2 (Epilogue)

When Things Fall Apart

 

It was around midnight later that day; Hyunseung was still clueless of ___________'s leaving. 
 
Although it was really late, Hyunseung decided to go see ___________. He hasn’t seen her in a while and decided to surprise her. He’d been busy with his schedule for weeks now and knew that ___________ was probably missing him by now just like he misses her. 
 
He turned the corner of the hall to her apartment and with one knock on the door, it autmatically opened. Hyunseung grew curious and a little worried.
 
He entered her completely empty apartment and his eyes enlarged. Not one piece of furniture was in her living room, her kitchen was empty of food and dishes, and her walls were picture-less.
 
A lump formed in his throat as his heart felt as if a rock had hit him.
 
She… left.
 
His ________ left. No, this couldn't be happening, it can't. 
 
He desperately searched her entire apartment for something, anything of hers, but found nothing. Everything was gone... there was not one trace of her left. Tears gradually started to pour down his face as wave pain grew in his heart. He felt so... empty.
 
He lost it, he wanted to go crazy. Why would she just… leave? No, she can't leave him, he couldn't live without her, he wouldn't live without her. 
 
He hastily whipped out his phone, which he hadn't checked in days. He had to call her, this was crazy, what she's doing. His eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw the event reminder that appeared in big, bold, clear letter on his screen: 
 
Yesterday: _________'s Birthday
 
A gap formed in his heart as the pain hurt even more. He felt every bit ashamed. 
 
I-I forgot her birthday...
 
He mentally slapped himself and frustratingly rubbed his face with his palms. 
 
The tears were spilling down his face and drowning his shirt by now. How could I? I forgot her birthday. What kind of boyfriend am I?No wonder she left. 
 
Hugging his knees, he continued to cry and bawl. 
 
"_________," he whispered. 
 
He noticed an envelop sitting on the counter and instantly ran to it. His name was printed clearly on the front and he immediately knew it was from _________. He could tell her handwriting, her beautiful handwriting, anywhere. He hurriedly tore open the envelop and his heart sank as he read the letter _________ had left for him...
 
Hyunseung,
 
By the time you read this, I’m probably off on my plane already.
 
First, I want you to know that I love you. I love you so entirely much that words cannot describe my love for you. But right now, things are complicated as ever. All this constant fighting and arguing. All those nights I would spend just praying that you’d show. I know that this is your dream in life, to perform and make people happy, and this is me letting you live that dream… easily.
 
These past few lonely weeks I realized that… I’m the reason, I’m the person getting in the way of your happiness. And I’m sorry for that, I’m sorry for burdening you. I want you to be happy. I want you to live on and not have me bother you in any sort of way. People like you don’t belong with people like me. You're meant for being up on stage and wowing people with your amazing talent, and I'm meant to watch you and be amazed. We're not meant for eachother, sadly. You're a performer, and idol, and I'm nothing but a normal girl.
 
I hope one day, we come across eachother with bright smiles and laugh about all this, but right now I need time. Time to think, time to take a break, time to get my life together…
 
Don't get me wrong, I still think of this as the best experience of my life, being with you. I never regretted anything, not even for a single second did I ever regret being with you. You're a big part of my life, and me letting you go won't be simple. Promise me to always keep your head up and try. Promise me to never, ever quit performing. 
 
Lastly, promise me that you won't let this ever get in the way of your dreams.
 
Even though we are miles apart by now… just know you will always have a special place in my heart. I won’t ever forget you Jang Hyunseung. Never. Thank you for this wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing your love with me. I’m sorry for leaving so quickly, but this is what it’s meant to be. 
 
I’m so entirely sorry for leaving in such short notice. I love you and wish you nothing but the best. 
 
Keep your head up, and stay strong... for me. 
 
With love,
 
____________________
 
 
He gripped onto the letter tightly as his tears began to stain the page. Never in his life has he felt so broken. 
 
This... this was all his fault. He made her feel this way. He made her feel as if he didn't love her anymore which was completely wrong. He loved her more than anything and anyone in the world. She was everything to him; she was his world. Nothing and no one could ever compare to having her in his arms, her beautiful eyes and stunning smile. 
 
But now... it's too late. She's gone for good, and left Hyunseung clueless of where she may be. 
 
One day I will find you __________-ah, I'll find you and I'll never give up. 
 
He tucked the letter in his pocket and stood up. He walked out the door and stopped turning to her empty apartment and getting one last glance at it, at all the memories. With a heavy heart, he shut the door and left as a  final tear slid down his cheek. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
Okay so this is just a little short "Epilogue" I made. 
 
I hope you enjoyed it! 
 
I might do a sequel soon. Thanks for reading and ...
 
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE~
 
have a good one guys (: 
 
K, BYE