Part 3.

Guy in the White Dress Shirt

Jungkook woke up to the smell of something delicious being cooked the first morning of their stay in Jeju.

He stirred up from his slumber and the first thing he saw was the time; 5:18 AM.

“Is he up this early?” Jungkook thought as he stirred up sitting on the couch, yawning and stretching out his arms.

He looks around the room and sees that amidst the pile of messy utensils and spilled food in the kitchen was Taehyung cooking.

Jungkook walked over to the unsuspecting Taehyung who had his back Jungkook, busy whisking eggs in a bowl. Though the kitchen resembled a warzone Taehyung did have some impressive cooking skills and whatever he was cooking had its tantalizing aroma wafting all around the house.

Jungkook sat down on one of the chairs by the table, rested his head on his palms and just watched how Taehyung managed to crumple together breakfast; egg pancakes and a braised beef dish.

When Taehyung finally took the beaten egg out of the frying pan and poised to set the table, he turned around and saw Jungkook watching him with adoring eyes.

“Oh! Good morning Kookie!” he chirped happily as he skipped towards the table and planted a soft kiss on Jungkook’s cheek.  “Omo…did my noisy cooking wake you up?”

“Mmm…not really.” Jungkook mumbled.

“I swear it’s not my fault Kookie! That rice cooker doesn’t like me very much!” Taehyung complained with a pout. “I even tried singing to it already but it just won’t cooperate!”  

“It’s fine Tae. I like watching you cook breakfast anyways.” Jungkook sheepishly replied.

 

Breakfast was eaten and Jungkook helped with Taehyung clearing out his mess. Soon both were bathed and dressed ready for the day.

“So where do you want to go today?” Jungkook asked as they were walking out the house and to the road.

“Hmm…the aquarium sounds like a good idea.” Taehyung suggested,

Jungkook nodded in agreement. “Okay…but we have to drop by a car rental place first. I went around online last night and saw that its gonna be cheaper to rent a car for the week than going around in cabs and buses.”

 

“For that’ll be for six days correct?” the car rental dealer asked as Jungkook was filling in the forms.

“Yeah…any make and model would do.” Jungkook said as he signed it and handed it back to the man.

Jungkook was about to hand the man over his debit card when suddenly Taehyung beat him to it and handed over his own.

They took a cab back to the airport to the Rent-a-car dealership just by the side of the terminal.

“Charge it to this card please.” Taehyung said.

“Y-yah! What are you doing?” Jungkook asked.

“I said I’d be paying for half this vacation remember?” Taehyung says. “And of course I’m driving since I’m older.”

Jungkook was about to protest when Taehyung pulled out his puppy-dog eyes and quivering lower lip combo that absolutely was kryptonite to Jungkook.

He was so dazed that when he snapped out of it, Taehyung was already half way out the door with the rented car keys in his hands.

Slipping into the passenger seat with Taehyung behind the wheel, Jungkook can literally see the excitement glimmer in Taehyung’s eyes as he put the address of their next destination in the GPS.

“So where are we—“

“FISHIE TIME KOOKIE~EEE!!!!”

 

...

 

 “Taehyung-ah! Don’t run!” Jungkook said running after Taehyung who sprinted out of the car the moment he parked at the aquarium. He was in such a hurry that he left the car keys in the ignition and forgot to pull on the parking breaks.

 

When he made it up to Taehyung the other was literally a bouncing ball of excitement standing in line to buy tickets, forgetting the fact that they already booked online the night before.

“Taehyung what are you doing?” Jungkook asked as Taehyung stood in line. “We already have our tickets on our phones remember?”

With that in mind the two headed into the entrance on what would be an exciting day.

 

“THAT WAS THE BEST DOLPHIN SHOW EVER KOOKIEEE!!!”

This was the fourth time in the last few minutes Taehyung said this as the two wear already driving out of the aquarium and heading over to their next destination.

It was already late in the afternoon when the two left the aquarium with Taehyung exhausted so much that Jungkook had to take the wheel.

The whole day was spent ogling and towering tanks filled with astonishing marine life like huge killer whales, brightly colorful schools of tiny fish, dangerous sharks and the majestic  looking manta rays. And since the aquarium had interactive displays that were meant for children, Taehyung had a ball all day long running from one end of the water tank tunnel to another while Jungkook ran after.

They had lunch inside and Taehyung couldn’t stop laughing at the fact that some of the stalls were selling fried fish.

Just watching the amazement and joy filter through Taehyung was enough to fill Jungkook’s heart warm to the brim. Each time the other would ‘ooh’ and ‘ahh’ at a tank or ogle at one of the display monitors his heart melts into a puddle.

Adding the fact that all day their hands were intertwined, not having a care in the world.

“…and that part when that one dolphin flew! Oh Kookie it was awesome!!!” Taehyung said with childlike wonder, his hands extenuating his excitement. “This was the best day ever Kook!”

“Really? Isn’t it a bit too early for you to say that?” Jungkook asked. “I mean its only our second day here and we’ve only been to one place.”

“Hmm…” Taehyung said in deep thought. “Maybe you’re right.”

Jungkook smiled, focusing back on the road.

“Well any day is the best when I have you around so it doesn’t matter.”

Jungkook almost fainted and drove them in an accident when his heart thumped out of his chest when Taehyung said those words.

 

 

They didn’t drive home just yet and instead opted to visit a famous night market on the island that also had food stalls that bloggers and travelers raved on about.

Browsing though stall after stall of food, produce, knick knacks, locally made products, shirts and whatnots. They tried on a couple of traditional outfits, joked around aimless toys, tasted a few samples and took dozens of photos that they half-maxed the memory on Taehyung’s phone.

But in the midst of their strolling, a couple of girls started following them around and when the couple finally noticed them the girls swooped in.

“Omo! Aren’t you the barista from Boy-Scouts?” one of them asked giddily. “The one that got featured in that show on TV?”

“Yah he totally is!” Another screamed.

“He’s so handsome!”

“Too cute!”

“Can we take a picture?”

"Maybe this dude can take a picture for us?" one of the girls rudely said.

“Hey buddy can you take our photo?” one of them said to Jungkook shoving her phone to Jungkook and posing a tad too close to Taehyung for Jungkook’s liking. With a frown he told them to smile widely for the camera, peering through the lens and seeing the girl way too close to his beloved Taehyung.

 

For the rest of the evening Jungkook was oddly reserved, though he still responded to Taehyung, smiling and responding when needed, Taehyung noticed the slight aloofness to the younger. After the meal and another round of looking around the night market the couple decided to call it a night and when Taehyung heard the tone of Jungkook’s voice, he decided to speak up.

“Kookie…is something wrong?”                 Taehyung stammered out seeing a dying glint against Jungkook’s eyes.

“N-nothing wrong’s Tae…I’m just kinda tired…” Jungkook breathed out,

“I can see something’s wrong Kookie.” Taehyung said adamantly. “Please tell me what it is Kook…was it the aquarium? Do you secretly hate fish? Oh was it the seafood we ate?! Omo Kookie! Are you allergic to ocean food?”  

“No it’s not that Tae—it was just those girls a little while back…” Jungkook said, lowering his head in embarrassment knowing how childish he was acting. “They uh—“

But he didn’t get to finish his words when he felt Taehyung’s hand warp around his own and feel his hand being lifted up. He follows his hand and there sees Taehyung plant a kiss on his hand, making him blush all over.

“T-Tae…”

Taehyung looked at him as if he did nothing out of the ordinary.

“What? Can’t I hold my boyfriend’s hand?” Taehyung said obliviously, not giving a care in the world as he led Jungkook back to the car, knowingly passing by the group of girls they encountered earlier.

“T-Taehyungie…people are staring at us.” Jungkook stated, seeing the sideways glances and the hushed tones people around the night market threw their way.

“So? We get stares all the time Kookie…even if we’re alone. Aren’t you used to it by now?” Taehyung teased, though truth be told both being handsome that does tend to happen to them at least twice a day.

“At least now they’re staring because they know that you’re my boyfriend!” Taehyung squeaked with a bright smile on his face, enough to chase the dark cloud that was hovering over Jungkook away.

 

...

 

The next morning they headed off to a folk village.

It was a quaint little place with straw-thatched roofs and simple mud walls showing what life was like back in the olden days. They slipped pass old streets and quiet alleyways looking inside the houses and seeing period furniture and objects fitting the scene. The sun wasn’t shinning too hot with heavy looking clouds dotting the horizon making the tour pleasantly cool.

It took them most of the morning and at around noon they were ushered by their guide into one of the houses where a lunch was laid out in front of them, along with the other people in their tour-group.

That afternoon they were taking a stroll on one of the Olle walking trails, long, stretching trails of open walk ways with not another person in sight, leaving them on their own as they took the walk hand in hand and each time Jungkook would feel his hand slipping from Taehyung, the other would just tighten his hold, bring the hand up and kiss it, making Jungkook a blushing mess.

But then a light drizzle came over them, making them stop.

“It’s rain—“ Jungkook started but was cut off when the downpour got harder. He tugged on Taehyung and they started to run, trying to hide from the rain but soon they were already drenched.

They kept running for a bit until Taehyung stopped, pulling Jungkook with him.

“Taehyung! Come on! We’re gonna get wet!” Jungkook urged trying to tug on Taehyung sleeve.

“But we’re already drenched Kook.” Taehyung said smiling, eyes slightly squinting from the pour of the rain.

“-but…”

Taehyung grabbed hold of Jungkook’s hand, laced their fingers together. He just stood there with his eyes beaming brightly and his box shaped smile looking at Jungkook with adoration.

“Wanna walk in the rain with me Kook?”

Jungkook's heart almost leaped out of his chest. 

 

They managed to make it back to the car absolutely drenched half an hour later and soon Jungkook was driving them back to their house, but not before stopping by the nearby shops to grab some food for the night.

“You boys best get home…” The older store clerk urged, interrupted by the two from closing up. “Rains like this can last all night!”

And so the couple did, after paying for their purchase Jungkook drove them back to the house where thankfully they were already inside when the downpour got harder and stronger with the occasional gust of strong wind sweeping through.

They took turns taking a shower, with Jungkook going first. The thought of sharing the shower did cross both their minds but neither of them spoke up about it.

When Taehyung finished Jungkook was already on the couch watching TV. Taehyung got dressed in a loose white shirt and a pair of boxers and headed off to the living room to join Jungkook.

Jungkook was seated in the middle and moved a bit to the side when he saw Taehyung approaching, he moved to the side to give Taehyung some room. Taehyung sat down beside Jungkook, immediately resting his head on Jungkook’s shoulder and sighing contentedly.

“You used my shampoo didn’t you Tae-Tae?” Jungkook asked, smelling his shampoo on Taehyung’s still damp air.

“No I didn’t Kook!” Taehyung defended. “Your shampoo made me do it! It smelled so nice so I gave it a try!”

Jungkook just smiled, he didn’t mind.

 

Dinner came and went but the rain outside still poured on and now, with the addition of the intermittent flashes of lightning and the boom of thunder.  The two headed off to bed with Jungkook on the couch and Taehyung on the bed.

The younger was fast asleep but Taehyung was kept awake by the flashes of light and the crackling boom of thunder outside.

When one particular crack of lightning flashed outside, Taehyung jumped to his feet deathly afraid, he waddled over to Jungkook and shook the younger awake.

“K—kook…” Taehyung mumbled out, gently waking up the younger.  

“Mhmm…Taehyung-ah?” Jungkook croaked out half asleep, seeing Taehyung stand over him. “W-what’s wrong?”

“C-can you sleep b-beside me tonight Kook?” Taehyung whispered, jolted by the crashing sounds of thunder outside.

“Sure…no worries Taehyung-ah.” Jungkook replied, standing up and grabbing his pillow with him.

Jungkook knows Taehyung’s absolute fear of lightning and thunder. Immediately he stood up and allowed Taehyung to lead him hand in hand to the bed. There Taehyung laid back down on his place with Jungkook now laying down next to him.

But still each time the boom outside would strike, Taehyung would still shudder in fright, each time jolting Jungkook awake. And when It kept going on, Jungkook decided to act.

He scooted closer to Taehyung, wrapping his arms around him and tugging to make Taehyung flop to his back and then face him.

“J-Jungkook—“ Taehyung squeaked in surprise, but was cut off when Jungkook pulled him close and wrapped him in his embrace.

“Shh…sleep now Tae-Tae…don’t worry, I’m here.” Jungkook reassured him, resting his arms around Taehyung in a comfortable embrace.

Taehyung didn’t reply, rather he just laid there and felt Jungkook’s faint heartbeat, feeling his warmth while he laid right beside him and slowly, Taehyung started to drift asleep, not noticing that his own hands were already around his Jungkook.