Baby It's All Right I'll Call You Mine

18cm

As Jihoon entered the dining room sluggishly, Seungcheol glanced across at him from the table, then stole a quick glance towards the living room where Jeonghan and Jisoo were talking on the sofa, seemingly discussing something. The leader could only hope that they didn't come up with another plan overnight.

Seungcheol gave out a quiet cough, leaning over the table towards Jihoon, "Look, I think I should warn you before a certain someone does..."

"Great, what fresh hell are you trying to give to me this early in the morning?" Jihoon grumbled, still a little tired out from yesterday's event.

Looking back briefly towards the sofa to make sure Jeonghan was still occupied, Seungcheol turned to face Jihoon again, "Jeonghan's going to make you break up with Jun."

"Yeah, not going to happen. Why would he even do that?" Jihoon's response was quick, his brow arching skeptically.

"Jeonghan logic."

Before Seungcheol could explain more, Jeonghan had walked over to the table, putting a hand on Jihoon's shoulder, "Jihoonie, we need to talk."

"About me breaking up with Jun? Forget it." Jihoon rolled his eyes, shrugging Jeonghan's hand off him.

"At least let me explain first. You're not really breaking up with him, just pretending you are." Jeonghan continued on, repeating what he explained to Seungcheol last night, not caring about how Jihoon's expression had grown from puzzled to just plain bored.

Rolling his eyes, Jihoon got up from his seat along with the rest of his breakfast, thinking that he could probably find somewhere quieter and less asylum-like outside.

"You'll do it, right?" Jeonghan called after him, but was only met with a door slam.

I think he's getting worse... Jihoon thought to himself, walking down the steps outside their building towards the park. It was early enough so the park wasn't too crowded yet, which meant Jihoon could probably use one of the picnic tables and finish up his breakfast.

As he headed towards the direction of the picnic area, he was slightly disappointed to see that there were others there already. The two figures occupying the picnic table had their heads close together as though they were whispering in each other's ear, even though there was no one else close enough to hear their conversation anyway.

Jihoon pondered on whether he should just settle with a park bench or bet his luck and wait for the couple to leave, until he realized that one of the figures seemed incredibly familiar... scratch that, both of them seemed awfully familiar, much to Jihoon's horror.

And that was when Jihoon dropped his entire breakfast tray.


"Hey." Wonwoo walked up, tapping Junhui on the shoulder as the latter sat at the picnic table, waiting for his best friend.

Junhui turned around, a wide smile appearing on his face at the sight of his bro for life, "Hey."

He watched as Wonwoo took his seat across from himself, then leaned his head lazily against his prompted up arm, "How's life with just the Performance Unit?"

"Kind of quiet, basically what you'd expect. The dorm is pretty nice, I guess, a little too roomy for my tastes though." Junhui joked, staring at the trail of ants running a line-up across the table.

Wonwoo only nodded knowingly in response, and the two fell silent. Not that there wasn't anything to say, but because there was just so much to say, and neither of them knew where to begin.

Are you taking care of yourselves? How are they treating you? Are you happy? I miss you...

"I-" Junhui began, but cut himself off when he saw the look in Wonwoo's eyes as they made eye contact, a very gentle and warm gaze which seemed so familiar to Junhui, and the latter just couldn't bring himself to continue on, afraid that his voice would break.

As though reading Junhui's mind, Wonwoo leaned forward and pulled Junhui's head closer to his, their foreheads pressing together, "I know..." Wonwoo whispered, closing his eyes, "I know."

The two stayed like that for a while, just feeling each other's presence again was enough, no need for any fancy words or long conversations. This was enough.

Suddenly, the two were interrupted by a crash and quickly pulled apart to inspect whatever damage that might have happened, only to see a very shocked Jihoon standing with his arms sticking stiffly to his sides, spilled cola running everywhere on the ground in front of his feet.

"Jihoon!" Junhui quickly stood up, "I can't believe you woke up early!"

Wonwoo cringed at the dark look in Jihoon's eyes which was somehow directed at him, and got up from his seat, sensing that he shouldn't stay long in Jihoon's presence. "It was nice seeing you again, Jun," he patted Junhui on the shoulder, leaning over one last time to mutter in his ear, "we should meet again soon, hopefully when one of us is not in danger of getting skinned alive."

"What?" Junhui blinked, turning around to look at his friend, but the rapper was already gone.

Still quite confused, Junhui turned his attention to Jihoon instead, "Oh god, we should get you cleaned up-" but with one swift movement, the latter had stepped over the remains of his breakfast and pushed Junhui back down into his seat, "Jihoon?"

"You're right, we should get it cleaned up. Since it's your fault, why don't you do the honors?" Jihoon spoke in a dangerously low voice, his eyes gazing coldly into Junhui's.

"My fault? What did I-"

"Are you going to do it or not?" Jihoon's voice had dropped to a hiss as he tilted Junhui's chin up, giving him a full view of the "damage" on his clothes from the sticky beverage.

"I-I don't have any napkins..." Junhui's gaze darted away, something was definitely off about Jihoon.

"Well, I guess you'll just have to clean it up with something else." Jihoon his lips suggestively.

Junhui felt his mouth go dry. Was Jihoon suggesting what he thought he was suggesting?

Gripping Jihoon's shirt and pulling it down slightly, Junhui stuck his tongue out with uncertainty, lapping gently at the skin underneath the cola stains.

"Good boy." Jihoon purred, running a hand through Junhui's hair, smirking as the latter struggled with the task. After a couple more clumsy were attempted by Junhui, Jihoon pulled the dancer's head away, tugging lightly on his hair as he did so, "Well, at least you tried," Jihoon leaned closer and ran his own tongue down Junhui's neck, finishing it up with a wet kiss near the latter's collarbone, "you want a reward, baby?"

Junhui trembled underneath Jihoon's touch, too scared from fear to move, or was it from excitement? He wasn't all that sure, but damn, Jihoon looked and sounded so freakin' hot that Junhui couldn't resist nodding, not even questioning the new pet name.

"Let's take this up to my room. If you'll last until then, that is." Jihoon smirked darkly.


Oh god, what have I done? Jihoon looked down in horror at what appeared to be bruises on Junhui's neck, a rope tied around both wrists, and bite marks pretty much everywhere. Gently flipping Junhui's seemingly unconscious body around, Jihoon found red palm marks on particularly obscene locations. He felt like shriveling up and dying right then and there.

What. Have. I. Done?

Jihoon was relieved to feel stirring coming from Junhui, and eventually the latter opened his eyes, a reassuring smile on his face, clearly having noticed the worried look in Jihoon's eyes. The vocalist let out a sigh of relief as Junhui slowly sat up next to him on the bed, trying not to wince from what appears to be the result of their little activity earlier.

"This is terrible." Jihoon muttered, removing the rope to reveal an ugly purple bruise circling itself around his boyfriend's slim wrists, "I can't believe I actually hurt you." He whispered, bringing Junhui's hands up and kissing the markings gently.

"Don't worry, it doesn't hurt as much as it looks." Junhui insisted, moving his hands away and hiding them underneath the blanket.

"I'm a terrible person." Jihoon covered his face with his hands.

"Jihoon, it's okay-"

"It's not okay! How can this possibly be okay?!" Jihoon blurted out, lifting Junhui's arm up to reveal the countless bite marks and bruises scattered all over it. Taking a deep breath, Jihoon got halfway out of the bed with his feet touching the floor, "I'm sorry... You see? I always take my anger out on you."

"Better than just bottling it in." Junhui pressed, placing a hand on the shorter boy's shoulder.

"I don't want to treat you as a punching bag, you don't deserve this treatment."

"But-"

"I've been taking advantage of your kindness all this time." Jihoon continued, "I know. You don't have to force yourself to be with me."

"But I'm not!" Junhui's eyes widened, he knew exactly where this was going, yet he hoped it could somehow be stopped, that the conversation could somehow be steered towards a different direction.

"...I think it's time to breakup, Jun."

I can't bear to hurt you ever again.


"You did do it after all!" Jeonghan cried triumphantly, coming into Jihoon's room shortly after Junhui's leave, "But man, Jun's a good actor! I completely believed that dejected look, you have to admire how committed he is to-" the older's smile dropped upon seeing Jihoon's pained expression, "Oh dear. Please don't tell me... that wasn't acting, was it?"

Jihoon nodded sadly, his body still trembling slightly from the memory.

Without another word, Jeonghan sat down at the edge of the bed with Jihoon, putting his arms around him comfortingly.

Jihoon waited for the tears to flow out of his eyes, but they didn't. Like their owner, they stubbornly clung onto the edge, unwilling to let go, until push came to shove.


"You didn't even put up a fight?" Minghao asked as Junhui broke the news to the rest of the unit, his eyes accusing.

"Minghao, go easy on him, he's already had a rough day." Soonyoung sighed, putting a cup of warm tea in front of Junhui, rubbing his shoulder gently, taking note of the marking around Junhui's wrists and neck, but didn't question them.

"I just can't believe it's over..." Junhui sighed, staring at his reflection on the beverage's surface.

"Same, I was so sure that you two were made for each other." Chan commented, coming around to sit on Junhui's other side, placing a comforting hand on the older dancer's knee.

"I, for one, still think they are. There is no such thing as a relationship that doesn't come with bumps." Minghao shrugged, but came over to wrap his arms around Junhui's neck from behind, swaying from side-to-side at a gentle pace, "I'm not asking you to get over it, and I'm not going to ask what happened," he stated, glancing briefly at the visible bruises, "but I really don't think you should give up on him altogether."

Junhui sighed, putting his hands over Soonyoung's and Chan's, nuzzling against Minghao, "Thanks, guys... It means a lot."

"You know, Hansol's getting more handsome than ever, I can't believe he's the second youngest member in the group." Junhui had commented.

"He's okay." Jihoon had grumbled, a slight hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Aw, Jihoonie, are you jealous~?"

"Is there anything wrong with that?" Jihoon had pulled Junhui down, giving him a sloppy kiss and light nibble on the bottom lip, "You're mine, after all."

Junhui had blushed and wondered if Jihoon had always been this assertive. Clearly the members hadn't been giving him enough credit as to how cheesy he could be despite his infamous hatred towards corny lines.

When will you call me yours again?