Epilogue.

Calm Waters

Side note:
Un-edited because yo' girl been
hella busy! Enjoy!

 

Three months later

 

“Are you coming to Jongdae’s birthday party tonight?” Sehun asked as he and Jongin walked through campus, drinks in hand and they headed towards their dorm room.

Jongin nodded, “Yeah, ‘course. Kyungsoo text me earlier and said I had to go otherwise he’d throw hot coffee at me” he laughed, “I think Yeol is gonna pick Baekhyunnie up first though , so he won’t be going there with us”

“Yeah, he is. Baek told me earlier when I saw him at the record store” Sehun nodded.

Jongin snorted, “You spend that much time there, I wonder if it’s actually you that’s dating him and not Chanyeol”

Sehun shoved him playfully, “ off. If we’re gonna start being stupid, why don’t we talk about your crush on Kyungsoo?”

“Uncalled for” Jongin frowned, he took a sip of his tea, “I just haven’t gotten around to telling him yet”

Sehun pursed his lips in thought, “You’ve been saying that since we got off that boat, dude. Just bite the bullet, tell him”

“I can’t. It’s not… I don’t want to make it weird” Jongin groaned, pushing the door to their building open and holding it so that Sehun could walk through.

Sehun hummed, “But what if he feels the same” he asked, “I mean, you guys did kiss when you said goodbye and stuff. That has to mean something”

“You kissed Luhan too” Jongin pointed out.

“Yes, but Luhan and I know where we stand” Sehun pointed out, “We actually talk about how we feel about one another”

Jongin sighed, but relented. “Fine” he said, pulling out his keys as they neared their room, “How’s that going, by the way? The whole uality thing?”

“It’s… Going” Sehun grimaced slightly, “I just… I’m handling it better now, I guess. I’m not in denial about things. And I can say that I like Luhan without feeling like I’m gonna freak out, so… I guess that’s progress”

Jongin grinned, patting Sehun on the back happily, “Man, that’s great. You’re doing really well”

“I’m just glad that I’m finally letting myself be happy without worrying what other people will say about it” Sehun shrugged.

“Me too” Jongin beamed, tossing his empty cup in the bin and letting himself fall to lay on his messily made bed.

Sehun snorted lightly as he moved to his desk and opened up his laptop, they’d only been back at university a couple of weeks and he already had a lot of work to start. Granted his deadlines weren’t for two weeks, but he liked to get a head start on them.

He did his best to ignore the sound of Jongin thrashing about boredly on his bed. The kid was a pain at the best of times, and Sehun knew that Jongin probably had written portions of his classes to write, but Jongin was the kind of person that would leave them until he literally could before writing them, unlike his approach to practical assignments.

He’d managed to get a rough draft of his introduction on state crimes done when their door banged open and Chanyeol walked in with his usual grin on his face.

“Sup losers” he said by ways of greeting.

Jongin scoffed, “Only loser here is you, loser”

“Smooth, Jongin” Sehun rolled his eyes, saving his work as he did and closing his laptop, knowing that there would be no way he could concentrate with both Jongin and Chanyeol there.

Chanyeol ignored them both as he moved to sit on Sehun’s bed, “I just had the best date with Baekhyun” he said, “I picked him up from work, then we went back to his for lunch and just made out for ages and stuff…”

“Good for you?” Sehun raised a brow.

Chanyeol grinned, looking far too proud of himself until Jongin finally sighed and asked, “What other stuff?”

“Oh well, you know” Chanyeol said, “I’m not really one to kiss and tell… But I’m also not one to have and shut up about it” he giggled.

Sehun turned to face him at that, “Wait, really?” he asked, “Like, first time you’ve had with him since you started dating, or?”

“Yeah” Chanyeol looked equal parts proud and embarrassed. “I mean, we wanted to take it slow at first, you know? Make sure that we weren’t rushing into things. Like we’ve fooled around a little obviously, but today we were just chatting and the next thing I knew we were just… going for it. I… God, he’s so amazing, you know?”

Jongin smiled slightly, rolling onto his front to rest his chin in his hands and look at Chanyeol, “How was it?” he asked.

“Perfect” Chanyeol laughed softly, “I… I mean, I think it’s more that he’s him that anything, but I just want to be with him all the time, you know?”

Sehun nodded, “Yeah,” he said quietly, before clearing his throat, “I’m happy for you Yeol”

“Me too” Jongin’s smiled widened. “Though, does that mean we can’t pat him on the and tell him congrats at Jongdae’s party later?” he joked easily.

Chanyeol gave him a pointed look, “What do you think, stupid” he shook his head, “Don’t… Don’t mention it to him, okay? I don’t know if he’s cool with people knowing our private life”

“We won’t, don’t worry” Sehun reassured. “I’m sure he’ll tell me himself anyway. We’re pretty close these days”

Chanyeol shot him a glare, though there was no malice behind it, “I know. Stop trying to steal my boyfriend, punk”

“I can’t help it if he likes me better, man” Sehun shrugged easily. “Anyway, what are you wearing later?”

“Probably just jeans and a shirt” Chanyeol said, “Baek said that would be what they were going for. How are you two getting there anyways? I’m giving Baek a lift, so…”

Jongin smiled, “I’ll drive me and Sehun. I’ll just leave my car at Minseok’s and crash at Kyungsoo’s place, then pick it up tomorrow”

“And I’ll stay at Luhan’s. Yixing’ll probably end up going back to Junmyeonnie’s anyway, so it’s not like it’ll be over crowded. Or Lu can come here. Either way” Sehun added.

Chanyeol hummed, “I’m looking forward to it. It feels like forever since all twelve of us have been together at once.”

“Here here” Sehun nodded.

Jongin hummed, “Here here” he repeated in agreement.

--

“You slept with him, didn’t you?” Kyungsoo smirked as he leant against the doorway of Baekhyun’s room, watching his best friend as he tried to pick an outfit for Jongdae’s birthday bash.

Baekhyun flushed slightly, “I may have. So what?”

“Big step in your relationship” Kyungsoo said instead of answering.

Baekhyun turned to face him with a raised brow, “Yes?”

“You’re not freaking out as much as I expected” Kyungsoo laughed softly, finally shifting and walking into the elder’s room to pull Baekhyun into a playful hug.

Baekhyun returned it easily, “I’m just happy” he admitted, “He makes me happy, and he… he makes me feel calm enough to know that this isn’t going away any time soon”

“Awwww, look at you” Kyungsoo giggled slightly, pressing a kiss to Baekhyun’s cheek, “All happy with your boyfriend, you cute little ”

Baekhyun laughed, “Oh shut up” he let go of Kyungsoo to go back to finding an outfit, “What about you, huh? How are things with Jongin?”

Kyungsoo shrugged, “I think he just wants to be friends, to be honest” he said, “He hasn’t made any moves or made out like he wants anything more since we kissed on the last day of the cruise” he sighed, “But let’s not talk about pointless stuff. Let’s talk about what you’re going to wear later to have Chanyeol’s mouth watering” he grinned.

“I was thinking the leather trousers with the white shirt” Baekhyun said thoughtfully.

Kyungsoo smirked, “Perfect” he said as there was a knock at the door. “I’ll get it” he said.

He made his way out through the living room to open the door, revealing a tired looking Junmyeon.

“Let me nap on your sofa?” he asked, “If I go home now, I know Minseok will be banging on my door demanding I help set up. He already has Jongdae there helping”

Kyungsoo snickered, but moved aside to let him in nonetheless, “How are you going to get dressed?” he asked.

“I figured I could go home and change like half an hour before the party” Junmyeon told him, “I can give you a lift if you want? Be Minseok’s neighbour is both a blessing and a curse sometimes” he grimaced.

“Can you hear him and Dae having a lot?” Kyungsoo asked sympathetically.

Junmyeon shuddered, “You have no idea” he said, “Literally, I think they do it against the wall between out apartments just so that I can hear”

“Why don’t you just do the same thing back with Yixing?” Kyungsoo asked, pulling Junmyeon towards Baekhyun’s room, despite his complaints of wanting to nap.

Junmyeon grumbled as he fell on Baekhyun’s bed, “Because that’s just awkward. I don’t want them knowing my life”

“Speaking of – guess who got laid?” Kyungsoo waggled his brows at Baekhyun.

Junmyeon’s eyes widened, “You didn’t!?” he asked the unusually quiet boy.

Baekhyun shrugged, his cheeks slightly pink, “Shut up” he whined, “I’m allowed to sleep with my boyfriend, you know” he laughed good naturedly.

“What, we don’t get details?” Junmyeon teased.

Baekhyun grinned before throwing himself on the bed and waiting for Kyungsoo to join them, “It was, I don’t know…” He said, “It wasn’t like super romantic or anything, which I’m kinda glad about. He picked me up from work, we came back here for lunch and we got chatting instead, and then he was kissing me, and I don’t know, it felt different from how we usually kiss, like… more intense. And then I was pulling him in here and we just… Ugh, it was so… good. You know? I don’t even know how to explain it. It’s just like, you know when you’re with someone and it just feels right?”

“Why do I feel like a teenage girl right now?” Kyungsoo snorted, “But I’m really happy for you, Baek. Really. But if he ever hurts you, I will rip off his balls with my bare hands, okay?”

Junmyeon coughed, “Behave, Kyungsoo” he said, “If anything, I think it’s only fair that we can each beat the out of him if he hurts our Baekhyunnie”

“Guys, lay off my boyfriend’s . And there will be no beating the out of him” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Oh, that reminds me, what did you guys buy for Dae?”

“I got him a bunch of those History magazines that he likes, and chocolate” Junmyeon said as he burrowed himself into Baekhyun’s blanket and closed his eyes to rest until he needed to move.

Kyungsoo laughed slightly, throwing a spare blanket from the end of the bed over him, “I got him a bottle of tequila and that wallet he’s been eyeing up – you know, the one that looks like newspaper clippings?”

“Oh, cool. I might have to steal that at some point” Baekhyun grinned mischievously.

Kyungsoo snorted, “You will not” he warned. “Anyway, let’s start getting ready, Chanyeol should be here to pick you up soon”

“Alright, I’m gonna go put some eyeliner on” Baekhyun said, getting up from the bed, “I’ll get dressed after that. What are you wearing, anyway?”

Kyungsoo hauled himself up and followed Baekhyun out of the room, “You’ll have to wait and see, won’t you” he grinned before disappearing into his own room to change.

“That kid” Baekhyun shook his head in amusement.

--

“Tao, Lu, Yixing! Hurry up, the taxi’s outside! And I’m not paying extra just because you made the guy wait!” Kris yelled, fixing his hair in the hallway mirror. “Come on!!”

There was a clang of something falling over in the background that made Kris groan.

“I’m okay!” Luhan’s voice followed.

“Nobody asked!” Came Yixing’s.

“Has anyone seen Jongdae’s gift?!” Tao yelled after.

Kris groaned again. “I have the present, Tao! Yixing, don’t be a ! Luhan, I don’t care if you’re bleeding, hell, I don’t care if you’re five minutes away from death, get a move on!”

“You’re a ” Luhan said as he popped up behind Kris, gift in hand, looking stylishly dishevelled.

Kris jumped slightly, “Christ, don’t sneak up on me like that!”

“Yeah, Lu. No cool” Yixing appeared, making Kris jump again.

Tao rolled his eyes as he walked over to the three of them, “Guys, the taxi’s waiting, why are you just standing around?” he tutted, grabbing his jacket and leading the way out.

Kris bit back the cry of frustration he wanted to let out as he followed the other three out of the apartment, pausing only to lock up behind him before following them out and climbing into the taxi and relaying Minseok’s address to the driver.

They chattered easily among themselves as the journey progressed.

“Are you staying at Myeon’s tonight, Yixing?” Kris asked conversationally, glancing at his nails in what he hoped was a nonchalant manner.

Yixing hummed, “Yeah. I don’t have classes tomorrow and I’m not working until like six anyways, so we’re gonna go out and grab lunch or something – provided we’re not too hung over”

Kris nodded interestedly, “I see. And is he behaving himself?”

“Kris” Yixing deadpanned.

“What?” Kris spluttered, “I’m just asking”

Yixing scoffed, “Oh yeah? Then why don’t you just ask Luhan about how things are with his Sehunnie?” he asked pointedly.

Luhan punched him in the arm for that, “Oi, why throw me under the bus?” he glared, making Yixing grin back at him in return.

“I didn’t want him to keep on at me” Yixing shrugged, “But how are things with Sehun? Bringing him home tonight, Lu?” he batted his eyelashes at his best friend.

Luhan punched him again, “Shut up” he said, “And anyway, I’m hoping that Jongin will stay at Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s or something so that I don’t have to bring him back here and put up with listening to Kris and Tao giggling at each other all night. I can’t deal with them when they’re drunk, to be honest with you, man”

“Hey” Tao huffed, “I resent that”

“Oh come on, you two are like teenagers seeing a for the first time when you’re drunk” Luhan rolled his eyes.

Kris glanced back at the three of them, “Enough, all of you. We’re nearly there so get it out of your system. I want you all on your best behaviour tonight, got it?”

“Yes mum” Yixing and Luhan chorused, making Kris pinch the bridge of his nose and sigh.

It was going to be long night.

--

“Tell me again how I got roped into setting up for my own party?” Jongdae asked Minseok as he laid out the various drinks on the kitchen counter as Minseok filled the sink with ice to keep the beers in.

Minseok snickered, “Because you love me too much to ever say no to me?” he shot back easily, setting aside the beers he was putting on ice to walk over and take Jongdae’s face lovingly in his hands, “But thank you. Happy Birthday, baby” he smiled, pushing himself up to kiss Jongdae sweetly.

Jongdae grinned as they pulled apart, “Now I know how you get away with so much” he joked easily.

“Obviously” Minseok grinned, “But, I do want you to have a good birthday. It’s not every day you turn twenty-one, you know.” He cupped Jongdae’s face in his hands and leant in to nudge his nose against the younger man’s affectionately.

Jongdae hummed, pressing forward to kiss Minseok’s lips chastely, and then once more for good measure. “I know, I’m so old now” he teased.

Minseok pulled away in mock offence, “Well there’s your birthday present out of the window” he shrugged, “I guess I really should get the drinks sorted, people will be here soon”

Jongdae watched for a moment as Minseok went back to putting beers in the sink of ice before he took a few quick steps across the kitchen and spun Minseok around to face him, pushing him somewhat roughly against the countertop to kiss him breathless.

“Now,” he said when he pulled back, smirking at the sight of Minseok’s dishevelled state, “We both know that’s a lie.”

Minseok said nothing as he brought Jongdae in for another kiss, hands at Jongdae’s hair as he did. He let out a soft sound of pleasure as Jongdae gripped onto his waist, hard and possessive and in every way that Minseok loved.

“People,” Jongdae breathed, “People will be here soon.” He probably should have made more of a point of it, then Minseok was pressing open mouthed kisses to his neck and his resolve weakened.

But then Minseok pulled away and gave Jongdae a gentle shove so that he could escape from where he was pinned against the work top, “You’re right, I’ll go make myself look irresistible, you finish up in here. Everything else is done anyway and you, Mister, look very handsome”

“Only for you, Min” Jongdae laughed as he watched Minseok duck out to change.

He shook his head softly as he turned around to finish putting the drinks out, along with some cups and snacks, and sure enough, ten minutes later Minseok was back, dressed in a pair of tight ripped jeans and a simple baby blue shirt.

“Well, how do I look?” Minseok asked, doing a little turn to give Jongdae the full experience. His hair was up off of his face and he’d put on a little bit of eyeliner which gave him a y, mysterious look that had Jongdae’s mouth-watering.

“Would you like the PG version, or would you like the version that I’m actually thinking?” Jongdae asked, clearing his throat slightly.

Minseok smiled, “The you version” he decided.

Jongdae walked over until he was standing in front of Minseok, “Down right able” he said in a low voice.

“I’ll keep that in mind” Minseok grinned as the doorbell rang, “I’ll get it.

He reached around to give Jongdae a little pat on the before turning around and making his way out to answer the door.

He was met with the smiling faces of Junmyeon and Kyungsoo.

“Where the party at?!” Kyungsoo boomed, pushing his way into Minseok’s apartment.

Junmyeon shot Minseok a look, that they both understood as the ‘sorry for anything Kyungsoo or Baekhyun do later” look, which was met with a laugh and Junmyeon being pulled inside by Minseok.

It was soon after that Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned up. Baekhyun his loud self as usual.

As soon as Minseok opened the door, he threw himself into the apartment with a cry of “JONGDAE, YOU Y MOTHERER, POUR YOUR HOME BOY A DRINK!”

“I…” Chanyeol tried, but came up with nothing.

Minseok waved him off, “Forget it, it’s Baekhyun. We’re all used to it by this point”

Followed not long after by Yixing, Luhan, Kris and Tao.

“Minseok, where’s the birthday boy?!” Yixing grinned as Minseok opened the door to them.

Minseok accepted the hug that Yixing gave him before answering with “Doing shots with Baek and Kyungsoo in the kitchen”

Yixing went through to join them, pulling Luhan along with him, who barely managed out a “Hi Minseok!” as he did.

Kris sighed as he stepped into the apartment with Tao, “Do I even need to say what we’re both thinking?” he asked as he took Tao’s coat to hang up, watching the younger bounce towards the rest of the party.

Minseok laughed, taking the coats and hanging them up for Kris, “Honey,” he said, “I’ve been dealing with the likes of Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun together for years… I think the day that Luhan and Yixing surprise me will be the day pink elephants fly”

“Noted” Kris grinned before they went back to the party.

Then finally, ten minutes late and arguing over whose fault it was, were Jongin and Sehun.

“I’m telling you, this er took a wrong turn at least four times and got us lost!” Sehun was saying.

Jongin scoffed, “Please, you’re the reason we’re late. You took forever doing your hair because I need it to look perfect for Luhan, I can’t look a mess. Oh my gosh, where is my brush?! Jesus, man! Have some pride!”

Minseok lifted a hand to silence them both, “It’s ten minutes. Relax. Everyone is on their way to getting tipsy, so all you need to do is play catch up and we’re fine. Got it?”

“But, hyung!” Jongin tried.

Minseok gave him a warning look, “Don’t make me use my grown up voice with you, Jongin. Go and get drunk and leave it at that, got it?”

“Fine, I’ll go and get drunk” Jongin pouted, moving in to go and find Kyungsoo.

Sehun gave Minseok a bright grin, “He’s been talking about Soo non-stop since we left out”

“Well, the kid doesn’t quit. Gotta give him props for that” Minseok laughed, “And between you and me, Kyungsoo hasn’t shut up about him either”

“Should we tell them?” Sehun asked.

Minseok smirked, “Nah. Let’s leave them to figure it out on their own, yeah?”

“I like the way you think, hyung” Sehun laughed, throwing an arm around Minseok as they went to join the others.

--

Baekhyun sat on the sofa with Jongdae and Kyungsoo, leaning on the latter with his legs draped over the former, “The big two-one! My baby boy’s a man!” he pretended to sob, clutching his chest dramatically.

“Does that mean ‘Soo’s not a man yet?” Jongdae grinned, throwing an arm over the back of the sofa behind Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo scoffed, draining the last of his drink and putting his cup on the table, “Jongdae, don’t embarrass yourself.”

“Boys, settle down” Baekhyun hushed them both, “I know how much it means to you both to prove your worth to me, but how many times do I have to tell you. I’m taken. I have a boyfriend, so I can’t play this game with you anymore, I’m sorry, but your advances towards me are for nothing”

Kyungsoo giggled in his tipsy state, “But Baek, I thought we had something special” he said, “Forget Chanyeol, come back to me, you know you want to, baby”

“Hey! I can hear you” Chanyeol piped up, sweeping across the room to pick Baekhyun up over his shoulder and cart him away giggling.

Jongin was quick to take Baekhyun’s place, though.

“Oh, look who it is” Jongdae drawled, “Little Jonginnie. Still looking to get into Kyungsoo’s pants?” he wiggled his brows at the younger lad.

Jongin flushed brightly, “Shut up, Jongdae”

“It’s my birthday, I get a free pass to tease you all” Jongdae waved him off.

Kyungsoo grinned, obviously feeling mischievous, “What’s up, Jongin? Am I not your cup of tea anymore? Should I be offended?”

Jongin looked as though he didn’t know what would be the right answer, he opened and closed his mouth a few times before Kyungsoo and Jongdae burst out laughing.

“Relax,” Kyungsoo chuckled, resting a hand on Jongin’s thigh, making him feel a little hot – had the temperature in the room gone up? – and giving it a pat, “We’re just pulling your leg. I know you love me really” he grinned.

Jongin laughed, a little shaky, but given the state of everyone in the room, it went unnoticed, “Obviously” he got out evenly.

“It’s a shame we’re all dating people, ‘cause we could have played spin the bottle” Luhan said from where he was sat on Sehun’s lap, sipping on his drink.

Kyungsoo snorted, “Speak for yourself. Jongin and I are single” he said.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes, “The two of you are as good as together, let’s be honest,” he said.

“He has a point” Yixing nodded in agreement, moving over to stand behind Junmyeon and hug him from behind, “Dunno why neither of you will just admit it”

Jongin coughed awkwardly, “Don’t you have better things to talk about than me and Kyungsoo?”

“Not really” Kris put in.

“I’d be down for spin the bottle still, though” Minseok grinned, winking at Jongdae, “I mean, we’re all friends here. It’s not like it would mean anything”

Jongdae pursed his lips thoughtfully, “That’s true… I mean, if we keep it PG – no tongue, that kind of thing… Unless it’s your significant other obviously. But I draw the line at a full on peep show”

Yixing hummed against Junmyeon’s shoulder, “I’m in if ‘Myeon is”

“Sure, why not” Junmyeon shrugged, “Just don’t fall in love with me, yeah?”

“Wouldn’t dream of it, Myeon” Baekhyun snorted, “But sure, why not. I’m game. Yeol?”

Chanyeol shrugged, “I guess it wouldn’t hurt. It does give me an excuse to make out with Kyungsoo” he winked at the semi-drunken lad, who blew him a kiss back, making them both chuckle.

“You’re not missing much” Baekhyun teased, just barely dodging the throw pillow that Kyungsoo threw at him.

“What about the rest of you?” Kyungsoo prompted. And sure enough, ten minutes later after coaxing Sehun to say yes, they were sat in a circle on the floor with an empty beer bottle in the centre.

“Birthday boy, why don’t you do the honours?” Tao grinned, nudging Jongdae with his elbow.

Jongdae took a deep breath before reaching out and spinning the bottle, watching it before it finally came to rest on Kyungsoo.

The two of them crawled to meet in the middle where they shared a brief kiss.

“Well, that was about as gross as I expected” Kyungsoo said, clearly unimpressed as Jongdae flipped him the bird. He ignored it though and spun the bottle instead.

It landed on Tao. Much like with Jongdae, Kyungsoo wasn’t too impressed, but this time kept his opinion to himself as they pulled back and Tao spun the bottle.

It landed on Yixing, who gave Tao a quick peck before spinning it himself, where it came to rest on Baekhyun.

“Oh, I got one of the prettier ones” he winked as Baekhyun crawled over, laughing softly as he did. They shared a sweet kiss, no tongue as promised before they moved back and Baekhyun took his turn.

There were low whistles and cat-calls as it came to land on Kyungsoo, who turned to Baekhyun who was sat beside him with a grin.

“Just like old times” he joked lamely, but Baekhyun laughed anyway before closing the space between them and kissing Kyungsoo solidly on the mouth. They broke apart as Chanyeol grumbled for Kyungsoo to lay off his boyfriend, all of them laughing as he did.

Nonetheless, he complied by spinning the bottle himself, only to swallow hard when it came to rest on Jongin, who was sat only three people away.

He took a deep breath before crawling over to him, since it didn’t look like Jongin was going to move any time soon. “You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to” Kyungsoo said quietly, so that only Jongin could hear, though he was pretty sure that Yixing and Sehun who were sat on either side of him overheard.

Jongin shook his head, “No, it’s fine. I want to” he smiled slightly, “Show me what you’ve got, Do Kyungsoo”

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but roll his eyes as he leant in and pressed his lips to Jongin’s, who responded right away, their lips moving almost ally together before Kyungsoo teased his tongue against Jongin’s.

Jongin hummed slightly before pressing his ow tongue lewdly into Kyungsoo’s mouth, gripping Kyungsoo by the hips as he did and pulling him forward until the elder was sat on his lap, knees either side of Jongin’s hips.

“Alright, alright, we’re still here you know” Minseok said, gripping the back of Kyungsoo’s collar and physically removing him from Jongin, who let out a whine as he did.

But that had Kyungsoo giggling like nobody’s business as he moved back to his space between Baekhyun and Junmyeon.

Jongin shook himself out of his stupor before reaching out and spinning the bottle, cringing as it landed on Chanyeol, who got him a wiggle of the eyebrows, “Come and get me, baby” he leered, making Jongin glare as the others laughed at him.

He moved over to Chanyeol and gave him a slightly harsher than he’d intended peck on the lips before moving back to his own place, “You’re disgusting” he commented.

“You know you loved it” Chanyeol grinned and spun the bottle himself, grinning as it landed on Baekhyun.

Baekhyun wasted no time in shuffling across to Chanyeol on his knees and attaching himself to the other boy with his lips. They made sure to give Kyungsoo and Jongin a run for their money as what started as an innocent kiss turned into hair tugging and lip biting.

“I thought I said no peep shows” Jongdae yelled over the sound of their wet kissing.

Baekhyun pulled back to shoot Jongdae a grin, “Don’t act like you’re not enjoying it. Oh, or maybe you wanna join in?” he smirked.

“Oh damn” Jongdae deadpanned, “You caught me. Please, oh, please let me have a with you and your slobbering pup of a boyfriend, Baek”

“ you, Kim” Chanyeol snorted out a laugh, giving Baekhyun one final kiss on the lips before letting him move back to his own place in the circle, where he gave the bottle a lazy spin and watched it come to land on Minseok.

He turned to his right to face Minseok who was sat beside him, “Min, it’s like your dreams have finally come true” he said seriously.

Minseok grinned, but played along nonetheless, “I was hoping I’d get you, babe. Lay one on me”

Baekhyun grabbed Minseok by the back of the neck and pulled him in for an opened mouthed kiss, which had everyone bar Chanyeol and Jongdae whooping for more, but sadly, they didn’t get it. The pair pulled apart laughing, and shunning those that had been egging them on.

“I’m in a happy relationship, thank you very much!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

Junmyeon grinned, “Baek, don’t act like you wouldn’t date ninety percent of the people here if you could.

Baekhyun raised a brow, “And pray tell, who are the two people that I wouldn’t?”

“Easy, Tao and Luhan” Junmyeon shot back.

“, you’re good” Baekhyun laughed.

“Hey, what’s wrong with me?” Luhan frowned.

Baekhyun shrugged, “I dunno, man, you’re just not my type”

“Moving on” Minseok interjected before Luhan could say anything else, “My turn”

He moved forward and spun the bottle, where it came to land on Kris, who moved in to press a slightly less than chaste kiss to Minseok’s lips before he pulled back and spun the bottle himself.

It landed on Junmyeon who was sat on his right, and after another innocent kiss to the lips, Junmyeon was spinning the bottle and practically buzzing as it landed on Yixing.

Yixing, who had also lit up at seeing it land on himself, moved across the circle faster than anyone had ever seen him move before he practically threw himself on Junmyeon, “I love an excuse to make out with you in front of everyone” he said before snogging Junmyeon to within an inch of his life, only pulling back when he was satisfied with the various shouts from people around the circle telling them to quit it.

Yixing moved back to his own place to spin the bottle, and grinned as it landed on Jongdae, “Ah, the other half of the couple I’ve already made out with in the past” he said.

“Dude,” Minseok tutted, shoving Yixing playfully as the younger man moved over to press a kiss to Jongdae’s puckered lips.

“That looked like when my grandma tries to kiss people, Dae” Baekhyun snorted, “Real y.”

Jongdae scoffed, “Blow me, Baek” he shot back, and spun the bottle with a quick flick of his wrist, where it landed on Minseok. “Ah, the birthday present I’ve been waiting for.”

Minseok chuckled, but moved over to Jongdae to sit himself in front of the birthday boy, “Should I make it a good one, then?” he teased.

“Minseok, every kiss you give me is a good one” Jongdae said softly, his eyes sparkling with joy as he looked at his older boyfriend.

Minseok smiled back sweetly, “You’re just something else, Jongdae, you really are” he said before making good on that kiss.

Only this time nobody bothered to interrupt as it went on a little too long, letting them have their moment, no matter how sickeningly sweet it might have been.

A few moments later Minseok pulled back to give the bottle a spin, only to have it land on Luhan, who smirked at Jongdae before turning to Minseok, “Pucker up, pretty boy” he said easily.

“Watch yourself, Lu” Jongdae warned, no joking in his voice as his eyes burned into the side of Luhan’s head as the second oldest of them moved over to kiss Minseok.

Their lips had barely even touched before Jongdae was pulling Luhan back none to gently and telling Luhan to just spin the damn bottle already, which only make Luhan laugh.

“Shall we say three more spins then call it a night?” Luhan suggested as he leant in and grabbed the bottle. He spun it once the rest had agreed, and looked most pleased as it landed on Sehun.

The two kissed easily, Sehun moving back first with an embarrassed little laugh before he spun it himself, and had it land on Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo moved over to sit in front of Sehun, his eyes on Jongin for a long time before he finally turned to Sehun and kissed him gently, hand resting on Sehun’s cheek as he did.

“Alright,” Jongdae said as Kyungsoo moved back to his own place in the circle, “Last round, ‘Soo. So make it count”

And it was almost like fate that the bottle came to a stop on Jongin, who looked equal parts surprised and pleased.

“You can come to me this time” Kyungsoo said, eyes boring into Jongin’s.

Jongin nodded before he made his way across the circle until he was hovering in front of Kyungsoo, and then they were kissing with all they had, messy and with tongues as their friends whooped and cheered and laughed.

--

As the night wore on, the twelve of them found themselves in the living room, wrapped up in blankets, beers empty and snacks eaten as the credits of the movie they’d watched rolled up the screen of the television.

Junmyeon stood up with a yawn, pulling Yixing to his feet too, “Well tonight was great guys, but we’re gonna head out and get some sleep”

“Want me to walk you out?” Jongdae offered, but Junmyeon waved him off with a smile, “It’s alright. I’m only next door, so just pop round and say bye before you leave tomorrow or something”

“Sounds good. See you later, both” Jongdae smiled.

“Bye guys” Yixing waved.

And then they were down to ten.

Next to head out were Luhan and Sehun, saying their goodbyes before their made their way down to the taxi that took them back to Sehun’s place.

Down to eight.

Soon to follow was Kyungsoo and Jongin, who were walking back, since Kyungsoo was letting Jongin stay the night at his and it was only a few streets away.

That made six.

They were followed by Kris and Tao, whose taxi had arrived. Kris gave Minseok a pat on the arm, promising that they’d meet up for coffee on Sunday, and then they were gone too.

Four left.

It was a while later that Chanyeol picked up the sleeping Baekhyun in his arms and carried him down the taxi that waited to take them back this place.

He thanked Jongdae and Minseok for a great night and promised that he’d have Baekhyun text them in the morning once he’d woken up.

And that left just the two of them.

They tidied up the living room a little and put away the spare blankets before they fumbled their way to the bedroom and got out of their clothes so that they could crawl under the cool sheets of Minseok’s bed.

“I hope you had a nice night, tonight” Minseok said through a yawn as he turned to curl up against Jongdae.

“Mm, it was really good. Thanks for putting all of this together, it was nice to have everyone under the same roof again. It’s been a while since it was all of us like this. It was perfect, Min. Really, thank you.

Minseok smiled, “I’m glad you enjoyed it”

“Me too. I love you millions” Jongdae whispered, “Night, babe”

Minseok’s smiled widened slightly, “I love you millions too,” he whispered back, “Sweet dreams.”

It had been one hell of an adventure that they had all had together, and the bonds that they had formed thanks to a silly little get away would stay with them forever.

It wasn’t often that they got to meet up as twelve, but their lives always intertwined since they had docked and left the cruise behind him.

Some things in life were unexplainable, and some of them just didn’t need explaining, and what they had found on that boat was both.

The friendships that had formed, the love that had been recognised. It was something that none of them would ever want to change.

And there were only move adventures to come.

 

 

 

 

A/N: And so there you have it. Calm waters has reached it's end.
You can find the sequel here: BoDL
Hope you've enjoyed and see you on the other side!
TTFN!
Until next time<3