The Ephemeral

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

The sweet, cold beverage slides down his throat; cooling down the thirst and cleaning from his mouth the bitter taste of Suzy's kisses. A long, relieved sigh drops from his wet lips; losing itself in the loud noise of the vegetables cooking thanks to the hot olive oil on the wok. Jaebum isn’t the type of guy who would choose to eat this kind of meals, but there was nothing else on the fridge and he is pretty sure no one will deliver a pizza at a very late monday night. Luckily he has some chicken , which must be good enough to make this vegetable wok be not only edible but also quite enjoyable. He is hungry as Hell, yet that doesn’t mean he want to eat just anything. He has with someone he doesn't even like. He deserves, at least, a delicious dinner.

“I should fall in love with food, it will never be a trouble” Jaebum thinks bitterly amused, chucking softly while he adds the chicken to the mix.

-Mmmm… that smells so good, human~- a low, quiet voice whispers; soft, full lips brushing nicely against his ear as a small but slim body press against his back, making Jaebum tense.

-Hungry?- Jaebum wonders, moving the wok carefully; feeling those little hands placing upon his shoulders, gripping them tenderly, causing his heart to pick up.

-Quite much, actually.- he murmurs, so close to his ear that Jaebum could even hear to subtle sound of that pink tongue slowly that sinful mouth.

And damn, he wants to kiss him so bad...

-Is it done?- the King asks curious, taking a few steps back; leaving Jaebum all anxious and wishful.

-In five minutes.- Jaebum breathes out heavily, hating him and hating himself in levels no one would ever imagined. -Why are you here?- he asks tiredly, leaning against the counter kitchen but never looking back at him.

-Well, it has been a long time since the last time and I thought I could just come to check how things are.- the blonde demon answers nonchalantly, and Jaebum could hear the mute sound of the King resting against the table. –Luckily, I came in right time~- he adds, quite playful.

-This isn’t much for the both of us.- Jaebum mumbles somewhat grumpy, not wanting to share the only food he has.

-Did you forget with who are you talking?- the King wondera, his silky voice echoing with such a y egocentric tone while he stands beside Jaebum.

His brown orbs lift, meeting shortly with those deep onyx orbs before deviating down to his pink lips, finding a confident and y smirk. What happened, happened fast; and in a minute his intense gaze was quickly moving back to square one. Jaebum could’ve love to watch that alluring grin a little longer before the small portion cooking on the wok suddenly grown, multiplying and overflowing the shallow container; forcing him to act hurriedly to save the entire dish.

-Ups~ I did not have in mind the small thing you are cooking on~- the blonde demon comments amused, yet Jaebum could hear clearly a ring of mischievousness in that soft voice.

-I thought only Jesus could multiply food.- Jaebum mocks, grabbing two plates to serve the dinner; taking one rush glance to the cute frowning face of his demon.

-I am a Noble King Demon, do you think I cannot do something as simple as that?- he wonders obviously offended, making Jabeum smile amused.

-I didn’t say you can’t, I just thought only Jesus could.- he insists, taking the plates and placing them upon the dinner table. -What do you want to drink?- he asks, setting the utensils and glasses as well.

-Water will do just fine.- the King mumbles, awkwardly sitting down on the table.

Taking a glass jar full of cool water and his most favorite soda out the fridge Jaebum has to bite a loud chuckle at how unfamiliar the blonde demon is with human’s things. This isn’t the first time they eat together, yet the way the boy examines the fork is way more than funny yet adorable at the same level.

-You can start, you know.- Jaebum says with a light playful smile, placing down both beverages on the table; filling up his King’s glass with pure water.

-I know, I was just waiting for you.- the demon answers simply, surprising Jaebum a lot.

-Oh… really? Why so?- he asks curious, because he could’ve sworn Kings Demons don’t wait for anyone in any kind of circumstances.

-Isn’t basic dinner protocol?- the King wonders elegantly amused, his deep eyes looking straight at his human ones.

-Well, yes. But how do you know?- Jaebum asks again, eyebrows frowning softly in confusion; hearing him coughing somewhat nervously.

-I just know.- the King answers sharply, ending the topic as the first bite of the night goes into his mouth. –This is actually quite delicious, human.- he comments, eyes looking down to the full plate.

-Ummm, I’m glad you like it.- Jaebum smiles as he watches the little demon eating as he opens the cold soda and serves himself a glass, tasting the addictive flavor flooding his mouth.

But the way the blonde’s little nose moves calls his eyes right away, and soon those warm black orbs are staring at him curious. Jaebum finishes the drink and puts the glass down, his lips slowly as he catches the sight of his demon’s mouth hanging slightly open while he stares ever so intensely at him. He would love to throw the table away and claim those pouty lips as his right in this precise instant, but Jaebum holds himself back, arching an in inquiring eyebrow to the dazed King. He stills wants him to make a move first.

-What?- Jaebum wonders faking confusion, seeing those small ears moving at the echo of his voice.

-What is that you are drinking?- the King asks directly, his nose picking up again while Jaebum serves another glass of the yellow liquid.

-This? It’s just my favorite lemon soda, do you want some?- he offers, handing him the full glass.

-What does it taste like…?- the blonde demon asks doubtful, accepting the glass and smelling the liquid closely.

-Well, like lemon. But it’s really sweet, don’t worry. You will like it, trust me.- Jaebum assures with a confidant smile, knowing the boy might be still a little unsure about it.

To his surprise the demon put his lips at the edge of the glass, drinking the beverage without a second thought. Jaebum watch amazed how his Adam's apple moves as the cold soda slides down his throat, and he can’t believe how that simple scene is. His mouth dries slowly, having the sudden fantasy of biting on it, hearing his imaginary moan rumbling noisily around his mental head. The tempting sight of those wet, pink lips leaving the glass doesn’t help much; and neither does the deep yet soft sigh of delight escaping his lemon-flavored mouth. Damn, he really wants to throw this table away.

-Mmm, I can totally understand why it is your favorite.- he comments, calling Jaebum's attention and forcing him to look up.

-Do you want some more?- Jaebum breathes out heavily his question, seeing those lips curving in a malicious smirk.

-Why do you like seeing me drink this?- he asks ever so mischievous, and Jaebum thought his heart was about to stop beating.

-I-I don’t!- he exclaims –probably freaks out- feeling his cheeks burning mildly at that interrogative. Was him too obvious?

-Do not try to lie to me. I told you, didn’t I? We are fully connected, I can feel how you feel.- he explains, that tempting smirk never leaving his mouth.

Jaebum stays quiet for a little bit, playing restlessly with the fork. He cannot possibly tell him the truth, but he can’t neither lie; what should he say then? The inquisitors, black eyes staring at him aren’t really helpful to think in a good excuse, yet Jaebum has one nice way to get out clear on this uncomfortable situation. It isn’t the true, but isn’t exactly a lie either; therefor there is no chance his demon can know the little trick on it.

-Well… I was just thinking that… I’ve always wanted to kiss someone who had just drink this lemon soda.- Jaebum confesses, his honest brown eyes looking straight into those deep dark orbs.

-It’s that so?- the King wonders, eyebrows lifting  along with a malicious smirk. –So you want to kiss me then?- he asks in obvious mocking tone, his pink tongue running slowly above those wet lips.

-No, I was just thinking. Watching you I remember about it, that’s all.- Jaebum shrugs dismissively, turning his gaze down on the plate to finally start eating… and ending such embarrassing moment.

 But he misses the cute and grumpy way the blonde demon pouts and frowns at his words.

-Anyhow, tell me. What did that stinky Love Angel did?- he asks, with a sudden annoyed tone the black haired boy did not miss this time.

-He grant me the favor I told you about, so Suzy and I are lovers now.- Jaebum answers as he lift his eyes, biting back a chuckle at how cutely angry his demon eats.

-I figure as much, you stink like now. But what I wanted to ask was what did he do, did he really erased her feelings?- the demon tells, speaking with his cute mouth full of food; making it hard for Jaebum to hold back his smile.

-No, as you said; that’s something he can’t do. Instead, he put a spell on her. He didn’t want to tell me what this spell is exactly, he mention something about Angels’ unrevealable secrets; he just said the spell will make her heart numb until I decide to break it. He wasn’t so sure if it could work, because if her feelings were too strong then nothing could fool a heart like that, but it seems she isn’t deeply in love with me… luckily.- Jaebum explains, seeing the King doing some funny angry faces as he listen the tale.

-Hmp, Park Jinyoung and his sneaky tricks. You must be happy, you got want you wanted.- the King comments with a slight acid tone in his heavy, bothered voice; never lifting his gaze from the hot meal he is enjoying.

-Ummm, you could say so…- Jaebum lies softly, taking a new bite and tasting the food a little bitter.

He could never tell he is actually miserable with that favor, but he doesn’t care, right? Whatever happens to Jaebum, in his heart or mind, he simple doesn’t care, does he? Jaebum is there, going through all that whirlwind of mixed feelings, impossible sleepless nights, even hooking up with a girl he doesn’t like at all and he just doesn’t care… But why would he? He is a demon, and Jaebum is being just too selfish thinking he would care, wishing he would care for a poor soul like him. In a way, Jaebum believes is a good thing; because like this he will never hear his demon’s silk voice saying those awful words. Yet in the other hand, he is breaking inside little by little knowing he is nothing to the King demon… what will happen when he fall apart completely?

-What’s wrong? You are sad out of a sudden.- that soft, delicate voice asks him, making Jaebum to snap out of his hurtful inner thoughts.

Their gazes meet in the distant, and Jaebum's heart beats hurriedly when he finds in those black eyes a curious but warm spark of worry. He gives him a warning glance, remembering him he cannot lie about how he feels, yet the thought never cross Jaebum's mind. It’s hard to explain and it is weird for him to believe, but the concern he sees painted so clearly all over those usually empty orbs fixes all the broken walls of his heart in an alarming fast way. He doesn’t care… does he?

-Actually, I’m not happy with my favor.  I want to break the spell.- Jaebum confesses, with such a serious and determinate tone.

-Mmm… I knew there was something off in the way you feel when you are with her.- the blonde demon comments thoughtful, leaving the fork down on the table. –Then, why don’t you just break it?- he asks curious, eyebrows frowning doubtful.

-I don’t know… I’m thinking about it. But what do you mean you felt something was off?- Jaebum asks interested in the answer, because the King can’t know he was thinking about him, right?... right?

-It’s quite difficult to explain. I could felt you were enjoying very much to her but… at the same it felt like it wasn’t she the reason why you felt so good. Do you know what I mean?- he tells in a low, slightly mischievous tone; his black eyes narrowing inquisitors.

-Yeah, well, that’s exactly why I’m thinking about breaking the spell.- Jaebum comments, trying to not sound too nervous.

-What are you referring to?- the demon asks curious, yet the way he frowns so deeply it tells he is getting annoyed.

-Ummm… I think about that someone else I like when I’m with Suzy so…- Jaebum explains awkwardly, not understanding why out of nowhere the King looks bothered.

-Hmp, I thought so.- he grumbles, arms crossing over his chest and eyes diverting somewhere else in the kitchen. –I cannot understand why you asked for that in the first place. It’s insane.- he adds, in a low and moody hiss.

-It was a moment of weakness, I think.- Jaebum comments not really interested in the topic as much as he is interested in the curios and odd behavior of the blonde demon.

-Then I shall remind you that you only have 2 favors left. Have that in mind and do not have another ‘moment of weakness’ You are wasting your chances. And what it is worst, you are wasting my time.- the King says coldly, his eyebrows frowning in a stern expression.

“Oh, if you only knew” Jaebum rolls his eyes at the ironic situation. –I will, I promise.- he scoffs, before taking a sip of his favorite soda.

-Yes, you better do.- he mumbles threatening, his dark orbs glancing sharply to the black haired boy from the corner of his eyes.

It doesn’t scare Jaebum, of course. Not even slightly. Jaebum knows his demon isn’t mad because he ‘wasted his time’, he is mad because of something Jaebum can’t possibly imagine. He would love to ask, but surely he won’t get any answer so the smart thing to do it brush it off and let it pass. He might be upset but he is terribly cute when he is and Jaebum wants to enjoy that a little longer.

-Anyways, I’m done with dinner and I’m going to bed so… good night.- he simply tells, standing up and stretching a little bit.

-What? So soon?- the King wonders surprised, his handsome face changing dramatically.

-So soon? It’s almost 1AM. And I’m awfully tired, on top of that.- Jaebum explains trying to not laugh at the incredulous expression of his demon.

-You only cooked, how can you possibly be so tired because of it?- he asks acid as he stands up as well, taking one step closer.

-Well, to be honest, Suzy was here earlier and I didn’t know literally drain all your force.- Jaebum comments, knowing he will get annoyed and will make that adorable face he likes all too much.

-I don’t give a if that ed the life out of you, you will stay with me until I want to go back home.- the King states fervently, quickly closing the gap between their bodies and leaning dangerously close to his human’s face.

Jaebum had to bit his lips to not chuckle at how cutely temper he is.

-Are you, perhaps, jealous?- he wonders curiously, smirking in a bold mocking grin.

-You wish…- the demon sneers, as a seductive yet devil smile curves in his pink lips. –I just want you to have the same courtesy I had by coming here to check how you were doing. Don’t get funny ideas in that empty head of yours. - he tells, ever so malicious.

-I didn’t ask you to come to check on me, mister King Demon.- Jaebum murmurs in an even more mocking tone, feeling suddenly trapped against a cold wall and his demon’s hot body.

Damn, this is getting dangerous.

-Don’t try to play smart with me, human. Know your ing place.- the blonde demon whispers darkly, staring intensively into those brown orbs. –Now be a good boy and just stay with me.- he says, with a softer and calmer voice.

-If I do… will you… talk about Yong Guk and Yugyeom?- Jaebum inquires doubtful, knowing this could probably be his only chance to make him talk about them. The thought of who those two are and what do they mean to the King demon had been gnawing his mind for far too long now.

 -Yes, I will. I knew you would want to know about them, I was going to tell you anyways.- he grumbles, rolling his black little eyes in an annoyed motion.

-Okay then, I will do it with one condition.- Jaebum says, smirking as he admires the cute surprised face of his demon.

-What condition?- the King wonders, frowning slightly in irritation.

But as soon as Jaebum's words drop from his moistened lips that frown and the sudden surprise disappears, leaving behind a sly smirk and a mischievous gaze on the handsome demon’s features.

-You have to kiss me.-

-You like when I kiss you, don’t you…?- the King murmurs in an alluring mix of seductiveness and mockery; making Jaebum smirk as well as he leans closer.

-Don’t act like you don’t like it…- he whispers as seductive as his demon, feeling his soft breath caressing his mouth. Dragging him out of reality already.

What Jaebum saw was ephemeral, broken by those sweet lips trapping his own in deep and bewitching kiss. The softness and the delightful taste of lemon inside his wet mouth send mild yet strong spams of pleasure, running calmly under Jaebum's warm skin. The tender but possessive way those hot pink lips abuse his gets Jaebum's breathing heavier and irregular, making him pant for more in between his maddening mouth… But the cause of the loud beating of his joyful heart, jumping excited and anxiously wishful is the memory of that ephemeral thing he saw. It’s the ever so lovely smile and the adorable carmine color painted on his cute face before kissing him.