Somehow

Attraction

I got up and showered. No matter how hard I try to forget, he will always be on my mind. Time in the shower is always the time I over think. Well, I over think in general.


I need to get ready quickly.

 

The class of 2016 decided to have a party to celebrate one year in university or more like one year of being adults. I don’t really know why I’m going.

 

I changed quickly and dried my hair. I looked in the mirror. My hair is growing and now to my shoulders. I think I’ll let it grow this time.I put on a bit of make up. Something that I grew to like. I liked looking good.

 

I smiled to myself.

 

I put on my coat. It was most likely cold outside. Made sure I had my keys and phone. I locked up and left.

 

Oh the fifth floor. I will not walk down the stairs today. I promised to meet Sora at nearby cafe to catch up before going to reunion. We talk to each other almost everyday, but never have the time to see each other.

 

I was close to the cafe. I go almost every single day now. Ever since the midterms hit during my first semester, coffee wasn’t an option anymore.

 

I could see her through the window. As I got closer she saw me. She started waving and I waved back. I smiled. She smiled back. I gave her a hug when I was right in front of her.

 

“How have you been?” she asked.

 

“Good,” I say as I let go of her,”You?”

 

“Good too,” she sits down.

 

“How’s the job?”

 

“The usual. It’s okay, but sometimes you have those customers. What about you?”

 

“The exact same too.”

 

“Yep. It’s tough.”

 

“Especially when we have to go to school too, but we go to school too. We’re working so hard to achieve our dreams. I know this hard work will pay off.”

 

“Definitely right.”

 

I nodded.

 

She pushed a cup of coffee towards me. I took a sip.

 

“Are you ready to see the others?”

 

“Kind of.”

 

“Be confident.”

 

“I’ll try. No. I will.”

 

“You’ve changed so much in a year, but for the better.”

 

“I know,” I smiled.

 

Sora nodded.

 

“I still dream of him…,” I suddenly brought up,”I thought I saw him yesterday, but I think my head was messing with me.”

 

“Still on that love hangover, huh?”

 

“I guess.”

 

We started catching up. Although we went to different universities and didn’t talk much, we were really good friends. We could be miles apart and talk once a year, but our friendship will never vanish.

 

When I was done with my coffee, we got up to leave. We continued to chat about what has happened in our lives.

 

We ended up in front of the yukgaejung restaurant that they reserved. Our class president had paid everything to have this event. All I could do is stand there nervously.

 

No. I took a deep breath. I shouldn’t be nervous.

 

“Ready?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

We wanted in. I brightly said hi to everyone. Even gave hugs to some people. I sat down at a table with friends I hung out in high school.

 

We just caught up on university life and jobs. I was the only one who lived alone, worked multiple jobs, and went to university all together.

 

They seemed to live life easily. Well the always have. They seemed to always have a good support systems for themselves.

 

“So any boyfriends yet?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Nope,” I said.

 

“Awh. How come?” she said.

 

“It’s not a tragedy,” I said,”It’s just something I don’t think about.”

 

“Still so hung up on him?” Dahee said.

 

I didn’t even know how to respond.

 

“Why would I be?” I said,”he’s not here anymore so… What about you guys. Any boyfriends?”

 

The sheepishly looked away.

 

“Exactly,” I mumbled and rolled my eyes.

 

I saw Sora gesturing me to come over and sit with her. I excused myself to go over to Sora. I told them it was nice to catch up and wished them many good luck in life.

 

“Let’s go sit with Eul. She just got here,” Sora said.

 

“Yeah. Let’s go.” I stood up.

 
 

We sat down at a table with Eul. She looked worried or tired or hungry. We then were served food. We just sat there quietly, eating. But the look on Eul’s face kind of scared me.

 

“Eul, you okay?” I asked.

 

“I don’t know,” she said.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“I knew I should’ve told you this as soon as I found out, but-”

 

Eul was interrupted by a sudden noise. Everyone had suddenly greeted someone. I turned around to see who came, but my heart stopped.

 

I knew it.

 

It really was him. My mind wasn’t tricking me. My heart was yearning for him. He was here. Choi Hansol is here again.