What happened before the party stays before the party...?

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The not so lovey-dovey couple was locked in the garage for two hours already, never talking even without a glance exchanged between them. Well maybe not from Hyun Ah – she was sitting with her head rested on the top of her knees. Joon was sitting across from her, looking straight at her. He was the first to get tired of the silence between them.

                “Since you don’t want to play cards – “

                “I never said that!” She still didn’t look at him. “The thing is that you don’t have cards here...”

                “Oh, that’s right…!” Babo, babo, babo ya! How much stupid can I be?

                “Babo ya…” Hyun Ah whispered. Joon looked at her, suppressing a smile and taking the opportunity she just had given him.

                “What did you say?” He saw her body stiffen a bit but she didn’t answer him. “Ya, Kim Hyun Ah, just answer me!” Hyun Ah kept still so Joon didn’t shut it. “Stupid girl!”

                “YA!” She got up and started to walk towards him. “The stupid one is you! You’re the one who doesn’t have the guts to do anything about this damn wedding! At least I tried to do something!” she said that in a way that made Joon shiver noticeably. However he gathered himself quickly and also stood, towering her by some inches.

                “I was going to run away too! If only you didn’t cross my path!”

                “Oh, you’re blaming me, is that it?”

                “Of course you idiotic bear-headed girl! If it weren’t for you I’d be out of this house by now! So it only makes sense to say that it’s your fault!” he yelled at her. Joon never wanted to fight with her – his intentions were only to make her talk about what made her give up on running away but she end up saying things that made him snap.

Hyun Ah was staring at him the whole time; he always saw the fearless and unbreakable side of this girl but right now there was a rightful dejection that made tears stream down her cheeks. Bleakness took her to her knees, sobbing quietly.

                “I just couldn’t go, I’m so sorry but I just couldn’t…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter