Nine.

Calm Waters

“Kris is going to kill us” Yixing snickered as he and Luhan rifled through Tao’s things, grinning as they found what they sought after.

Luhan beamed as he held the small bottle of pills in his hand, “It’ll be worth it” he said easily enough, “Where should we hide them?”

They’d waited for the perfect time, not wanting it to be suspicious when Tao’s sea-sickness medicine went missing. They figured nine days was long enough for them to not be the first suspects in the line-up, especially since the two of them had been pretty preoccupied with their new found friends on the boat.

It gave Kris no reason to think they’d be up to anything.

“Where does Tao never look?” Yixing wondered aloud.

Luhan snorted, “Anywhere where there isn’t a mirror?”

Yixing laughed along with him as the pair of them looked around the room, “Oh, why don’t we hide them with Sehun or Junmyeon?” he suggested.

Luhan grinned back at him before planting a sloppy kiss on his best friend’s face, “Zhang Yixing, you utter babe!” he praised, “Let’s go with Sehun. Junmyeon will ask questions, and you don’t seem willing enough to distract him with ual favours”

“I’ve known him less than two weeks!” Yixing objected, “Excuse me for not jumping into bed with him on the first night”

Luhan smirked, “Oh, you know you wanted to though. I see the way you look at him, it’s like watching someone devour a piece of meat with their eyes” he pointed out, “What’s holding you back?”

Yixing shrugged, “I think I like him for real” he said softly, “I… I’m hoping we’ll stay in touch after the holiday, you know? Maybe… Ah, I don’t know what I’m saying. I just…”

“No, I get it” Luhan said, the smirk on his lips falling into a genuine smile, “I think that’s sweet. I didn’t know you were so romantic” he added cheekily.

“Get ed” Yixing scoffed with a roll of his eyes before adding, “And if you say one thing about you and Sehun, I’ll tell Kris you used his face razor to shave your balls”

Luhan’s eyes widened, “You wouldn’t?!”

“Try me, Lu” Yixing smirked now, “I might have the face of an angel, but I sure as hell ain’t one”

“No ing , you weasel” Luhan rolled his eyes, “Come on anyway, we need to get these out of here before they get back!”

The two of them headed out of the room and down the hall to Sehun’s room, bickering as they did, though it was all in good fun as they shoved and nudged at one another.

Luhan knocked thrice on the door, but there was no answer.

“Did you even know if he’d be in?” Yixing hissed, looking between Luhan and the door, “Kris could come down here at any second!”

Luhan shoved him in the chest, “Will you shut up?” he huffed, “Just… let me try the door”

“Are you asking me to break into your little boyfriend’s room right now?!”

Luhan gave him a bored look, “It isn’t breaking in if the door’s unlocked” he said, before adding as an afterthought, “And believe me, he isn’t little”

“I like how you didn’t deny the boyfriend part though” Yixing smirked, watching as Luhan reached out and tried the handle.

“I will ing end you!” Luhan glared, twisting the handle and pushing the door open, “Yes!” he grinned, grabbing Yixing’s wrist with his free and hand pulling him into the room, closing the door and locking it behind them.

Yixing pulled a face as he looked around the room, “Is it just me, or does this room literally scream ‘lads holiday’?”

To say the room was a mess would have been an understatement. None of the three beds were made and clothes were littered across the floor in such a haphazard way that it almost called out Chanyeol’s name.

There was an array of shoes all over the place, one on the pillow of Jongin’s bed and the other seemingly missing.

Luhan grimaced, “Yeah, it does… But then again, we live with Kris… So…”

As much of a mess as the room was, Kris was by far the messiest person Luhan had ever had the misfortune of knowing. Okay, so Kris was a great guy, but his inability to clean up after himself made both Luhan and Yixing want to tear their hair out.

Tao was oblivious to this though. Since he had moved in with the three of them – after much persuasion from Kris – he was practically blind to any of Kris’s downfalls, too blinded by how in love he was with the clumsy man with the massive brows.

“Touché” Yixing nodded, “Okay, where shall we hide it?” he asked, looking around the room for a good spot.

Granted, they probably could have just tossed it on the floor and let it to get swept up with the rest of the mess, but they needed to make sure this couldn’t be linked back to them, the longer nobody found them out, the better it would be for their lives.

Luhan smirked as he walked over to Sehun’s bed and crouched down to see how much room was available below it, “Sweet! There’s a gap under the beds that’s just big enough to fit it.” He said, carefully rolling the bottle of pills beneath Sehun’s bed.

“Perfect” Yixing snickered, “Now we just wait for the magic to happen” offering Luhan a hand to get up.

“Oh this is going to be sweet” Luhan grinned, accepting Yixing’s hand and allowing the younger to pull him back to his feet.

Yixing grinned back at him, “I feel like once Kris figures all of this out, we’re gonna die”

“Oh please,” Luhan scoffed, “I have so much on Kris that he wouldn’t dare” he had a slightly wicked lilt to his voice as he and Yixing walked carefully from the room, hand in hand.

“Like what?” Yixing asked, curiosity always did managed to get the better of him. He gave Luhan’s hand a squeeze to butter him up a little.

He knew he’d won when Luhan rolled his eyes, “Okay, fine, but I’m only telling you one thing because I need this blackmail , man”

“Fairs”

“Kris used to have a crush on you” Luhan told Yixing, a creepy grin on his face, “And I don’t mean like little crush, I mean, he was seriously in love with you. He was going to ask you out, but I convinced him not to” he snorted.

“Why’d you do that?” Yixing laughed, “And did he seriously? Before or after he met Tao?”

Luhan began to swing their arms between them, “Before, it kind of dwindled away after he’d met Tao though. They went on their first date and he came to me and told me that he wanted to get over you because he actually was really started to like someone else. And besides, you were dating that, uh… what’s his face at the time”

“Changmin?”

“Yeah, that dude” Luhan nodded, pulling Yixing towards the main deck, “So that was why I told him not to go for it. Otherwise I’d have said for him to ask you out”

Yixing nodded thoughtfully, “That wouldn’t have been so terrible” he admitted, “But I’m kind of glad he didn’t, because now I’ve met Junmyeon and I think… Well you know how it is”

Luhan smiled, a genuine smile this time as they walked towards the pool area, “Yeah, I know. I really do hope it works out for you, Xing. He seems sweet. Despite having no taste in clothes”

Yixing snorted, “I’ll work on that”

“Good, I can’t have you dating an eyesore” Luhan snorted back.

--

Kyungsoo shuffled awkwardly down the hall, unsure of what he was actually going to do or say, but he knew he needed to just it up and get it over with.

Minseok had been nothing short of a blessing with helping him realise what he was needing to do.

Hesitantly, he came to a stop outside of Jongin’s room. He lifted his hand and rapped lightly on the door. It didn’t surprise him when Jongin answered a moment later with a soft, understanding smile.

“Hi,” the younger said. He half looked like he had been expecting Kyungsoo, and half like it was a total surprise that the slightly older man had actually turned up.

Hell, it wasn’t often that Kyungsoo initiated them hanging out, and whilst that really hurt Jongin sometimes, he understood that Kyungsoo just wasn’t good at initiating things with most people. From what Jongin had seen, it was only really Baekhyun and Jongdae that Kyungsoo even bothered to outwardly make most of an effort with. Though he doubted it wasn’t anything personal to those that he didn’t. He simply had – like everyone did – people he felt more comfortable with.

But the fact that Kyungsoo was stood at his door looking like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar made Jongin feel like maybe, just maybe, he had successfully melted down a bit of the ice that Kyungsoo kept around himself.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Hey. Uh, can we talk?” he shifted his weight from foot to foot uncomfortably.

Starting any conversation was a chore, when Kyungsoo thought about it. He wasn’t great at small talk and he was even worse at starting a real conversation, but he thought on how he would act with his friends and tried to apply it to the situation at hand.

After all, he was a grown man. Having a grown up conversation wouldn’t kill him. Hurt his pride, perhaps, but he’d still live to tell the tale.

Had this been Baekhyun, he’d have offered the other a playful punch on the arm and told him not to let his ego inflate any more than it already had.

Had it been Jongdae, he’d have jokingly said that he wanted to lure him away so that he could swoop in and have Minseok himself, which would have led to playful banter.

If it had been Junmyeon, he knew that Junmyeon would have been even more awkward about it, and it would have ended up with the two of them laughing it off and going for breakfast – since he and Junmyeon were similar in so many ways like that.

And if it had been Minseok, well, Kyungsoo probably would have been chased off the boat by Jongdae anyway, so he wouldn’t have even had to face it. Though he doubted if Minseok would have been bothered anyway, he was the most laid back person Kyungsoo knew.

But it wasn’t any of his friends. It was Jongin that he went and kissed like his life depended on it. It was Jongin that he had drunkenly tired it on with, and that thought was mortifyingly embarrassing.

Jongin nodded in return, “Did you want to talk in here, or…” he trailed off, though succeeded in snapping Kyungsoo from his reverie.

“Let’s walk” Kyungsoo said, it was less suffocating if he felt like he could run away at any point, though he knew he couldn’t do that. He knew that he owed Jongin an apology. As much as it embarrassed him to go through with it.

Jongin pursed his lips in thought, “Okay,” he agreed, “Let me just put on some shoes”

He left the door open as he moved back inside to slip on a pair of boat shoes.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but roll his eyes when Jongin didn’t put on socks first. He pained him that Jongin wasn’t a sock person.

He lingered by the door as Jongin grabbed his wallet and keys from the breakfast bar then turned to join Kyungsoo again. He pulled the door closed behind them and the two of them set off without a destination in mind.

“So…” Jongin cut through the silence cautiously, “You wanted to talk…”

Kyungsoo coughed awkwardly, “Yes, I um, I wanted to apologise for last night. I… I wasn’t quite myself and I put you in an awkward position, so… And thank you for… For how you handled it… I know it must not have been a fun situation to be in” he managed to apologise awkwardly.

Jongin laughed without amusement, “Yeah well, I knew that you’d regret it if anything did happen between us. And should anything ever happen then I’d like for it to be sober and conscious choice on both parts” he told Kyungsoo, glancing at him briefly.

Kyungsoo looked determinedly ahead, “Jongin…” he said cautiously. The truth was, he did like Jongin a lot, but they had just met and Kyungsoo wasn’t the kind of person that could just… be with someone. He needed to know someone a lot better than he knew Jongin to even contemplate anything happening between them, which added to the mortification of what had happened the night before.

Jongin sighed, running a hand through his dishevelled hair. “I know you don’t like me in that way” he said, “I know I’m kidding myself with thinking it. But I want to be your friend if nothing else, Kyungsoo”

“I want that too” Kyungsoo admitted quietly, “I may seem cold and hard, but I like you. I think you’re nice to be around” he got out, proud of himself for not ing it up like he always did when he was talking about feelings.

“I think that’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever said to me” Jongin joked lamely, easing the tension that had worked up between them.

Kyungsoo laughed despite himself, “Don’t get used to it. I’m only able to be nice once a year, so you just used up my quota” he grinned at Jongin, before the two of them broke out in obnoxious laughter.

“I dunno, I think I can squeeze a bit more out of you” Jongin poked at Kyungsoo’s side playfully, “I can be pretty convincing”

Kyungsoo hummed, “That’s true. You still have me convinced that you like to piss on unsuspecting children” he shot back wickedly before shoving Jongin lightly.

Jongin let out a long groan, “Oh god, why are you still on that” he complained.

Kyungsoo laughed, “Because you know how to leave an impression and I know how to not let you forget it” he said, obviously amused as he let himself be shoved playfully by Jongin again.

“You’re awful,” Jongin groaned again, “Why are you like this?”

Kyungsoo’s grin widened, “Because you’re easy to get a reaction out of” he said easily.

“I am not” Jongin huffed playfully.

Kyungsoo smirked up at him, “Oh really?” he taunted lightly, “Say Jongin…”

“What?” Jongin replied cautiously.

Kyungsoo put on an innocent look as he smiled at the floor, “I’m gonna tell Chanyeol you wanna him” he grinned and took off in a run down the hall.

“You better not! , you’re so in for it!” Jongin called down the hall before starting after him at a brisk run.

Kyungsoo was still giggling as he rounded the corner and ran quickly down the hall, avoiding the few people that were coming to and from their rooms, he didn’t glance behind him, not wanting to slow himself down, since he knew that Jongin was hot on his tail.

The boy could ing run. But Kyungsoo wasn’t exactly slow.

He let his instincts guide him through the maze of halls on the lower decks, trying his best to keep Jongin from catching up to him. And honestly, he was having fun.

He was having the kind of fun that Baekhyun always brought out of him, and he was loving every moment of it, despite the awkward start.

He should have known it was pointless to worry over little things, but Kyungsoo was just a worrier. But in that moment, he didn’t care too much, because he wanted to just let himself enjoy this, enjoy his budding friendship with Jongin.

He rounded the corner fast and let out a squeak as he ran right into Jongin’s awaiting arms.

“Got ya!” the younger man grinned, lifting Kyungsoo off the floor and spinning him in a circle playfully before setting him back down on his feet.

Kyungsoo cursed as he clung to Jongin dizzily, “You wanker, you cheated” he laughed with a shake of his head, making Jongin laugh in return.

“I didn’t know there were rules” Jongin defended in amusement, “It’s not my fault you play dirty”

Kyungsoo snickered, “I never play fair” he said, grinning up at Jongin as he held onto his shoulders to keep himself steady.

Jongin still had his arms wrapped loosely around Kyungsoo’s waist in return, “I’ll keep that in mind the next time we’re in competition” he shook his head in amusement.

“Every waking moment of my life is a competition” Kyungsoo said seriously, keeping his face deadpan.

Jongin raised a brow, “Gurl…”

“Oh off” Kyungsoo’s façade broke as he fell into a fit of laughter.

--

Baekhyun grinned cutely as he and Chanyeol sat at the small restaurant just away from the boat. They had docked for a few hours in a small town, he hadn’t gotten the name of it, but it really was very pretty.

It had a very ancient feeling to it, and with the sun shining down, it made for the perfect date.

They were sat out on a small veranda, under an umbrella to keep the sun from burning them as they sipped their drinks and waited for their food to come out.

“I’m really glad you decided to let me take you on a date. Even if it’s only for a couple of hours before we have to get back” Chanyeol said sweetly, running a hand through his hair in something akin to shyness.

Baekhyun waved him off easily, “Ay, I wanted to be here. I’m kind of glad we were able to get away from everyone for a while” he admitted, “Like don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, but so help me god if I don’t get a five minute rest sometimes, I might go crazy”

Chanyeol chuckled, “Your friends seem a lot saner than mine. I mean, you have met Sehun and Jongin, right?”

“You’ve met Kyungsoo, right?” Baekhyun countered, “I have a serial murderer, an old man with bad fashion sense, a weirdo ert and then a quiet dude that is secretly the devil in cute armour” he snorted, “They’re mental. I wouldn’t change them for the word, but still”

Chanyeol laughed, nodding along as he did, “Well then let’s not waste time talking about them. Tell me more about you. What got you into music, like… enough to study it?”

Baekhyun smiled softly at the question, “I’m not sure, I mean I’ve always loved music, always loved making it, singing to it, just everything about it. It’s like… it’s a way of expressing yourself when you don’t know how to in any other way. Music… it’s like this universal language, you know? You can tell what something is about from the tone of the piece, and then you can have this one amazing piece, or these amazing lyrics and what they mean to you can mean something else to another person, but it’s still a way of expressing things that otherwise you don’t know how you’d be able to. I just… I’ve always been pretty out there about who I am, pretty confident, but I’ve never been good at expressing a lot of things that I wanted to until I found music as an outlet. It’s made me who I am today and I’m so lucky to have found something that makes me so happy…

 “I don’t know, I probably sound like a weirdo, but I just love it. It was small things though, like… My mum, when I was little and would have bad dreams, she would always sing Hey Jude to me, and I didn’t understand the words because they were English, but I still felt so comforted by them, you know? And I looked up the words when I was older and they’re so pretty.

 “Music was what used to make my dad unwind at the end of a stressful day. He’s a financial adviser, so he’s always busy helping someone, and he would come home, kick off his shoes and hang up his jacket and he would flick on the record player and listen to old swing music whilst me and my mum cooked dinner and my brother would be upstairs doing homework. And he’d always say to me, ‘Baekhyun-ah, my boy. Sometimes when you need to get away, it’s not about taking your body to a new place, it’s letting your mind find one’ and it always stuck with me, because the same thing my mum used to soothe me was what my dad used to unwind.

 “It was what my brother used to focus, what my friends used to play to… Music is so… so universal, and it means so much to so many people in so many ways, that I couldn’t not love it, you know?

 “To me, music is like my home. It’s something that makes me feel okay even when times are bad… So I wanted my life to be a song, because at least then I knew I’d be okay, you know?”  He trailed off sheepishly, his cheeks flushed with colour as he ducked his head, not wanting Chanyeol to see his embarrassment.

To his surprise though, Chanyeol reached over and use his long fingers to tilt Baekhyun’s chin back up, meeting his eyes with a smile as he did.

“That’s really admirable, you know” Chanyeol said, his voice soft and inviting as he rubbed a thumb over Baekhyun’s cheek.

Baekhyun flushed deeper, “Ah, not really” he said, “It’s just a childish dream really”

“No, no it’s brilliant” Chanyeol told him, “This is something you’re so obviously passionate about and I think it’s so amazing that you had the balls to chase after what you wanted. Music means a lot to me too, but I chose practicality. Don’t get me wrong, science is definitely my passion, but music is something that entices me and scares me all at once. The fact that you’re grabbing a hold of what you want to do and just going for it, that’s really something special, Baekhyunnie”

Baekhyun smiled softly, reaching up and taking the hand that Chanyeol had on his chin, bringing it down to lace their fingers together on top of the table, “You’re sweet” he said, “And from your lyrics that you showed me, I think you have a real talent for music. I hope I’ll get to see more some day”

It was Chanyeol’s time to flush at that, “Ah, stop that. Are you trying to make me blush?”

“Yes” Baekhyun chuckled as the waiter arrived with their food. He pulled his hand back casually as their meals were set down in front of them, “Wah, it looks so good. Thank you” he directed towards the waiter in broken English, who told them to enjoy before taking his leave.

They tucked in quickly, impressed with the delicious food, sharing with each other and giggling as they shoved food in the other’s mouth.

By the time they made it through dinner and dessert, they were both pretty stuff, but they each agreed that it was definitely worth it.

“Man, that was so good” Chanyeol said contently once they’d paid the bill and made their way out of the restaurant hand in hand.

Baekhyun nodded in agreement, gently swinging their hands between them as they walked down the cobbled streets of the outer city and back towards the boat. They knew that they only had around half an hour until it would set off again, and neither of them fancied being left behind in a foreign place with practically no idea of how they would get home.

The city was really pretty, in Baekhyun’s opinion. It wasn’t like the bustling streets of Seoul, or even the calmer streets of Busan. It was something else entirely. There was something about the worn buildings and cobbled streets that made him feel on top of the world.

But then, the man whose hand was securely holding onto his own may have had something to do with that feeling too.

He liked Chanyeol a lot. Chanyeol was fun and made him laugh, but he could be serious and honest too. He had seen that side of Chanyeol when he had had the chance to see his music. The nervousness that exuded from the taller man in that moment had floored Baekhyun a little.

Chanyeol was so confident in himself, that seeing him regress into a shy, unsure person had been boggling, especially when Chanyeol was so amazing at what he did. The words that he’d written and the way he rapped, the tone of the song that he had hummed to Baekhyun, it had flowed so amazingly.

Whilst Baekhyun knew that he would have enjoyed the holiday regardless, he was so thoroughly happy that he had the chance to spend part of it with Chanyeol.

He loved spending time with his friends too, of course, he and Kyungsoo were practically inseparable most of the time, but with Chanyeol, Baekhyun felt different. It was like Chanyeol was focused only on him and it made him feel beyond special.

It had been an age and a half since anyone had made Baekhyun feel like that.

But Chanyeol was just something else entirely. He was practically everything Baekhyun wanted in a partner.

Of course it was too early to throw himself in at the deep end, hell he didn’t even know if they would see each other once they docked back in Korea, but he hoped.

Oh how he hoped.

It wasn’t every day that you met someone that you just instantly connected with, and so Baekhyun truly hoped that the two of them would keep in contact after the trip, and perhaps see how they worked when they were back to reality and had to dive head first back into their studies.

“I’m really glad you made Sehun knock me over that day” Baekhyun said, glancing up and chuckling at the look of horror on Chanyeol’s face, “No really, because otherwise I wouldn’t have met you”

Chanyeol snorted, “I dunno. You’re really cute, I would have probably tried to come and chat you up at some point if I’m being honest” he admitted, “You’re exactly my type”

He had a dorky smile on his face as he looked at Baekhyun, his eyes sparkling with admiration. It was obvious he liked Baekhyun a lot, and he was so very glad that they had bumped into each other too. He was glad for a lot of things this trip brought.

Not only had he met Baekhyun, he had made friends that he hoped he would be in touch with for life, because they were all truly wonderful – though he would have to admit that none of them held a candle to Baekhyun.

“Ditto, Park Chanyeol” Baekhyun grinned, “I like them tall and kinda dopey” his voice was teasing as he looked up at Chanyeol with a mischievous fire in his pretty brown eyes.

“Well that’s just rude” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, tugging Baekhyun towards where their boat was docked so that they could clamber back aboard.

Baekhyun giggled in return, “Yeah, but you’re cute too, so it’s okay” he teased, skipping in front of Chanyeol and tugging him along so that they could sit by the bar.

They both opted for a coke, not really in the mood to drink since they were content with the happy feeling that flooded through them both thanks to their sweet date.

It wasn’t too long later that the boat set sale again and the ongoing party got louder once more as the passengers enjoyed themselves with friends and significant others.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun chattered away easily, breaking off every now and again to sip at their drinks or to order another.

Baekhyun could easily say this was one of the best dates he’d been on, though again, he suspected the company had a lot more to do with that than the actual date itself.

“I… I want to show you more” Chanyeol said after a few moments of comfortable silent, “My music. I want your opinion. I mean, I know we haven’t known each other long, but I trust your opinion”

Baekhyun smiled bashfully back at Chanyeol, “I’d love that” he told him honestly, “I think you have a real talent, Park Chanyeol” he leant in and pressed a lingering kiss to Chanyeol’s lips before pulling back with a sweet grin.

“And I think you are horribly biased, Byun Baekhyun” Chanyeol chuckled, reaching out to poke Baekhyun’s cheek playfully.

“Baekhyun! Chanyeol!”

The two of them turned to see Kris looking a little flustered as he moved towards them, “I don’t suppose you’ve seen a little thing of sickness medicine have you? Tao’s have gone missing”

It was only then that they realised he had Tao tucked under his arm looking a little green.

“Ah, sorry” Baekhyun grimaced, “I’ve not been on the boat all morning. We only got back on like an hour ago”

Chanyeol nodded, “Yeah, we’ve been busy, not seen any pills”

“Oh ” Tao gargled slightly before he was leaning forward and exploding the contents of his stomach down the front of Chanyeol’s nice blue shirt.

“Ah!” Chanyeol squawked as Kris rubbed Tao’s back and vomit dripped down his front. The smell was making him feel a little nauseated himself.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he looked over the vomit covered Chanyeol and then at the keeled over Tao, who had Kris dabbing at his face with a napkin.

“Oh, that’s gross” he pulled a face as he got up from the chair and gestured for the bartender, “Uh, do you have some wipes or something please?” he asked, nodding towards where Chanyeol sat still, looking horrified at his ruined shirt.

The bartender grimaced before handing a bunch of tissues and a pack of wet wipes to Baekhyun, “Please don’t let anyone get puke on the bar” he begged.

Baekhyun had to force himself not to roll his eyes as he turned back to Chanyeol and set about cleaning him up.

He did the best he could with the limited resources, tossing the soiled wipes and tissues into one of the nearby bins.

“We need to get you out of this shirt” he muttered to Chanyeol, glancing over briefly to the side of the boat, where Tao was leaning over and emptying his guts as Kris rubbed his back soothingly.

Chanyeol nodded, looking pretty disturbed as he stood up and made to follow Baekhyun back to his room, only to be stopped as Yixing and Junmyeon came to stand by them.

“Ugh, what is that smell?” Junmyeon’s lip curled up in distaste.

Chanyeol groaned as Baekhyun answered, “Tao puked on him. Something about lost medicine”

“Dude, that’s gross” Yixing supplied, an odd twinkle in his eye as he turned to look at Kris and Tao by the edge of the boat, supressing a laugh as he did before turning back to face Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

“You’re not the one with puke down you” Chanyeol deadpanned, “Besides, it was worse before Baek cleaned me up” he shuddered.

“Why was Tao sick?” Junmyeon asked cautiously, “What did you do?” he eyed Baekhyun suspiciously.

Baekhyun looked affronted, “Whoa, why do you assume it was me?” he grumbled, “I was with Chanyeol all day, I didn’t do , Grandpa”

“Stop calling me that” Junmyeon whined, “Seriously though, why did he just up and puke on you?” he asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol shrugged, cringing as the material of his shirt clung to his stomach, “Beats me. He’s still throwing up over the edge of the boat”

“That’s unfortunate” Yixing hummed, trying not to give anything away.

Baekhyun hummed back, “Alright, well I’m gonna take Yeol back to his room to change… Does this place have a laundry room?” he asked.

Junmyeon nodded, “It’s a couple doors down from our room. There’s a sign on there – don’t leave your clothes unattended, okay?”

“Sure thing, dad”

“Don’t do that” Junmyeon deadpanned.

Baekhyun smirked, “Right, I forgot you prefer daddy” he leered playfully.

Junmyeon groaned, “Leave” he said, pointing away from where they stood “Just leave”

Baekhyun cackled as he dragged Chanyeol away, leaving Junmyeon and Yixing on their own.

Yixing smirked as he wrapped his arms around Junmyeon’s waist from behind, “Daddy, huh?” he teased, whispering into Junmyeon’s ears.

“I do not have a ” Junmyeon deadpanned, “Not now, not ever” he turned in Yixing’s hold and reached up to cup the slightly taller man’s face between his hands, “So don’t even start”

Yixing grinned, feigning innocence, “Would I ever?” he asked.

“Yes” Junmyeon snorted, “Just like I know you had something to do with Tao being sick” he smirked, “But don’t tell me how, I want plausible deniability”

Yixing snickered before leaning in and pressing a sweet kiss to Junmyeon’s lips, “Anything for you, daddy

“Stoooooop” Junmyeon whined, burying his face in Yixing’s shoulder, “I don’t like it”

Yixing laughed even more, “I know, you’re just so easy though”

“Why do I even like you?” Junmyeon grumbled from where his face was smushed into Yixing’s shoulder, the fabric of the Chinese man’s tank top tickling his cheek.

Yixing rolled his eyes, “Because I’m fantastic, obviously” he teased, “And because you like my teasing really”

“You’re so full of it” Junmyeon laughed, lifting his head back up and accepting the kisses that Yixing painted over his face.

Yixing smirked, “You want me to be, you mean” he wiggled his brows.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes, but there was a clear grin on his lips, “Well, I wouldn’t say no”

“Obviously,” Yixing teased, “I knew you were into me as soon as I saw you”

“HEY! ZHANG YIXING!”

Yixing’s eyes widened as he turned to look at Kris, he quickly composed himself before looking at Kris with passible innocence, not bothering to move out of Junmyeon’s arms, “ing hell, man. What’s up your ?”

“I know this has something to do with you and the little -devil. What did you do?” Kris’s eyes narrowed.

“I don’t follow?” Yixing lied easily. The urge to laugh was fighting its way up, but he held back.

Kris glared at him, “I’ll get this out of one of you. Mark my words, Zhang!” he hissed before taking his leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Ugh, I know, I'm terrible and take an age and a half to update...
sorry!! I've just been so busy and with christmas coming up I have no free time.

Side note: WHO HAS SEEN FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM?!
ISN'T EDDIE REDMAYNE JUST FABULOUS?!
God, he is just a brilliant actor.

Okay, anywho. Hope you liked the update!
TTFN<3