The Unthinkable

The Third Favor. 2Jae edition

Hey guys!!! How are you all doing? I hope you are good~~ Sorry if today's chapter is short and boring, I promise next one will be super interesting ;)

Thank you all for commenting and subscribing! Hope you are enjoying this as much as I do~


Though a clear crystal window warm, playful sun rays sneaks into the bedroom; gently till the tiniest bit of the handsome demon boy sleeping peacefully right beside him. Jaebum sighs soundless, turning carefully on his side, propping his elbow on the fluffy pillow and resting his head on the open palm of his hand; feeling the nice caress of early morning light against his neck. Quietly, Jaebum's brown orbs wander across his relaxed demonic features; his plump lips curling in the sweetest smile. His pale eyelids closed, protecting those beautiful dark seas from the burning light of the sun. His slim eyebrows completely straight, not forming the cute frown Jaebum had seen too many times. His pointy, perfect nose inhaling steadily, working along with his slightly part rosy lips breathing out silently; making his chest rose and fall calmly under the baby blue sheet over the two of them. Such heartwarming picture, Jaebum never thought he could witness.

Long fingers run across his black locks, as his elbow slides a little more into the pillow, getting just a tiny bit closer to the sleeping demon. The graceful way a few golden strands fall over his hidden eyes is, as contradicting as it sounds, angelic; giving to his adorable looks a hint of tenderness. In fact if Jaebum didn’t know his true self he could, without question, believe he had fallen from Heaven. Such beauty and perfection, humans are not mean to have and Jaebum neither could have ever imagined a demon to look so celestial. But obviously Jaebum does know what he is, and luckily the King demon is asleep; in other way he could’ve find out his thoughts and Jaebum is pretty much sure his demon could be furious at him for thinking such offensive things.

The sweet curve in his lips gets affectively wider, past moments of his grumpy demon flooding his mind as Jaebum remembers every single one of them; wondering if he should ever mention how cute he can be sometimes. Jaebum knows that its not such a great idea, giving to how proud he is to be a powerful and evil demon, yet after the series of nice things the blonde King demon have done for him Jaebum can let himself be a bit brave. He had opened up to him about Yong Guk and Yugyeom, even when he could’ve just ignored Jaebum's curiosity. He had accepted the fact that Jaebum feels attracted to him, and not also reciprocated every single kiss Jaebum had gave him but kissed him first as well like Jaebum have been yearning for almost desperately. Furthermore, he had come to him last night; seeking for Jaebum. Even if it was just for company, silence or because he couldn’t go back to his Kingdom because of Yugyeom, the blonde demon had chosen Jaebum. He thought about him, even when he could’ve spend the night anywhere in the Globe, he choose him. Over thousands of better options, he choose Jaebum in such crucial moment.

“Is there any chance, as tiny and barely possible as it might be, to feel… something for me?” Jaebum asks, seeing with longing and hopeful eyes at the beautiful creature in front of him.

He can’t bring himself to question that out loud, even if he can’t hear him now, because Jaebum is well aware of the answer; and he should have probably never even thought about it in the first place. He had made himself clear already; humans and demons are not meant to be together.

“And even if we were… you are incapable to feel love… You are not made to feel love” Jaebum remember his exact same words, heart aching painfully as all the hope shatters in him.

The smile on his lips vanishes a little, turning into just a weak curve which barely can stay still. Jaebum knew he should have never yearned for something so impossible, but emotions are not rational and very deep inside of him Jaebum blindly believed he could actually developed some sort of affection towards him. The events of last night only made his expectations grow bigger and stronger; completely shutting down his logical reasoning which was whispering desperately for him to realize how things are in fact. He should’ve listened that voice way before. He should’ve drop any hope when he found out things will never be as he wants.

“Then why… why do you kiss me? Why do you let me get so near you? Why do you not push me away? Why don’t you make me hate you? Why do you promise me you won’t go? Why… why do you play with my heart like this?” Jaebum asks, over and over again inside his overwhelmed mind.

Sad tears rush to the edge of his dark eyes slowly, as his hand lift; fingertips ghosting over his cute plump cheek, feeling how warm and smooth his perfect skin is. His fingers slid carefully, caressing fearfully every inch of velvet skin he can touch, feeling his heart aching in sorrow because even such little thing like that makes him fall even more in love. So hopelessly in love.

-Why… are you so cruel to me?- Jaebum murmurs, voice weak and broken as his heart, his hand kindly moving away from those evil features.

The bed creaks faintly as he sits up above the mattress, fingers running restless across the sea of messy black locks, tugging harshly on them to hold back the teardrops threatening to fall from his darken eyes. Every insignificant question he would have, every doubt or curiosity, Jaebum knows all of them will be left unanswered because he is not strong enough to voice them out his turbulent mind. And even if something as improbable as that happens, Jaebum is perfectly sure the King demon could never give him the answers he is so desperately seeking. Very deep inside a part of him does not want to hear them either, afraid of all the cruel things he could say, but his heart… his heart does need to know. His poor psyche can bear the heavy weight of unknown things, yet his hopeless heart needs to know if its feelings are reciprocated or not. He needs to know his heart is not being toy.

The knot of sorrowful emotions goes down his throat as Jaebum swallows mutely in the peace of the bedroom, hands shifting lifelessly from his hair to rub off a few rebel tears still holding into the edge of his eyes. Crying won’t make any difference, it won’t change anything, it never does, but Jaebum had never been this heartbroken before, and tears are all he has now. He will have them for a long while, Jaebum believes, until he gets rid of the love he feels today. Or until he leaves, that seems to be the only way to forget. If he is gone, all those feelings will be gone with him, won’t them? Out of sight, out of mind, that’s what everyone says.

-Jae…? Hmp… human?- a raspy, sleepy voice whispers; while warm, thin fingers close softly around his arm. -What are you doing? Go back to sleep…- he says grumpily, tugging the black haired boy’s arm weakly to pull him back.

“Was he going to call my name?” Jaebum thinks, hearing the hammering of his heartbeat in every part of his head. “No, idiot! Don’t get any more hope! It must stop” he says to himself as he sighs heavily, feeling nice waves spreading in his skin as he pushes away the fingers holding into his arm.

-I will get up, you can stay if you want.- Jaebum says emotionlessly, kicking the sheet over his legs to get out of the bed.

-I am already awake thanks to you, so I can only get up as well.- the King comments, slightly complaining, standing up from the mattress too.

-Oh, well, I’m going to take a shower. You know where the kitchen is, you can have breakfast without me.- Jaebum tells nonchalant, even when his heart races inside his chest as he hears loud and clear how the blonde demon gets closer to him.

-I want to take a shower too. I always do it before breakfast.- he says casually, standing behind the black haired boy; finding amusing how hard his heart thumps right now.

-W-well, you can take it after me. Or do you want to go first? Oh, yes, Kings should go first. Go ahead, the bathroom is near the stairs.- Jaebum nervously blurs out, clenching his fists as he mentally curse himself. Can he get any more idiotic?

Shaking his soft and almost unnoticeable his head Jaebum answered that for himself, stretching his hand out to open the wardrobe’s door, seeking for some clothes as he anxiously waits to hear the demon boy walking away from him. However, his fingertips barely could brush against the cold metal doorknob before a small hand closed around his forearm, tugging on it and dragging Jaebum along with the King’s calm but steady steps. Looking down at the blonde head of his demon with wide opened incredulous eyes Jaebum quietly follows him, wandering across the aisle which, for some reason, seems to not have any end right now. Teeth sink nervously on his bottom lip, while Jaebum watches in strictest silence how the small demon leads them into the cool bathroom, feeling his expectation growing stronger with uneasiness under his skin.

-What are we doing in the bathroom?- Jaebum asks, praying hard to every Deity to not let it be what he thinks it is.

-Tch, you and those stupid questions…- the King snarls, rolling his onyx eyes. –We are going to shower, what else would we do?- he wonders ironic, a small smirk curving slowly upon his hot pink lips.

Jaebum's throat dries instantly after those words, making him cough a little. His breathing gets slightly heavier, thanks to the way his heart rush to beat anxiously fast against his chest. It can’t be. It just can’t be. God does not hate him this much…

…does He?