Chapter 2: Despair

Divided
 
"WAS THAT REALLY NECESSARY!?!?"
 
Upon arriving at the hideout, Tzuyu turned to Jeongyeon and threw a punch at the older girl's face. Shouts filled the once quiet building on the outskirts of Seoul, prompting the other members to rush towards the scene. They sprang into action when they saw the youngest attack the eldest of the gang who was still on the ground in shock. As two of them struggled to stop the trashing girl from pummelling the older girl into a pulp, a third approached the stunned girl checking her for any injuries.
 
"I'm fine, Mina. Help them stop Tzuyu!"
 
Mina sighed and turned towards the struggling members. She approached Tzuyu who was attempting to break free, shouting curses at Jeongyeon with tears pouring down her face. Pulling out a syringe, she mumbled an apology and stabbed the needle into the girl's neck. The drug soon took effect and the tall girl eventually quieted down, her cries turning into silent sobs as she slipped into unconsciousness.
 
"Momo, Chaeng, take her to the medical bay."
 
Nodding, both girls wrapped their arms around Tzuyu's shoulders and dragged her into the nearby room. Jungyeon sighed as she sat on the ground, rubbing her temples to get rid of the incoming headache. Forcing herself off the ground, she struggled to stand, only succeeding thanks to Mina's support. She mumbled her thanks to the gang's medic who led her into the medical bay as well.
 
"Let's clean up those wounds first. Then, I believe you have some explaining to do."
 

-------------------
 

"She's awake."
 
Those were the first words Tzuyu heard once she woke up from her induced sleep. Slowly prying her eyes open, she lifted her body off the mattress to see the rest of the members in the room. Mina sat next to the bed, reclining in her seat and reading one of her thick medical textbooks. Chaeyoung stood on the other side of the bed, leaning against the wall as she prepared to restrain the youngest in the event that she were to start attacking again. Momo was leaning against the door frame next to Jeongyeon who was seated as far away from the youngest as possible. She glared at the oldest before groaning from the headache. A side effect of the drug that was administered.
 
"How long was I out?" 
 
"A few hours. You slept through breakfast," Mina answered, her eyes not leaving the book in her hands. It was no wonder why her stomach was growling. Someone threw a sandwich onto her lap and held a bottle of water in front of her face. She looked up to see Chaeyoung's smiling at her in pity. Thanking the shorter girl, she opened the bottle and chugged down the water, trying to quench her thirst. The other girls watch her eat her meal in silence. No one daring to say anything to the younger girl. They looked at each other, trying to signal each other to speak. Sighing, Jeongyeon opened to question the girl.
 
"Tzuyu, do you remember what happened last night?"
 
"You mean the part where you smashed a glass bottle over Jihyo's head or the part where I almost tore you to pieces?" Tzuyu answered nonchalantly, still munching on the sandwich in her hand. Jeongyeon gulped, afraid as she knew what the youngest was capable of. Jeongyeon opened to speak again, this time more careful with her words. She wanted to apologise and justify herself for what she had done that night.
 
"Tzuyu-ah..."
 
"I'm sorry for what happened unnie. I shouldn't have gotten caught and I shouldn't have attacked you like that. But for now, I just need some time alone." The eldest simply nodded and left the room with Momo and Chaeyoung. Glancing back into the room, she made eye contact with Mina who nodded, knowing what she had to do. As the door closed, she turned to Tzuyu.
 
"Are you alright?"
 
"It hurts unnie." Mina sighed and closed the book in her hands. She climbed into the bed next to Tzuyu and held her close, watching the younger girl as she spoke. Tzuyu opened up to Mina. Due to having similar personalities, she had always seen the older girl as a sister and trusted her the most within the gang. The fact that Mina was Jihyo's best friend and was just as hurt as she was, only strengthened the bond between them. 
 
"How long must we keep this up? Why did we even agree to this?"
 
The medic listened quietly, taking note of how heartbroken the younger girl sounded as she blamed herself for the incident. All five of them knew that both parties would suffer from this decision. And it was undeniable that Jihyo and Tzuyu were taking it the hardest. But they didn't have a choice. Orders were orders after all. When Tzuyu was done, Mina spoke to reassure the girl before asking the one question that was on everyone's mind.
 
"You still love her, don't you Tzuyu?"
 
"I never stopped."
 

-------------------
 

Standing by the rain covered windowsill, a lone figure whipped out her phone to call an old acquaintance. She watched as the younger girl slept peacefully, listening to the sound of the rain, waiting for the call to connect.
 
"Hello?"
"Unnie, it's me."
"You're supposed to be making minimal contact."
"I know. But I need to know about her condition."
"She hasn't woken up. Lost quite a lot of blood."
"She's fine though?"
"Jihyo's stubborn. You can't take her down that easily."
"I know."
"What were you thinking though, Jeongyeon? She could have died if we didn't find her in time."
"I'm sorry. But I had to make things convincing, like you did when you tried to shoot us."
"You're an idiot. Maybe I'll actually kill you when we meet again."
"No thank you. Tzuyu already tried."
"I'll have to thank her then. How's she coping?"
"She's fine. Asleep now. I don't get why we can't just tell the others about the plan?"
"He's watching them. We can't put them at risk too."
"I know. It'll be easier if everyone else knows though."
"Yeah. Look Jeongyeon, I have to go. Goodnight. Stay safe."

"Goodnight Nayeon unnie. You too."
 
 

A/N: Here's Chapter Two. Thanks to all the subscribers and also for all the comments posted. I really appreciate it and I hope the story reaches your expectations. I apologise for any mistakes in the story and hope you all enjoy this chapter as well as the rest of the story.