Part 2.

Guy in the White Dress Shirt

"Jungkookie look!!! One's about to take off!" Taehyung said with child-like excitement as he pressed his face against the glass window and watched a massive Boeing 747 speed down the runway, lift up and fly.

Jungkook smiled at how entertained Taehyung looked. In a snap he turned a sulking and sad Kim Taehyung who was drained of life to his usual bubbly, hyperactive childish demeanor.

They had just arrived at the domestic airport and were already waiting in the airport lounge waiting for their flight.

After Jungkook calmed Taehyung down when he told him that they were heading to Jeju  the excited older had a freak-out resulting in him screaming gleefully and running inside the cafe, announcing to the world what an excellent boyfriend Jungkook was. But in the middle of his rant Taehyung froze;

"Wait! I can't go!" he said in despair. "I have work!"

"No you don't!" Jin yelled out. "I'm giving you the week off. So you go have a ball with your super amazing boyfriend."

 

 

Now sitting down on the longue, Taehyung squired excitedly as he watched people come in and out of the terminal and when their plane finally started boarding Jungkook had to hold his hand firmly to keep him from running into the airplane.

"Tae calm down, we'll get in don't worry." Jungkook reassured him as they held hands walking up the cue to board.

"But what if there's a build up in the runway and we get stuck in airplane traffic?" Taehyung argued.

"--uh....I don't think that's possible Tae." Jungkook said.

"Hmm...you're right, the air officers won't let that happen. The pilots might get traffic tickets!" He said resting his head on Jungkook's shoulder as they started boarding the plane.

When they were finally seated, buckled and the aircraft was finally flying Taehyung was over the moon.

It was an hour flight where Taehyung was bouncing in his seat with Jungkook smiling widely at him but when Jungkook fell silent for a bit eating Taehyung decided to take out his camera and film himself scratching Jungkook’s back to get his attention.

“~Kookie.” Taehyung sweetly said as he scooted closer and propped his phone in front of them. “Can we please take a picture?”

How can Jungkook resist those sparkling eyes looking at him expectantly?

 

 

The second they cleared off the aircraft and were walking out Taehyung suddenly drops his bag and sprints, bolting out the door and then standing by the side of the road by the green roofed waiting area and there basked I the bright sunlight with a  light breeze tousling his hair.

Jungkook was right behind him watching him as Taehyung basked in the sunlight and took everything in with his eyes sparkling brightly. He stayed still for a minute, just admiring the view and when he walked up he wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s waist and stood beside him.

“Where do you wanna go first Tae?” 

For a moment Taehyung pondered, thinking of all the places they could visit. On the flight he decided to google all the places they could visit in the island. Running through blogs and websites he found a lo of un things to do; a visit to the aquarium, a walking trail, they can visit a teddy bear museum and of course choose one of the many beaches around the island.

“Hmm...how about we get settled in first Kookie?” Taehyung suggested “I wanna see where we’re gonna be staying.”

“Okay but don’t expect much though.” Jungkook said warningly. “I mean it’s not a fancy hotel suite or anything like that so you might not enjoy it a lot”

Taehyung smiled widely. “Silly Kookie! I’d enjoy anywhere as long as I’m with you!”

That made Jungkook blush redder than his favorite beanie.

 

 

On the taxi ride over with Jungkook arm resting around Taehyung’s shoulder and the younger had told the driver where they were headed, the couple settled into a blissful silence.

Then out of the blue Taehyung suddenly spoke up;

“—wait, how did you afford this Kookie?” Taehyung asked suddenly sitting up and looking at Jungkook with curious filled eyes; “I mean you’re a student and all…how did you pay for our tickets?”

Jungkook slightly panicked, he didn’t think that Taehyung would be asking him that question. Though true that he did work for a few months at the dinner, but eh also wet to his parents and asked for some money for a supposed ‘school project’.

Hesitantly he told Taehyung of what he did and immediately the elder sized up;

“YAH! YOU DID WHAT?!” Taehyung shouted. “You scammed your folks into giving you money to take me out!?”

“Uh—yeah?”

Taehyung flicked him in the forehead. “BAD KOOKIE!!! We should go back to Seoul right now!”  

“Awwe! Why?”

“You stole from your parents!” Taehyung lectured. “That’s just wrong Kook!”

“Technically I didn’t steal…I told them its for a very important project that I can’t live without!” Jungkook replied.

“Y—Yah!” Taehyung blushed, almost swayed by the younger’s word. “N—no amount of flattery would get you out of this one!”

“Aww come on Taehyung, we’re already here!” Jungkook said. “I’ve already got everything straightened out! Besides it wasn’t a lot of money, I earned enough from working at the dinner.”

“And that’s another thing Kook! You worked!” Taehyung said. “How exhausted you must have been! I meaning made you go out on dates with me on top of you going to class and WORKING!”

Taehyung suddenly enveloped Jungkook in a tight hug, wrapping his arms around the younger’s torso.

“…my poor Kookie.” He mumbled, face pressed against Jungkook’s white shirt.     “You did all of that for me..”

“Yeah I did Tae-Tae.” Jungkook said, hugging Taehyung back and playing with his hair, not caring about the odd looks the driver was giving them through the rear-view mirror. “Exactly why we can’t go back to Seoul and waste this trip.”

Slowly Taehyung looked up at him, swayed by his words;

“F-fine…” Taehyung submitted. “B-but I’m paying for half this trip!”

Jungkook smiled at him, heart melting and butterflies fluttering, sometimes he just couldn’t help but fond at his Taehyungzz

 

 

“So uh…this is the place.” Jungkook nervously said as they walked up to where they were staying.

It’s a simple traditional one-story house Seungkwan lent them for the entire week. It was by the roadside amongst other guest lodges and residential homes far in between.

 It was the classic mud-bricked house in Jeju but was more modernized with smoothed out walls and wooden frames and newer amenities but in essence still oozed rustic and country.

Jungkook was nervous as they walked towards the house, thinking that Taehyung was expecting something along the lines of a posh hotel suite by the beach and not a simple house that needed a short drive to the nearest waterfront.

As they walked the grass lined path up to the house, Jungkook’s heart was pounding out of his chest as he nervously awaited for Taehyung reaction, who for effect seemed to have decided to keep mum, only making Jungkook sweat bullets even more.

“Does he like it?” Jungkook thought to himself as the paced closer and closer to the door, watching as Taehyung roamed his eyes around silently, as if judging the entire place with scrutinizing eyes. “Dang it he doesn’t like it! DANG IT KOOK I KNEW YOU SHOULD HAVE OPTED FOR A HOTEL!”

“Yeah if you had any money!” he chastised himself mentally, bracing for the disappointed sigh he knew would come from his boyfriend any minute now.

 And when Taehyung stopped right in front of the door Jungkook knew his boyfriend was disappointed.

“…here it comes…”

Taehyung turns to him, and without saying a word places a soft peck on his lips, then plastering a wide smile on his face.

“I love it Kook!” He cheerfully said almost bouncing up with his voice.  

“You do?”

“Yeah! It’s awesome Kookie!” Taehyung said, wrapping his arms around the younger’s neck and pressing their foreheads together. “It’s like our own little house…”

“…this guy is gonna give me a heart attack soon…” Jungkook thought as he looked into Taehyung’s deep brown orbs. “yeah…totally worth it.”

 

The couple went inside and immediately Taehyung bolted around, going into each and every room scrutinizing it and announcing everything to Jungkook.

“THERE’S A FRIDGE!”

“OH LOOK PLATES!”

“Is that a fireplace? COOL!”

“OOOOH! AN IRONING BOARD!”

“THERE’S A COUCH!”

“THERE’S A TV!!!”

“OOOOOH! THERE’S A BATHROOM TOO KOOK!!!”

Jungkook chuckled and smiled each time Taehyung pointed out the obvious as he was in the bedroom unpacking his suitcase and layout out his clothes. He was busy mulling his own with Taehyung noisy in the background when the older went into the room with a concerned look on his face.

“Uh…Kookie…” He said making the younger turn around and look at him, his tone was like a child caught doing something wrong.  

“Uh-oh…did you break anything Tae-Tae?” Jungkook asked knowing that his Taehyung was easily excited and can sometimes be prone to accidents.

“N—no…” Taehyung mumbled looking down on his feet. “It’s just that…uhm—“

“Uhm?” Jungkook trialed.

“Theresonlyonebed” Taehyung spat out quickly, face blushing red.

At first Jungkook didn’t see the problem, but as a few seconds passed by. “uh?…oh!….OH!”

For a second an awkward air builds between them. Though they have been dating for a few months now only a few times did one slept over at the other’s place, and always slept on a couch or somewhere else.  

“I—I guess I can take the couch then Tae.” Jungkook offered as went back on fixing his stuff. “You can take the room…no worries.”

“A-are you sure Kookie?” Taehyung shyly asked. “I mean you did pay for this and uh…I can take the couch instead a-and…”

“Its fine Tae don’t worry.” Jungkook smiled saying, walking over to his boyfriend and kissing his nose reassuringly. “And besides…we’d be spending more time outside than inside anyways so its cool!”

“You sure?” Taehyung mumbled, wrapping his arms around Jungkook’s waist.

“Yeah no problem…” Jungkook reassured him, kissing his nose again and making Taehyung smile. “Now what does my Kim Tae-Tae want to do?”

Taehyung looked at his watch and saw that it was already late in the afternoon. “How about we get settled in and later go out and buy some food?”

“Sounds good to me.” Jungkook said.

 

...

 

A few hours later as the sun began to set with their clothes and such placed neatly the two walked out of the house and started walking down the road with the occasional vehicle passing them by.

Overhead the sky was a masterpiece; cloudless with light crème clouds but with the darkening colors and steaks of orange painted across it was a sight to behold.  

Walking with the breeze carrying cold winds from the sea Taehyung and Jungkook walked towards the small row of shop they passed by earlier. They walked in conversation, Jungkook telling Taehyung what he had planned them to do, but he kept the schedule absolutely light, knowing that with Taehyung, there must always be room for impromptu adventures.

They made it to the stores which were like a mini-market selling all sorts of food and items the two needed. They stopped by a take-out place where they got dinner and went to a small grocer to buy some things to have ready for breakfast the next day.

“You two boys tourists huh?” the kindly elderly grocer asked them as the two here handed their purchase.

“Yes we are.” Taehyung replied with his usual gummy smile. “Just came in this morning.”

“And a couple are ya?” the grocer added with a knowing grin on his face. Taehyung seized up a bit with his face flushing red at the grocer’s question. Though they were openly dating, Taehyung was still he type to morph from his bubble and open personality to a shy blushing school girl at the drop of a hat once the topic of him and Jungkook gets brought up.

Jungkook saw this and immediately grabbed Taehyung’s hand, intertwined their fingers and smiled proudly at the grocer.

“Yeah we are!” he said proudly holding into Taehyung’s hands lovingly, making the elderly grocer smile warmly at them.

“We don’t much about that stuff around here boys don’t worry!” The grocer reassured them with a kind smile. “Enjoy your time here! You’re gonna love it!”

 

...

...