Drunk

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

Drunk.

"Myungsoo!!"

"Calm your horses will you. I'm here, what do you want?" I say with an edge.

"I thought I should wake you up from your wide-open-eyes-coma before you pierce the wall with your stare." And he starts barking out a loud laugh. Usually I love his laugh, but not right now, when he's laughing at me, and when everyone in the office is looking our way.

"Dongwoo hyuuuuunnnggg, calm down, stoooopp." I try to calm him down, hitting his chest a couple of times, saying 'stop', but not being able to suppress the bubbling laugh that was threatening to come out, because Dongwoo hyung's laugh is contagious, like flu-like contagious. He just laughs from deep within his heart and spreads the happiness along. So I'm no longer embarrassed or annoyed, I was just laughing along, although shyly and less outrageously than Dongwoo.

"Come on Hyung let's just get back to our desks, ok?" I say while still breathing heavily from the laughter. I take Dongwoo hyung's arm and tow him with me to our destination. Passing by Sungyeol's office, I was surprised to see him outside looking our way. So I straightened up and removed my hands from around Dongwoo's arms, because it's not professional to be walking like that inside the office right? Not that I don't want Sungyeol to have the wrong impression or something, nope. So I bow a little, and he does too, and when I look up, my eyes catch his big, beautiful eyes, and I suddenly forget how to put a leg in front of the other, a.k.a walk, and I stumble on thin air. Like who does that??? There is literally nothing on the floor to stumble upon.

I was only thinking 'no,no,no,no,noooo' because I just didn't want to fall in front of him because of my clumsy feet, and kiss the floor while he's there watching, just because I drowned in those gorgeous eyes. Hey, wait a minute, can I hold him responsible of this fall? It's his fault anyway, right? He shouldn't have been so fine, for me to lose the basic reflexes of staying ing upright while walking.

But the fall didn't happen, thanks to Dongwoo hyung. He caught me by the arm and balanced me on my feet again. I hope it didn't show. But, of course my hope is futile, because Sungyeol's grin showed his upper gum. OH my GOD, this smile, this is the first time I've seen him smile this big. I think I'm going to fall again, ok?

So... I didn't fall, but don't ask me how I got to my desk, or what I was doing all this time, but what I know is that it's time to leave work, and all I was doing was staring at my screen with a foolish smile plastered on my face, like I was drunk. Okay... not like I was drunk, I surely was, I was drunk from that smile, that big gummy smile, those teeth and those crescent eyes, those full cheeks. His smile is the prettiest thing ever. He's the prettiest thing ever. He smiled at me, although I was clumsily stumbling on my feet because of him, but nonetheless, he smiled at me. Do you know what that did to my poor little heart? Do you know the feeling when your heart misses some beats then beats again in double speed? Do you know what that did to my poor brain? I think it short-circuited. I couldn't do anything other than re-imagine time after time the image that stuck in there. His smile. His gorgeous smile.

 

I was so happy that I agreed with Dongwoo to go out with our coworkers drinking. And that's a big thing, he didn't even need to convince me. I just said yes like that. Because I was happy.

So when we got there, and by there I mean a small cozy pub, we occupied a round table at the very back, because we were many, and we ordered two big beer jugs, and numerous bottles of soju and some tequila shots, courtesy of Mr. Dongwoo, who won't stop until all were just as happy as he is, which is a lot believe me.

A couple of rounds later, I, the big anti-people person, found myself swinging to the light music, in front of our table, leaning against Dongwoo and Sungjong, and singing to the girl group song playing. My heart felt light, and my smile didn't leave my mouth. Tequila can do this to a person. And Sungyeol's smile can do this to people.

After a few hours, half of the people already left, but me, Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Woohyun were still taking the rounds of alcohol, although the music was fainter, and we all were sitting down, not able to stand up straight. We were able to talk amongst ourselves now that the music volume was lower.

"I wish Sunggyu was here with us." Woohyun blurted out.

I frowned, disgust showing on my face and said although it better is described as slurred, "Wwwhyyy? Sunggyu-ssi? Why do yooouuu want him here? I donnn't want him here. NO!"

"I would like him to be here sitting next to me, drunk like I am, for me to hug him, and cuddle against him, and kiss him, and sit on his lap, and..." And here Sungjong, the youngest among us, but clearly the less drunk among us, clapped his hand on Woohyun's mouth to shut him up.

But that didn't stop the shock on our faces. Woohyun tried to remove Sungjong's hand.

"You like him?" Dongwoo asked.

"You like Sunggyu-ssi?" I asked.

Woohyun not able to respond over Sungjong's hand, started nodding his head franticly. So Sungjon remove his hand, and Woohyun was able to shout, "I LIKE HIM... I LOOOOVE HIM."

And all of us, clearly not in our right mind to respond properly to this huge declaration, resorted to laughing our asses off. And I being the un-matured little boy that I was when I was drunk, I did not only laugh at him, but decided to childishly point at him too, like a teenager.

"You are worse than Myungsoo", Dongwoo said, stil laughing, "You should tell him too."

"I should. I should tell him. I'll tell him now."

I think no one was in his right mind back then, because no one tried to tell him otherwise. And that resulted in him removing his cell phone from his pocket and calling Sunggyu. And more than that, he put him on loudspeaker too. So after a couple of rings, we all heard a sleepy Sunggyu answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Sunggyu?"

Although we were all out of our minds at the time, we all were shocked to the familiar manner that Woohyun was talking to Sunggyu with. But we all thought Woohyun was too drunk to talk formally with him.

"Yes. Whos's that?... Woohyun?"

I think Suuggyu just looked at the caller ID.

"Uh-huh, Woohyun."

"What is it?"

"Sunggyu... I love youuu. I love you Sunggyuuu."

I suppressed my laugh. If Sungyeol's wide smile did not make my day, this surely would've made it. Woohyun embarrassing himself.

"Woohyun-ah, are you drunk?"

"Noooo. Nooo I'm not drunk. Sungyuuu, I love you."

"Yes, yes he is drunk." And that's Sungjong trying to leave a bit of Woohyun's dignity intact.

"Am I on loudspeaker? Woohyun, am I on loudspeaker? Oh my god."

"Ooops." And that's Sungjong realizing his mistake.

"Woohyun stop drinking and go home. You realize tomorrow you have work right?"

"I don't want to go home. I want you Sunggyu. I want to go to you. I want you Sunggyuuu."

"I'm hanging up." And Sunggyu ended the call.

We all burst out laughing.

"Hey Myungsoo you should tell Sungyeol you love him too. Call him." Sungjong said.

"No." I said. I think Sungjong is not that sober.

"Hey why not. You could blame it on being drunk. Come on." Woohyun said. "I did it. You do it too."

"No." I stood my ground.

"Come on Myungsoo. It will get it out of your way. I think now you can just blurt it out without inhibition from your insecurities." Sungjong explained.

"I don't waaaant to."

"Here I just call him." Woohyun said, and put his cell phone on the table in front of me, and pressed the loudspeaker button.

"Nooo." I whined, clearly not understanding the gravity of the situation.

"Hello?" Sungyeol answered the call.

"Hi Sungyeol-ssi. Someone here wants to say something to you." Woohyun answered.

"Woohyun-ssi? What is it? Who's there?"

"Come on Myungsoo, say it." Woohyun just shoved my face down near the screen of his phone.

"Sungyeol-ssi." I was clearly not thinking straight. Clearly.

"Yes Myungsoo-ssi?"

I looked up to see the expectant eyes of my so-called friends looking at me as if saying 'Just say it.'

So I closed my eyes tight, and blurted out, "Sungyeol-ssi, I like you."

"Myungsoo-ssi?"

"I like you very much." And I ended the call.

"Heyyy. Why did you end it? I wanted to hear what he has to say." Sungjong objected.

"I just made a fool of myself." I cried.

"No. You're just drunk. We all are." Dongwoo said while laughing.

"Come on cheer up and let's see what happens tomorrow." Sungjong said.

"Let's go sleep now." Woohyun said.

 


Bask in Sungyeol's gummy smile.