Psychometry [2/5]

Psychometry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon woke up when she felt the sun shining down on her. She sat up and stretched on her sofa bed. Her head started aching from the amount of coffee she drank yesterday making her groan and she massaged her temples. She stood up and went to fold the sofa bed, turning it into a sofa again. She folded her blanket and kept her it inside the wardrobe, together with her pillow. She stretched her neck as she went over to the fridge to get some painkillers for her throbbing head.

 She put one tablet in before swallowing it with the water she poured herself beforehand. She changed into a pair of tights and long sleeve jogging tights before going down to the park to have her normal jog. She’d always jog after she wakes up. It’s just a routine. Even if she were to wake up at dawn, she’d still jog. It helps her think better. 

After 20 minutes of jogging, she went back to her apartment and saw a man lingering outside her door. It was a one-sided corridor, so there was nobody living opposite her. Only beside her. She frowned and took out her earpiece. She looked at the time and it was near 2 p.m.

“Can I help you?” Jiyeon asked as she neared her door. The man noticed her and widened his eyes. Jiyeon eyed him up and down, before looking back up at his eyes questioningly. He was wearing a vintage leather jacket with a grey t-shirt underneath, paired with just a normal pair of denim blue jeans.

“Yes. I’m Jin, a detective from the National Korean Police Agency. I’m here to ask you about your most recent web comic.” Jin said and gave her a short bow to which Jiyeon did not return. She just looked at him, feeling a sense of familiarity but couldn’t be bothered to dwell upon it.

“Miss Park?” Jin called out, snapping Jiyeon out of her own reverie. Jiyeon didn’t respond to him and just went to click on her passcode to her apartment.

“Excuse me?” Jin called out again, attempting to touch her shoulder to which Jiyeon saw, making her slap his hand away, shocking him.

“Do not touch me.” She said, giving him short glare, before opening her door. Jin was taken aback by her attitude. “We need to talk about your web comic. If not, I’d be forced to bring an arrest warrant.” Jin said, trying to be as calm as possible. He wanted to talk back to her, but he knew that it wouldn’t be wise. Jiyeon tilted her head to give him a glance.

“Come in.” Jiyeon simply said, her tone less feisty. Jin let out a sigh of relief in his head before entering the apartment. It was clean. It was mainly white, except for the desk, the sofa, the dining table and the kitchen counter. Which were black. “Take a seat on the sofa.” Jiyeon said, going to the counter to prepare some drinks for the both of them.

Jin did what he was told and just sat down patiently. Jiyeon made 2 cups of coffee and put them down on the table. “How did you know I like coffee?” Jin asked, surprised. Jiyeon blinked.

“I don’t have anything else besides coffee and just water. Besides, Korean adults like coffee, so I just assumed.” Jiyeon simply replied, sitting at the other end of the sofa. “What is it do you want to ask?” Jiyeon asked, folding her arms across her chest as she leaned against the backrest of the sofa. Jin nodded, putting the coffee down after taking a sip.

“It has come to our attention that you publish comics based on real life crime scenes. It’s not a problem to do that, but the most recent crime scene had become a hot topic among everyone. Even the netizens themselves. How did you find out about the suitcase 2 weeks before it was found by us? You even knew the content inside the suitcase.” Jin started, bending down and resting his elbows on his thighs, his hands interlocked.

He looked at Jiyeon who was looking at him. He was looking for any trace of emotion that could make her a suspect but he saw nothing. Literally nothing. It was like she was a walking doll with no particular emotions in her eyes. “Like what I’ve told my editor. It could be possible that the man who placed the suitcase there, was inspired by my comic and decided to put them into action.” Jiyeon simply said, picking up her own cup of coffee. She was frighteningly calm and collected.

“But the suitcase was placed there a little over 2 weeks. A day before you published your web comic.” Jin said and Jiyeon nodded after taking a sip of coffee.

“So, you’re suspecting me?” Jiyeon asked bluntly and Jin was definitely appalled by how cool-headed she was being. Normally, people would be bewildered but she looked calm, and even asked him directly about being a suspect. It was the first time he encountered this type of person and he didn’t know how to feel about it.

“Well, not exactly suspecting. But I would appreciate it if you were to tell me how you knew about those things beforehand? You weren’t present in any of the CCTV cameras either, so you’re definitely not anywhere near the crime scene.” Jin said and Jiyeon nodded understandingly. Believe it or not, she expected this day. When a detective comes to her door and questioning her about her web comic. She would too if she was a detective.

“So, you want to know what inspired me to write my comic?” Jiyeon asked and Jin nodded. Jiyeon lips twitched and gestured him to follow her. Jin bit his tongue to prevent himself from asking unnecessary questions. Jiyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter