Day 733

Day after Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal woke up because her phone would not stop ringing.

 

“Ugh, what the? Who’s even calling during this time of the day?!” She lazily picked up the phone and said, “Hello? Who’s thi—“

 

“YA! JUNG KRYSTAL! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! YOU’RE LATE! DID YOU FORGET THAT YOU HAVE WORK TODAY?! THESE CHICKENS WON’T COOK THEMSELVES YOU KNOW?!” Screamed Luna on the other line.

 

Krystal hurriedly checked the clock on her bedside table to look at the time, “Oh my god! It’s already 10!”

 

“Wow, at least you could tell the time! Get your over here! It’s almost noon! It’s rush hour today since it’s a Sunday!”

 

“I’m on my way! Oh my god! I’m so sorry, boss!”

 

“You better be!”

 

*toot toot*

 

She quickly went to the bathroom to take a bath and brush her teeth. She hastily wore her uniform and ran outside. As soon as she saw the elevator it was already starting to close. She yelled, “WAIT! DON’T CLOSE THOSE DOORS!” The guy inside the elevator looked shocked but complied anyway. Krystal ran with all her might until she got in, pressed the button and released a deep breath.

 

She was still catching her breath when she noticed the guy on the elevator staring at her. “Thank… you, by the way.” She said and managed a smile.

 

“Late for work?” The guy asked.

 

Krystal nodded, “Yeah, overslept a bit.”

 

“Only a bit? You wouldn’t be running for your life if you only overslept for a bit, miss.” The guy said while trying to suppress a smile.

 

“Psh, alright. I overslept for 3 hours. You good now?” She answered sarcastically which made the guy laugh.

 

He was about to say something when the elevator doors. “I gotta go, bye now!” Krystal screamed while running. As she got inside Moon Chicken, she was automatically spotted by Luna. She motioned her to follow her inside the stock room.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late.” Krystal murmured while looking down.

 

“Krystal, I’m your friend but I’m also your boss at the same time so I won’t let this pass. You’re two hours late so you’ll add two more hours on your shift for today, alright?” Luna said with her arms crossed.

 

“Okay, but wouldn’t that be past the closing time already, boss?” She asked.

 

“We’ve got some special customers later tonight. They’ll be coming after working hours since it’s a private occasion. You won’t be alone. Jaehyun will be working overtime and Chungha as well.”

 

Krystal nodded and they both left the stock room.

 

She went straight to the kitchen and wore her apron. Chungha rang the bell and said, “Two orders of spicy moon chicken and three orders of honey-flavored moon chicken for table number six!”

 

“Got it!” Krystal shouted back and started cooking. “Be ready in ten!” she added and Chungha gave her an ‘okay’ sign.

 

While she was cooking, Jaehyun nudged her shoulder and said, “Got grilled by boss, huh?”

 

Krystal grinned and nodded, “Yeah. A bit.”

 

“Why are you late anyway? Got a date last night?” Jaehyun said and wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“Date your face.” Krystal answered back.

 

“Oh, yeah what date was I thinking? Forgot you’re going to stay single forever! Old maid!” Jaehyun teased which made Krystal smack his head.

 

Jaehyun gave her a peace sign and they continued on cooking. Krystal started working in Moon Chicken for about two and a half years now. She started working there when she was still together with Myungsoo. The reason was that it was a great part-time job while she was still studying, plus Luna’s family owns it (Luna’s her close friend), and of course Myungsoo loves eating chicken and due to his training he could not eat that much anymore so Krystal tries her best to perfect the recipe and cooks some for him from time to time.

 

“What a day.” Chungha said and sighed while wiping the table and arranging the chairs. “Rush hour all right.”

 

Krystal giggled, “True. But tomorrow’s our day-off! Isn’t it great?!”

 

“For you maybe. I still have another part-time job tomorrow at the Donut shop and the Internet shop.”  Chungha answered.

 

“How many part-time jobs do you have, Chungha?” Krystal wondered.

 

Chungha stopped wiping and seemed to be counting in her head. “Right now, I have three but before I had like around five? But because the pay here in the chicken shop is good, I trimmed it down to three.” She said while showing her fingers.

 

“Five?!” Krystal asked, surprised. Jaehyun suddenly put his arms around Krystal’s shoulder and said, “You wouldn’t understand, little sister. Chungha’s the bread winner of her family, remember? And I have three jobs as well and if my body can handle more I would like to do more but my body and time could only handle three. Anything for my family you know?”

 

Krystal looked at Jaehyun while he was speaking and she could see how passionate he was with what he is doing. “Exactly. How about you, Krystal? You graduated with a degree in Psychology ,right? So why stay here in this chicken shop? If I were you I’d be studying more to become a doctor or a lawyer or even work as a Human Resource manager in some big company.” Chungha said.

 

Krystal thought about what Chungha said, why was she still working in this shop when she already graduated? It was only for a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter