The game & the rules

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Hi guys! Sorry if this is going slow but I think this chap is a tad bit more interesting ;)

As usual, thank you for subscribing and reading this even if its boring ^^'

 


 

Brown orbs scroll over the never-ending ocean of bright shades of paint above the wooden surface of the dinner table, hurting badly in the process. Jaebum has never been a colorful person, to be honest. Even if he has some sort of affection – or better said, predisposition- to blue tones, his days aren’t actually in Technicolor. Since he remembers, Jaebum has always been like this; preferring neutral colors like black or gray over joyful tones like red or green. He can’t really explain why the color blue is the one that him, in some way, like the most among the rainbow; but that’s how it is and Jaebum will never waste his time to understand it nor to try to change it. After all, colors won’t make things better.

-I think our concept should be a caterpillar gradually turning into a butterfly, to show how life works.- a soft, delicate voice says beside him then; sounding too excited.

Jaebum doesn’t bother to look at the girl sitting at his right, he just hears her talking boringly without listening much of her speech. Suzy wanted to start their Art project as soon as possible, Jaebum remembers she said something about having time to re-do it if things don’t go as she planned. He can’t care less about that, though; because as soon as they start as soon they will be over with and Jaebum will make sure to not have to do it a second or third time. He might not like Art at all, but Jaebum hates wasting time doing something useless –and any Art project is already pretty much unnecessary, in his opinion- therefore, he is determinate to pass this silly work in one only try; as usual.

-What do you think, Jaebum?- Suzy asks, her shiny eyes placed on him at the moment.

-Well, since its abstract Art shouldn’t a point on the canvas be enough?- Jaebum wonders uninterested, turning his gaze to look back at her.

-Abstract Art it’s more than just that!- she exclaims, her high pitch voice pricing painfully the black haired boy’s ears.

-Okay, we will do as you please.- Jaebum tells, his calm tone echoing mildly annoyed.

-We can’t do that. We are a team, we have to work together.- Suzy says, changing her mind and being quite bi-polar.

“Well, aren’t women just like that?” Jaebum thinks, swallowing silently to not let a mocking smirk paint over his fake nice factions.

-I know, and I told you my idea but you just discarded it without even considerate it.- he points out, seeing into those clear eyes a glitz of shyness.

-Uh, I’m sorry…- the girl bows, her long and brown hair dropping over her shoulders like a soft waterfall. –It sounded like a joke, so I just reacted impulsively.- she explains, her warm orbs placing in his once again.

-Seems you like Art quite much.- Jaebum notices, sounding slightly surprised.

-And you seem to not like it at all.- Suzy comments, smiling somewhat awkward.

-Let’s say I just like other subjects more than Art.- he lies, awfully well.

Hearing how she chuckles while he sees how those feminine cheeks blush kindly Jaebum feels his mouth itching, pretty much bothersome.

-Okay, I get it. So, do we do my idea? Because I’m sure Mr. Park will kill us if we present him a painting of a point and call it ‘abstract Art’- she chuckles one more time, maybe imagining the situation.

-I can think in a fascinating explanation for it that Mr. Park will cry because of how ‘beautifully artistic’ is it.- Jaebum tells casually, with a playful tone echoing in his voice.

-I rather not take that risk and finish the project today.- Suzy smiles, being playful as well but highly serious.

A heavy, long sighs leaves his mouth while Jaebum nods at his classmate. Brown orbs turn to place out the window, seeing the vast blue sky and watching how the kind summer breeze tousle the fluffy treetops; making the boy feel a little bit disappoint about spending this Wednesday’s afternoon locked inside the dinner room doing a stupid Art project. Not that he is such a naturalistic person, yet anything would be better than the Hell which awaits for him.

-Okay, shall we start?- Jaebum asks her, knowing that everything which would come from now on will more likely damage his cornea, perhaps permanently.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Warm steam fades away as the bathroom’s door open, leaving that peculiar scent of after-bath sliding across the hallway. Jaebum walks out of it, calmly brushing his wet locks with a white towel, closing the door behind his back in the process. Going down the stairs to the first floor of the house, passing by the dully illuminated living room he enters the kitchen; sighing long and tired while taking a cold Coke out of the fridge. It has been an hour or so since Suzy left and not even a long, amazingly relaxing bath could make his optic nerves stop hurting. Jaebum is not exaggerating, the bright sea of endless, neon colors he saw for almost 6 hours was and still is giving him awful headaches. Not to mention the disgusting smell of paint and Suzy babbling about uninterested things making the whole condition even worst. Yet Jaebum is pleased, they finished the project and even if he doesn’t like Art he has to admit they did a pretty great job with it, at least.

-Damn, this hurts…- Jaebum curses, putting the can down on the kitchen’s counter to massage the bridge of his nose.

-What does it hurt, human?- suddenly a soft, charming voice asks, making the black haired boy sigh one more time.

Turning around Jaebum leans against the cold surface of the counter, meeting with the dark orbs of the demon boy sitting over the kitchen’s table. His pale face receives him with a mischievous grin already curved in his pink lips, and Jaebum sees for short seconds how his bare lower legs swing softly in the air. Just like an adorable kid.

-God, not you now.- Jaebum says weakly, his brown orbs closing for a moment.

-And you keep naming God in front of me. How do you dare?- he tells, sounding rather amused than offended.

-I’m not in the mood to deal with you, can you come any other day?- Jaebum asks as polite as he can manage to be to not make him explode.

-To who do you think you are talking to, human?!- the blonde demon does explode furious, much to Jaebum's misfortune, jumping off the table and standing right in front of him.

-Please, don’t scream…- Jaebum pleads, massaging the bridge of his nose once again as it seems that’s the only way to soothe the pain briefly.

The blonde boy didn’t say anything, yet Jaebum can sense him still standing there. He can hear the demon’s low and steady breathing, barely bounds near his hand; causing his skin to twitch mildly at the somewhat intimate touch. Jaebum hopes the demon will disappear any time soon, he knows he isn’t stupid and surely catched the hint that Jaebum doesn’t want –doesn’t need- him here right now. Long seconds pass, turning into minutes and yet Jaebum feels him still there; staring and breathing on him. It makes Jaebum feel uneasy, impatient –maybe even nervous- because he is not going anywhere yet the worst thing, which makes anxiety little by little arise in Jaebum, is the fact that he is not doing anything. He just stares, he is just there. So close, too close… so quiet, too exasperating.

-Are you… okay, human?- he asks, his velvet voice caressing his ears with a silent worried ring on it; just when Jaebum was about to plead him again to go away.

Lowering his arm as a small shiver wander down in his back Jaebum lift his gaze, feeling the odd sensation of his heart skipping a hard and painful beat as his brown eyes lock with those onyx orbs. Jaebum almost forgot how to breathe when he got drowned in those deep oceans, which enchanted him in the instant he dared to look at them. That sensation of magic spread in him like the first time, everything seems to stop again yet now he doesn’t feel far away. Jaebum senses the demon’s body heat, he feels his almost unnoticeable breath against his mouth, he hears his silent breathing and he sees in those dark eyes the blurred twinkle of some unknown emotion.

-Human…?- the blonde demon calls him in a wondering tone, awaking the boy from his short slumber.

-No, I’m not okay.- Jaebum answers, perhaps more for himself than for the demon. Turning his gaze away and leaning more into the counter Jaebum tries to put some distance between them.

-I asked you just when I arrived, what does it hurt?- he asks once again, and the black haired boy can still feel those eyes on him.

Sighing slowly to release some pressure and nervousness Jaebum place his gaze on the white floor under him.

-My head and my sight. - he talks slow, afraid that his voice could shake.

-Oh…- the demon murmurs barely audible. -Do you want to make a deal?- he asks then, pretty much insensitive.

-What?- Jaebum mumbles incredulous, looking back at him slightly surprised.

-A deal.- the demon repeats. –I cure your pain and in exchange you make some delicious human food for me.- he explains and smiles, quite content with the idea.

-But I saved you the other day, don’t you think you should ‘saved’ me now in exchange for that?- Jaebum argues, not believing the twisted logic of this creature.

-Human, all you have to do is cook. And not just for me, for the both of us. Come on, I’m hungry!- he whines, frowning his eyebrows and making a small pout at the end of his speech.

Closing his eyes to not stare at those lips pouting like that just inches away from his mouth Jaebum nods.

–Okay, I will cook.- he accepts, opening his eyes again and seeing the demons smiling wider than ever. His white and sharp fangs looking pretty cute in that grin.

-Great. Now close your eyes.- he orders, and Jaebum quickly obeyed.

The blonde boy didn’t say any spell, or put some weird oil on him, not something like that. Jaebum felt just his hand, his warm skin colliding against his, placed over his eyes and slowly sliding up to the rest of his head; touching every part and making the pain disappear under his kind fingertips.

-Done.- he simply says, moving his small hand away.

Opening his eyes slowly Jaebum sees him smirking pretty much smug. –Thank you.- he mumbles, perhaps watching those lips too much. 

 -You are welcome, human.- he answers, smirking wider. -Just one more thing…- the demon says, the smirk slowly fading away from his pale features.

Jaebum didn’t have time to wonder about it, when suddenly the blonde boy standing in front of him press tight against his chest. Jaebum eyes open wide in shock at the bold and unexpected action, feeling warm waves running through his skin and making him quite nervous yet surprisingly anxious. The sharp, point nose of the demon went straight to his neck, adhering to his skin and wandering slowly in every inch. He smells, tickling Jaebum with his quick breathing and making him tremble as he moves near his shoulder; coming back to smell at the back of his ear and down to his neck where he started. Jaebum doesn’t have idea of what is happening, but the sensation of the little demon pressing against him, the feeling of his skin connected to his and the tight but soft grip of his hands gripping his own cause on Jaebum a wild rush of endorphins to shoot through his body, making him enjoy this probably a lot more of what he should.

-You stink of female.- the demon mumblea against his neck, his warm and soft lips brushing ever so slightly against his skin; making the black hairws boy shiver strongly.

-Might be because… a classmate came over to finish a project?- Jaebum wonders quietly, noticing how his breathing had turn rather irregular.

-I do not know what a classmate is, but I hate her scent.- he comments in a low, slightly dark tone; not moving away not even an inch.

-Uh, I’m sorry… should I take another bath to take it off?- Jaebum asks, not really sure of what to say as the demon nuzzle his neck so fascinatingly alluring.

-It will not come off with water and soap…- he whispers, sliding down to his shoulder.

-T-then…?- Jaebum mumbles as he feels those lips ghosting over his skin so temptingly, hating himself and hating him when his voice echo unsettled in the room.

‘Like this’ was the last thing Jaebum heard, before short yet warm arms closed around him; hugging him tight and pressing him against the small but slim body of the blonde demon. Jaebum didn’t dare to move, he just stand there, not knowing where to place his hands and not even thinking in something to say. Something tells him he doesn’t have to, it feels like he should stay and let him do whatever he has or want to do. Although having that sensation doesn't make it any easier for him. What it’s happening at the moment likes him too much, way too much and Jaebum wants to kick himself for that. He is enjoying his warm, his soft skin, his tight but somewhat gentle hug, his amazingly nice scent.

“Wait…” Jaebum thinks, daring to move his head to nuzzle those golden lock. “Wet grass and wood.” he smiles softly, identifying the perfume he felt two nights ago in his bed.  

-Why are you hugging me?- Jaebum asks him, looking down as he can at the pale face lying in the curve of his neck.

-Because you have to have my smell, human.- the demon answers, nuzzling his skin one more time.

-Okay, but why?- Jaebum insists, not understanding what he wants to say with that and getting use to the feeling of the demon pressing against him.

-Tch…- he snarls softly. –Because if I will be spending a long period of time with you then you must have my scent. It will keep other demons off of you and it will be more pleasant for me to be around you.- he explains, sounding cutely grumpy in the Jaebum's opinion.

-So now I will stink like you, I see.- he comments with a mocking smirk mildly paint upon his lips.

-Hey, I don’t stink! My scent is nice!- the demon exclaims, this time offended; finally looking up.

There’s a moment of silence as they stare at each other as both of them realize in the position they are in, and Jaebum can feel does small hands at his back trembling softly. But that fascinating sensation was over once the blonde demon had quickly put his arms away, taking two or maybe three steps away from Jaebum.

-Will you start cooking, human?- he asks, curiously not looking back at the boy leaning against the counter.

-Yes, as soon as you tell me about the game I have to play to win my three favors.- Jaebum answers casually, holding himself back to laugh at how those onyx orbs open wide.

-What?! That it’s not in our deal!- the demon exclaims clearly irritated, staring angrily at the brown hair boy.

-I know, but it’s most likely you will banish without telling me once you are over with the food.- Jaebum tells confident of his words, not feeling intimidated by that harsh gaze at all.

-Well, you really aren’t any stupid, uh?- he wonders, being rather mocking. –I will tell you, then.- he smirks, sitting down upon the table as previously.

Crossing his arms Jaebum just waits for the demon to start, hoping to not have to do some weird thing; or worst, summoned another creature like him.

-It is actually pretty simple.- the demon says, his handsome feature completely relax. –You have to guess what type of demon I am.- he tells, smiling quite impish.

-There are types of demons?- Jaebum wonders surprised, feeling suddenly curios about it.

-Yes, you disrespectful human!- he growls irritated, making Jaebum think he just hit his pride. -Do I look like some low-class demon trying to up this world?!- he asks showing his fangs, still not intimidating the other boy.

-Oh, so you are a high-class demon. I see.- Jaebum comments thoughtful, loving the way the demon clench his jaw so amazingly annoyed. –That makes things a little easier, thanks.- he adds, smirking mockingly content.

-Shut up and cook…- the demon grumbles, crossing his arms and turning his black eyes away.

-Is there any rule I should know?- Jaebum asks, giving to the fact he is playing with a demon he should know the rules to not have surprises later on.

-You have three weeks to guess, until midnight of the last day. - he answers moody, not looking back at Jaebum.

-And if I don’t guess it by then?- the black haired boy wonders, having a bad feeling about it when those black eyes suddenly place on him… looking rather excited.

-If you don’t guess it after three weeks, we can’t fulfill the contract. If we can’t fulfill the contract then we have to use any of the other ways to ending it. I doubt you can find the only way to kill me… therefor, if you don’t guess what type of demon I am until three weeks counting from today I will have to kill you.-

The demon tells, his low and dark voice rumbling loudly in Jaebum's head like an alarm siren. Cold, cold shivers spread under his skin to every single part of his uneasy anatomy, making him tremble slightly afraid. Is not that he is not scared of death, because he knows he won’t have any night of good sleep from today on; but Jaebum is quite confident of his knowledge and he is pretty sure the book must be the key to find that out. He is afraid, of course; but not because of that he will give up. Not that he has any other option, though.

-Okay. Let’s start then.- Jaebum smirks, not showing the weak part of his self which is crumbling right now.

-If you say so, human…- he comments, his deep and soft voice echoing in Jaebum's mind like some evil spell gnawing his conscience.

Making Jaebum doubt about accepting that game.