secretly asking

Mingyu Tries To Get A Date

 

Hoshi a bit startled as he heard Mingyu's voice from his back. "O-oh, yah, Mingyu! Mann, what are you doing here?" He asked while hiding the banners in his hand. He hopes that Mingyu doesn't realised it. So, he asked him why is he still here instead of going to the main hall.

"The school has ended so you need to go now," Hoshi told him and Mingyu shook his head. "I'm hella nervous. Won't you accompany or what?"

"ACCOMPANY? Are you kids or what? Go do it yourself! Wonwoo is waiting for you around the main hall so just go now!" He told Mingyu while pushing him away. Hoshi also told him that Wonwoo will tell him all of their plans so he needs to be faster. When Mingyu is lost from Hoshi's sight, he heaved a relieved sigh.  

While Mingyu searching for Wonwoo, he keeps on thinking that 'what if' all the plans didn't work out? What if everything is just a waste? They should have told him earlier than they should. Mingyu needs to be prepare for all this occasion. He wipes his sweat on his forehead nervously as he see Wonwoo at the right side. 

"Kim Mingyu! Quick!" He shouts and his voice was echoed through the pathways. Mingyu ran slightly towards his friend. He needs to be quick. Wonwoo is right. Time is not waiting and Yeoreum could be here anytime. Wonwoo passed out all the plans.

1. Yeoreum will be here with Woozi aka you accidentally here because of Woozi.  Say hi.

Wonwoo pushed Mingyu to walk inside the basketball court while saying "Yah! Walk naturally! Walk naturally!" and hide somewhere behind the door. At first, Mingyu kinda shocked with Wonwoo sudden action but then, he's adapted with the situation. He didn't see Yeoreum and Woozi yet so he keeps on rehearse what he needs to talk.  Wonwoo has gave out the plan so all he needs to do now is make it work. 

His friends have work so hard for this. So he needs to pay back well. 

He stands around the centre of the court while closing his eyes; rehearsing the dialogues he needs to say. Then, he heard Woozi's adorable voice calling him from his back. 

"Mingyu-ah!" Woozi called him and Mingyu open his eyes and immediately look at his back. 

All he see is Yeoreum. She's finally here. After a minute lost in the beauty of Yeoreum, he snaped out because of something hits lightly behind his back, and greets Woozi. Woozi rolled his eyes after realised how long Mingyu wants to greet him back. 

"Oh, yes. Woozi, hi," There you go. Mingyu's awkward greeting for someone who he is not so close. Then, he bows his head towards Yeoreum; avoiding eye-contact with her. She smiles widely as she saw Mingyu right in front of her eyes. She greets him though. 

Mingyu almost choked out when she did that. 
"Hi, Kim Mingyu! Nice too meet you," she greeted him while waving her left hand and her smile still stick on her face. Mingyu can't face her yet but when he wants to make an eye-contact with Yeoreum, he saw Seungcheol far behind those two peoples. Standing under the dark while wavering something towards Mingyu. 

What is he doing there? He wonders and then, he saw that Seungcheol brings out some A3 size cards; written 'GREET HER BACK. SHE'S WAITING AND SMILE, DUDE

He did like what Seungcheol has wrote. 

"Oh, hi Yeoreum! Nice too meet you too," he greeted her back but his eyes still wander to other places. He is so shy to have an eye-contact with Yeoreum directly. Then, Woozi hits his shoulder and MIngyu snaped out again. 

"So, I need your help for something." Woozi told him, while Mingyu is still buffering What is Woozi talking about? But he knows this is all in plan so he just let it go like that. 

"About what?"

"Yeoreum needs help with her-"

"WAIT. Woozi! I thought you're gonna help me?" Yeoreum interupt and it makes both of the guys startled. While Wonwoo and Seungcheol who are waiting behind the scene also startled and they just hope the heroin of the day won't ruined their plan. Hope so. Seungcheol starts to write something and show it to Mingyu, who is lost here.

 

'SAY THAT YOU R GOOD WITH MUSIC'S THEORY. SHE'S BAD AT IT. BRAG THAT YOU HAVE STUDY VIOLIN FOR A LONG TIME'

 

Mingyu has 'blue-tick' on what Seungcheol wrote but the thing is, how is he supposed to interupt Woozi and Yeoreum's conversation. Woozi also panicked since they're not expected this one; its not in plan. That is super obvious. Finally, they keep quiet since Yeoreum is kinda frustrated with Woozi. 

Mingyu makes his way insidethe conversation proudly. 
"Yeoreum-sshi, do you- No, I mean, what is it ? You n-need help with?" 
His grammar, pronounciation, even accent are so out of control. 

Yeoreum breath in a new air while saying that its about her piano presentation for her examination. Mingyu actually adores her way of playing piano. He heard she played it last year's winter. Everyone already went back home and only Yeoreum was there. He is so lucky to hear her playing piano all by himself. 

Mingyu nods her head while she continue saying that the music theory is so hard and since Woozi is good with that, she needs help from him. Though he felt a bit jealous, he still managed to brag off his quite good with music theory. Woozi also supported him with some exagerrated words. 

"Oh. But I think I could help you since I have passed all the music theory back then when I'm studied violin."

"OH yes, Yeoreum! He is super good with violin! We passed the exam together! He got a REALLY REALLY good results from his music theory. He could know all the major and minor in one flash of sound."

Man, you're exagerrating
Mingyu can't helped but chuckled. How ridiculous could Woozi be? He needs to buy him something since he helps him a lot today. Then, Yeoreum chuckled together with Mingyu.

Mingyu realised it and he felt so shy that couldn't even take a glance at her. 
You know, since just now, Mingyu don't even make any eye-contact with her eventhough the conversations were all good. 

"I don't know about that. Wow, you're amazing, Mingyu!" 

Mingyu really wanna cried of happiness right now. He felt so damn happy to hear that. HIS CRUSH JUST SAY HE'S AMAZING. HOw is he supposed to breath now? But he needs to stay cool. 

But Wonwoo and Seungcheol keeps on sighing behind the scene since Mingyu is so obvious about liking her. His face was red all the time. 

 

"Come, Wonwoo. Next scene."

2. Yeoreum and you will be together in music class. Compliment her and starts to talk about date.

Woozi has left both of them together. If this was broadcasted inside any TV station, you could see how stiff is Mingyu right now. Yeoreum keeps on talking to him right after Woozi left. Wonwoo is so relieved to see that the heroin is so talkative. Maybe, that's why everyone adores her. Most of the teachers loved the way she acts. 

She is so adorable. Wonwoo smiles as he thought, if both of them really end up together, I'll makesure they will marry to each other. 

Seungcheol and Wonwoo followed both of these 'will-be' couple naturally behind them since Yeoreum don't know that these two is Mingyu's friends. She keeps on telling him about how hard she study for her music but it so hard for her to remember. Seungcheol knew he needs to help Mingyu to say something but how is he supposed to do it now? Their position is so far away. 

But he also knew that he could rely on Mingyu. 
Except for the stiff moment. 

"So, how do you remember the notes for minors and majors through all the grades?" Yeoreum asked while eyeing Mingyu. Mingyu ruffles his own head while smiling like an idiot. 

"Ah, about that? I keep on practices till the day before the examination. Eventhough I thought its fine, I won't stop practice."

"So, practices is all I need to do?"

"Erm," he paused and he looks comfortable now (Wonwoo told Seungcheol) since its a topic he could handle. Then, Seungcheol say that "If its about asking her out, he really stiff and awkward." 

".. Well, you need to focus and keeps on being passionate about it. IF you lose hope, its a bit hard."

"RIGHTT! I thought the same thing too. But I just take piano lessons since my mom wants it. It have been six years and I always afraid of the music examination. How 'bout you? You love them?"

Finally, Mingyu can make an eye-contact with her since he can talk to her like this. "Not so but its growing inside me after two years playing it. But don't worry, you will be okay." And they keep on talking about music stuffs until they arrived the music class. 

Nobody inside here. That's what Mingyu's thought since he saw Seungcheol and Wonwoo also went to the other way. And because of no one is in there, he's afraid now. What is he supposed to do now?

Yeoreum keep on walking towards the piano and brings out her theory book while Mingyu is kinda confused; should he sit or stand? Yeoreum was actually good with stranger. They don't really know each other but the way Yeoreum acts as she is closed with him. 

Just at the moment, he saw Dokyeom hiding behind the teacher's desk at the front of the class. Dokyeom waves his hand since earlier to get Mingyu's attention and finally, he could see him hiding. Since the piano is facing the other side, Mingyu could take chances to talk with Dokyeom easily. 

Mingyu mouthing him 'What should I do now?' and Dokyeom just say that he needs to sit down next to her. Even though Mingyu is so lost, he still could talk with Yeoreum though he is so nervous about sitting together with Yeoreum. 

"Erm, Ye-Yeoreum-sshi," he calls her timidly and Yeoreum answered him with a 'hm?', ".. isn't theory? Why do you want to play it?" 

Yeoreum rolled her eyes due to shockness and she chuckled. "Well, I need some help with some minors in one of the exam's song soo.." she said and lowered her head with a really embrassed face. Mingyu smiles as he look at her. She is so damN CUTE. How could he not stare at her for so long? Then, he felt that he being hit by some small stuffs. 

Probably, Dokyeom.

He snapped out from staring at Yeoreum and turns his attention towards Dokyeom carefully. Dokyeom has wrote something. 'HELP HER AND TELL HER ABOUT THE HOT-AIR BALLOON. YOUR UNCLE'S REQUEST. REMEMBER?'

Okay, Mingyu breathe in a new air but suddenly, Yeoreum played the piano diligently and Mingyu don't know when he should speak up. Yeoreum is even focus with closing her eyes which makes Mingyu almost sighed due to 'when should I ask'. He looks at Dokyeom again. 

Dokyeom lost his patient since his tall geek friend just don't open his mouth. 

 

'JUST ASK, WONT YOU'

 

Mingyu lowered his head and takes a few minutes, just to prepare his question. When Yeoreum stops playing the piano, without any waiting, he asked Yeoreum what he needs to ask since earlier. Dokyeom turns on his phone to record the whole thing but he almost hit the table hardly but all that matter now, is how Mingyu will ask Yeoreum out. 

"YEOreum-sshi!"He screamed out her name as he looks outside the window. How is he supposed to look at her now? So he just look outside the window awkwardly while Yeoreum startled with the way he called her. Yeoreum smile nervously. "Yes? Don't shout, I'm just next to you." 

This is even harder when she said that. It makes Mingyu melted. NExt to you? How can she say that nonchalantly? Mingyu closes his eyes again and Yeoreum can't help but wonder is he sick or what. He just sweating so much since they're inside the music class. Oh wait, Mingyu is not that type of guy, right? Yeoreum's thought as she starts to make some distance from Mingyu.

Mingyu, at the other side, couldn't find any right words to ask. He wants to look at Dokyeom but that guy can't even show his face now 'cause Yeoreum is facing on his hide place. Then, Mingyu realises Yeoreum keeps on making a distance from him. He rolled his eyes just to figure out what s happening. 

"OH YEOREUM! NO NO NO! I won't do such thing, Oh my god. No, I'm not. Don't worry," he said as he keeps on doing a 'No' hand gestures. Yeoreum nods her head slowly as she lowered her head. "Then, what i-is it?" she asked, as she grabbed her bottle from her bag since she is thirsty since just now. Mingyu is making her nervous, somehow. Her heartbeat even beating harder than usual. 

Mingyu, finally have the courage to ask her. 
 

 

"Would you like to go to a hot-air balloon festival with me?" He closes his eyes, praying that its a right question.Yeoreum almost spilled out her water. KIM MINGYU, one of the hottest kid that is so cold and emo asking her out to a hot-air balloon festival? She looks at Mingyu directly in eyes.

 

"W-what? Wh-why me?" Yeoreum rolled her eyes and cover her face with her long hair.

 

Should I spill out that I like her? Mingyu don't know what should he say but he thinks about his friends' effort for this so

 

"I've always like you, Yeoreum." he (finally) confessed with his fingers can't keep on stay still which makes it really obvious he likes her.  "I saw how you were so happy when you get a gold for your Archery competition, how you were actually good in playing piano, how you were so friendly with everyone and I just likes everything you did."

 

Its Yeoreum turns on 'what should I say ?' Mingyu just confessed to her but how is she supposed to act? She have received a few love confessions but Mingyu is too adorable to reject. She have to admit that Mingyu is a good-looking person with such achievements but 

what will she answer?

Dokyeom at the other side, keep roger to Hoshi to celebrate the whole thing right when Yeoreum asnwer 'Yes' or some positive answers. But Yeoreum's answer is.

"I don't think we should date, Mingyu. Sorry."

 

"Cancel everything, Hoshi." 
Dokyeom 'roger' over Hoshi, who is waiting outide of the class.

Mingyu is kinda expected that answer from Yeoreum because she knows Yeoreum don't really like being in relationship. She was in a relationship before but its kida ruined so she don't want its to happen twice. Mingyu laughed nervously as he try to make an eye-contact with Yeoreum. 

 

Yeoreum did feel bad.
Mingyu is kinda down. 
Dokyeom lose hopes. 

 

"Erm, yea. I just confessed to you erm, since I don't want my depression raised up though. Its okay. Let's continue with the piano-"

 

"Mingyu, I would like to go for the hot-air balloon. Why not, right?"

 

Okay, that is unexpected
Mingyu couldn't help but smiles as widely as he can. 

 

The whole team was so happy that Hoshi burst inside the room with such noises, and banners . Yea, Hoshi was preparing some couple is sailing banner to support his friend and the boys were so excited for Mingyu. Well, their main purpose was to make Yeoreum go out for the hot-air balloon festival with Mingyu and Yeoreum accepted that. 

At the end, Seungcheol told her everything about the plan and she just laughed since she's thought its cute. Mingyu keeps on blushing as he manages to steal glances of Yeoreum. Mingyu don't really know that he LOVES his friend this much. 

 

Mingyu just so happy that everything was worked out.
At least, Yeoreum accepts his offer.
Thanks to his beloved friends.