Before The Full Moon Rises

Rewind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on Jackson. Old friend, you're the only one who I can ask to help me. Who knows maybe I can also help you out regarding a certain nurse at our hospital."
At every possible break, Mark would go look for his best friend. He was the easiest way to get information about Jinyoung. Information as to what shifts he would have in the next few days, or when he would have a few days off again.

The look that Jackson threw at him while he spoke to him said more than any words.
"If you were not my best friend, I'd throw you out, now. Not only out of my office but also out of this hospital. You can't blackmail me with information for information!" Mark just smiled at him. Yes, he could do it just because he was his best friend and knew what buttons he had to push to get what he wanted.
"Well if you want to I also can have a slip of tongue and some of our well kept secrets will get to be known by everyone in this hospital." He couldn't make it any more obvious to his best friend that he had almost nothing to lose, in contrast to him. A sigh escaped Jackson
"Well, well. His shift will end in about half an hour and then tomorrow he will start again in the evening." Mark grinned at Jackson broadly.
"I owe you, Jacks." Yes, he said it so and also meant it. Mark had already heard some nurses talk about his friend keep on asking one certain nurse out but always turned him down. It seemed like the women all knew why, but did not want to tell him what the reason was as to why she didn't wanted to go out with Jackson. As much as he had heard within this few hours she wasn't married nor dating anyone. But this might not be the place to talk about this story.
"I'll take you up on that Mark!" Jackson shouted after him as he left the room through the door.

So he had 30 minutes, he should make everything ready for the next day to pass the time. 30 Minutes to finish up everything so that his conscience get back at him in the middle of night. Half an hour before Jinyoung would take off his coat and probably return to his home to get some sleep as well, he was probably exhausted after the shift he just had after him.
"Dr. Tuan! Sir could it be that you're looking for Dr. Park?" Spoke a voice from his left side as he had stepped out of the small office. Thanks to the white doctors coat Mark could see that this was one of the newest assistants but what was his name again? He had been introduced with a few assistants when he arrived in the emergency room and Mark was sure the young man in front of him had been one of them.
Kumpu?...Kumpy?.... Kumpuuk?
At least he knew that this boy wasn't Korean not only because of his name but also of how he spoke, it was almost not noticeable but there was a slight accent in the way he spoke. Something that gave away to another foreigner like Mark was himself. Anyways the boy obviously was not Korean and after only one day in a hospital that each year took in several new employees, no one would feel offended if he didn't know their names at first. The only thing Mark was sure about the boy was that he had to be the same age as Kim Yugyeom that one assistant that fell for the joke Jaehyung pulled off earlier. Because he has seen them both eating lunch together and heard a short bit of their conversation where neither of them was using any honorifics on the other. So they obviously either were really close and it didn't matter to them or they were the same age.

"How come?" Mark was just a little puzzled. Just how did this doctor know that he was looking for Jinyoung in the first place?
"It's no secret in the hospital that you are back because of Dr. Park and that the two of you have some kind of history. Dr. Wang and a couple of Soju will make him a total chatterbox."
Jackson had what? He looked furiously in the direction of the office of his friend.
"Dr. Park is now in room number 216, with one of his patients. He won't be out the next 40 Minutes for sure till that patient sleeps deeply. That's what he does every evening." With these words the young doctor, stepped away and hurried down the hall.
"Is there even one normal person in this hospital...." Mark murmured to himself as he headed to the main entrance. He hoped that he could see and be able to talk to Jinyoung. The chances were high that he would take one of the side exits but Mark had the feeling that the younger would not do this. If he did, he would notice it after an hour or so.

After more than 30 minutes, the pediatrician appeared in the entrance hall.
"DR. PARK!", screamed a voice just too familiar to him through the whole hall. Making Jinyoung flinch and then turn in the direction from which the voice came from. Choi Youngjae was only a few steps behind Jinyoung well he had run after him and when he almost reached the older one, he just screamed his name out loud.
"Oh my God! Don't scream like that from right behind me. Do you want me to go deaf? And since when am I Dr. Park to you Youngjae-ah?" After that Mark was only able to hear scraps of the conversation because after that short outburst of those two they both returned to a "normal" talking volume. Youngjae's gaze wandered through the hall briefly while he talked and remained hanging for a fraction of a second on Mark. The expression on Youngjae's face didn't show any anger nor hate towards Mark who obviously was staring at the two.
"Youngjae-ah!", A different voice screamed once again through the main entrance hall. Jaebum came running and came to a halt next to his two friends.
"Yah!", Once again the sounds of the hospital and the people around Mark swallowed the doctor's words. Mark, however, could see that now mainly Youngjae and Jinyoung talked together and well Jaebum rolled his eyes in obvious annoyance. No need to guess twice they were probably talking about him. What surprised Mark this time was that Youngjae once again glanced over to him and briefly shot him a smile. This action was not unnoticed by Jaebum which had the total opposite reaction than his boyfriend. Jinyoung on the other hand didn't notice any of this because he had his heels and left the hospital in a quick pace. Firstly, yes Mark had understood the message Jaebum would be hard to get onto his side at the moment but it really looked as if Youngjae wanted to help him out. Once Mark had realized that Jinyoung was now really leaving the hospital he quickly put on his jacket and followed the younger doctor.

After almost 20 minutes walking Mark couldn't believe his eyes were Jinyoung was heading to. He had thought he would just catch up with him right after exiting the hospital but because of his quick pace he wasn't able to come to a halt next to Jinyoung for a few while. Also while walking behind him he could hear Jinyoung talking loudly to himself. More like snapping at everything that he saw like the valentine’s day decoration that were put up just that day. So he decided to wait a few minutes till Jinyoung had cooled down a bit which took longer than expected and lead him to a small street-food-stand.
"Maybe today is not the perfect time or just day to explain everything to him.... Tomorrow is still another day." Mark murmured to himself but continued to follow Jinyoung. He just wanted to make sure that Jinyoung would arrive safely at home he could tell from his posture how exhausted he was after his latest shift. Jinyoung wasn't walking as upright as he had been while walking around the hospital, now his shoulders were dropped down and he also looked more down to the ground than upfront. But like said earlier after 20 minutes Jinyoung made halt at a street-food-stand sat at a small red table and ordered loudly a bottle of soju. This was unexpected. When Mark got to know Jinyoung the younger had always said how much he hated those people who had come into the emergency room just because of a stomach ache they had gotten because they were drunk the previous night. So now the question was, did Jinyoung drink regularly to forget all the stress or problems he had to bear because of his work? After all Mark knew too well how much working as a doctor or even a nurse can interfere with one's self health. They mostly didn't sleep enough or had to run longer around than anyone sane would do. But after all they still loved their job because they all could help people, cure people or just take away their pain.

While Jinyoung dropped one shot soju after another down his throat Mark had only a water and something little to eat since his stomach was being rebellious and he was getting hungry because of the smells of the food in the stand. He had taken one of the tables which were on the other side of the stand but he was still able to see Jinyoung which was the reason why Jinyoung had not yet discovered him. Yes, Mark officially felt like a stalker he would probably tell everyone openly but he had no bad intentions after all. Time was flying by while the two of them were sitting alone at the two tables one drinking and one eating. Mark had lost track of time since his phone had decided to dye on him earlier. He really hoped that the younger one would soon had enough for the night and would want to get home.
Almost as if he had heard his last thoughts, Jinyoung called for the owner, paid and then left the food stand moving waveringly from side to side. Quickly Mark emptied the contents in his glass as well paid and followed after him.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Please just do not fall Jinyoung-ah. Just keep on walking your way the way you did till now", yes he was definitely going crazy now. Just how much had he been talking to himself just this one day? Conversations with himself because he was so worried about Jinyoung. For now he was just waiting for the Jinyoung to stumble, and then just lay there, that way getting him home safely would be harder because after all he had no idea where exactly Jinyoung lived at and wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter