Chapter Three

Most Definitely, You

17/

 

“Alright. I can’t take it anymore! Something is definitely wrong and you need to tell me what it is, Park Jinyoung!”

Jinyoung looked up from his notes to find Youngjae (who is still sitting on his chair, thank heavens) glaring at him with an expression between frustration and worry at the same time. The school bell signaling that the last period had already rung and was immediately replaced by the usual chatters of their classmates getting ready to head to their club activities. In their area however, Jinyoung continued his staring contest with his best friend wondering in his head what the hell was Youngjae talking about.

“What do you mean?” Jinyoung soon said aloud while putting down his pencil. Quite frankly, he was still not finished taking down his notes and would like to finish up as soon as he can since they were having a very important meeting at the school paper committee later. He does not function well if he does not have enough time to prepare.

Youngjae gasped in disbelief as if the reality that Jinyoung does not know what he is talking about baffles him. “Don’t lie to me, Park Jinyoung. You know what I’m talking about.”

“I really don’t know.” Jinyoung’s eyes furrowed. “And I’m not lying? Could you maybe tell me instead? Help me out a little here?”

“You really don’t know.” Youngjae sighed exasperatedly. He then shook his head whilst clicking his tongue. “Okay. Fine. Tell me what really happened last time at Jaebum’s house?” He then moved his chair closer to Jinyoung’s desk while narrowing his eyes at Jinyoung, who then recoiled from the stare.

Realizing that he could not take any more of Youngjae’s glare, Jinyoung turned away and started finishing up his notes. “I already told you, didn’t I? You passed out from drinking too much before Jiho could do anything to you, so nothing really happened and then Jackson, according to the others literally tore up the whole place searching for you. Good thing he… Ouch! What was that for?!” Jinyoung rubbed the spot where Youngjae pinched him.

“I wasn’t talking about what happened to me!” Youngjae looked like he was trying so much to keep his voice down. “I already knew what happened from many, many sources. I was talking about what happened to you!”

Jinyoung blinked at Youngjae in confusion. “Haven’t I already told you? When you left with Jiho, I tried searching for Jaebum, which was totally no use since he’s already sleeping in the pool area, I went to his room instead to sleep and when I went downstairs, I overheard Jiho talking about you, then I punched him, which hurt real bad. You still owe me for that by the way and then… Ow! Why are you pinching me again?! Stop it!”

Youngjae huffed as he glared at Jinyoung. “Okay, while my descendants and I will be forever in debt to you… That was so not what I wanna hear.” He then lowered his voice to make sure that only the two of them will hear what he was about to say next. “What happened to you and Mark?

Jinyoung’s eyes unconsciously wandered on Mark, who was still at his desk packing up his stuff for the day. “With me and Mark? What are you saying? Okay, so he did come and beat the hell out of Jiho. Like I told you it was scary as hell seeing him like that, but really that was it.”

“Are you sure that’s it?” Youngjae asked which worried Jinyoung a little. He did not tell Youngjae what happened in Mark’s car; figuring that what happened in there was a momentary slip up for both him and Mark as things got really emotional that night and honestly, Jinyoung was still a bit upset and embarrassed about it.

That morning after Jaebum’s party had been somewhat of a blur. He was still in Mark’s car when he woke up then and they both decided to get back inside the house to check up on their friends. They did not have enough time to talk about or be awkward about the previous night since both Jaebum and Youngjae had a major hungover session which meant that the two had spent most of their morning bent over the toilet bowl while the clean-up of the house were left up to Jinyoung, Mark and Jackson. Discussion of the previous night’s events with Youngjae were left the next day with Jinyoung conveniently leaving the incident in the car all to himself.

“Yup. That’s it.” Jinyoung answered simply while trying to keep his poker face.

Youngjae snorted. “Okay fine. I’ll let it go. But you can’t lie to me, Jinyoung-ah.”

“Who says I’m lying?”

Youngjae took a deep breath. “Okay, Jinyoung-ah here’s the thing. Do you think we’re not noticing? Monday: Home Economics period, you Jinyoung-ah was bringing the bowl of flour to our table when you accidentally tripped on one of the stools. Okay, so everyone had a good laugh blah, blah, blah… But you know who we didn’t hear laughing? Mark Tuan.” Jinyoung’s about to interrupt when Youngjae shushed him. “Alright, I know he probably didn’t see, but the thing is Mark didn’t make a joke after class which is weird, because usually he’ll say some lame joke like he should’ve recorded in his phone or you look like a grandpa. But no. Nada.” Youngjae took a quick breath as he proceeded. “Tuesday! During lunch when the biology club members were bringing the frogs to the laboratories and one of them escaped and chased after you! Mark was there! I saw! And he didn’t say anything! He just went on his way to the dance studio! And please don’t forget about the incident yesterday during gym class when you had to borrow my jogging pants coz you forgot yours and it ended up a size smaller than yours. And we know how Mark always make fun of your . But noooooooo… Not a peep from him. So you tell me, Park Jinyoung. Today also, Mark has neither teased you or spoken a word since the party. Tell me that’s not something I should be suspicious about, because that’s Mark. He hasn’t stopped teasing you since we’re thirteen! I’m freaking out since Monday and I know Jaebum said I should keep quiet about it, but I can’t take it anymore!” Youngjae was out of breath when he ended.

“Okay, first off. Breathe.” Jinyoung patted Youngjae’s shoulders, a bit worried since his best friend talked so fast. “Second, you make me sound like a loser from the things that you said, so thanks. Third, aren’t you happy that Mark’s finally stopped whatever he’s doing?”

Youngjae looked at him strangely as if Jinyoung said something crazy. “What are you saying?” he asked. “I’m worried about you, Jinyoung-ah. Please don’t even try to deny to me that you’ve been moping since Monday.”

“Me? Moping?” Jinyoung asked lamely, but yes he was.

“Really?” Youngjae smiled at him.

“Yes, really.” Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

“You sure?” Youngjae brought his face closer to Jinyoung’s knowing that any form of scrutiny Jinyoung will eventually fold. However, Youngjae swooped in closer and closer, his eyes narrowing and everything was becoming too close for comfort and Jinyoung was about to open his mouth when—

“Youngjae,” a voice from behind came and the two best friends jumped in surprise to find Mark tapping on Youngjae’s shoulders. “Jaebum’s calling for you about some pizza stuff? He says you’re not answering your phone and he’s downstairs waiting.”

Youngjae jumped from his seat in glee. “Oh! That’s right! I asked him to treat me to some cheese pizza earlier! It must be here already!” Jinyoung looked at him as realization finally settled in. Oh right. Jaebum volunteered to be their slave for a month as punishment for what happened with his cousin Jiho. (Although it seemed that only Youngjae was the one who enjoyed and took advantage of that privilege.)

“What are you doing anyway?” Mark looked at Youngjae then to Jinyoung with a frown.

“Huh?” Youngjae answered with a smile.

Mark cleared his throat. “Nevermind.”

Youngjae snorted. “Are you alright, Mark? Do you maybe have a cold? Fever maybe?” Jinyoung wants to kick Youngjae’s leg as he sees the triumphant expression on his best friend’s face.

Mark furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Me? No?”

“Coughs? Runny nose? A stomach ache?” Youngjae pressed on.

“What?” Mark frowned. “No. I’m not sick.”

“Allergies? In grown nail on your toes perhaps?”

“What’s with these stupid questions?” Mark asked as Jinyoung really did kick Youngjae’s leg this time.

“Nothing.” Youngjae said as he finally picked up his bag and not really bothered by the dull pain on his leg. “Just checking if everything’s 100% fine with you.” He then flashed his aegyo induced smile at Mark while batting his eyelashes and Jinyoung swears Mark cringed a little. “I’ll be going now. I surely don’t want my pizza getting cold. So everything’s fine with you and everything’s fine with Jinyoung-ah. Everybody’s happy!” He turned to Jinyoung with a wave. “I’ll see you later after club activities, Jinyoung-ah!”

Jinyoung waved at his friend goodbye and it was then that he realized that it was only him and Mark that were left in the classroom. He suddenly remembered Youngjae’s comment earlier about moping around, which was again kind of true. He knew that his little break down would certainly change things between him and Mark, but he did not expect it to be this way: with Mark shutting him off from his life and never speaking to him again. Youngjae was not the only one who noticed this certain change of behavior since the week had started and Jinyoung wished that he never should have said anything in the first place. At this very moment, he cannot help but wish he and Mark were back to bickering once again.

A few more moments of silence filled up the room once more when suddenly their eyes met and Jinyoung thought he was imagining things when he saw the upward quirk on Mark’s lips. It was not a teasing grin that he was always wearing, but a greeting smile, which to Jinyoung looked a bit shy. Jinyoung must have looked so surprised that Mark’s expression turned into panic when he suddenly rubbed his neck and quickly ran to his desk to proceed on his own club activity.

Jinyoung was left in silence. It was a bit unfair that Mark could all of a sudden act like nothing was wrong and then escape while leaving Jinyoung all confused and lost with this cloud, no, this hurricane of feelings inside his heart.

He looked at the doorway where a few seconds ago, he was watching Mark’s retreating back. Why does it feel like there was some burden on his stomach right now and all of the air was being from his chest? Why does his heart felt like he missed a step on the stairs? Why are all these things which were supposed to hurt him so much fills him up with happiness instead of pain?

He needs to talk to Youngjae. Really, really soon.

 

“Jinyoung? Park Jinyoung, are you still with us?”

The said boy jerked in surprise as he was elbowed by his seatmate and Jinyoung was pulled out of his reverie to find all of the school paper club members looking at him curiously. He must have drifted off in his thoughts as he turned to look at their editor in chief looking at him sternly with her arms crossed and so, before the full blown embarrassment consumed him on the spot, Jinyoung stood up and apologized for disturbing the club meeting.

“As I was saying,” Their editor in chief, Dain, continued. “A lot of club activities will be taking place this weekend and I’m sure all of you are all aware of your assigned events to attend, right?” There was a murmur of agreement in the room before Dain proceeded. “If you forgot, the assignments are also posted on our bulletin board so there’s no excuse of being late or not attending because you do not know. Are there any questions so far?”

Silence filled the whole room for a few moments before Dain spoke once more, “Alright, if there are no more questions for me, then meeting adjourned.” The sound of moving chairs and chitchats then followed as Jinyoung and the rest of the school paper club exits the room.

“Jinyoung-ah,” Dain called before he could leave. “Can I speak to you for a moment?”

“Yes, sunbae?” Jinyoung said as he went to Dain’s table.

Dain sighed as she checked something on her notebook. “There’s a favor I need to ask you if that’s alright?”

“Sure, what is it?” Jinyoung asked.

“It seems that we would need more people on the soccer tournament on Saturday.” Dain explained.

“I see,” Jinyoung nodded. He was supposed to be covering the swimming team’s exhibition on the same day. “You want me to go to the soccer event instead?”

“Actually,” Dain shook her head. “I want you to cover my event instead, the dance club’s competition. I’ll go to the soccer team since that will be held at another city. I don’t want to bother you too much since this is a favor already. Will that be okay?”

The dance club competition? But that meant… “Alright.” Jinyoung answered albeit hesitating for a moment.

“Thanks.” Dain smiled in gratitude. “If you need some assistants for the photos and all, I’m sure we could ask some of the trainee first years to help you.”

Jinyoung shook his head. “Ah no. That’s alright. I can bring someone on Saturday. Don’t worry. I’ll manage.”

Right now, Jinyoung was more worried about Saturday’s event. He definitely could not say no to Dain since he felt that it was his duty as an associate editor to be flexible to any change that the club might need. However, he did not expect that the task at hand will be the dance club, which meant only one thing: he will be covering Mark’s event. As if his head was not a mess already. Throughout the years that he had been part of the school paper club, Jinyoung had always managed to be assigned to a different event, but he knew things would eventually find its way on its own. Jinyoung could only hope that everything would go well on Saturday.

 

“You’re done?” Youngjae said as he was already waiting outside the room when Jinyoung went out. It came as a surprise since Youngjae is a member of the archery club and most days (when deadlines are not around the corner); it was Jinyoung who waits for him.

“Yeah,” Jinyoung answered. “Where’s Jaebum?”

“You know him,’ Youngjae shrugged. “Sightseeing.” Jinyoung might have looked confused when Youngjae suddenly elaborated. “He’s at the swimming club. He’s just watching the members practice since using his own words ‘someone needs to save the students in case somebody drowns’. He’s impossible. Anyway, he’s very excited to come with you on Saturday. Just wait till you deal with him in front of the swimming team.” Youngjae rolled his eyes as he shook his head.

“Uhh, about that,” Jinyoung said quietly. “Change of plans. Looks like I won’t be going to the swimming team event after all. Dain-sunbae assigned me to the dance club’s competition instead”

“Dance club…?” Youngjae slowed down walking. “Dance club? Mark’s?” Jinyoung nodded reluctantly as Youngjae gasped jumping to his feet. “Oh my God?!”

“What are you so excited about?” Jinyoung asked pouting.

“Nothing.” Youngjae answers with his eyes twinkling.

With the mention of Mark’s name, Jinyoung suddenly remembered what happened that afternoon in the classroom. To be honest, he had been trying to push the thought out of his head that whole afternoon, but it was no use. The more he tried to forget about it, the more he actually thought of it… him. And Jinyoung could not take it anymore. He definitely needed to talk to somebody about it because at this point in time, he might actually go insane.

“Hey Youngjae,” Jinyoung said quietly. If there was one person he could trust anything in the world, it has to be Youngjae. “Can I talk to you about something?”

The two of them ended up talking at the playground near the school. Thankfully, it was near twilight and most of the kids had gone home. They had settled down on the swings as Jinyoung poured his heart out on his best friend. He told Youngjae about all those things that really happened on Jaebum’s party as well as what happened inside Mark’s car. He also mentioned how sad he had been feeling ever since and what happened in the classroom that afternoon. Telling his best friend about these things, Jinyoung felt better already. He still had very little understanding on what was going on with himself, but at least he was able to let it all out.

Youngjae just listened and just nodded and hummed every now and then to show that he understood. Jinyoung would be forever grateful for that. It was as if Youngjae understood all along and he was just waiting for Jinyoung for confirmation.

There was a few minutes of comfortable silence when Jinyoung finished speaking. But that was okay, he thought. He needed that silence anyway. It just meant that despite the confusion he had been feeling up to this point, everything would be fine.

“So,” It was Youngjae who broke the silence at last. “All those things that you told me… You think it was because you really miss Mark as your friend? And you want to be friends with him again?”

Jinyoung nodded. “Yes. All these times, I’ve never really given up on him, you know? When I saw him with our senior at the party, I really hated that. I guess I’ve never been okay with the thought of not being able to be next to him.”

“Park Jinyoung, are you for real?!” Youngjae stomped his feet as he reached out and pinched Jinyoung’s cheek earning a yelp from the latter. “I’m sorry. You’re my best friend in the whole universe and I love you, but let me say this. Are you seriously the most dense person in the world?! Oh my God, I’m gonna go bald because of you two! I really, really do not deserve this kind of treatment! If I have premature wrinkles, I will bury you and Mark. After all those things that you told me, do you seriously think that what you’re feeling right now is because you miss being friends with Mark?! Ah really, I wanna live a long happy life. Why are you doing this to me?!”

“Well what do you want from me?” Jinyoung sniffed and slurring a little since Youngjae was still pinching his cheek.

Youngjae shook his head. “I really need to spell it out for you, don’t I? Think about it… About what happened earlier with him in the classroom, about what you’re feeling that time? Is it may be possible that you’re feel something more for Mark?”

Jinyoung gulped. More?  “More?” he repeated.

“More than friendship.” Youngjae rolled his eyes. “You know it’s always been different with Mark, isn’t it? Come on, Jinyoung-ah. I think you already know what I mean.”

Jinyoung’s eyes widened. No, he never really entertained the idea in his mind ever. Right now even in his thoughts, he could never really wrap his head and admit that maybe he was feeling something more than friendship. Was Youngjae right?

Somehow, Jinyoung was afraid to know the answer.

 

 

15/

 

“Oh my God, did you hear?!” Everyone in the classroom turned to the doorway to find a panting Jaebum. “Mark got injured!”

“What?” Jinyoung yelled from his seat.

A chorus of “what happened?” followed Jaebum as he made his way to his friends. Jinyoung, on the other hand, was already standing from his seat only to be pulled back by Youngjae while telling him to calm down. It was already afternoon and most of the students were already back to their classes after a couple of hours of club activities. However, the same thing cannot be said with Mark as he and the rest of the soccer team were out of town for the qualifying games of the national tournament.

“Jackson called.” Jaebum explained with a serious expression on his face as he sat down next to Jinyoung. “It was his right leg. He said that another player from another team collided with him during one of the plays and he had a bad fall. They’re already at the hospital, so we don’t need to worry.” He then proceeded to give Jinyoung a reassuring tap on his shoulder as if telling him that there was really nothing to worry about anymore.

“But isn’t that bad?” Youngjae said quietly as Jaebum sent him a glare. “I know you said he’s already at the hospital, but it’s a leg injury. Does that mean he won’t be able to play in the next games?”

“I don’t know.” Jaebum replied.

A solemn silence followed as the three of them knew the impact it would make not only to the team, but with Mark as well. They all knew how important this tournament was for Mark and even though they were just freshmen, he had already made his way on the starting line-up. And to think that their school was already a favorite to win the national tournament. No, this was a big deal after all.

Jinyoung was quiet. He could still feel Youngjae’s hand holding his arm as if worried that if he let go, Jinyoung would suddenly run to get to the next bus station. That was very true of course. Every second that he was staying in this four walled classroom felt suffocating all of a sudden and Jinyoung felt that staying put and not knowing anything was not enough.

“No, Jinyoung-ah.” Youngjae shook his head. He might have known what his best friend was thinking. “I know you’re still worried. We’re worried too, you know? But right now, we really don’t know anything yet. The best thing to do this moment is to wait.”

 

Mark’s parents were not home when Jinyoung came home that afternoon and he assumed they were at the hospital already when he was greeted by his mom’s worried expression. There was still no news aside from the fact that Mark’s parents were already at the hospital and that Mark suffered a bone fracture which needed was already attended to. That was why Jinyoung made an excuse that night to do his homework downstairs while his dad watches basketball in their living room. He would not be able to concentrate anyway if he was up in his room.

It was a little past nine in the evening when Jinyoung finally heard the sound of a car pulling over next door. He moved so fast that he startle his father awake from his nap on the couch. Running to the window, he could only see a part of the Tuan’s driveway illuminated by the streetlights outside. There, he saw Mark being assisted by his mom and dad while he was in crutches. Somehow, it broke Jinyoung’s heart seeing him that way. He knew that everything was not okay, that Mark was not okay and it frustrates him that he could not be at Mark’s side at this very moment.

The lights were off in Mark’s room when Jinyoung took a glimpse before he fall asleep. He figured Mark must have needed more time to rest now more than ever. Sighing heavily, Jinyoung went under the covers with a million thoughts in his mind. Is Mark sleeping right now? Or is he staring at the ceiling like I am? Is he feeling better now? What about tomorrow? I really, really want to see him so bad.

 

Mark, according to Jaebum, was given ten weeks by the doctor to recover and attend therapy. The good news was, if he followed the recommended treatment, he would be back to playing soccer in no time. They all breathed a sigh of relief at that. Everything was gonna be fine at least. Mark will be okay.

At least, that was what they all thought.

 

Ten weeks passed by in a flash. Soon enough, Mark was back in tip top shape with his soccer uniform on and free from his crutches. He might not be able to join the team in the national tournament, but at least he was back in the playing field once again. It was an ordinary afternoon and Jinyoung was on his way to the school paper club meeting when he saw Mark walking with Jackson, both on their way to the soccer field and laughing at maybe some funny joke Jackson might have told. Jinyoung could not help but smile at that view.

But sometimes good things never do really last as the next morning, a very solemn looking Youngjae and Jaebum welcomed him inside the classroom.

“What’s up?” Jinyoung asked worriedly.

“It’s Mark.” Jaebum answered with a shake of his head. “He quit the soccer team.”

 

To say that everyone was quite surprised by what happened was an understatement and when things like this occur, a lot of rumors cropped from every corner. Good thing Jaebum was able to fill them in on what happened the day earlier. Nobody understands it really, but when Mark stepped in the field to practice with the rest of the team, he froze and no amount of encouragement from the coach and his teammates were able to persuade him to return. By the end of practice, Mark had informed the coach that he would be quitting the team once and for all.

“…I understand he’s scared,” Jinyoung hears Jaebum continued on. “And coach even gave him some time to think about it. Jackson says that Mark might be a little hasty with his decision, but I don’t know guys. Mark’s pretty determined about it when I spoke to him earlier.”

“Aish, this is so depressing.” Youngjae commented. “He really likes soccer. What’s gotten into him?”

That’s it. Jinyoung thinks as he stood up from his chair and ran out of the room. He hears Youngjae and Jaebum calling after him, but he does not care at this moment. He determinedly ran to the classroom next to theirs and he barely registered the curious looks he had gotten from the other students as he searched for Mark. The problem was… he was not around.

“Rooftop!” A voice called out from in front of the classroom as he saw Jackson smiling at him and pointing upwards. “I know. He’s very dramatic right now, but he’s there if you’re looking for him.

Jinyoung called out a quick “thanks!” to Jackson as he proceeded to the topmost part of their school building. A cold whiff of wind blows in as he reached the top of the staircase. He spots Mark immediately with his back on him, leaning on the railings and for some reason, although Jinyoung could not see his face; he could feel the frown adorning the other.

“Hey!” Jinyoung called which made Mark jump from his position. It was totally unattractive and hilarious and Jinyoung would have laughed if it was any other day, but not right now. Not when Mark was wearing that look.

“What the heck?!” Mark was clutching his chest in shock. “What are you creeping here about? You surprised the hell out of me!! .”

“What about you?” Jinyoung asked. Right now, he had that much confidence in confronting Mark. Finally his hormones had been kind to him and now he and Mark are the same height. There was no reason for Mark to look down on him anymore. “What the hell are you doing, quitting the soccer team?”

Mark huffed. “That’s really none of your business. Now leave me alone, Jinyoungie.” He said as he finally turned away from Jinyoung.

“Oh no, you don’t!” Jinyoung ran over to Mark and grabbed his arm so they would be face to face. “I know it’s none of my business alright? But I don’t care! Didn’t you say you want to be a soccer player someday? Well how is that supposed to happen when you’re suddenly quitting the team?!”

Mark shook his arm out of Jinyoung’s hold. He would have fought it if not for the sad expression on Mark’s face. “Stop it.” Mark said quietly that Jinyoung almost missed it.

“What?” Jinyoung looked at him in confusion.

“Stop what you’re doing.” Mark warned again. “Stop looking at me like that. Stop looking at me like you’re about to cry any second now. I seriously can’t take it! I don’t need anyone’s pity, especially not yours, Jinyoungie.”

Jinyoung looked at him in surprise. “I’m not— I’m just trying to help—”

“Well you’re not.” Mark sighed helplessly as he gave Jinyoung a look. “Now if you’re not gonna leave. I will.” He said with finality as he walked past Jinyoung leaving the latter alone.

Jinyoung felt the cold gust of wind enveloped him as he listened to the sound of Mark’s footsteps descending from the rooftop. He lets out the heavy air he was not aware he was holding in his chest as he himself leaned in the same spot where Mark was earlier. Jinyoung heard the school bell ringing for the first period, but he did not really care at that moment. Not when he realizes what Mark might have been looking at earlier before Jinyoung came in. The soccer field. Another sigh escaped from Jinyoung’s lips as he buried his face in his arms. Gosh. I’m so stupid.

I just want to see your smile once again.

 

“Wow, he’s certainly a ball of sunshine today.” Youngjae says sarcastically as they passed by Mark’s locker. A few days had passed already and there had not been any changes with Mark. Even as they watched him eat his lunch with the others, there was something lacking in the way his eyes used to sparkle when they were messing around or the sound of his laughter when he hears Jackson’s jokes.

That actually gave Jinyoung an idea as he watches most of the students make their way to the cafeteria. “Youngjae-ah, is it alright if you go ahead? I think I forgot my wallet in the classroom.”

Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows. “Okay? Sure. I’ll see you at the usual table then.”

“Thanks!” Jinyoung made his way back, but not towards their classroom, but instead to the lockers. He grabbed a pen and paper as he quickly wrote something on it. After making sure that no one was around to see him, Jinyoung quickly made his way towards Mark’s locker and quickly slid the note in it. He’s not sure if Mark will be able to read it given that he usually receives at least a couple of love letters every day, but Jinyoung had to try didn’t he? If not, then maybe he would just need to do it every single day if he has until Mark smiles again.

The sun is shining brightly today.

I hope you’re doing well?

I heard they will serve chicken for lunch today.

I hope you had a good meal.

Always eat your fruits and vegetables, okay?

And drink lots and lots of milk.

It’s good for the bones. :)

And sure enough, it became a daily occurrence of him leaving little notes every now and then inside Mark’s locker. Sometimes, it would just be some comment about the weather or a warning of an upcoming pop quiz for Mark’s classes that afternoon. From time to time, it would be about a certain quote or paragraph he read or listened to (Jinyoung used to just leave quotes from “Peach Princess” that made him cry at first, but he thought that it might be too obvious that it was him.) Occasionally though, he would leave a flyer he would see on the bulletin board in case Mark would be interested in. Jinyoung thought that maybe, if Mark chose not to play soccer anymore that does not mean it was the end of the world for him. If anything, it opened up a new realm of possibilities and opportunities. 

He never really checked if Mark even reads his notes since at the back of his mind, he was afraid that it would just be thrown away in the garbage can or worse made fun of Mark and his friends. It was pure coincidence when one afternoon after their gym class when Jinyoung spotted Mark at the lockers as well. Out of sheer curiosity, he looked over to see if Mark will be able to see the note since Jinyoung already left one during lunch break. His hopes were not up in the first place, so it came to him as a surprise when he saw Mark reading the note and putting it in his pocket. Jinyoung then watched as Mark reads the flyer that he left earlier about the dance club’s recruitment.

There was a small smile on Mark’s face as he closed his locker and Jinyoung could not help but do the same. It might not be something spectacular as what he had imagined it would be but it was a start.

Definitely a start.

 

 

8/

 

“Mark, can you see Papa and Mama?”

Jinyoung was whispering sadly from beside Mark as he was too short to see the audience. They were at the backstage for their class’ musical presentation of the fairy tale “Snow White” and Jinyoung was still a nervous wreck. Since character selection was by draw lots, he had the unfortunate luck to be chosen as the titular character. In the background, they could hear Youngjae, who will be playing the Evil Queen, singing loudly his lines which could be pleasant to the ears (Youngjae has a really pretty voice) or not at all (he had been singing the same song for a couple of hours already and may or may not be causing headaches to the other second grade students). Jaebum, on the other hand, was still causing trouble to their other classmates since he was playing the Magic Mirror and was white all over.

“Yup, I see them.” Mark nodded as he turned to Jinyoung. “They’re sitting beside my Mama and Papa. Yejin-noona’s there too. Don’t worry, Jinyoungie.”

“Okay.” Jinyoung breathed out as he smoothed his costume for the nth time that day. “Everything’s gonna be okay, right?”

“Of course!” Mark smiled as he reached over Jinyoung’s hair to fix the red crooked bow attached to it. “Look at you. What did I tell you about your hair? Now we keep fixing it.”

Jinyoung consciously touched the bow again. “Sorry. I’m just nervous.” He then giggled when he saw Mark’s ear costume (He’s playing one of the seven dwarves) “You’re ears are big just like mine.” He then touched the pointy ears on his friend.

“Are they?” Mark laughed excitedly as well. “They are! See? You don’t need to worry, Jinyoungie. Just think about my ears when you’re feeling nervous so that you’ll be able to smile right away. Besides, didn’t we practice your lines over and over and over? You’ll be the best Snow White there is!”

Jinyoung smiled. “Thanks. I was just worried, because I don’t want Mama and Papa to be sad if I don’t do well.”

“I’m here okay, Jinyoungie?” Mark took both of his hands and gave them both a squeeze to reassure him. “You can definitely do it. We believe in you! And you know that Auntie promised us many, many strawberries if we did well today, right?”

“Yes!” Jinyoung seriously cannot wait. Although there was this other thing that has been bothering him since this morning. “Also… Uhm,” Jinyoung hesitated. “About the kiss later…”

Mark frowned. “You don’t need to worry about that. We made Jaewon promise he will only do it on your cheek and Youngjae might have scared him a bit since he told him that he’ll make Coco bite Jaewon if he does anything weird to you. But yeah, still. I don’t like it. Can you maybe dodge the kiss instead?” Mark added jokingly.

“I could try.” Jinyoung said determinedly.

“I’m just kidding.” Mark laughed. “But seriously, Jinyoungie’s cheeks are only mine after Snow White, okay?”

“Of course!” Jinyoung if possible tightened his hold on Mark’s hands.

 

The presentation started without a glitch and all the kids did well during their song numbers. Youngjae did particularly well during his part as one of his songs earned a standing ovation from the audience. Everything was going on smoothly until they reached the part when Jinyoung as Snow White bit the apple and was sent to his “eternal sleep”. Their classmate, Jaewon, who was playing Prince Charming was doing fine when he entered the stage, but when it came to the part of kissing Snow White, they heard a particular “barking” sound from the side stage (Jinyoung has a very positive guess who it was), which caused Jaewon to cry in hysterics.

Everyone at the audience gasped and some of them laughing at the adorable crying boy and Jinyoung thought everything to be over. He was still lying on the makeshift flower bed surrounded by the seven little dwarves as he tried to open his eyes a fraction. He sees their homeroom teacher, Miss Goo, hurrying to the stage to calm Jaewon down, but it only had the opposite effect on the boy that their teacher had to bring him backstage. Jinyoung was about to get up, when he feels a hand holding his and whispering “Wait for me, Jinyoungie.” Jinyoung hears the audience laughing as sounds of small footsteps ran from stage only returning a few moments later.

“My name is Prince Charming,” Jinyoung almost gasped in laughter as he heard Mark’s voice suddenly filling up the whole auditorium. “And I am here to save Snow White in all her fairest beauty from her eternal sleep with true love’s first kiss!” The whole auditorium was suddenly resonating with applause and laughter as the Dwarf #3/Prince Charming approached the sleeping Snow White.

“I’ll kiss you now, Jinyoungie.” Mark whispered when he was near. “On your cheek, okay?”

Jinyoung gave him a small nod as he waited for “true love’s first kiss” and when it did, he opened his eyes and saw Mark smiling down at him with the brightest smile on his face. And Jinyoung decided at that moment that he would keep that memory forever.

Yes, Snow White’s Prince Charming has large, pointy ears and might not be wearing his regal clothes or his shiny shoes. He might have been wearing his matching red dwarf clothes and might have been wearing a prince crown (Apparently snatched by Mark from Jaewon’s head earlier) that was a bit big for him that it slides down on his forehead. And that was okay, Jinyoung thought as he dances with Dwarf #3 aka Prince Charming Mark towards the end of the presentation.

This happily ever after is perfect.

 

 

17/

 

“Guys! We’re over here!”

Jaebum’s familiar voice was immediately heard as soon as Jinyoung entered the auditorium with Youngjae. It was certainly a surprise that Youngjae volunteered to drive Jinyoung to the event, but his best friend only told him that he does not want to miss anything in case things might get “interesting”. It has been a couple of days since their talk on the playground and unfortunately (or fortunately?) Jinyoung still do not have any answer to Youngjae’s question. It was mostly due to the fact that he did not have time to think about it yesterday since he was busy preparing for today’s event and he did not have a chance to see Mark as well since the other was busy with the dance club preparation himself.

“Hey, Jaebum. Jackson.” Jinyoung greeted the two as they approached them. “Listen, Jaebum. Thanks for coming today although it was a late notice. I really, really don’t want to use that free slave for a month card that you gave us, but I was a bit desperate for a photographer. Thanks. And sorry. I know you really wanna watch the swimming team.”

“No problem,” Jaebum shrugged smiling. “It’s too bad I won’t see them, but who cares? Dancer bodies are amazing too! Although they won’t be wearing swimming attire. Oh well.”

Youngjae snorted. “Oh, so is that why you’re wearing… that?” He gestured at Jaebum’s ensemble for the day with a look of disdain.

“What?” Jaebum posed. “This look means I got swag. Tell him Jackson!”

“I was actually the one who told him what to wear today.” Jackson added on. “Those are my clothes.”

Youngjae snorted with a roll of his eyes. “Figures. Now it all makes sense now.”

“What does that mean?!” A chorus of protest came from Jaebum and Jackson.

“Why are you even here, Youngjae?” Jaebum huffed in retaliation. “Aren’t you supposed to be ‘too cool’ for these kinds of activities?”

“I am. I am…” Youngjae scrunched his nose as he looked around in judgement at the lobby full of people mostly in costumes and very heavy eyeliner makeup. “But I’m not here mainly to watch a dance competition. I’m here to support Jinyoung-ah.”

Jinyoung blushed at that knowing full well that Youngjae was supporting him for his journalism skills, but before he could say anything to shut his best friend up, Jaebum was already talking. “Right, cheer him on while he writes stuff down and I take photos.”

“Yup.” Youngjae replied with an emphasis on the “p” sound.

“And you’re the one judging me for my swag clothes.” Jaebum shook his head which earned a hit from Youngjae. “Seriously, I honest to God do not deserve this kind of judgement.”

“Uhm, guys…” Jinyoung looked worriedly at his wristwatch. “I hate to break this up, but I think we need to go inside. I think this event’s free seating and we don’t want to be left with no seat. Besides, I think I have enough time to go backstage and speak with the dance club captain and coach.”

“Great!” Youngjae exclaimed. “Let’s go fast. I will NEVER let myself stand for five hours!”

“Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you,” Jinyoung asked and for a moment he saw Youngjae and Jackson looked awkwardly at one another. “The Press will be sitting near the stage so I don’t think Jaebum and I’ll be with you, guys. You’ll be fine hanging out with Jackson then?”

“Sure, why not?” Youngjae responded confidently as he hooked an arm to a surprised Jackson. “What could happen?”

“Uhh, maybe that time when you two would always ma—” Jaebum started.

“SHUT UP, JAEBUM!” This time it was Youngjae and Jackson who yelled at the same time.

“Come on.” Youngjae told Jackson as he pulled the latter towards the audience’s entrance. But that was not without Jaebum calling out a “Behave!” after them earning him a rude hand gesture from Youngjae.

 

It was a bit chaotic when Jinyoung and Jaebum arrived backstage and they had actually had a hard time searching for their school’s dance club if not for the help of an usher. Thankfully, when they arrived at their dressing room, Jinyoung was able to have a quick interview with both the dance club captain and their coach. Jaebum, on the other hand, was having a lot of fun taking photos of everyone in the dressing room and Jinyoung just let him. He knew that despite Jaebum’s tendency to “flirt” (according to the man himself) with everyone that moves he could still work the camera well which was definitely a huge advantage for Jinyoung.

“Are you done?” Jaebum asked a few moments later when he found Jinyoung sitting quietly at the corner of the dressing room.

Quite honestly, Jinyoung was already but there was a certain someone who he had not seen so far and until he gets a glimpse of that someone he really would not want to leave the room. And suddenly, Youngjae’s question rang up on his mind once again. What the hell was he doing? His mind is getting really mixed up and this is not something that he wants at this moment.

“Uhm…” Jinyoung said as he tried to rummage through his notes, trying to find an excuse to stay a little longer.

“Oh, wow, look at that—“Jaebum gasped as he looked at the doorway. “Is that Mark?”

Jinyoung snapped his head towards the same direction immediately only to find just a few of the dance club members going in and out of the room. He then felt his cheeks reddened as he tried to avoid eye contact with Jaebum.

“Aha!” Jaebum shouted a whisper, so that only the two of them could hear what he was saying. “So this is what it’s all about! Don’t worry, Mark’s in the wash room. Anyway, you’re waiting for Mark, huh? Trying to wish him luck?” Jaebum teased. “You know, I may not be as smart as you or Youngjae, but I can sense things too, you know? Especially with things about the human heart.” Jaebum gave him a wink.

“How can you even tell that it’s “human heart” related?” Jinyoung looked at his friend skeptically.

“Park Jinyoung, I can tell since we’re seven.” Jaebum shook his head. “Quite frankly, I just needed your confirmation because it seemed like you’re the only person who hasn’t realized it yet.”

“But I really don’t know.” Jinyoung whined silently.

“Uhh, your reaction earlier when I mentioned Mark’s name wasn’t an enough answer for you?” Jaebum looked at him in disbelief. “Stop fighting it, Jinyoung-ah. Not knowing something and hiding from something are two different things. You’d have to realize that. What are you even afraid of?”

Everything. Jinyoung let out a heavy sigh. “Does Mark also know about this?”

“Nope, I don’t think so.” Jaebum shook his head. “And I don’t plan on telling him if that’s what you’re afraid of. That’s your own business.”

“Jackson?”

“I think he has an idea already,” Jinyoung looked at him in panic. “But hey, calm down, will you? I don’t talk about it with them and if he knows something, I doubt he’ll tell anything to Mark anyway. He’s a good guy. Besides, I think he’s hung up on his own love life to meddle in with yours.”

Love… Life? Somehow as strange as it sounds to his ears, Jinyoung felt like he could get used to it.

 

In the end, Jinyoung ended up being embarrassed by Jaebum as a few moments after their little conversation, Mark entered the dressing room along with the other dance club members. There was a wide teasing smile on Jaebum’s face when Mark came over to greet him and ask him what he was doing there in the first place. Jaebum was just pointing his thumb at Jinyoung when their conversation was interrupted when one of the girl members pulled Mark away from them. That was the final breaking point then, as Jinyoung felt a monster erupt from his chest as he was again reminded of that time when he saw Mark with another girl and he hated it so much. He actually hated it more than the fact that Jaebum who was had most like figured out what was happening and was looking at him with a smug expression.

“What?” Jinyoung asked as he watched Jaebum smiled at him then all of a sudden pulling him for a bear hug. “What are you doing, Im Jaebum?! Let me go.” He freaked out as he tried to squeeze his way out of his friend’s grasp.

“I won’t” Jaebum singsongs playfully. “And I’m doing you a favor since I’m a good friend. Just stay put and you’ll thank me later.”

“Thank you—? For what—?” Jinyoung did not have time to figure things out when he felt Jaebum’s grip loosening from him. He then saw a hand on Jaebum’s shoulder pulling him back.

“The contest will be starting in ten minutes.” Mark still has his hand on Jaebum’s shoulder. “You should really go to your seats.”

“Cool.” Jaebum still has that embarrassing smile on his face. “Good luck, man.”

“Good luck.” Jinyoung said it so quietly that he was not sure if Mark was able to catch it. He did not have time to find out though as he was already out of the dressing room followed by Jaebum.

“Wait up!” Jaebum was nearly out of breath as he tried to catch up with Jinyoung. He let his friend chase him a little more as punishment for embarrassing him earlier.

“What was that for?” Jinyoung said as he aimed a punch at Jaebum.

Jaebum snorted. “Well, you’re acting all mopey and jealous, so I just got Mark’s attention back from that girl. She was kind of rude anyway, so win-win.”

“What? I wasn’t—“Jinyoung hates how aware of the blush on his cheeks.

“Oh, just shut up and be a grateful kid.” Jaebum snorted. “And you were able to wish him good luck, weren’t you? Actually more of a ’Good Luck’.” Jaebum said mocking Jinyoung’s tone from earlier.

“Yah!”

 

“Remember; do not miss a shot, alright?” Jinyoung reminded Jaebum for the nth time as Mark’s team are up next.

“For the millionth time, I know.” Jaebum answered exasperatedly. “You know those fansite masters taking picture of idols? I’m on their level. If you want, I can even take a picture of any part of Mark’s body that you want? What do you like? Face? Neck? Abs? Feet? Some people are really into feet.”

Jinyoung elbowed his friend. “Just take a photo of the whole team, will you? What would I even do with a million pictures of Mark’s body parts anyway?”

“Hmm, so you didn’t like my choices then” Jaebum said. “How about the crotch? I can do crotch shots if you want.”

“…I hate you.” Jinyoung narrowed his eyes at Jaebum as the latter just sniggered at the side.

Finally it was their school’s turn on the stage and Jinyoung swears that when the team came out, he could here Youngjae and Jackson’s voices cheering from the back and definitely louder than anyone else. However, all of his thoughts were suddenly forgotten as Jinyoung’s eyes fixed on the single person in the center of the formation. When the music started, it was like everything faded as Jinyoung watched Mark and only Mark dancing with his all his might in front of everyone and he did not want to miss any second of it. He was moving with utmost passion and perfection that Jinyoung could not stop, but be drawn to it. His mind was all of a sudden so consumed to the pure want and need of it that he cannot help himself from having these desperate thoughts of possessiveness as if all he ever wanted was to keep Mark all to himself.

When did he ever start feeling this way? When did he become this selfish person?

He was much into deep in his thoughts that he did not realize that their school team’s routine was over and everyone was up to their feet giving them a standing ovation. Jinyoung was still so much in a daze that he did not realize he was still sitting down on his seat as if all the air from his lungs were all out. He was grateful for the people in front of him, because the look on his face right now was a dead giveaway of all the things he had been experiencing at the moment. And even though he knew that Mark would not be able to see him, Jinyoung would never really want the other to see what state he was in right now.

The dance club team finally made their way back to the backstage as everyone sat down on their seats. Jinyoung stole another glance at Mark as the latter was chatting gleefully with the other members. It was for a brief moment, but Jinyoung swore he saw their eyes met and once again, he saw that same acknowledging smile Mark gave him the other day in the classroom. Jinyoung was now sure more than ever that he felt his heart skip a beat.

“I’m in trouble.” He whispered to himself.

 

It was already safe to assume that their team bagged the gold medal for the competition and Jinyoung could not be happier. Of course, that could not be compared to the happiness of the dance club as they went on stage to receive their award. Afterwards, Jinyoung was again given the first privilege to speak with the club members while letting Jaebum busy himself taking pictures of everyone with their medals and promising them that he will tag them on Facebook later.

“No congratulations for Mark, then?” Jaebum commented as he followed Jinyoung out of the dressing room immediately after the interview.

“No, I can’t deal with it right now.” Jinyoung answered quietly.

“You okay?” Jaebum asked as he took note of Jinyoung’s serious expression.

“Yeah.” Jinyoung sighed as he slowed down. “Actually, no I don’t think I am. Jaebum-ah, am I a selfish person?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Jaebum frowned. “Of course you’re not.”

“Then why—“Jinyoung let out another sigh. “Earlier, when Mark’s performing on stage, I had this strange feeling of wanting all for myself, like I hated the idea of him being with anyone else. I want him to just look at me and same goes for me. I want to be the only person to be with him, to look at him forever. Isn’t it bad to have thoughts like that?”

Jaebum thought for a second before he spoke. “I guess it’s just part of human nature. At some point, every single one of us has some sort of possessiveness level when it comes to the person that we like, right? But right now, do not go and just simply conclude things using a simple thought that crossed your mind. Things do not work just on only one way, Jinyoung-ah. Maybe you don’t need to figure things out quickly. You can take things slow, you know? It’s different with everyone. No story is equally the same. And who knows, maybe you someday you could think things over with Mark.”

 

“Youngjae-ah, you could just drop me off here.” Jinyoung said as they neared the convenience store a few blocks from Jinyoung’s house.

“Here?” Youngjae asked in confusion, but pulled over anyway. “You sure?”

“Yeah,” Jinyoung nodded as he gave his best friend a reassuring smile. “I’m craving for some ice cream. I’ll just walk home.”

“I can just wait for you though?” Youngjae asked worriedly. “It’s a bit dark outside already.”

“That’s fine.” Jinyoung replied. “I just need some time to think about some things I figured out.”

“Oh?” Youngjae looked at him knowingly. “Finally got to it?”

“Yeah.” Jinyoung smiled. “Thanks to you and I you won’t like this, but thanks to Jaebum too.”

“Ah well,” Youngjae shook his head smiling. “I’ve long accepted the fact that sometimes he can be useful too. Thank heavens!”

They both snort at that. “Listen; just send me a text when you’re home, okay?” Youngjae reminded him.

“I will.” Jinyoung replied. “I’ll see you tomorrow for brunch, alright? Thanks, Youngjae for everything.”

Youngjae shook his head as he tapped the steering wheel. “That’s no problem. Now get out before we get all sappy and dramatic. I’m wearing eyeliner right now. Not waterproof. And you’re making me cry. I can’t deal with our baby Jinyoung growing up right now. Go.”

 

Jinyoung was walking back to their house with a cone of chocolate ice cream in his hand when a familiar car horn sounded from behind him. It almost gave him a heart attack as he was walking alone on the street and he had absolutely no indication that there was a car behind him at that moment. Of all vehicles in the world, it would have to be Mark’s and Jinyoung was torn between the confusion of everything he was feeling right now or the prospect of seeing Mark.

“Seriously, Jinyoungie,” Jinyoung tried to ignore the voice from inside the car which was slowed down to match his walking speed. “Chocolate ice cream? What are you, four?”

“That’s really none of your business, Tuan.” Why are you all of a sudden talking to me again? Is it really your life mission to confuse me this much, Mark Tuan? “And anyway, what are you doing slowing down your car like that? Isn’t that against traffic rules?”

“Ah, but I’m just worried baby Jinyoungie might be kidnapped.” Jinyoung turned to glare at Mark. He was actually expecting to see the usual teasing grin from the other boy, but found it a bit different than usual. It was like Mark was forcing himself to do this.

“Wow, thanks for the concern. Really when is the awards ceremony?” Why do you look like that? Was talking to me that repulsive to you that you felt the need to force yourself to do it?

“You know I’d do everything for Jinyoungie’s sake.” Mark replied teasingly.

“Well, you don’t need to do that anymore. I can take care of myself, alright?!” Stop it. Please stop whatever you’re doing. Stop doing anything. Stop speaking to me. I don’t want to be hurt by this feeling. Stop it before I can’t fight it any longer.

“What are you getting mad for?” Mark suddenly pulled over and that was when Jinyoung realized that they’re almost in front of his house. He almost did not gather the fact that he was clutching his fist and holding his breath as Mark got out of the car and slammed the door shut. They were standing on the opposite sides of the vehicle, but Jinyoung still felt a bit suffocated as they stared at each other. “Geez, okay. I get it. You’re not in the mood. I’m sorry.”

“What?” Did Mark Tuan just apologize to me?

“What? I know how to say sorry too, you know?” Mark gave a huff as he looked shyly at Jinyoung. “But that’s not actually the point I was getting at.”

“Then what is it?!” Please don’t look at me like that. Please. Why does every little thing that you do make me want you more and more?

“I said sorry, didn’t I? Why are you still snapping at me?” Mark ruffled his hair. “Why is talking to you so damn frustrating?”

Because I like you. Damn it. And I think I’m starting to fall even more and more as every second passes by. It’s scaring me so much. “Oh so now it’s my fault? Just get on with it, Tuan. What do you want?”

“Gosh, so annoying.” Mark huffed as he tried to compose himself. “Fine. I know you were only at the competition earlier because of school paper duties and all, but I’m actually glad you were there and wished me luck. It’s actually fun to see you guys there, you know? Even Youngjae. So I guess what I just really want to say to you is thanks.”

“Oh.” I really like you so much, Mark. I don’t know how much and I’m still trying to figure it out, but I really want to shout it out to the whole world. However, I can’t because the thought of you, liking me back is so impossible, the possibility is almost non-existent. “You’re welcome, I think? Although I thought you were really mad at me.”

“Mad? Why?” Mark asked curiously and Jinyoung loved how his eyebrows furrowed into a confused frown.

“You were acting weird since Jaebum’s party. You’re not even acting like you’re usual self.” What are we doing right now, Mark? “It kind of scared me a little bit.”

Mark snorted at that. “Ah so that’s why Youngjae was asking me all those weird questions about me being sick the other day?

“Yeah.”

“Ah,” Mark scratched his head. “I must have had a lot of things to think about because of the competition you see. So you preferred things like before then? Us bickering every now and then?”

“I guess?” Actually no, I want to be with you Mark Tuan. I want us to get to know each other once more and maybe learn to fall in love together along the way. I now realize I do not have to keep you all to myself. I want to see you free and do the things that you love and always see the brightest smile on your face, but I want to be by your side. I want to witness every good thing that’s happening to you, because your happiness is mine as well.

“So truce then?”

“Truce.”

If only you would feel the same for me.

 

Check the pictures in your camera. Look for that one photo after the team’s performance. You might find something that you like. ;)

It was a text message from Jaebum that Jinyoung received after he took a shower much later. Goddamnit, Im Jaebum if this is a crotch shot, I will kill you tomorrow. Nevertheless, Jinyoung still the fished the camera from the bag that he was using earlier and connected it in his laptop. He may or may not be curious (aka excited) if Jaebum took some interesting photos of Mark. He was still amazed though at the quality of the photos (not only Mark’s, okay?) that Jinyoung could not help, but scan them all. He was just praising Jaebum in his mind when he suddenly passed some of Mark’s photos that made his cheeks redden in embarrassment.

I will kill you Im Jaebum. He sends the texts quickly.

Jaebum’s reply came quickly. Did you see it?

I told you I don’t want crotch shots! Jinyoung replied.

Technically, you didn’t say no. You just said you hated me. :P Anyway, I’m not talking about that. I told you the ONE AFTER THE PERFORMANCE!!! >:( You better see it, I nearly missed taking it!!

Fine. Jinyoung continued to browse the photos until he finally reached the one that Jaebum was talking about. He knew that shot all too well as Jinyoung stared it. The picture was a bit blurred and looked crooked as if it was taken in a hurry, but it does not matter since it still perfectly captured Mark’s smile anyway. That smile. The one Jinyoung saw when Mark was exiting the stage.

Just then another message from Jaebum arrived:

He’s smiling at you. :)

 


End of Chapter Three!

Again, I'm really sorry for not updating sooner.

But here it is! I hope you had fun reading it. :D

Feel free to talk to me if there's anything confusing

Until next time!

P.S. Unbeta'd as usual. Heehee, but as I always promise I will edit once I get some sleep. ^^