four: intoxicated

Boy Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

#4: Intoxicated

 

 

Jihoon fumbles with the string of his hoodie as he waits impatiently for Mingyu so they can walk to the university’s cafeteria. It’s only Mondays and Fridays that they share the same lunch break, so he takes the initiative to wait for Mingyu at the entrance of his classroom.

 

 

“Sorry, Professor Oh was going on about one of these theories he heard from one of his scientist friends- totally irrelevant to the topic but he wouldn’t let anyone off until he finished.” The taller friend rolls his eyes, a little exhausted as he yawns with a wide mouth.

 

 

Jihoon laughs at him. “It’s fine. He’s usually like that on Friday afternoons. I always wait for five to ten minutes at the entrance.”

 

 

“Blame him, not me.” Mingyu grins as they head over to the cafeteria.

 

 

It’s painted with a cream white colour, with tables and chairs scattered accordingly across the hall. There are multiple shops you can buy food from; whether it’d be your traditional Korean lunch, or maybe Chinese, Thai, Western- basically anything.

 

 

Jihoon feels his stomach rumble as he eyes the open stalls. He knows that skipping breakfast isn’t smart but he was running late again. It’s finally twelve in the afternoon and he’s ready to inhale any food he can get.

 

 

Mingyu is already striding towards the Chinese stall, wallet in his left hand as he counts coins with his right.

 

 

He turns his head back. “Come on Jihoon! I want jjajangmyeon!”

 

 

Soon, the two boys are settled down on an empty table. Jihoon had decided on the same meal as Mingyu and set out their takeaway bowls in front of them.

 

 

Mingyu is already digging in, sauce taking the corner of his lips. The boy pauses. “How’s Seungcheol hyung?”

 

 

“Hmm?” Jihoon hums, inattentive as he breaks his chopsticks into two. “Why are you asking me? Didn’t you have class with him this morning?”

 

 

“I’m talking about your relationship, idiot,” Mingyu says. He rolls his eyes and Jihoon feels his face heat up.

 

 

He clears his throat. “Well, there’s nothing much going on. Sometimes he touches me; like holds my hands and stuff. Just last week, he came over in the morning and we both ended up sleeping on the same bed. He was hugging me whilst we slept.”

 

 

Jihoon feels his cheeks heat up at the memory of waking up in the taller’s strong arms. It definitely felt good.

 

 

Mingyu feels himself grinning too widely at the new information. “Wow! That's considered progress, right? I have a hunch that he might actually see you more than just a friend!”

 

 

Jihoon cringes at him. “No, I don’t think so. He talks to Jeonghan more. Recently they’ve been hanging with each other a lot.”

 

 

“Yeah but does he hold his hands like he does with you? I doubt hyung does the same thing with Jeonghan. Why don’t you ask him?” Mingyu asks, his voice rising a little higher from excitement. He’s eager to get the two males together, wanting the painful wait to be over.

 

 

“No! How am I supposed to do that?” Jihoon exclaims, shocked. Get Seungcheol to tell him how he feels? Does that mean he needs to confess? Jihoon presses his lips together, he’s not ready for the rejection. He doesn’t want their friendship to crumble from some stupid crush.

 

 

Jihoon sighs as he looks up from his food, chewing thoughtfully. He notes how Mingyu wears the most mischievous grin he’s seen all day and feels his stomach flutter with nerves.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

Mingyu leans in. “Get him to confess to you drunk. Drunk confessions are the best.”

 

 

Jihoon feels his soul flying away at the suggestion. “No! I can’t just do that to him for my sake! Why should I? Plus, I’ve got a full-work day tomorrow. Being hungover and working don’t complement each other well.”

 

 

Eventually, Jihoon manages to switch the conversation topic to Mingyu's current interest in the newly transferred male, Wonwoo. Mingyu says Wonwoo changed his course midway of this year, which Jihoon thought was impossible but apparently he only needs one year before he graduates like the rest of them.

 

 

Jihoon sits at Seungcheol’s kitchen counter.

 

 

He's unaware of his fingers drumming against the marble countertop as his eyes shift everywhere but the older boy who sits across him.

 

 

“Are you okay, Jihoon?” the taller tilts his head.

 

 

Jihoon shoots up, his hands clasping together, eventually giving in to Mingyu's suggestion. “Chicken and beer?”

 

 

Seungcheol flinches back at his sudden change of attitude before breaking into a low chuckle. “Sure, I’ll pay.”

 

 

The boys decide to watch a movie as they wait for their chicken delivery. Jihoon doesn’t really remember the last time he drank with Seungcheol- maybe it wasn’t their kind of thing to get drunk together but Jihoon is a little desperate and hopeful.

 

 

He feels guilty but maybe, if Seungcheol doesn’t like him, it’ll be easier to get over the male now than later.

 

 

Jihoon presses play before he finds himself glued beside Seungcheol who automatically wraps an arm around his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter