Information about Round 2

Colorful World SHINee fic fest Round 2!

error

Hello guys!
So we recently asked you to participate in a poll about the schedule concerning the second round of our fest! And it seems you want us to start early ;)
So we will do just so!

 

The option with the most votes was “A”. So the schedule for the upcoming Round of ‘Colorful World’ will be as follows:


27th August – 24th September: Prompting Period
26th September: Claiming starts

-> 23th October: informal check-in
-> 5th December: Submission Day

11th – 17th December: Postings
18th December: Reveals

 

Thank you so much again for participating in our poll!

 

Now we will continue with the important stuff.


If you are new to our SHINee fic fest you might want to refer to our FAQ post HERE. However, if you have more questions please feel free to get in contact with us via our email, twitter, livejournal or aff page ^^ We will try our utmost best to answer any question that you may have.  
We would also like to announce that starting this round we aren’t only posting to livejournal and asianfanfics but also on ao3!

 

Prompting will begin on August 27th. We will use a ‘Google form’ to collect all of your prompts just like we did in Round 1.
You will have until September 24th to hand in all those beautiful SHINee prompts you can think of! Let’s beat last year’s record of 184, okay? ;)
You can choose to be an anonymous prompter, however we would like you to leave an Email-address so we can message you if any problem arises. All of your information will be handled with care and nothing but your username will be revealed during the fest (if you do not choose the ‘stay anonymous’ option).


Claiming will start on September 26th. We will release the prompt archive one day prior to this, so you can already have a look at all the gorgeous prompts you can adopt. Claiming will stay open till probably end of November.
As last time, you can choose to be an anonymous writer if you wish so.

 

Informal check-in, just like last year the check-in will only require you to fill out the blanks in the check-in Email we will send you a week prior to the final check-in date. There is no need to attach your work in that Mail. We will only ask for a few details concerning your prompt and your username as well as your current word count. Your word count can be zero, we just want to know if you have any intention of finishing your fic before the due date.

 

Submission Day will be on December 5th. Please send in your finished fic (attached as .docx, .txt, .rtf, or google doc) by said date to our email address.
If you need an extension, please message us BEFORE this date.
If you want to drop out please message us. No reason needs to be given, just let us KNOW. Please. It is a hassle to keep waiting for people who are not answering our emails.

 

Furthermore, we have some general rules that apply to our fest.
1) This is a SHINee fic fest. Any SHINee OTP is welcome as well as any OT3, OT4, or OT5. But please keep in mind that the main focus should be on the boys.

2) We won’t accept any prompts or fanfictions containing noncon/dubcon content or extreme ia. Keep in mind that we also won’t accept any discrimination against a member or any discrimination regarding race, religion or ual orientation.

3) Any prompt that has sensitive content must be labelled as such. This includes material like character death, , gore or heavy kinks. We will repeat this again in our prompting post.

4) No plagiarism will be tolerated.

5) Please do not talk about your prompts/claims on social networking accounts. Any fic will be posted anonymously before the ‘reveals’-post will be uploaded. This will make the experience more unique!

6) The minimum word count for your work is 2000 words. If you need an extension or you need to drop out because of personal reasons, please inform us Mods as soon as you know.

7) You can stay anonymous as prompter and writer, however you need at least one social network account (twitter, livejournal, asianfanfics, ao3, tumblr) and a valid E-mail address so the Mods can contact you.

8) Any additional information will be given with the corresponding post (prompting post, claiming post, submission guidelines)

 

 

That’s it for the general introduction for Round 2! Mods K and Y are already looking forward to working with you!!
Please stay tuned for the Prompting Post! We will upload it one day before Prompting will start… that means August 26th! That leaves you with enough time to read through the guidelines again before we open the prompting form on the 27th ^^ People who are already familiar with our fest know the drill ;)

See you guys at the end of August! ;)
K&Y