Chapter Two.

Whispered Howls, Haunted Souls

 

 

The grand piano was playing a sad symphony, a melody far from the imagination of an ordinary person. There was something in the melody that hinted something else. It started off with a whisper of notes, soft and beautiful before it moved on to a louder yet moving piece.

 

The melody stopped as suddenly as it started. Kyuhyun froze in his seat. Was there another person besides them in this house? He looked over at Ryeowook, who remained calm at the moment while looking down. Somehow, it seemed like Ryeowook knew about this. It's his house after all.

"Kyuhyun, you may go upstairs and sleep. I'll take care of these. Wake me up at 9 in the morning tomorrow." Ryeowook's sudden talking brought him to reality and he nodded.

"Which room shall I sleep in?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Any room except the one with a photo frame at the table. That room shall be mine. I have checked, every room has a bed in it."

Kyuhyun nodded again and took his suitcase bedore heading up to his bedroom. He walked around, opening each of the doors except the one to the furthest of the right which he had figured to be the one Ryeowook had talked about. He opened the door next to the middle room, and the sight before him caught his attention. The moon could be seen clearly from the window and the light shone through the room was magnificent. He couldn't help but being drawn into this room. Placing his suitcase down, he sat down on the bed.

"This room shall be it."


 

***
 


As soon as Kyuhyun went up, Ryeowook walked up to the grand piano shining from the moon light. The piano was already open, and he carefully brushed his fingers on the keys of the piano. He had never felt so comforted by a piano piece before. It felt as if all of his problems went away. Speaking of the piano piece, he swore he had heard it before somewhere. He sighed softly before washing the teacups and heading upstairs to his bedroom.

 

But there's more to it than meets the eye.

He walked along the corridor, his shoes clicking against the carpeted floor softly. The reason why he chose the room to the furthest of the right was because of the photo frame. A photo frame of his family seven years ago. Back then when nothing went wrong and his only worry was how to not let his younger brother steal and spoil his toys and miniatures away.

 

His younger brother, Hyungshik, who was kidnapped and taken away before he could catch him first. Ryeowook sighed softly in regret.

 

He carressed the photo frame in his hands before plopping down on his bed. He will need to wake up early tomorrow.
 


***

 

 

“It's morning, sir.”

 

A deep voice broke the silence of the room just as Ryeowook stretched his arms.

 

“It's fine, just call me Ryeowook.”

 

A cup of tea emerged in front of Ryeowook's eyes. He raised his eyebrows in response, wondering what flavour was it.

 

“I'm clueless as to what flavour it is, but it's the nicest so far,” Kyuhyun said as he folded the clothes before placing it on Ryeowook's bed and prompted him to taste the tea.

 

Ryeowook swiftly put on his brown coat and buttoned the little buttons on his coat. He took the cup of tea in his hand and drank it slowly, savouring the taste. The sun's glowing warmly, just right for a long day for him. He looked over Kyuhyun and nodded his head silently.

 

“We're going out.”

 

 

***

 

 

There's something unusual Kyuhyun realized in Ryeowook although he couldn't quite catch what it was. People who would see it at a first glance wouldn't think of anything, but if they were in Kyuhyun's place, they would definitely understand him. He would never want to go to an alley, even when it connects to another road and could be a shortcut for them. He took the long away instead, walking through crowded or quiet places. Everytime Kyuhyun would prompt him to a shortcut via an alley, he would refuse immediately.

 

“Food, daily necessities, clothes... What more should we need to buy?” Ryeowook turned to Kyuhyun, who just stood beside him to wait for his instructions.

 

“It's your choice, Ryeowook,” Kyuhyun said as he smiled.

 

“We shall go back then!”

 

They walked the long way back to Ryeowook's house, since Kyuhyun knew Ryeowook wouldn't want to go to the short way. The sun was slowly setting, their shadows forming as they walked slowly back to home. Kyuhyun thought it wasn't such a bad day, since he was not the type to go out for long, until they reached home.

 

The whole living room was a total wreck.

 

Both of their eyes widened when they see the scene before them. It was horrible. The books that Ryeowook had placed beautifully by the shelves and the papers he stacked neatly on the table were thrown across the room. Some were even torn.

 

Kyuhyun silently wished his bedroom was not as terrible as what he was seeing in front of him.

 

He noticed how the furnitures were not disturbed, though some were pushed around. It seemed like only the “outsiders” were thrown and disturbed, Kyuhyun realized.

 

The cup on the table fell down on itself, the glass cracking into small pieces to the floor. Ryeowook screamed, his scream echoing through the whole house and he crouched down in fear. Kyuhyun took Ryeowook in his arms and embraced him, cooing things to his ear to calm him down. He looked at the wall where someone scribbled a note.

 

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO STAY HERE

 

It was in crimson red.

 

“It's fine, it was just a thief breaking into this house,” he said, hoping Ryeowook didn't see the note scribbled on the wall.

 

Kyuhyun looked around the house, now in fear with his heart reaching to a faster pace.

 

There's definitely something more to this house than meets the eye.

 

 

--

 

pic credits to: link

At long last, I got to finish this. I actually wanted to update this last Saturday, but apparently my sister didn't allow me to use her computer so yeah lol. Also, I'm including a picture with a quote or a sentence from the chapter itself as the poster of each chapter. It'll somehow relate to the chapter or the story so yeah 8D

 

Anyway, thank you for subscribing, new readers! I appreaciate my every single reader and comment <3 I will update quicker this time round!

Do comment and tell me your feedback about this chapter too <3

Until then, see you guys soon.