Part. 4.

Guy in the White Dress Shirt

“Why won’t you tell me where we’re going Kookie?” Taehyung questioned on after Jungkook has been driving for half an hour.

“It’s a surprise Taehyung—oh, we’re here!”  Jungkook exclaimed when they made up to the tourist complex he was heading at and saw the sign that pointed towards his intended destination.

“T-E-D-D-Y-B-E-A-R-P-A-R-K…” Taehyung read the english sign slowly and over and over again until he finally made sense to him. “OMO! TEDDYBEAR PARK!!!”

That started an entire morning of Taehyung absolutely dying inside the intimately spaced exhibit filled with teddy bears dressed in all sorts of outfits and formed in different situations, taking loads of pictures with Jungkook all the way. He even had a mental dilemma when he was in the gift shop, deciding on whether to buy a bride and groom teddybear set or an astronaut themed pair.  Jungkook solved this saying that he’d buy the other so Taehyung could have both.

That earned him a kiss in the cheek making the girl at the cash register blush for them.

 

...

 

Lunch succeeded in two things;

One to fill their bellies with delicious sea food that Taehyung had been crying for over the past few days.

Two, it made Taehyung want to jump right into the ocean from their sea-side table. Jungkook promised them that tomorrow would be a day spent in the beach and the beach alone ensuring Taehyung his fair share.

Since they had the rest of the day free the couple decided to try and cook a decent dinner for themselves and went over to a local wet market.

“Ajumma! How much for a pound of mud eel?” Taehyung asked continuing his streak of haggling with the elderly ladies in the market.

Thanks to their good looks and charm the pair was almost able to get away with successfully haggling prices almost half by flashing a smile or playing off Taehyung’s infectious cute-card that has a one hundred percent success rate.

“Aigoo…fine! For you two fine looking men I’ll give it to you half-price!” The elderly woman swooned.

 

...

 

Now tucked inside their apartment the two had Jungkook’s tablet on the table following what should be an easy guide recipe video on how to make this local eel and clam dish.

“Cut the head off the eels and skin the fish…” says the flimsy looking girl in the video but she quickly turned into a cleaver-ace when he brought that heavy knife down on the eel and chopped its head clean off.  

“WHAT?! NO! I don’t want to decapitate the eels!” Taehyung wailed, hitting pause on the video.

“But  we have to follow the instructions on how to cook it and—“

“NO KOOKIE! We have a fair and efficient judicial system that should try and convict this eel of any wrong doing before I become executioner and take his head off!” Taehyung lectured in character.  

“Uh Tae I don’t think you can take an eel to court” Jungkook surmised. “He won’t survive on the witness stand…”

“You’re right” Taehyung admitted with his shoulders slumping down. “Besides I don’t think all judges speak eel anyways…”

 

Giving up on the mater they just kept the eels on a water barrel and planned to release them the next morning at the beach. The couple ended up eating instant ramen and rice for dinner.

Dinner passed and when it was time to get ready for bed with Jungkook getting ready for the couch when Taehyung approached him and hugged him from behind, resting his neck on Jungkook’s shoulders.

“Oh? What is it Tae?” Jungkook asked.  “Anything wrong?”

“Mm—you gonna sleep on the couch tonight Kookie?” Taehyung shyly asked.

“Uh yeah…” Jungkook responded. “Why?”

“It’s just that…uhm” Taehyung mumbled into Jungkook’s shirt. “—it might rain again tonight and the…lightning.”

Jungkook smiled as he turned around and made Taehyung look at him eye-to-eye.

“Taehyung-ah…do you want me to sleep beside you tonight?” Jungkook offered, watching the blush creep around Taehyung’s cheeks and his eyes avoid looking right at him.

Taehyung could only nod and by the time they had turned the lights off the two were already in bed, Taehyung’s arms wrapped around Jungkook with the younger facing him.

The last thing they saw that day was each other.

 

...

 

“—Tae—TAEHYUNG! Wait up!”

But the ball of energy that is Kim Taehyung couldn’t be controlled the second Jungkook pulled the car into neutral just outside one of the most popular beaches in Jeju.

The couple drove out of their house early in the morning for their fifth day in Jeju much to Taehyung’s insistence. They stopped by a rocky side of the shore to release the eels they didn’t have for dinner the night before with Taehyung narrating the eels crawl to the sea.

And when they finally reached the bright, sunny, sandy shores of the beach, there was absolutely no stopping Taehyung from running to the water; leaving Jungkook back at the car with all their stuff.

When Jungkook had gotten their cooler, umbrella, folding chairs and other necessities in place Taehyung was already missing one of his flip-flips and his sunglasses already broken and they’ve only been there for half-an-hour.

Taehyung waddled over to him like a little child and collapsed on the chair underneath the umbrella exhausted. The pair were only wearing board shorts with Taehyung covered with Jungkook’s white button down shirt that he borrowed for the day. 

“Tsk-tsk…you forgot to put on sun block didn’t you?” Jungkook asked seeing the slight tinge in Taehyung’s skin. He walked over, made Taehyung take his shirt off and like a mother slathered sun block all over him.

“Y—yah! I’m the older one here! I’ll do it!” Taehyung said, slightly embarrassed that his younger boyfriend was coddling him like a child. “I—I’ll put it on!”

Jungkook didn’t listen and finished putting it on Taehyung, lending him a spare pair of sunglasses (because he knew that the other was bound to break his own) and let him run off, walking lazily behind him.  The pair decided to scope out the beach first and so a lazy walk from end to end while chatting away was their first activity. Passing by dozens of other beach goers the two walked lazily by.

The morning was beautiful with the sun shining brightly with the sea tempting the two to just dive in. Most of their time during the morning was spent in the water playing, splashing water at each other, wresting playfully, and underwater contests and with Taehyung acting very clingy towards Jungkook.

Jungkook noticed this but didn’t say a word (frankly because he was enjoying it) and instead reciprocated with the cuddling touches and skin ship here and there. 

Their day went on lovingly like this; with building sandcastles to having their convenience store lunch to heading back in the water or with the quick rest the two took underneath the shade of their umbrella with Taehyung’s arm used as Jungkook’s pillow as the younger took a nap.

When Jungkook woke up Taehyung was reading something on his phone and for a few silent minutes of nothing but the waves crashing by sea, again Jungkook just laid there and watched Taehyung.

Taehyung noticed Jungkook just staring at him and spoke up;

“…I’m used to people staring at me every day but I’m kinda off when you’re the one staring at me Kookie…” he said.

“Why is that?” Jungkook sheepishly asked with sleep still hazing his voice.

“Because I don’t usually have  feelings for those people…” Taehyung blatantly admitted, smiling down on the doe-eyed Jungkook. He gave the younger’s lips a soft peck before continuing;

“…besides most of them aren’t as handsome as you.”

This time it was Jungkook’s turn to blush, only making Taehyung like him even more.

 

...

 

The afternoon rolled by with ice-pops in hand and sweet cherry pop flavored kissed passed between the two. And when light began to dwindle and the skies darken in the late afternoon the couple decided that their day at the beach has ended.

They packed up and were driving back when Jungkook noticed Taehyung’s mood dropped. At first he thought it was from exhaustion but when he glanced over and saw him just looking outside expressionless and blank; he knew something was off.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked with Taehyung lazily looking at him with glassy eyes.

“Y—yeah…” Taehyung replied sullenly, obviously not meaning what he said.

“No you’re not Taehyung…” Jungkook responds, hearing the sadness in Taehyung’s voice. “What’s wrong?”

“N—nothing…” Taehyung trails. “It’s nothing, maybe I’m just tired and…it’s nothing really.”

Jungkook isn’t buying it. Quickly he drove the car to the side of the road and parked by the edge of a cliff, overlooking a sun casting down on the distance.

He turned to Taehyung who had his head hanging low and with the softest touch, lifted his chin and made their eyes meet.

“Tell me baby…” he whispered worriedly.

Taehyung took a deep breath and shakily spoke out;

“I—it’s just that…I’m happy.” Taehyung said emotionally.

“Huh?” Jungkook asked confused. “T—then why are you sad?”

“I—I’ve never been this happy before.” Taehyung admits as he looks at Jungkook’s eyes. “I’ve never been this happy I’ve never gone to the beach with someone I like before. I’ve never had a vacation like this before. Heck Kookie I’ve never even been on an airplane before!”

“And I’m afraid…”

“Afraid of what?”

“Afraid that this would be the first…and last time I’ll ever be this happy…ever  and—“

He didn’t get to finish as Jungkook got out of the car, walked over to his side, opened the door and pulled him out.

“Do you see the sunset Tae?” Jungkook asked, pointing at the horizon. “Do you see how beautiful it is?”

“Everytime you see a sunset it’s beautiful. You could have seen hundreds before it but each time its still incredible…Taehyung that’s how I feel like when I see you. Every time I see you my heart skips a beat, butterflies in my stomach, my brain goes haywire! Every time!”

“J—Jungkook…”

“I can’t promise to bring you to crazy places all the time Taehyung…” Jungkook said. “But I can…and will make sure that each time I see you…each time I hold you…I will try to make you as happy as you are now!”

Jungkook pulled him in close for a breathtaking kiss, one that would definitely be remembered.

They basked in each other for a few moments before they pulled back and were just standing there, looking at each other.

Nothing else was said after that. No more fears for Taehyung and no more worries for Jungkook.  

They both got into the car and drove back to their house.

That night, again wrapped in each other’s arms they closed their eyes; seeing each other last as they capped off the day. 


FIN