Missing Her

Marrying By Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Almost two weeks passed since the shooting and the couple had been drifting apart since then. Their schedules were incompatible and they barely saw one another. Every night Joon would come home just to find Hyuna already asleep and every morning he would be gone before she was even up.

They were moody, depressed and mind-absent all day long and – even while trying their hardest – everyone could see through them which was causing preoccupation to the standby watchers.

Even though it was evident to everyone both of them kept denying they cared for each other in a special manner; the possibility of falling in love made them sick to the stomach, so they said…

 

It was probably by noon when Mir entered the cafeteria, jumping and bouncing all around; just being the happy and non-preoccupied child he was. Mir was always like this – happy just because he was alive. But then a gloomy-and-full-of-worry-cloud invaded his space, startling the poor one. Just then he noticed his hyung spacing out with a tray of food in front of him. Scared out of his wits, step by step, Mir made his approach in an extremely careful manner and called out for his hyung in the quietest way ever. Of course he didn’t hear – Joon was just too worried about something.

                “Ya, hyung!” Joon looked up seeming completely surprised. “Ya, I’ve been here for almost twenty minutes calling for you! What’s up with you lately? Is being married so good that you can’t even forget your wife for two seconds?!” Joon barely hissed and just took his apple biting it.

                “Where did you hear that nonsense?”Even though Joon was bothering answering he did it in such a drab Mir rolled his eyes and slammed the table so loud not only his hyung but the trainees sitting nearby were frightened for a second.

                “YA! You hear me, Lee Chang Sun! You go back immediately and tell that woman you love her, give her a damn kiss and comeback to give your best on stage! It’s our comeback night at M!Countdown and I swear you ruin this performance up I’ll ruin your precious, pretty face!” A moment of silence filled the air while the two giants stared at each other having the whole cafeteria gawking at them. The intensity of their stare could be felt all over the place and it got everyone goosebumps.

                “So…You think I have a pretty face…?” Still staring hard Joon questioned the younger. Mir only sniffed keeping his steady posture and then finally answered, his voice cold as ice.

                “Yeah.” Joon nodded and made his way out looking smoking hot and composed only like Lee Joon could. Mir relaxed his position and pouted like a diva, resting his head on his fist. “My work it’s so difficult sometimes.”

***

                Joon ran to his car and called Hyuna but she didn’t pick up. He ended up throwing his phone to the back seat and had just made the decision to drive over to CUBE but then an incoming call from Rain surprised him. Joon didn’t pick it up but didn’t move either. He knew he couldn’t just leave the company’s building that way but much less could he not go see Hyuna.

Then out of nowhere the answer to his prayers appeared.

 

***

                “Hyunseung-ah!” Upon hearing Ji Hyun’s calling Hyunseung stop on his tracks having her bumping with his back. She slapped and punched his back until he turned and got a hold of her hands shaking her.

                “Nam Ji Hyun! Stop it!” The tall girl pulled her hands from him clenching them next. Hyunseung tried to dissolve those fists but she just pushed him away.

                “Ya, who do you think you are?! Some super hero? Maybe Romeo?” Hyunseung sighed deeply and messed up his hair for a few seconds turning his back on Ji Hyun again who approached him and rested her own forehead against his back groaning desperately. “Hyunseung, value yourself up a bit! Let her live her life, live yours… Meet someone and make a new story, just let Hyuna alone.” Ji Hyun turned Hyunseung and let her hand touch his face lightly. He always felt so cold at times like this.

                “Hyunseung!” A male’s voice shouted from not so far pulling them apart immediately. Joon ran the short distance and pointed at Hyunseung as if they’re were anime characters. Hyunseung slightly jumped from the surprise but didn’t let it show.

                “What…?!”

                “I need a favor!” Hyunseung arched an eyebrow interested. “Hyuna… I don’t know how long it’s going to take me here today and some days ago a thief entered our place. I’m sure she told you…” Hyunseung said nothing however he felt weird; Hyuna hadn’t said anything to him. Same went to Ji Hyun who was divided between the fear of her friend being in danger and concerned over whether Joon’s favor would take Hyunseung away. “Either way I’m just not comfortable leaving her alone for so long.”

                “So you want me to take care of her while you’re away?” Hyunseung smiled mischievously pleased. “Like shared custody?”

                “YA! If I even suspect you smelled her fingernail I’ll have your head!” Hyunseung just smiled at his threat and placed his hands on his pockets walking closer to Joon.

                “So when do you need me at your place?”

                “Now.” Hyunseung nodded and just waved him off. After a death warning glare Joon went back into the company to look for his band mates leaving Ji Hyun and Hyunseung alone again. Ji Hyun had this murderous look on her face and her arms were crossed, helping her figure to look even more threatening.

                “So you are going.” She wasn’t asking and Hyunseung sensed once he answered her rhetorical question he would be dead meat. He tried to nod but Ji Hyun gave him a push on the chest and then shook him. “Answer me!”

                “… Yes!” A hard slap sound was heard in the deserted street.

                “Good luck getting killed! I’m tired of being the damn priest!”

Ji Hyun walked down the street elegantly with her light long dress and fancy heels clenching onto her purse looking stern and beautiful as a goddess. Once she found herself inside her car, tears started to drop down while Ji Hyun tried to contain them. It didn’t eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter