Psychometry [3/5]

Psychometry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well? How do you explain these? Not only these but all your comics managed to depict the crimes perfectly. And how did you know about the cleaner being bribed even before we looked into it?” Jin asked, calmly showing Jiyeon the pictures but she knew he was going to start screaming in her face soon. It had been almost 5 hours since she was here, in the interrogation room and she didn’t even say a word. The detectives before Jin did screamed in Jiyeon’s face but she wouldn’t even budge.

She was even handcuffed to the table, so she was basically stuck.

“Come on. You have to say something so that I can help you.” Jin said tiredly. He had barely slept because of the case. When Jiyeon uploaded the second episode, telling the readers where the other body parts were, both the chief and Jin had decided to go to where it was. True to the web comic, it was there. Even the head. All of them either being wrapped in a plastic, placed in a box or in a small suitcase. It was all exactly where Jiyeon drew them to be.

“I have already said everything that day, on the rooftop. What else is there to say?” Jiyeon said calmly. Her tone giving out nothing. Jin let out a tired sigh and leaned against the backrest of the chair. “Fine then. Touch this ring and tell me what you see, since you’re so keened into making us believe that you can look into the past of an object.” Jin said, placing a zip-lock bag on the table with a ring in it.

“This belonged to one of the victims. There were a total of 12 different body parts found, with some still missing. But there were 3 different identities. If you don’t help us, there will be more of these victims.” Jin said, leaning towards the table and putting his arms on the table. Jiyeon looked at the ring, afraid of the things she was told to see. She had never seen someone being murdered before. Sure, she had witnessed violence, but not bad enough that resulted in murder. 

But she doesn’t know what history the ring was going to show her. She was now genuinely afraid of her ability. About how far in the past the ability was going to bring her. 

“Jiyeon?” Jin called out and Jiyeon looked up at Jin with slightly watered eyes. Jin was surprised. This was the first reaction they got from her throughout these 5 hours. “What’s wrong?” Jin asked, his voice softer. Trying to calm whatever internal turmoil Jiyeon was having.

“This ability I have. You have no idea how painful it is for me when I use it, and yet you’re asking me to look into this ring’s history, not knowing what it’ll hold and not knowing what it would do to me.” Jiyeon said, looking at Jin in the eyes. Guilt was slowly eating Jin up. He saw what it physically does to Jiyeon’s body. Jin was torn between his job and the pain he was going to make Jiyeon go through.

Jiyeon took the zip-lock bag and opened it up before Jin could even utter a single word. He looked at Jiyeon, shocked. Jiyeon took out her gloves and put the ring in her palm of the hand that she was handcuffed, clenching her fist. Flashes of images started playing in her mind. The face of the murderer suddenly became vivid. The laughter of his voice. 

The screams of the owner of this ring, and the murderer’s sinister smile. She heard them clearly and saw them clearly. The screams stopped and soon she could feel herself being thrown into a huge freezer that was filled with frozen meat. She could hear someone screaming and shouting for her to wake up. She could feel someone shaking her but she couldn’t open her eyes as the scene continued playing in her mind.

It felt like she was into this memories, trapped and not able to get out. She saw how the butcher cut the woman up mercilessly. As if enjoying the sound and the sight of it.

The last thing she saw was the dark sky and name of the butcher stall, the finger dangling from the luggage but nobody seemed to be present to witness this. 

Jin saw how much Jiyeon struggled. Blood was flowing from her nose and ears and he tried shaking Jiyeon awake but it was futile. He tried to pry her hand open, to get the ring out but her grip was strong. Her fingernails were digging into the skin of her palm.

“Jiyeon!” Jin called out again, after successfully prying her hand open, letting the ring drop on the cement floor with a clinging sound. Jiyeon was panting heavily and she was barely conscious. Jin hugged her, being careful so that they wouldn’t have any skin contact.

“What the hell happened?!” Jungkook rushed into the interrogation room with wide eyes. “Get these cuffs off. We need to get her to the hospital.” Jin said and Jungkook nodded. He took off the cuffs and Jin straightaway carried her bridal style, and brought her to the hospital with his car.

Jiyeon woke up, her whole body feeling as if she just went for a 10KM run with no break whatsoever. Her head was throbbing so hard that she wanted to cry but she bit her low lip to prevent the cry from leaving her lips. “Hey, how are you feeling?” Jin asked, looking at her worriedly. Jiyeon turned to look at him when she heard his voice.

“Like .” Jiyeon muttered under her breath and Jin frowned at her choice of words but didn’t comment on it. He had no rights to after making her go through that. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter