Beige

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

Beige.

I'm hearing my alarm ringing, but I just can't fathom what I should do when I hear my alarm. My eyelids feel heavy and they won't open. My eyes sting and my mouth tastes like actual with the stink and all. My body hurts like I was beaten up last night. And the ing alarm is not stopping and my headache seems to worsen by the second. I exhort some real effort into waking the hell up to do something about the situation I'm in and understand why in this situation in the first place.

I squint my eyes why I try to open them, because apparently I slept with lights on yesterday. And based on the whole scenario, I assume I was drunk less, and somehow ended up returning home by some miracle and passed out instantly on the bed, in my stinking clothes.

And then I have the epiphany of the morning, and suddenly remember being out with everyone and drinking, having danced with Sungjong? Just bits and pieces, scenes going through my mind, putting all the pieces together, until the bomb dropped. And I jolt up from bed, with eyes unrealistically wide, and my hand instinctively slaps on my mouth with a gasp, when I realize what exactly I did yesterday.

Stupid, stupid, stupid... who can be this stupid???

I know people do weird things when they're drunk, but this tops the charts of the stupidest of the stupidest things ever done. Calling your maybe-not-exactly-it's-complicated-lover and making a fool out of yourself is normal. Or maybe calling your ex and crying on the phone wanting said person back is not unheard of. Maybe even calling the first person on the call history and embarrass yourself is ignored because you're drunk. But what did he have to do? He just had to call HIS BOSS. HIS BOSS I repeat. Not only HIS BOSS, but HIS BOSS who he has a crush on from the very first instant that he stepped inside the company. And HIS BOSS that is most probably not gay. And HIS BOSS that just recently knew of his existence in the company like only a week ago, just because he had his hair done and the company was fussing over him. And HIS BOSS that has a friend called Kim Sunggyu, who is secretly his lover, if Sungyeol was gay that it.

Wait... Wait... Not only that, I had to tell him that I ing LIKED him.

I should just die right now and save myself the agony of what's going to come. How am I going to show my face in the company?

Oh wait. I have to go to work today, that's why the alarm is still blearing.

I have to go to work? Oh Jesus. What am I going to do? How am I going to look Sungyeol in the eyes. How am I going to work normally like nothing happened. I just can't go. I'm not going. I'll call in sick. Yes that's what I'll do. And what will I do tomorrow?

What am I going to do?

 

 

I'm in front of the company building, pacing in front of it. I decide to go in. Yes, I should just go in and pretend I don't remember anything. I take two steps toward the front door, and... I hesitate. Of course I hesitate. I'm Kim ing Myungsoo. So I go back two steps to where I was and return to pacing.

I should just go in. I'm making a fool out of myself. Well, more of a fool that already made of myself.

I keep taking a step forward, and step backward until Woohyun shoves along his pathway inside the building. He has his hand across my shoulders, urging me forcefully to walk alongside him inside. He whispers in my ear, "Just pretend you don't remember anything."

I just sigh heavily and surrender to what's going to happen. I just hope I don't come across Sungyeol so early in the day.

My luck is the worst, usually. But today, my prayers are heard. Thank you Lord. Because I don't run into Sungyeol at all until now. Probably because when I entered the office I sprinted head facing the floor directly toward my desk, not even glancing one time up. And POOFF... of course I fall. Come ooonn... Did you think I could sprint to my desk not looking straight ahead, and not stumble on anything, or nothing for that matter, for I am the great Kim Myungsoo the stumbler. I know it's not a word okay? Just spare me, because they should make it into an adjective that describes me. So I take a bite of the carpeted floor, in front of none other than Sungyeol's office door, which is glass by theway, in case you missed this info already from the previous chapters. But thankfully, when I warily lift my head to look inside, Sungyeol is nowhere to be found. Someone is watching over me today, thank you my invisible guardian angel, but you're too late, don't ya think?

I make it a purpose to keep my wandering about the office to a minimal, leaving my safe desk only if urgent, like getting very near so pissing in my pants. I even eat my lunch at my desk, courtesy of maknae Lee Sungjong who delivered it to me.

My guardian angel must've taken a lunch break, because when I was just cleaning my desk after eating, Lee Sungyeol emerges in front of my work place, looking fresh out of a magazine cover in his beige suit, hands in each pocket, and said, "Myungsoo-ssi, come see me in my office." And walked away, entering the said office.

I close my eyes in defeat. I open them again and look around to find solace in anyone, but apparently everyone is in the cafeteria having their ing lunch. Of course.

How am I going to get out of this. How am I going to deny everything and courageously lie to Sungyeol if I don't even know how to properly talk to him like a normal human being, like a man, and not some shy high school girl who is talking to the basketball team leader. I just hope I don't stutter, or screech like I did last time. Oh earth, open up and swallow me please!

I make my way to his office like a prisoner going to his execution. I knock on the door, and take a deep breath before entering.

"You asked for me, Sungyeol-ssi."

I can't see him because I find the floor to be of great interest at the moment. I hear his footsteps and my heart beat doubles up. I begin sweating buckets, and I don't dare to lift a single eyelash.

Turns out he just closed the office curtains to obscure the view from outside.

's going doooown...

"Myungsoo-ssi, did you have fun last night?"

He's bringing up the subject... I'm dead. Guys help!

"Euuu..."

"I'm surprised you actually came to work today on time, given your state last night."

What should I say? Should I deny that I know how he knows that I was drunk yesterday or should I apologize. It's better if I keep silent. Yeah... Let's just keep quiet. Maybe he'll shut up about it.

"Aren't you going to say something?"

I sigh. What can I say. My brain is flashing error. I can't decide on one word to utter. So I just keep my head down, close my eyes, and shake my head no.

I hear him nearing me, and I see his white shoes in my line of vision. And the only coherent thought that comes though is 'how does he keep it this white?' I really am a factory defected person aren't I? Brain, why are you wired wrong??? Can't function properly for one time?

And suddenly I feel his fingers on my chin, his soft, long, elegant, fingers, lifting my face up to look at him. And now I'm really dead. Because when I was looking at the floor, I couldn't even speak. Now, that I'm looking at his heart clenching, stomach churning face, I would just speak chinese if I were to open my mouth. I suppress a moan. Yes, that's how pathetic I am. I want to moan simply from looking at his face. But mind you, his face happens to be the closest I've ever seen it right now, so give me a break. I just pray my knees won't betray me, because I'm feeling them get weaker by the second.

"Do you remember last night?" He asks, and I feel his breath on my face. I want to inhale every breath that comes out of that sinful mouth. Oh shut up! Don't judge!

I freeze. Not that I did anything else since I stepped inside of his office anyway. So he continues,

"Do you remember calling me?" He has a smirk on his face, and I can't decide if he's angrily annoyed, or amused.

I blink, like the stupid child I'm reduced to when I'm in the vicinity of this gorgeous man.

"So you do remember!" He says, backing away from me and leaning on his desk. I can't think of anything else except how y he looks. And can you blame me? He looks like with legs. I'm in deep , and about to be humiliated further, but I don't give a ing . Because I can ravel in the presence of Lee Sungyeol near me looking as hot as a steaming volcano.

"Huh?"

"You don't look so surprised." He answers the unasked question with certainty. So I don't try to deny, and I remove my eyes from him, and look anywhere nut him, since I'm caught.

I don't know what happened, but in one second, Sungyeol is right in front of my nose, hovering above ma face, and I have to look up to see his face. That's how close he got.

"You like me Myungsoo?" He says, smirking. And I feel his words as well as hear them because of how close his body is to me.

"I, I, I was drunk?" I try to say something, but it comes out as a pleading question and even I wince at the tone.

"So you don't like me?" He says, and his hands run up my arms. I blank out. Obviously. My heart is pounding, my head is pounding, my ears are pounding, I'm surprise I'm still standing actually.

"N-no."

"No you do, or no you don't?" He says, raising his eyebrows, his hands still running up and down my arms.

"I-I- do. No, wait, I-I... I don't know?"

He chuckles. And I melt. I could listen to him all day, talking, or chuckling, or whatever. He's like a hypnoses.

"You don't know?"

"Ummm... Uhhh... Ummm..." I sound stupid, but when don't I in front of him. My eyes just keep roaming around his face, his eyes, his nose, his lips. His lips. What can I do? I don't want this to end. I want to remain here, in his arms, this close to his face. But my heart would stop surely. I can't think straight from his scent.

In one fleeting second, I decide that just screw everything.

"I do." I say as I look straight into his eyes. "I like you. A lot."

Here! I said it.


Sungyeol in beige! And the white shoes ;)