hello

click

— Y —

"No." You bluntly reply your brother over the phone, who had just called you during your break to ask for a favour. A very hard favour — at least to you it was. 

"Oh come on, Soon. It's just once. All you have to do is-" "I'm not going to that event, Yoon-shi. You know better than that," you tell him and roll your eyes, even though you knew he couldn't see you doing it. Your brother had just asked you to be the official photographer for one of Seventeen's upcoming events since their initial photographer had to take an emergency leave. Of course, the first person the team would think of would be you since Jeonghan had already mentioned you to practically the whole team that you're somewhat a photographer. "It's just one Soon, it's not going to kill you." 

"But it's going to expose my identity. Are you dumb or dumber?" You sigh. "I'm going to get hunted down I swear. Normal fans would start wondering why this particular fansite managed by one fan has so many opportunities concerning the group," you state. First, the eye contacts. Second, the happy eye contacts. And now, this? You thought to yourself. Your name would be displayed in Seventeen's official SNS. No way were you going to just casually expose yourself as one, Yoon Jeonghan's sister. And two, that infamous Wonwoo "fansite noona" holding the most eye contact pictures of all of history! You were the perfect definition of dead meat! 

"Don't you want to see Wonwoo face to face? Talk to him?" Jeonghan continues. "Already done that during fansign events," and hopefully Wonwoo has forgotten about you. As much as you adore him and support him, you'd rather stay hidden and far from the limelight.

You hear Jeonghan sigh over the phone. "Okay then. Have fun at work." And with that, he hung up. You look up from your phone and to your best friend, who was already giving you a questioning look. "What?" You ask her. 

"Why don't you want to take the offer? Didn't you mention that you're trying to find another job other than this cafe?" Kang Minkyung, your best friend, also an idol from the same entertainment company as your brother, asks back.

"Take that job and take the risk of getting myself beheaded by the fans? No way." You shiver at the image of the crazy fans tying you up, getting ready to cut you into pieces. 

"I mean, the company has ways of hiding your identity. They don't have to mention that you're a fansite master. Besides, Yoon Soeun and your fansite noona are two different people, right?" Minkyung states as she gives you a comforting smile. She's right, you thought to yourself and whine. "Sometimes I hate you for being encouraging," you mutter under your breath. Your best friend laughs and flicks your forehead and you make a sound, "That's what friends are for!" 

"So what do I do now?" You ask her while rubbing the area on your forehead. "Maybe you can call your brother back and ask him back for the job? The company would probably want to see your previous works too. Besides, it's just a one-day thing. Right, Onlywonday-shi?" 

Your eyes widen as you stared at your best friend, who could only give you a cheeky smile for her lame pun. "You're so freaking lame, Kyung," you comment. She shrugs in response and stands up from her seat ready to leave the cafe, "You pick it up when you're in a company full of lame people."

You chuckle at your best friend's humour, greeting her adieu as she leaves your workplace. You go over to the counter, ready to continue with the rest of your shift after your break. You wait for customers to come, and observe others while doing so. Your eyes lock onto a small boy who is playing with his ice-cream waffle. Aww cute, you thought to yourself. Literally a second later, the boy starts throwing a tantrum, throwing his spoon-filled chocolate ice cream in the air, and making a sticky creamy mess on the floor. Your eyebrows raise. On second thought, not cute. And not a cute job.

 

— W —

Wonwoo looks over at his phone. 1.27p.m. More than all the time he needed before getting back to the dorms. He had been tasked to do the groceries since he lost in a bet the night before with the members, and as consequence needed to shop, and carry all the groceries back, all on his own. The group was given a flexible afternoon as other members had individual schedules for the day, allowing the rest to use that time for themselves. Minghao was out of the country, the Booseoksoon clan had been out filming for variety shows since the morning, Scoups, Jeonghan and Joshua were out shopping, leaving the rest at home finishing up dorm chores. Wonwoo had to buy ingredients for Mingyu to cook for dinner, and that was all that he was planning to do. 

Chicken, check. Kimchi top-up, check. Seasoning, check. Instant Jajangmyeon, check. 

All that was left was a tray of eggs. Wonwoo walks towards the eggs aisle, and proceeds to hunt for the brand they always used. Not a moment later, his phone rings in his pocket. Picking up the tray of eggs and placing it in his basket, he carefully lets go and slides his hands towards his pockets to pick up the call. 

"What's up?" 

"Where are you right now?" 

"I'm walking over to the cashier about to pay for your groceries." 

"Oh good, you're still there," Mingyu answers with a sigh of relief. 

"Yeah, why?" Wonwoo asks again. 

"Do you mind if you could just maybe stop by at Coffee Lab and get me an americano?" 

Wonwoo rolls his eyes, "Sure, if only I had enough hands to carry all the groceries and two cups of coffee in my hands."

"Ah hee hee, thanks hyung!" Mingyu giggles over the phone and hung up. 

If only you could hear me rolling my eyes through the phone, Wonwoo thought to himself, while placing the items on the counter. Another pitstop he had to make. 

-- 

Reaching his destination, Wonwoo gets off the bus at his stop and walks to Mingyu's favourite cafe. Upon reaching the entrance, he takes a minute to scan the small shophouse-style cafe, modernised with a see-through glass concept and a monochromatic colour palette. Neat, he comments to himself. He slides open the door and the shop's doorbell makes a chiming sound.

The idol walks over to the counter, scans the menu, finding the word 'americano' to check for the price, as well as search for something to order for himself. 

"Can I get an americano and a matcha latte?" Wonwoo asks before looking down at the cashier. He stops to observe her. Small, petite, her height barely reaching his shoulders. Brown hair tied in a relaxed bun, oversized button-up hidden behind the cafe apron. Almost the true epitome of a coffee girl. Almost too unreal. 

 

— Y —

"Alrighty one americano and one matcha latte!" You don't look up from your counter screen as you take your customer's order. "Matcha latte iced or hot-?" You almost stop your sentence midway as you look up, seeing the most handsome face you have ever seen. For a split second you fail to recognize him. The next split second you are star-struck. You are brought back to your senses for the remaining fraction of the second. 

"Iced please," Wonwoo answers swiftly and surely, giving you a small smile. For another second you feel like it isn't real. 

"A-alright, anything else?" 

"That's all." 

You write his orders on new cups, and key in his order into the screen. You announce the total amount, trying your best not to crack your voice, and exchange his card and receipts. Not knowing if you were being delusional, you muster up the courage and pick up the permanent marker and his cup. "May I have your name or initials?" 

"Wonwoo please." 

You pretend as if you don't know him, and write his name casually. "Very nice name," you blurt out. Oh , that wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth, you purse your lips attempting to seal them forever. Wonwoo chuckles, "You have a very nice name too." 

Your eye twitches at him in disbelief. Heh? Your face shows. 

"Your nametag," he points out with a wide smile. "Yoon Soeun." 

"O-oh, thanks! I guess." You awkwardly reply. It sounds weird for your name coming out of Wonwoo's mouth, at the same time like the most beautiful thing you have ever heard in your life. You never told him your name during their fansign events, as you go under numerous aliases to keep yourself lowkey. Suddenly remembering that you are actually working, you shake yourself internally and ground yourself. "Please wait at the side for your order!" 

Your heart continues to hammer at your chest as you make his drinks, your hands slightly trembling and hoping not to mess up their orders. Your customer patiently waits at the side scanning the menu over and over again. You assume he doesn't use his phone as his hands are filled with groceries. Just as you finish making the americano, the wind chime sounds and someone walks in. 

You recognize the voice calling your name and look behind to see your manager approaching the counter. 

"How's business?" Your manager asks while you start on the second drink. 

"Not too bad," you murmur back as you attempt to make the perfect matcha latte. 

Your manager quickly scans the cafe and notices that all eyes are on Wonwoo waiting at the side. 

"Who's that?" He whispers to you. 

You give him a look of disbelief, not recognizing the idol. Then again he was a man in his mid-30s with a wife and a son who doesn't bother to invest his time in the local kpop scene.

"Oh you know, just a very popular idol. And I'm making his drink right now so I really hope it tastes good and I don't it up," you reply in slight annoyance as you try your best to nicely pour the matcha mix onto the milk. 

"I hope you don't too," your manager adds and chuckles, as he leaves the scene, occupying himself at the kitchen. You pack your customer's drinks in a paper bag and drop in two straws. You look over your shoulder and see Wonwoo busy watching the TV near the exit. A crazy idea pops into your mind and you quickly grab your marker. You remove his drink from the paper bag and scribble a short note before putting it back in, your heart pumping in your chest again. You didn't know if you were going to regret it later- you probably will, but you did it anyway. 

"One matcha latte and one iced americano for Wonwoo-ssi," you announce in a rather small voice hoping to not grab attention from your other customers, as you hand him the paper bag with a nervous smile. 

He smiles back in delight, thanks you, and leaves. 

And that was it. 

You sigh to stop your hammering heart. That was definitely not your first time seeing him in person, yet you still couldn't get used to seeing him. Then again, today was the first time you actually met him coincidentally, and he acknowledged your name. It was scary, but definitely an experience. Oh well, that's the first and last of it. The thought makes you sad briefly, until you suddenly remember that you literally just said yes to your brother's request of being their photographer. Eh.. maybe not the last. 

 

— W —

Wonwoo hums as he walks back to his dorm. "I'm home," he announces, kicking his shoes off at the entrance. 

Footsteps are heard and Mingyu rushes to greet him with a smile, "Welcome home!" He helps Wonwoo by grabbing the bags from his hands. 

Wonwoo walks to their dining table and places their coffee on it. He carefully removes the two drinks from the paper bag. "One iced americano for Mingyu-ssi," he copies the way you announced it earlier. He lifts his own drink and before he could take a sip, notices the short message on the cup holder. 

Our matcha lattes are the best. Feel free to come back for more if you need an energizer after a busy day! 

The boy smiles in amusement. He doesn't know if it's because the girl he saw was cute, or if the message she had written didn't specifically mention him as an idol - and he appreciated that. To him, he was just someone who liked music. 

Cute. 

 

 

 

a.n. please don't be a silent reader and let me know how you're coping with this coronavirus situation! :p