I don't know!

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

I don't Know.

I headed against my will to work. Now I seriously hate Mondays. But what could I do? I have to show up for work.

The office was normal. Except for a few knowing glances I got from everyone. But I endured, working as usual. Sungyeol walking in like everyday accompanied by his "best friend" Sunggyu. I wouldn't believe there is nothing going on between them. They are totally dating, if Sungyeol is gay that is. They forgot to close the blinds again. And from what I can see, Sungyeol is sitting in his chair with Sunggyu sitting on his desk facing him, wide grins on their faces, laughing about something, and looking at each other, eye contact and everything. Oh, how I wish I could look into those big eyes like Sunggyu is doing, and drown in them, and tell him that his eyes are wonderful and beautiful and, and... I just wish I could look into them all day long. Cue sad eyes and sigh.

Now Sunggyu is ruffling Sungyeol's hair, still looking at him, drawing closer to him. And Sungyeol is not doing anything to get away. I bet his hair is as soft as it looks. Sunggyu pats him on the cheek, Sungyeol still grinning, and he stands up steps around Sungyeol's chair, gives him a quick massage on the shoulders, leaves his spot, heading for the door, turns around, says something then opens the door and steps out. I turn my gaze to my computer. I don't want to be caught staring. 

I feel someone sitting next to me. I turn around and spot Sungjong, sparkling eyes smiling at me.

"Sunbae, do you want to go shopping when we finish work?" he asks.

"Me and you?" he nods, "why?"

"Just because. I think you should. Just saying."

"I don't know, I hate shopping, especially with someone," I answer, turning to my screen again, hoping that would do.

" Oh, I think you would very much like to go shopping with me. I'm great for shopping," he says, smiling.

"Come on, Sungjong-ah, spill. Why do you want to take me with you?" there is something going on, I guess.

"It's a surprise!" Bingo, I knew there is something.

"No."

"You're coming sunbae. I think you need me."

"Why would I need you?" I can go buy stuff on my own, thank you very much.

"You'll see," he's so annoying, god! "you don't get to say no. I'll wait for you." And he walks away.

I burry my face in my hands. What is he planning? I just want to go home to my pillows and my dramas.

I see Sunggyu is still here talking to someone. He turns around in my direction, and looks at me with that same look and smirk. I look down, shying away from his eyes. What is with him?

When I finish with work, I stand up and spot Sungjong, still in the office, sitting in his chair, not really doing anything except eating a bar of chocolate. He smiles, stands up and comes to me, tossing the wrapper in a bin. 

"Are you done?" he asks me.

"Mmmmm," I nod.

"I'll go fetch Dongwoo hyung," and he stumbles away. So he was waiting for me I see. Ughhh, I don't want to go. And Dongwoo is tagging along too? He and his terrible fashion sense? What are they thinking? I'm not buying anything green, I tell you.

They take me to the mall. We walk around... following Sungjong really. He stops in front of a barber shop. I look at him confused.

"I thought we are shopping," I inquire.

"Not technically," he answers, with a wicked smile.

"What?" what are they planning? They interwine their hands with mine on both side, and drag me in.

"Annyeong! I booked an appointment for Kim Myungsoo," Sungjong tells the woman behind the counter.

"Oh yes, welcome. Please follow me," she says and directs us to a chair in front of the mirrors. A hairdresser comes our way.

"Hello Sungjong-ssi, are we still doing what we talked about on the phone?" he asks.

"Yes please," Sungjong answers.

"I see you're Myungsoo-ssi. Welcome," He greets me.

"Hello," I answer. What did they talk about? I wonder. "What am I doing here Sungjong-ah?"

"You are getting a hair makeover."

"What? Why? What is wrong with my hair?"

"Everything!" I am not far from murdering him, I'm sure. I look at Dongwoo.

"Just do as he says, Myungsoo-ya." You have got to be kidding me.

"We are going to waste time, have fun!" He waves at me and leave the place with Sungjong.

I slump down in my chair. Giving in. The hairdresser smiles and starts ordering his assistants to bring him stuff. 

Fast forward to when they finish, which took a long time and a tingling feeling in my legs and a sore from sitting all this time in one place. I did not look in the mirror all this time though, preferring to keep my new hair and what Sungjong conspired with the hairdresser a surprise. I kept my face glued to the screen of my phone playing a game that by now I started hating, and I don't think I'm gonna play it for a long while now.

"And we are done! What do you think Myungsoo-ssi?" The hardresser looks at me with an anticipating look.

I look up in the mirror, and Holy.! My hair is smooth, it's soft and glowing and pretty!

"Wow!" I exclaim. The hairdresser laughs.

"I take it that you like your new hair," he says.

"I do!" I reply, "Thank you."

I examine my new hair in the mirror, touching it, turning my head this way and that way, re-examining it from every angle, and I'm sure I look very sheepish right now. I stand up and thank the man responsible, and head to the reception. I ask the woman how much it cost.

"Oh, it has been taken care of. You look very handsome, I might add. Not that you weren't before, but it surely did wonders to your handsome face." She smiles. I smile back.

"Thank you very much. It sure did."

I walk out, and call Dongwoo. He tells me they are eating in a restaurant somewhere. I walk there fast. Partly because I'm hungry as hell, partly because I'm eager to blow them away with my new look.

"So... What do you think?" I ask as I slide in the booth next to Dongwoo. I'm aware of the huge proud grin on my face right now. But I don't care. I'm looking HOT. 

"Sunbae," Sungjong nearly shouts out, "You look better than I thought you would!" Dongwoo nods in agreement. I smile.

"I must thank you guys, a lot. I love it. By the way did you pay already?" I ask.

"We split it, consider it as an early birthday present," Dongwoo says, with the angel smile that I love.

"Or a congratulation for when you win the heart of the man of your not-so-silent dreams!" I smile the I'm-gonna-kill-you-but-I-can't-right-now-because-i'm-grateful-to-your-annoying-face-smile. 

 

Today, I'm so eager to get to work I almost stumble on everything that gets in my way. I even arrive early, which is an achievement. My hair is the talk of the day. Everyone is expressing their admiration for Myungsoo 2.0. And I'm basking in the sea of compliments, feeling refreshed and new. I'm liking this, if you can't tell already. Thank you Lee Sungjong! In the commotion, I forget for a moment to start my routine nervousness to prepare for the entering of Lee Sungyeol. So when he enters, I definetely was not prepared. The duo of Sungs step inside the office, and I was not on my desk like every day, I was in the way, recieving a compliment from Minah (She stopped me on my way to the kitchenette for my daily dose of coffee). I turn my head, and what do you know? Sungyeol's gorgeous face is staring right into my eyes still coming my way. I blink like two times, still staring at him - like an idiot I might add - before he is in front of my nose. My head is blank, what do I do now? Right! I must move. Move you idiot out of the way. Come ooooonn. The legs are not moving guys. They.are.not.moving. 

"Myungsoo-ssi, looking good," What did Sungyeol just say? Did I hear right? DO something you ing useless brain.

"Uhh...Ummm... Thanks!" I screech. What did I just do? Did I just screech? Can the earth open up now and swallow me please?

I cough a little, bow my head, and move out of the way, with a face that probably looks like it was microwaved 5 minutes too much. I hear a chuckle. Two chuckles to be exact, from the Sung duo. I look up, and see Sunggyu looking my way, and when he notices me he smiles at me, a nice smile, not the usual smile. Of course my brain works just fine right now, unlike a few seconds ago, because my lips automatically smile back. A normal reaction. Why is my body not capable of reacting like a normal human being in front of Sungyeol?

I turn around and head back to my desk, deciding to wallow in my embarassement alone.

When the Sungs where inside the CEO office, everyone broke out into laughs.

"Well you certainly got his attention," Sungjong, the brat, decides to share his thoughts. "Mission accomplished."

"Ha.Ha." I mock.

"Not only he noticed you, I bet he knows how much you like him too. What was that sound you made?" Woohyun butts in.

"Ughhh, leave me alone," I'm fed up.

"It's a step ahead, Myungsoo. Don't be disheartened," Dongwoo encourages.

I look at my screen and notice a post-it note that says we have a meeting today. Just my luck, I just have to face Sungyeol today after what happened. During lunch, everyone was trying to lift my spirit up by pinpointing that he talked to me and that he noticed there was something different about the way I look, and he liked the change. But you know me. I wouldn't be me if I didn't drown myself in a sea of what-ifs and self conscienceness and low self esteem, yadayadayada....

So when the meeting came around, I was already dreading it, my mind juggling between what my friends where trying to make me believe and my tricky thoughts that were contradicting them. I entered the meeting room and sat down, deciding that I am a proffesional person and I shouldn't mix work with my childish crush. So I was re-organizing my papers and my thoughts and preparing for the meeting, chanting in my head over and over again: you must be strong, don't look him in the eyes, focus on the meeting, focus in front of you on your papers, think about the matter at hand, you don't want to be fired...

And believe it or not, I actually did what I intended to do. I focused on work, what was being said, interfering when was right to and forgetting for the time being who was in the same room with me, and what happened earlier. 

 

When the meeting came to an end, I was so into enumerating orderly the new tasks that I should be doing and highlighting the most urgent ones, cleanly copying the mess of notes that I took during the meeting - kind of an OCD-ish habit in fact - that I didn't notice a pair of eyes eyeing me while I work on my task. 

I jumped a little in my seat why I heard someone talking to me.

"Nice hair, Myungsoo-shi."

When I looked up, Sunggyu-shi was smiling that little smirking now-increasingly-annoying smile of his. It's like he knows something I don't or something. It kind of resembles the knowing looks my fellow colleagues give me. While I was in the train of my thoughts, I forgot to actually respond to the person talking to me, opting to just stare at him blankly. After a couple of seconds, I saw an eyebrow going up on his face, still looking at me, like asking me why am I not replying. 

And like the imbecile I am - I am not dumb mind you, but the occurence of the sudden decrease of IQ at times is increasing hazardously - I stutter, looking everywhere but him.

"Ohh... Uhhh... Thank-thank you." I close my eyes, not believing that I can actually be that pathetic, and sigh deeply. My face must be tomato red, because I can feel the heat seaping out of them.

I hear a chuckle, a loud one actually, and then he says "You are cute," under his breath, but the fact that I'm closing my eyes and focusing on his reaction by hearing, I could detect it fairly clearly.

He walks out before I can even react. Which I don't, because I'm a defected human being, that's why. So my mind just freezes and I don't even get up from my seat until I hear Dongwoo calling my name from outside the meeting room.