again

click

— Y —

It's mid-afternoon and you are on your way to Pledis' building. Two weeks had passed since Jeonghan offered you the stand-in job, which meant it had been two weeks since you last saw Wonwoo. You fidget with your hands to ease your nervousness, preparing yourself for an exclusive interview for the stand-in photographer position. Although you were Jeonghan's sister, you had no easy way out. You mentally recite some pointers you thought could be useful for the interview and clench onto your physical portfolio. Your phone rings and Jeonghan's name pops up on your screen. You swipe up to answer. 

"I'm on the way." 

"I know. Once you reach the entrance just drop me a message. The boys and I are at the recording studio, sorry I won't be able to pick you up." 

"It's cool, I'm an independent woman anyway," You boast, hiding your nervousness. You hear Jeonghan chuckle in response over the phone. "There's a receptionist anyway. Let her know you're here for an interview." 

"I know I know," you almost click your tongue at him. 

Jeonghan gives you some pieces of advice before hanging up the phone. You clasp your hands together, praying for the interview gods to calm your nerves and give you the grace of acing it. I mean, how hard can an interview be? It's not like it's my first ever interview in life... for an entertainment company? You nervously think to yourself. Maybe reciting my lines will help. 

My name is Yoon Soeun, currently pursuing Communications at Seoul National University. My aims in life is to become a professional photographer exclusively for idols-

You sigh to yourself and think about how the 'real world' is not cut out for you, and realise your mind capacity is still that of a high school student. Well, not technically. You just didn't want to face it head-on. But now that your lovely brother has given you a precious opportunity, it was definitely time to woman up, and not just for Seventeen, but for how good it will look on your portfolio for future opportunities. You slap yourself awake. I can do this. 

 

You reach the front of the building with no problem, and there you see a few fans loitering near the entrance. This was nothing new to you though, since you were part of this fansite scene anyway. You knew some notorious fanbases often do this to maximise opportunities as if they haven't seen their korean oppas in forever. You drop Jeonghan a message, notifying him of your coordinates. It takes him less than a minute to send back a reply. 

If you want a fast pass just mention my name :P 

You raise an eyebrow at the text and internally judge your brother. He knows I'm not gonna do that. You lock your phone screen and muster all your courage as you stride into the entertainment building. 

The doors slide open and you are immediately greeted with the reception. A lady wearing a monochromatic smart casual outfit is sitting at the reception, her eyes fixated on the laptop screen in front of her. You meekly approach her. "Hi, I'm here for a job interview?" 

The lady's eyes drift from the screen to your face. She ponders for a moment and looks at you in a daze. "What job interview?" 

For a moment you are rendered speechless and unsure of what to answer. The email you received from the editorial team had told you the same instructions Jeonghan did. "As a photographer in the editorial department," you say. 

The lady tells you to take a seat while she checks with the department head, and you see her confused face as she picks up the phone. You try not to doubt her and give yourself excuses on why your interview was not mentioned to her. You take a seat at the nearest sofa and observe the place. Posters of Seventeen and Nuest are framed on the walls, together with displays of purchasable merchandise. You wonder to yourself about how big the team is for Seventeen and whether you will fit perfectly into it. Even though it was a stand-in role for a single fan signing event, you couldn't help but think about working as a full-timer in this company in the editorial team, or even just as part of the marketing department. You immediately dismiss the thought, as that requires a lot of talent that you probably didn't have. 

"The editorial head will be coming down shortly," the receptionist notifies you and you nod in acknowledgement. 

A few moments later, a lady in smart-casual wear appears out of the lift approaches you. She looks no more than the age of 40, sporting a short bob and a warm smile on her face. Even though she looked warm, eyes could definitely send you going home. 

"You must be Ms Yoon," she says as she reaches out her hand. You stand up and shake back your hand, "Yes, nice to meet you, Miss..." 

"Ms Jung. Jeonghan has told me a word or two about you," she beams and you give her a small smile. She brings you up to the main office while maintaining small talk, mentioning to not mind the new receptionist as it has only been two weeks since she started working. You reach the level of the editorial office and she brings you into a meeting room. She tells you to take a seat while she closes the door behind her. 

"All right, let's start." 

 

— W —

"Can you try that line again?" Woozi asks Wonwoo behind the glass. "Make it more mellow, like you're longing for a girlfriend that you can never reach." Wonwoo ponders at Woozi's description and tilts his head, trying to figure out the right tone to deliver. "Let's try that again." 

Jeonghan, sitting at the right side of Woozi, shoots Woozi a look. "How would he know what that would feel like if he's never ever had a girlfriend?" "There's such thing as imagine, Jeonghan," Woozi mumbles, paying him no mind. "Wonwoo, just make it more... sad." Wonwoo nods his head in reply and attempted rapping his lines again. 

"Okay good. You're done." Woozi assures after numerous takes. "Jeonghan, you're up." 

Wonwoo places his headphones down and leaves the recording room, joining Hoshi at the sofa. "That would probably one of the hardest feelings I had to portray," He comments. Hoshi gives him a questioning look. "Haven't we recorded sad songs before?" 

Wonwoo crosses his arms, frustrated and confused. "Yeah, but Woozi said that there's a difference between feeling and saying the lyrics. I'm pretty sure I'm understanding what the lyrics are trying to portray by thinking about the fans." 

"Hmm.." Hoshi presses his lips together. "Did you try imagining speaking the lyrics as a hearbroken emo boy?" 

"Yes-" Wonwoo stops mid-sentence and sends the boy a glare, who snickers in response. "I'm not emo you ." 

"But I mean, Woozi said it was good so it means you managed to do it," Hoshi replies with a shrug. 

Wonwoo nods to the former. But somehow, he knew. He knew he didn't exactly do his best in the recording studio. He just couldn't put his finger on it, something just felt off during that recording session. Sure, thinking about the fans was one way to put it, but in all honestly, he knew he felt awkward using that as a way of portraying his true feelings. It was more of gratitude he felt towards the carats, not longing or love. Well, it is just one recording out of a hundred, he thought, attempting to reassure his uneasiness. 

Wonwoo unlocks his phone screen and taps on Weverse, reading through a few fan comments to pass time. His thoughts slowly drift back to his fake fan account, thinking about when was the last time the fan account had posted pictures of him. Wonwoo logs out of his Weverse and into his hidden Twitter account. He taps on his favourite fan account and scrolls through the feed. Wait. What's with all these comments? 

Wonwoo furrows his eyebrows as he comes across hundreds of rude comments on her feed. They weren't here before. He starts scrolling to find the main thread of comments, leading up to the picture that he liked a few weeks ago with his fake account - or what he thought was his fake account. His eyes slightly widen in realisation. He remembers that he accidentally used the main Seventeen account to like the photo. Oh crap. Tons of replies centred around finding out who was the fan account owner and why she had such a privilege. Flustered and reminded by his actions, Wonwoo unlikes the photo, in case his manager finds out. He would be in big trouble with the company if they did. He starts thinking of all the possibilities of how the fan account owner would take this. How could I forget this!? 

Wonwoo scrolls through the account's media feed and wonders if the fan account owner had replied any of the malicious comments. In the process, he finds a picture of a screenshot, of which showed the official Seventeen account following this fanbase account. Oh my god. For a moment the boy saw his life flash before his eyes. He might just get fired for doing something so dumb. Should I just unfollow? Will anyone notice or.. 

"Hey," Jeonghan interrupts his thoughts, plopping down to his side as he finished his recording. "You good?" 

Wonwoo nods emotionlessly, his thoughts still on the possibilities of his career ending. "You wanna get anything from 7-eleven? I'm out to buy juice," Jeonghan says. Maybe Jeonghan would know what to do, Wonwoo thinks to himself. Never in his life had he felt so dumb for making such a mistake before. Wonwoo agrees, "I'll go with you." 

The two leave the building, walking to the nearest 7-eleven just across the street. "Still feeling beat about that recording?" Jeonghan asks as they entered the convenience store. "More like beat for doing something stupid," Wonwoo mutters under his breath, still full of regret.

"Oh?" Jeonghan's ears perk up. "What did you do this time?" 

Wonwoo grabs a grape juice from the fridge, thinking of weighing the consequences of his actions. "Hyung, do you know who manages our official Seventeen account?" Wonwoo asks, trying to ease himself to the main issue. 

"That would be the publicity and marketing team," Jeonghan replies while examining the shelf of drinks in front of him. "But they only post official announcements, most of the interactions are on us." 

Interactions, you say... Wonwoo thought to himself. "So what if I do something stupid on the twitter account?" The troubled boy asks. 

"Like?"

"Accidentally following a fan account," Wonwoo confesses. 

Jeonghan turns his head to face his group member in confusion. "You did what?" 

"No- I- it was an accident," Wonwoo stutters in response. Oh man, I'm gonna get it. 

Jeonghan's expression changes from confusion to amusement and laughs in response. "So which account did you follow? Your favourite one?" He asks mockingly. 

"H-hey that's not important! I just don't want to get fired," Wonwoo laments. He definitely did not want to end his idol life just by doing something so plain stupid. 

Jeonghan patted his shoulder, "Don't worry. The big boss won't end your career. This ain't the first time someone has done something like that either. Just unfollow the account and all your worries will be gone. Just be careful next time." Jeonghan assures and grabs the grape juice from his group member's hand to pay. "This is on me by the way," he says as he waves it in his hand, proceeding to the cashier.

Wonwoo draws his phone out from his back pocket and goes onto Seventeen's official Twitter account's 'following' list. He scrolls to find the particular fan account - his favourite fan account, and shows Jeonghan his screen. "You mean I just click this button and the marketing team won't kill me?"

"Precisely that-" Jeonghan stops mid-sentence, realising how it seemed as if fate really decided to piece everything together. Of course, he had to follow this fan account. Yoon Soeun you lucky little . Jeonghan thinks as he imagines himself smirking in his head. What a day to be at work! 

 "Oh and might I add-" Jeonghan says as they walked out of the convenience store. "Just to clear things up nicely and cleanly, you should apologize to whoever owns this account. Who knows the owner might just take his or her life away," he says nonchalantly, almost sarcastically. 

Wonwoo looks up from his phone after unfollowing the account. 

"How am I supposed to do that if I can't talk to the person.." Wonwoo asks, his tone drifting off. A thought suddenly sparks in him. He remembered his wild theory of Jeonghan's sister being his fan account owner. Although it would be a wild guess and little too farfetched as it just showed how nice the world would be. The boy shakes his head, but more to himself than a response to his group member. Nah. Definitely not. But then again, that phone call a few weeks ago... maybe she was just asking in a general sense. Nope. Definitely not. The world isn't nice to me. Definitely not happening. 

Jeonghan glances at the boy by his side and sighs as they enter back into the company building. I should just tell him. "You know what I'll just tell you. That account belongs to my sister. And-" Jeonghan blurts, sending Wonwoo into a blur. "Wait, huh?" The latter responds, almost immediately.

The ground floor lift makes a bell sound and a petite figure exits the lift. 

Talk about great timing, Jeonghan internally rolls his eyes at how smoothly this whole situation is going. 

"-And that's her." 

Wonwoo barely grasps what Jeonghan had just confessed and looks at where he is pointing, to be greeted by a formally dressed you. 

Jeonghan rolls his eyes for real this time and sighs to himself. What a webtoon series this is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a.n. hope yall liked it! please lmk anythin! hehe xd