Chapter 7: Mission

Divided
 
"Targets approaching the critical area in 60 seconds."
 
"Understood. Anything suspicious?" Jihyo radioed in from her spot next to Nayeon. Both girls were hidden behind some of the large metal containers at the docks not far away from the meeting area but away from the enemies sight. Dahyun was keeping watch on the roof on the other end of the area. A second team had also been deployed as backup surrounded the area.
 
"Nothing up here." 
 
"Negative on the cameras too." Sana was back at HQ watching the event from cameras planted all over the area. From her spot, Jihyo watched as the gang walked in with a briefcase in hand, waiting for their client to arrive. There were six of them, all females. Young and innocent looking females. Jihyo knew better though, she had seen their files and knew exactly how dangerous these ladies were.
 

--------------------

[Few hours earlier]
 
"Team, we have a new mission."
 
After the meeting with the chief, Jihyo returned to the office to brief the team on their newest task. Gathering the girls around the table, she pulled out her laptop. Typing in a few codes, the details of the missions appeared on the projected screen behind her along with the profiles of their next targets.
 
"According to the chief, the Director had gotten word that there will be a meeting between some gangs at the docks at dusk to exchange strictly confidential information from the bureau." She pointed at the profiles of the six girls. "This is the first gang. They call themselves G-Friend. They're led by Kim Sojung who calls herself Sowon and is assisted by Jung Yerin." Pointing at the remaining profiles, Jihyo introduced each member. "Jung Eunbi, Choi Yuna, Hwang Eunbi and Kim Yewon. They go by Eunha, Yuju, SinB and Umji respectively."
 
"Don't let their looks fool you. They're all highly wanted criminals." The girls nodded, signalling the captain to continue. "However, there's no info on who they're meeting or how many will show so keep your guards up. Our mission is simple: capture the members both gangs for interrogation and retrieve the files that they'll be exchanging. Another team will be sent with us as backup. Is everyone clear?"
 
"Yes ma'am."
 
"Then we leave in 5 hours."
 

--------------------
 

"Captain, there's someone approaching from your 6 o' clock."

"Sana, what do you see?"
"..."
"Sana?"
"It's them."
"What?!?!"
 
Pulling out her scope, Jihyo could see the five familiar silhouettes of her former teammates approaching the gang and having a heated discussion before passing around a briefcase. Something's not right. Why are they here? Shaking off the ominous feeling, Jihyo focused on the mission at hand. She had to catch the girls this time or else the director will have her head. Suddenly, Dahyun's panicked voice comes through the radio, cutting off her train of thought. 
 
"Captain, the backup is moving in!"
 
"Sergeant, what the hell are you doing?" Jihyo immediately radioed the leader of the second team. This wasn't the plan. She turned to see Nayeon, phone in hand, eyes widening at the scene. The second squad was quickly approaching the gangs, guns in hands ready to take everyone down. "Sorry Park. We don't answer to you. We're under orders to bring them in. Dead or alive." They're out for blood, the young captain thought she as stood up from her spot, ready to move in, knowing that they weren't planing on having survivors. "Wait!"
 
And the sound of bullets rang through the once silent night.
 

--------------------
 

[On the other side. Few minutes before the attack]
 
"Sowon, I heard you have something we need."
 
They approached the six-member gang, wary of what they're capable of. All six of them were there, no tricks in their sleeves, just as promised. The girls had arranged a meeting on the docks tonight to give the five members something they claimed will help them. He's betrayed them before, they claimed and they wanted to help bring him down.
 
"Here it is. Make sure you fulfil your end of the bargain."
 
Receiving the briefcase, they opened it to check the files, making sure everything was in place. At last, they finally had all the tools needed to accomplish their mission. Nodding at each other, the girls got ready to leave the area. Yet Tzuyu was bothered, something felt off. Then, she saw it. A lone figure on top of a nearby building. Dahyun. Jeongyeon's phone rang at that exact moment, causing the girl to look down at the screen before crying out.
 
"AMBUSH."
 
The warning had been covered by the sound of officers charging forward, bullets began raining towards the gangs. Immediately, they took off doing their best to evade the bullets. The G-Friend members stayed behind, pulling out their weapons to counter the attack. Sowon turned to them, a solemn expression on her face. Take him down, she mouthed before sending a barrage of bullets at the attackers to cover the girls' escape.
 
They ran towards the vehicle, ducking behind containers to avoid being shot. Tzuyu's senses were tingling. Dahyun was here, meaning the rest of the team were too. She kept an eye out as she ran, knowing that her dear captain was nearby. Arriving at the vehicle, Tzuyu allowed the older members to get in first, still wary of her surroundings. The engine came to life and she grabbed the briefcase. Then, it hit her. Literally.
 
Pain seared through her body as the bullet hit her arm before another hit the briefcase's lock. The briefcase broke open sending papers everywhere. She turned towards her shooter whose gun was still raised in preparation for a second shot. Slamming the door close, she motioned for the other girls to leave, ignoring the worried glances they sent her. They knew that someone had to sacrifice themselves in order for the others to escape. As the car drove off, the Taiwanese girl suddenly ran towards the shooter, tackling him to the ground before she could fire another shot.
 
The gun skidded across the tarmac as the two bodies rolled on the ground, stuggling to subdue the other. A second person appeared, pulling Tzuyu away from the shooter. "Go help the others. This one's mine." The man looked back and forth between the two before saluting and running of to join the others. Launching at each other, the fight continued but it wouldn't last much longer.
 
The burning sensation in Tzuyu's arm was too much and she was starting to struggle to defend herself, allowing her attacker to overpower her and cuff her arms behind her back. Face pressed against the ground, the Taiwanese girl knew they weren't any means of escape this time. She already knew who her attacker was. After all, only one person could take her down that swiftly.
 
"Unnie-"
 
"Shut up Tzuyu. I've had enough of your tricks." Jihyo's tone was cold and emotionless. The type of voice she would only use on criminals. Feeling herself being pulled upwards, Tzuyu let herself get dragged like a rag doll towards the police cruiser. She watched as the surviving members of G-Friend got loaded onto the other vehicles, faces bloodied and full of anguish as they saw their fallen members. Tzuyu turned away as the guilt began creeping into her heart.
 
"Chou Tzuyu, you are under arrest...."
 
She didn't bother to pay any attention to the words that came out from the officer's mouth. She already knew what she would be charged with. As the door of the cruiser closed, she allowed her eyes to scan the area. Scattered documents, the ones they dropped in their haste, were being picked up by the remaining officers and passed to Jihyo who took it, paying no mind to its contents. They had messed up and lost a vital piece of information. She leaned back and sighed, their plan was going terribly wrong. And worse still.
 
She'd actually got caught.
 
 

A/N: Chapter seven is here with a cameo by GFriend. How's the story so far? Hope everyone is enjoying it and thank you once again for subscribing and commenting.