know you

click

— Y —

"Even though it's just for one event, I see you have a lot of potential in working for our future events. It seems that you are overqualified as a stand-in photographer," Ms Jung compliments with confidence in her voice. She tells you that she's heard a word about you being an owner of a fansite and asks if it will affect your quality of work. You reply with an honest answer of making work your priority and not your wants, and you tell her that meeting Seventeen, although it is nice to, is not your top priority of the job, but rather to produce quality pictures for the company. She gives you an uneasy look about your answer which makes you unsure and lose confidence, but surprisingly accepts it. She looks through your porftolio on your iPad that you bring, and is convinced after she sees your ability to be versatile through your photos. She hands you back your iPad after a few repeated scrolls back and forth your resume. 

Ms Jung nods to herself as if she's made a decision on the spot. She grins, "All right. Since you have no competitor in this job interview, well, more like a getting-to-know-you session, we're happy to have you onboard, Ms Yoon."

Ms Jung reaches out a hand for you to shake in response. You smile. You got the job. Through a simple interview as well. Getting all worked up and nervous was definitely unnecessary. You shake her hand and thank her for her time. 

"We do have some papers we need you to sign, since this is a private hire with courtesy of both the big boss and Jeonghan. Don't worry too much about that. We'll see how you perform during the fansign event and the quality of your work. If it works well, we can talk more about potential future plans with the company," Ms Jung states in all honesty. 

"That sounds great!" You beam. Ms Jung shows you out of the meeting room and directs you into the Human and Resource office. She tells you that the editorial team will be sending you a follow-up email on your employment as a stand-in within the next week, including details about the preparation and itinerary for the event. You thank her as she entrusts you to the HR team.

Well, maybe I can be a true adult after all, you think to yourself, and mentally give yourself a pat on the back for staying calm and honest during your interview. 

You patiently wait for someone to tend to you as you fall back into your thoughts. So this is what it feels like to be working under a big company. You scan the HR office. A lot, a lot of paperwork on privacy and confidentiality, you grimaced. A young lady calls you in and you enter another small meeting room. She hands you a few papers and explains each paper to be signed. You pick up the pen and slowly read through the thin deck, your smile slowly disappearing with how wordy the document was. 

"I know, it's always like this whenever we employ new staff. I understand it's especially bad for you since you'll never be coming back again," the lady comments haughtily. Excuse me? You gape at her in disbelief. Rude? 

You sign the papers and give them to her, refusing to start a conversation with her. "Here's a copy for yourself to keep." She hands you a brown envelope with the copy of the documents and you receive them while mumbling a thank you, seeing yourself out as the lady doesn't bother to. 

You enter the lift and punch the ground level button, annoyed at the HR staff. "It's true that not everyone in this industry will be nice, but I didn't expect to encounter it with an HR staff? Excuse me? HR? Lady! You're supposed to be the one doing customer service here! What an attitude!" You complain aloud to yourself, while stepping off the lift onto the platform. Who does she think she is!? Does she think she owns the company? Who even allowed her to say that? Do I look? Like someone? Who can't do my job well enoug-

You stop in your thoughts when you recognize a figure in front of you. More like two figures. Recognizable figures. 

"What's with that scowl on your face?" Jeonghan asks from afar and nods in your direction while walking towards you.

"I-i-" you stutter. You can't comprehend Wonwoo approaching you. "I-uhm," You let out. You couldn't even complete your sentence with your favourite SEVENTEEN member right in front of you, seeing you in such a bad temper. 

"If you're here, does that mean your interview's done and dusted?" Jeonghan asks, attempting to get you back to your senses. 

You nod in response. You realise you are holding the brown envelope with the contract documents. You hand your brother then envelope. "This is my contract." 

"Contract? You got the job?" Jeonghan's eyebrows raise and takes the envelope from your hand, fishing out the papers. You nod again, still unable to find words. 

Jeonghan skims through the papers. "Wow, Yoon Soeun. I never knew you were this amazing."

Jeonghan looks up and notices the awkward atmosphere between you and Wonwoo, with you avoiding eye contact. Oh right, I forgot. We're currently in a webtoon series. Might as well go along with it. 

"Wonwoo, this is my sister I mentioned earlier, Yoon Soeun," Jeonghan says, sneaking in a smirk.

"Yoon Soeun, your idol, Wonwoo." 

You click your tongue at your brother for exposing you there and then. "Hi," You greet awkwardly. 

Wonwoo meets your eyes and smiles. "Hello." He stares at you for a few seconds and light bulb flickers in his head. That name was definitely familiar, not as Jeonghan's sister but in another occasion. He runs his mind through his memories. Definitely sometime a few weeks ago. When was it? He remembered associating your name with something... 

Matcha. Bingo. 

"Nice name, Yoon Soeun," Wonwoo teases with a grin. 

You look at him in disbelief. Did he really remember you? Before you could confirm it, your brother breaks your confidence to speak. "Don't you have anything to say to my lovely sister, Wonwoo?" Jeonghan probes. 

Wonwoo's mind winds back to a few minutes before meeting you, to the conversation, ahem, confession, he made about you. Damn. Everything just fit perfectly into place. The phone you made to Jeonghan, you telling him that he had a nice name, Jeonghan photobombing all those pictures. And now you were right in front of him. He couldn't help but admire your appearance for a moment or two. Sure he didn't believe in love at first sight since that was too abstract of a concept that he will never grasp, but Wonwoo definitely felt a liking to you, and he didn't really understand why. 

 Wonwoo bows in front of you, leaving you puzzled. "I'm sorry for my careless mistake of following your fan account with the official Seventeen account," he honestly confesses. 

"Oh no- It's okay! It's fine! You don't have to apologise," You stutter. So much was happening all at once. Why is everything happening at the same time!?

"He apologizes because you received some very rude comments the past few weeks. I told him that if he doesn't you'd turn suicidal," Jeonghan dead-pans. 

You shoot him a dirty look, only for it to be returned with a mocking grin. "I-I'm fine, really. I even secured a job, it's cool." 

"Oh and if you didn't know, Wonwoo," Jeonghan dead-pans again and turns to the named boy. "My sister is a stand-in photographer for our upcoming fansign event with this beautiful shade of brown envelope in my hand as proof. Don't worry you will definitely see her more so don't be too excited now. And you," Jeonghan says in one breath and changes his focus to you. "Don't distract Wonwoo with your ugly fan account pictures because if you do, you will see him obsessing over himself more than the group and if he does I'm blaming it on you." 

You face-palm. "You are literally the worst brother ever." 

"Thank you," Jeonghan replies, handing you back your contract. "Now that spill session is over, Wonwoo and I have to get back to work." 

You nod in response, ready to finally go home. You bid the two a farewell and quickly make a move before you do something more embarrassing.

"Soeun-ssi."

You turn around in surprise as the voice definitely did not belong to your brother. 

"I'll need more energizer drinks this week," He announces to you, hoping you'd take the hint. 

You warmly smile at your idol. "Feel free to come again!" 

Wonwoo's cheeks rise. There goes the epitome of a perfect cafe girl. 

Behind all this, Jeonghan shrugs to himself. "I deserve some credit for exposing secrets." 

 

— W — 

"Goodnight everyone!" Wonwoo greets, walking pass all rooms before heading to his bed in the living room, just finishing a few games on his PC in his room. 

Wonwoo plops onto his bed and reaches out to his phone that had been charging. He opens his Weverse, and like a nightly routine, reads some of his fan posts. He does his best to reply most of them, but misses some in the process due to the huge amount of fans posting questions at the same time. 

Oh right. 

After 30 minutes of reading through fan posts on Weverse, Wonwoo switches to his fake account. He double checks if he's on the right account, and when confident after seeing his sky profile picture, proceeds to search up your fanbase account. It's been two days since meeting you at the ground level of the company building. 

He turns himself to lie on his stomach, checking if you had tweeted anything the past two days. Maybe about his encounter with you. Hopefully about his encounter with you. Or maybe something surrounding that event. Wait, if she does then she would be outing herself to the public. No. He would rather you tweet about something not related to your employment at his company. He brushes his thoughts away and scroll through your feed to see if you've updated anything. 

And you do. 

Wonwoo's face lights up and eagerly reads the tweet you post 4 hours ago, ready to know what you've been up to. 

Just got off work, tried the new earl grey roll cake. Get one for yourself to satisfy your cravings. 

Attached was an aesthetic picture of the cake, accompanied with a dessert fork. Wonwoo marvels at the cake and thinks whether he should start a conversation with you. He usually doesn't care about small things like these, but he definitely wants to get to know you. He double-checks his account name, and when he's sure, hits the direct message button. He thinks of what to say to you as a 'stranger'. He definitely plans to reveal his identity later on, but ponders on how to start the ball rolling. 

The cake looks good. Where can I get it? 

Wonwoo hits the send button and patiently waits for an answer. He glances at the wall clock diagonally behind him.  It's hitting 1a.m. in the morning, and he realises that he might not get an immediate reply, considering how late it might be for you. As each second passes by, Wonwoo starts to regret his actions. She might think I'm some sort of creep. Wonwoo stares blankly at the ceiling and starts thinking about all the possible replies that he might get, including one of which you block. He immediately dismisses the thought and agrees to himself that you might not be the type to do so. He quietly sighs to himself and locks his phone screen and rolls to his other side, deciding to sleep his worries off. I've got a long day ahead tomorrow anyway, he thinks to himself while closing his eyes. 

His phone vibrates and his eyes open again. He shoots up and unlocks his phone screen. 

1 message from @ONLY_WONDAY. 

He smiles in delight and taps on the notification. 

It's at this cafe I work in. Here's a screenshot on directions. 

His grin widens. Of course, he knows where she works. It's Mingyu's favourite cafe. He hovers his fingers over his keyboard, thinking of what to type next. 

Thank you, is there anything else you would recommend? 

That depends on what you like. 

What is your personal favourite? 

Wonwoo looks up from his phone. He doesn't even know why he's doing this. He isn't even a conversation starter, yet why was he getting so excited? His phone vibrates again, and he makes a mental note on his next message to be the last one for the night. He has to get up in a few hours anyway. He reads the message you send him. 

I personally like our matcha latte, but I know people who don't. I think you should drop by sometime to try something.

Wonwoo rereads your message three times and contemplates whether he should introduce himself. He dismisses the idea and decides on revealing himself to you face to face instead sometime next week, bringing Mingyu with him. 

All right, maybe I'll visit when I'm free. Thank you for your hard work. 

Wonwoo sends and locks his screen, ready to finally sleep. He feels his heart hammer in his chest and he doesn't understand why it would in this situation. He was used to the feeling every time before he steps on a stage to perform. But he doesn't understand why he suddenly feels restless. He shakes his head to get the feeling off his chest and counts sheep for him to sleep. 

 

— Y —

You are sort of puzzled at this account that had just dropped you a direct message. Not that you were interested or anything, but the account had no tweets nor followers. Like an empty account run by an artificial intelligence asking you about dessert. You definitely found it weird, and admittingly creepy. What could be found was a single profile picture of a sky, and the peculiar account username - @0177am_. A sky was definitely a generic picture to display when there's something suspicious about an account.

You reprimand yourself after assuming it was some chunky big guy with a foot behind the screen. You shrug off your imaginations and think about the positive. I mean, you never know Soeun. He might just be some really handsome young lad standing at 6-feet who likes cakes, you know, You tell yourself and chuckle at the 0.1% possibility of it actually happening. Perhaps in my own dreams. 

 

 

a.n.
I really tried my best to picture Wonwoo replying to fan tweets and somehow I imagine them being stoic yet warm if that makes sense.