Goodbye

If I Die Young
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Life was hard' was the only phase used to describe Seungcheol's current status. He took Jeonghan's death hard on life. He shut himself from the outside world for a little over 2 months. No one knew where he was and what he was doing. But every week there would be an envelope on the door step of Jeonghan's mom's house. It would have some money along with a letter written by Seungcheol enquiring her. 

It was only after 3 months he showed up at the his best friend, Jihoon's place looking vulnerable. No one wouldn't ever imagined seeing a bright puppy like him turn into a soulless human. The dark circles around his eyes were evident enough for Jihoon to know he cried every single day. Jihoon felt remorse for not looking for him hard enough and not making an effort in finding him. He just let him be and he thought he'd eventually come back. And he did. But like a dead person. He looked like he hadn't smiled in months.

Jihoon sighed and beckoned him to come inside. He dragged his soulless body and threw himself onto the couch. He wanted for Seungcheol to speak up but it seemed vain for the past 10 minutes.

"You know it's already been three months" Jihoon broke the silence and in turn all Seungcheol did was fiddle with his fingers and stare down. After a minute or so Jihoon decided to speak again

"You need to come out of your den, Seungcheol. You need to move on. Jeonghan's my friend too and so are you. It hurts to see you like this, making a mess out of your life" 

"I know. That's why I was thinking if you could help me" His words earned a confused look from Jihoon. He was more than happy to help his friend get over his dreadful loss but he did not exactly know how he was needed.

"Could you help me set up a new company? I think I've worked long enough in your compa-"

"My father's company" Jihoon hated calling it his. Whatever belonged to his father is not his and will never be. "And how could I help you with that?"

"I don't know" He mumbled under his breath. Silence again for another 2 minutes with his head hanging down. This time Jihoon didn't speak. He waited for Seungcheol to. And what he got in response was heartbreaking.

"I don't know Jihoon. I just don't know" His voice cracked. With his tear filled eyes, he looked up. "You are everything I've got now. After he left, I just don't know what to do. I want to do something-anything to make him proud. But I don't know where to start" All Jihoon could do was watch him in pity as he put an arm around him, trying to solace him but he knew that was impossible. So he just like him cry his heart out. He wanted this to be the last time he'd cry. 

"It's okay. I'm here" He whisphered in his ears as the latter clung onto him like a baby. He missed him so damn much and Jihoon could sense that. In fact, the times when Jeonghan used to spend with them were replaying in his mind. He let out a few tears while thinking of the happy smiling Jeonghan. How they used to skip classes, how they used to turn the restaurants they'd visit into a mess. That smile plastered on his face when ever he saw Seungcheol. One thing he knew for sure is that it would be hard without Jeonghan but they will try to cross it together. He will stay with Seungcheol no matter what the world has to offer. 

 

Seungcheol was a changed person. Time changes people. And it took a three sixty degree turn in his life. 3 years after he became a successful CEO of an entertainment company which has just debuted it's new boy group. He had far ends to travel and he knew that. This group is the starting of his never ending dream career. But it was accompanied by days and months of depression and psychological treatments.

But Jihoon, Jisoo, Soongyoung, Mingyu and Wonwoo never left his side. Not even for a second and he has turned into this cold person who'd shut himself to the outside world. He does hangout with his friends and that's where his true self shows but to the world outside including his company, he's just a cold, stern CEO who works his off to succeed.

"Is our CEO always like this?" Asked Dino, the new trainee the company has scouted. 

"Well, not until a few years ago. Atleast that's what people say around here" Jun- the visual chinese member of the newly debuted boy group claimed. They were currently together in their practice room where the new boy group members - Jun, The8, Doyoon, Minhyuk and Kihyun were sharing their debut experience. They were giving advices to the trainees of do's and don't.

"Yeah, hyung. As far as I've seen, he's always concerned about work, work, work and nothing else. Does he even have a family or anyone he loves? You've been here the longest. You should know" Seungkwan, another vocal trainee spoke. Just as Jun was about to shrug, a deep voice echoed through the practice room.

"That would be none of his business, Seungkwan-ah" Jihoon casually leaned against the door, his black hair framing his face perfectly along with his milky white skin that everyone would be convinced that he was also a celebrity. But he was just the producer and Vice - president of their company.

"J-Jihoon hyung" Seungkwan stuttered. Jihoon would be normal outside the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter