Hongbin

Flirt

 

Hongbin yawned as he stretched his limb to brush the tiredness away. Having night shift was . Especially if that happened because you had to replace your friend who took a day off.

He yawned again, eyes traveling the whole café. He sighed in relief that not many customers came tonight or else he would be very busy being alone serving all of them.

The bell of the front door dinged, signaling the arrival of a new customer. Hongbin silently groaned, muttering a usual welcome greeting before looking up.

And his eyes feeling fresh right away, all the tiredness on his face faded away replaced by his million dollar smile.

“Welcome to Starlight café.” He said in a cheerful voice, dimples showing as he smiled rather widely. The customer, a tall handsome and hot man, simply nodded before eyes landed on the menu.

“What would you like to order, Sir?”

Hongbin saw the man frowned as he examined the menu, bottom lip disappeared between his teeth and Hongbin blushed.

“Latte and hot chocolate, please.”

Hongbin’s ears twitched at the soft voice, totally did not expecting the kind of voice came out of the hottie.

Well, he was hot. And Hongbin decided to call him hottie until he got the proper name.

“Anything else, Sir?”

“No. That’s all.”

“Taking out or-”

“Yes, please.”

He typed the orders and counted everything. He refused to look up, busy calming his drumming heart. He even ignored the new bell sound from the front door.

Now was the chance!

“Latte and hot chocolate for Mr…”

“Jaehwan. Jung Jaehwan.”

Hongbin’s head shot up immediately at the different voice. In his vision, hottie was no longer alone. A guy, the only thing Hongbin could notice about him was his nose, clinging onto hottie’s arm. He eyed both of them and sure, he sensed something.

Hongbin nodded before ducking his head back to work. He skillfully made the said drinks while ears busy eavesdropping the pair’s conversation. But all he could hear were whispering sounds and giggling from the nose guy, he refused to address properly even after he knew the name, and a slight chuckle from hottie.

Even a chuckle could make Hongbin felt butterfly in his stomach.

After he was done, he quickly packed everything and put them into the plastic bag that he prepared beforehand.

“Latte and hot chocolate for Mr. Jung Jaehwan.” He announced.

The men turned their attention back to him and the nose guy took the bag as Hongbin thanked them. They nodded back, walking towards the door as Hongbin released the breath that he did not even realize he held. Feeling relief that the awkward atmosphere was gone.

But that was only a split second though.

Because suddenly he saw Jae- nose guy was back. He gave that scary smile at Hongbin before fishing out something from the plastic bag, the same one he gave them with the drinks inside.

Then he slammed a paper in front of Hongbin. Wait no. That was a tissue. A tissue which he prepared to give it to hottie. A tissue with his name and number scribbled on it.

.

“Sorry, but I don’t remember I order this.” The nose guy said. “so does my husband. He said he didn’t order anything other than latte and hot chocolate.”

H.u.s.b.a.n.d

Hongbin gulped and quickly took the tissue away, shoving it into his back pocket and bowing in apology. From his peripheral vision, he saw a ring on the guy’s finger. A wedding ring.

“It’s ok. I know my husband is hot and all.” He said which made Hongbin looked at him with a frown. He stared back and they made a staring contest before he opened his mouth to continue.

“But kid, he is taken. By me. We’re married. So, get your sense back and find other people to flirt!”

And he walked out sassily, clinging back onto his husband who seemed confused waiting outside while Hongbin could only looked at them with mouth wide open.

All he wanted was digging a hole and buried himself when he heard some remaining customers giggling at his defeated look.

He was ed up.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was Hongbin and I'm done.

Twoshots. All shorts.

The end.

Bye.

 

 

Ps: Let me debate with myself whether to make the couple's perspective or not.

      If yes, I'll come back some hours later. 

      If not, then I won't.

      Bye.