Part 1.

Guy in the White Dress Shirt

"Aren't pineapples cool Jungkookie?"

It was early in the summer when Jungkook and Taehyung were walking around a park when Taehyung suddenly blurted out something about pineapples.

"Hmm?" Jungkook asked as he looked over at Taehyung and the second his eyes glanced at Taehyung, his breath was taken away.

It was early in the afternoon and the sun still shined brightly above them, casting beautiful rays of golden light, bathing Taehyung in brightened bliss.

“I mean they’re awesome! So yellow and sweet and they have eyes all over!” Taehyung cutely said. “Omo! What if they can see us eating other pineapples and start a pineapple revolution—“

"Uh..." Jungkook mumbled his mind left wracked by Taehyung's appearance and when the other cocked his head to the side and looked at him with eyes of curiosity he just couldn't help it but blurt out the first thing that came to mind.

"...you're so cute Tae."

This has been how the past few months have been since their fantastic Valentines date and their first kiss. Of course everyone at the cafe found out that they had their kiss that night and immediately exploded with cheering and teasing for the new couple. Since then it was nothing but adorable smiles, sweet text messages and romantic dates between the two of them, adding of course a dash of Taehyung's totally random statements.

Taehyung immediately was silenced by Jungkook’s words as a pink blush crept into his face and he just couldn’t help but smile and lace his hands around Jungkook’s as they enjoyed their afternoon walk.

 

 

Everything is all lollipops and rainbows but when the full swing of summer came Taehyung started to look melancholic.

Today he was resting his head on his hands as he was bent over the counter looking through the cafe door at the bright sunshine outside and sighing deeply.

The cafe had its usual patrons plus a few at this hour at an hour past noon and most of them were sipping the iced drinks special to the season crafted by Jimin and Hoseok with a little help from their part-timer Mingyu.

The cafe has been busier than before after they got featured in dozens of blogs and even making a splash on local magazines making Jin and Namjoon hire the team that helped out during Valentine’s day as part-timers. Jeonghan since then has gotten his hair cut slightly shorter and dyed back causing Taehyung to rupture a artery the second Jeonghan walked in. It took them an hour of consoling him and convincing Taehyung that it was genuinely Jeonghan and not an alien who probed  Jeonghan's body and controls him telepathically.

"...okay, but the second crop circles pop up next door, his skin turns green or begins to do that beep-bop thing Mr. Krabs did in that SpongeBob episode I'm calling the ghost busters!"

Now with him slumped down Jin in the corner eyes him worriedly with Yoongi taking a break sipping a coke beside him.

"Is it that time of year again?" Yoongi asked using the of his bottle to point to Taehyung. "He having the summer blues again?"

"Looks like..." Jin breathed out. "Oh my poor Tae-Tae."

"It'll be okay though...just give him the usual vacation week and he'll be good in no time."

Yoongi was right each year since Taehyung moved from the country in Daegu to attend university at the big city and ended up working at the cafe, there is a specific time each year where he longs for the crisp salty air of the sea, the soothing sounds of the rolling waves and the ticklish feel of the sand underneath his toes, but for a few years now he wasn't able to go be it for one reason for another.

And by all accounts of Taehyung's droopy eyes and slugging demeanor, with the longing gaze in his eyes the two were dead on. Back then they would just have to endure a sluggish Taehyung for a few weeks with even the slightest mention of the beach and the ocean upsetting him into a pouting frenzy. Thankfully someone else was aware of this phenomena and already had the proper remedy all taken care of.

 

 

"You sure dude?" Jungkook asked hesitantly.

"Yeah totally!" a shorter, younger brown haired male replied with a distinctive note to his accent. “My folks said that the place has no renters for around a week so you guys can stay there."

A gleeful smile crept in his face

"A full week? That's awesome!" Jungkook exclaimed. "But how much would I owe you then?"

"Not a thing bro, no worries I've got you covered!" The other said proudly. "As long as you tidy up the place after you guys use it we're all good!"

Jungkook's eyes lit up and broke into a full beaming smile.

"SEUNGKWAN DUDE! THANKS SO MUCH!" He exclaimed loudly, forgetting that they were actually at the dinner he was part time working at.

After he apologized to the customers and got his friend; Seungkwan  some breakfast courtesy of him as a sign of gratitude.

For a few months now Jungkook has been secretly working a few days a week in this dinner near his university to earn some extra money for a surprise he wanted to pull, and with the news that he had just received from Seungkwan  he's now able to put the final touches on it.

 

 

"Taehyungie! Come outside for a sec!" Jin called out from the front of the store with a hint of excitement in his tone.

Lethargically Taehyung moved out from the back where he was taking a short break.

"What's up hyung?" Taehyung breathed out rather sheepishly to Jin smiling brightly at him.

"I think someone is looking for you outside." Jin grinned and pointed outside. There in the curb was a familiar figure wearing his bright red beanie that he can recognize a mile away.

"Oh...Kookie?" Taehyung asked as he walked up to the younger who was wearing a white pressed shirt and his signature red beanie. Beside him were two trolley suitcases and travel bags. Taehyung immediately took notice of this and his eyes grew wide. "Omo! Are you going out on a trip?"

Jungkook his lips, unable to hide the smile forming. "Hmm...maybe?"

"YAH! Why didn't you tell me!" Taehyung whinnied with a pout.

"Because it was a surprise Taehyung!" Jungkook grinned, holding out two plane tickets and handing one to Taehyung.

"YOU'RE GOING TO JEJU?!" Taehyung exploded, a tinge of jealousy in his voice. "YAH! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME! AND WHY DID YOU BUY TWO TICKETS?! You're not fat Kookie...you'll fit in one seat.."

Jungkook burst out laughing which Taehyung didn't really understand why, or appriciate.

"Ugh! Why are you laughing?! Are you making me jealous that you're going to Jeju and I'm not and--"

Jungkook walked closer to Taehyung and gripped his shoulders tightly.

"Kim Taehyung..." He said with all seriousness but with a light smile on his face;

 

"Would you like to go to Jeju with me?"