Day 741

Day after Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Chungha asked Krystal as she ended reciting the order for table number 13.

 

“Yes. I am. How many times do I have to say this?” Krystal answered back, hoping they could understand her speaking through the facemask she was wearing, while flipping chickens on the frying pan and looked at Chungha in front of her. Since the series of events last night: the pouring rain, a ride in Myungsoo’s car, being inside his penthouse, that little conversation with Suzy, Krystal actually felt a bit sick when she woke up this morning. A headache, runny nose and a coughing fit.

 

“Oh I don’t know? Maybe until you convince yourself that?” Jaehyun teased and shrugged. Krystal hit his arm and he laughed, “No joke tho, Krystal? What happened? Did you take a bath in that storm last night?”

 

“A little shower. That’s all.” She joked and giggled. Chungha shrugged, “Whatever you say.” She said and returned outside to serve the customers. “There sure are lots of orders today, huh?” Krystal said, trying to change the subject.

 

Jaehyun nodded, “There sure are. I think it has something to do with those SNS posts of that really huge Idol group that ate here the last time? Was it Infinity?” He wondered and thought deeply.

 

“Infinite.” Krystal snapped. “How come you know that they’re famous and not know their group name? Really, Jaehyun?” She laughed and hit his arm.

 

“Well, I’m sorry Miss super fan. I don’t really have the time to watch all the happenings in this country.” He shot back. “Oh, by the way. One of the members went out back when you were there, right? The lean guy with black hair and wearing all-black? You know each other?” He asked innocently.

 

Krystal froze. She suddenly remembered their conversation.

 

“You have no right to cry, Krystal.”

 

It was awkward to talk about their relationship (or not so relationship) with Jaehyun. What were they even? Exes? Nope. They never had the closure.  Friends? No way. Friends don’t secretly watch the other at their concert.

 

“A bit, I think?” Krystal answered. This was true on one side, she knew him a bit. Well, compared to how she knew him before. “We used to go to the same school in college.” She added.

 

Jaehyun was silent. He started saying, “But that was a big university, right? How come—“ He got cut off by Chungha who said, “Two orders of spicy moon chicken ala carte!”

 

Krystal has never been so thankful to hear more orders of chicken before in her life.

 

 “Great job today, guys! See you tomorrow!” Luna announced and waved at them as she went inside her office to pack up her things. Jaehyun stretched her arms and said, “AHHHH~ finally. Talk about hectic.”

 

“You said it. Felt like my arms are going limp by tomorrow.” Chungha agreed while she massaged her arms. Krystal laughed but suddenly went into a coughing fit. Jaehyun ran and gave her a glass of water, “Take a break, Krystal. You should head home now.”

 

“I agree. I can take you home.” Chungha said while fixing her things.

 

“No need. I can make it home b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter