Chapter 94

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

That night...

Donghae's POV

Eunhyuk passed by me, and his smell hit the very nerves of my nose. "Let me guess, you're going out," I mumbled. "How'd you know?" he asked as he fixed his hair.

"Your perfume is so strong," I covered my nose. "Girls go crazy with this perfume," he replied. "You, are you going somewhere tonight?" "No," I slumped back on the bed. "Why don't you come with me? It'll be fun," he suggested. "I don't think so. It's noisy," I blew on my bangs.

"You've been hanging out so much with Min Yu that you talk like her already. Come on, there'll be a lot of girls out there. We'll just have fun," he insisted. I sat up and pondered with the idea for a while.

"No drinking," I reminded and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and got dressed. We both headed out to a club, and people recognized us as soon as we walked in. The blaring music drowned everything else out. When I got inside, Eunhyuk was already nowhere to be seen.

I went over to the bar and sat on an empty stool. "Iced tea please," I motioned to the bartender. He seemed surprise at my order, but I didn't mind. "Nice drink," someone said beside me.

I turned around and saw a girl. "I'm under aged," I replied. She snickered, and took a seat. She was younger than me, probably in her early twenties. She was wearing a simple dress that went above her knees. "Do your parents know you're here?" she teased.

"No. But I have to be home before my curfew time," I said. She giggled, and I smiled. "I'm Hyun Soo...that's what it says so on my birth certificate," she held her hand out.

"Lee Donghae," I shook her hand. I emptied my glass and gestured to the busy bartender to give me another one. "Tell me, what does an international idol doing here, drinking iced tea in a night club?" she asked.

"My friend dragged me here," I said. Something in my face might have given me away, because she said, "It's a girl isn't it?" and eyed me suspiciously. I emptied my glass again and just gave a shrug. "I'm not expecting you to reveal anything. We just met so..." I looked at her.

She was kinda smart and funny. She probably has a well-paying job, and lives on her own. She was interesting. If Eunhyuk was with me, he'd probably tell me to ask for her number.

"She doesn't like to be called a girl. If she was here, she'd give you a death glare," I smiled just remembering how she used to smack my head and I'd pretend it was painful.

"She's my best friend. She's also my mother...she's naggy, but also caring. I liked her, but things...things were complicated," I sighed. "She doesn't know it?" she asked. "Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't," I shrugged.

I asked the bartender for another glass of iced tea, my 4th for the night. "Then what's the big deal?" she asked. "She's younger. Way too young," I answered and calculated in my head. 11 years.

11 long years. She snorted. "My parents have a 10-year . Now, they've been married for 30 years, and they're traveling from country to country together," she said. What she has said gave me a spark of hope deep inside, but that jolt of electricity didn't move me enough.

"She has a boyfriend," I said.

"She has a boyfriend, but they're having troubles. She tells me all that's running through her head, their happy moments together, their problems, everything she wants to talk to me about. If I was some other guy, I would've rejoiced and danced around. And I would take that chance to be with her. I would have bad-mouthed her boyfriend, told her she was better off with me."

"But you didn't," she said. I nodded. "I didn't." "Time has its ways. Someday, the right moment would come. And I wish you all the luck," she smiled. The bartender returned, but I didn't ask for another refill. "Vodka," Hyun Soo told the bartender. I was about to ask for her number, but decided not to.

Min Yu's POV

I knocked on the door that early Sunday morning. Siwon opened the door slowly. I obviously woke him up from his sleep, what with his hair sticking out in all directions and his husky, deep voice.

"Is Donghae there?" I asked. He nodded and let me in. "Do you want anything?" he asked. "No thanks. Just go back to sleep. Sorry for bothering you," I said and he gave me a kiss on the forehead before heading back to his room.

I went up the stairs and felt a sense of deja vu when I stood just in front of Donghae's room. I used to live here. Used to...not anymore. I opened the door silently, and peered inside. He was still sleeping.

His hand was dangling off the bed and his stuffed toys take up most of the space. "Ireona..." I shook his arm slightly. He stirred in his bed and covered his entire body with a blanket. "Ireona..." I shook him, harder this time.

He grumbled in his sleep, and threw the blanket away, tossing it to some unknown corner. I searched for it and found it under my old bed. The bedsheet, the blanket, and the pillow had been exactly where I'd left it.

And I missed being here. I grabbed Donghae's blanket and folded it neatly. "It's already 10 in the morning and he's still sleeping. Now he threw his blanket away and left me to fold it..." I grumbled.

I felt strong hands on my waist that pulled me down. "What were you saying?" Donghae mumbled with his eyes still closed. He moved to make space so I could lay down beside him. "Nothing," I said. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

I turned to face him, but his eyes were still tightly shut. "Hmm?" he waited for my answer. "I wanted to say sorry," I muttered. "You're just saying that because you miss me," he smiled. "Yeah, but I felt guilty too. So I'm sorry," I replied. "For what?" his eyes fluttered open. "For everything." He didn't respond for minutes. It was dead silent.

"You're not going to let me go that easily, are you?" He shook his head with an evil smirk on his face. We were both quiet again, and at that moment, I thought he had fallen back to sleep. But when he did talk, I was now sure that karma was a true thing. "On many conditions," he said.

"One condition," I bargained.

"15." He shook his head.

"3."

"10."

"5." I pushed my luck.

"Why are you the one deciding? You're the one who did me wrong in the first place," he said. I was about to start blabbering again about how he was the one who started it, but I gulped down the careless words I was about to let out again. "5," I repeated. "Do I hear a 10?" "5. Take it or leave it," I threatened. "10, or I won't forgive you," he held a finger in front of my face. "Fine," I gave up.

Narrator's POV

And that's how it happened. For one whole day, Min Yu was supposed to follow 10 orders from Donghae. Then afterwards, he'll forgive her. "I think this is so wrong," she complained when doing her first task: make brunch for Donghae.

"Hurry up, I'm hungry," he pretended to be bossy but really enjoyed being the dominant one. "Here," she said, presenting the food she made for him. "Okay, wake the others up and make food for them too," he ordered.

The members were surprised to see Min Yu prod them awake, but they followed nonetheless. "Ryeowook, what are you doing there?" Donghae asked. "Making lunch," he said. "Min Yu would do it," the older replied. The girl, after making sure that everyone was up, rushed down to the kitchen and began making food again. "What is she doing here?" Heechul asked. "Nothing," Donghae responded smugly.

"What's this?" Heechul held Min Yu's finger as she laid down the food on the table. "I got cut," she said. "What happened?" he demanded. "The knife sliced the wrong thing," she said.

"You're going to pay for this!" Heechul threw a crumpled tissue to Donghae's face. "I'm not going to die," Min Yu ensured him. "You heard her. She's not gonna die," Donghae repeated.

The whole Sunday, Min Yu was busy following Donghae's orders. This is too much. But I did him wrong, so it's just right, she thought. "I'm done cleaning the whole dorm," she said to Donghae who was lounging on the couch and was watching television.

"For the seventh task...iron my clothes. I'll be going somewhere later," he said. She nodded and ran back up to his room to choose clothes. "You're abusing her," Eunhyuk commented. "You're making her do all these things when you're only going to leave her later," Shindong added.

"I'm going to take her out," he defended.