Chapter 4.

Trough Different Worlds

 

 

 

 

When I was little and my world turned upside down, I had no choice just to hide in my little dream world where no one can find me, no one can reach out for me, because I am all alone. Well, not completely because I had all kind of imaginary friends, who’s kept me company trough my darkest nights, and painful days. I had it all.  From little cute monsters with big eyes, and big ears trough giant ugly monsters who’s meant to give protection for my tiny kingdom of mystical creatures. But like how every child grow up (except one, we all know that), my “friends” were all gone and I stood alone in my big castle. That’s when I realized I need an actual human friend, as I find him, my dreams become clearer and nicer. But now that his gone too… What can I do?

 

This is when I met Him. That person, who came trough dream worlds to meet me. Walking, and walking 'till he could reach me. And when he finally did, I walked away… I know what I’ve done, but what can I do, when my days are so dark and lonely?

Just because I waited so long, to finally meet him, I honestly gave up on ever seeing him. That’s why I walked away, and build that wall in my dreams. He came late, and I just locked him outside. In my dream, however ridiculous it might sound, I’ve done it. I am droving in my own misery and I am the one who feels the most sorry for me. If that even makes sense.

But what if, I’m not the only one, who could control my own dreams. What if someone is strong enough to take over everybody dreams, lead them and do whatever She/he wants to do with them?

What if, he is about to take control of mine?

 

After a long day it is finally time for me to go to bed. Honestly, I don’t really mind, because I felt very tired today, like every day. And because I read a lot, I know it’s not a good sign. Because, I always have a hard time falling asleep, and more difficulty, when I actually have to wake up. I know why it is happening; I just don’t want to face with the truth.  If I do, I have to take care of it, go to a doctor and admit it to someone that I am not all right. But no, I rather lie to the whole world, acting, like everything okay, then have them worry about me (meaning my dad, because no one else would care), people like me, usually try to cope with their symptoms on their own. Not very healthy, neither a success to begin with.

So like always, I read a little, I watch a film and  if I can’t fall asleep after all these I try again. Before I realized it’s already midnight, and I just can’t keep my mind from going on and on about things I don’t want to pay attention to. Had to admit, I’ve been staring at the ceiling for a long hour before I finally closed my eyes and drifted off.

There was something different in my dreamland today. Usually I remember everything. I mean, I have to create the world I want to spend my night in. From the grass to the birds that flying above me, but not tonight. The whole world was ready for me to step in. perfect at every aspect, every little details where made for me. Just if, somebody was waiting for me to come around.  And I was not wrong.

- Finally! – heard a boy voice from behind. I froze in my motion. I had to blink twice just to “wake up” again. Flung around to see the exact same person I left here last night. The one, who pulled me back into my dream, and wanted to talk to me. – I waited so long for you to show up! – I lost my voice, and I felt so numb.

- What is happening here? – after a great minute, I finally realized my mouth hangs open and he is still there.

- I wanted to talk to you. So I came back. – He smiled at me, like he told me something very special.

- Why would you do that? – He probably saw the confusion on my face because, he took one step towards me, but I stepped back. Was I scared? I don’t know. I just felt so weird in the middle of my chest.  

- I just told you! – He’s smiling at me again. I don’t know why, probably most of the girls are melting down when they see a good looking boy like him in their dreams, and I might do that as well if I’m not actually aware of my dreams.  I know I am the one who’s controlling my own dreams, I am the one who decides what’s going to happen in it. And I swear I tried to make him disappear, just to see, if I’m still in charge in this situation, but nothing happened. Usually people and things go away with a grey mist, but now… nothing. He is not affected. So I have to try to get rid of something else. I choose the little tree in the middle of the road (makes no sense to be there anyway). And it is gone like the other two tree after that. Concentrating, poof, gray mist and the job is done. I tried it again, but it’s sill not working on him.

- I do find this fascinating. I never met anybody who’s this much of an aware of their dreams. But it’s not going to work on me. No matter how hard you try. I come and go when I want to. I do whatever I want.

- What?

- Ah, these mortals! – He rolled his eyes, and turned his back on me. Is he going to leave me? – Come and sit down! I’ll explain. – instead, he sits down on a bench he just created, and pats the empty place next to him.

- I’m all right here. – I have to put this out there, he creeps me out. – Can you leave?

- No. – He completely changed his way of talking, after I asked him to leave, so I guess, I just made a mistake. – I want to stay and get to know you. You reached out for me first, and now, you want me to leave? Not going to happen! – What does he mean, by I reached out for him first?

- What? When did I ever done that? – I can’t help but feel a little frustrated.

- I’ll tell you, if you sit down here, next to me. – I heard some kind of begging in his voice. That’s why I gave in.

 

 

I saw her hesitate. I know, it happened suddenly, and I’m sure she must be confused, but I just couldn’t stay away. Not after I saw her last time. I’m sure it was yesterday for her, but in my world, it was almost a month. I planned everything. How could I let her go now? Not going to happen!

Looking at her cute eyes and red hair, I haven’t seen anybody so beautiful like her. She is perfect. I don’t meant to be a weirdo or anything, but I will remember this flowery smell of her for the rest of my life.

She’s sitting next to me... I should say something, but I can’t seem to find the worlds. All the things I thought I will tell her when we meet again, it’s all flew out of my mind. I’m simply clueless right now. Like a blank page in a book.

- So, here we are, sitting on a bench... What’s next? – I can tell she’s uncomfortable, but how can I break it for her? What if she’ll be more scared than now?

 

 

 

He didn’t say a world since I sat down next to him. Why? Is he nervous? I don’t think that is the reason. What is it then?

- Uhm... What I meant to say is, I’m as strong in the dream world as you, so you can’t actually make me disappear.

- That’s it? I can tell that by the way a failed to do so. – I know I might sound mean to him, but I’m just really scared of him right now.

- I am here because...- He stopped half way through the sentence. Is he going to finish it, or not? Never in my life had I imagined I will be frustrated by someone, who’s not talking to me the way others do; constantly; mostly. I just feel more comfortable with someone, who as quiet as I am, but now... this is just ridiculous.  I want to hear the reasons.

- I’m here because you are the first person I ever seen with so many of different type of dreams. Even in the same dream, yours completely changes in a second. I know that dreams depends on the mood, the current person have, but yours is different. I saw you have a very beautiful dream once with golden trees and diamond flowers, and i saw you smile and being happy. But in the next minute, it turned all gloomy and grey. I just really wanted to know, how you can do that. I meet a lot of person through dreams, but they always had one kind, but...  

- Mine is different. – I know what he is talking about. How can it change so easily?

- You know that? – He was surprised.

- Well, I know this is my dream. My body is currently in a resting position, sleeping, and my mind wandering around the world. I am aware of this, even though I’m in my sleep. It can’t be normal. Sometimes memories popping in and out of my dream, I change it, make them disappear the way I want them to. It completely different just being aware that you are dreaming. I am in  control over everything. I have to build up my surroundings, from the grass to the sky. I always step into blankness when I fall asleep.

- When did you realized it? – He asked me, and I don’t know why, I trust him enough to open up. May be because in my mind I know this is only a dream. This boy next to me is not real. He can’t do any harm to me. He can’t tell my secrets to anybody. So I just said it.

- When my mom died. – I can’t help but remember what happened. It appeared in front of us, all that. Like a film on a projector. Suddenly everything turned into grey and I knew what’s going to happen. I didn’t want to look at the moving pictures. They showed us how our car fall into the river on a rainy day, how my mother broke the window open and pushed me out, while she drown in there. The film changed and I knew what he saw. i heard myself scream out of my lungs. I was soaking wet, my red hair all stuck on my face and shoulders, and somebody was holding me back. She died like that. Alone, in the cold, dark river. I didn’t even realized when did I cover my ears, but I felt his hand on mine. I opened my eyes, and there he was, looking at me with those chocolate brown eyes. He helped me cover my ears, making sure I can’t hear anything.

- Don’t cry. Think about something else for now. You’ll have depression if you carry on like this. – I heard his voice crack, he’s worried. I looked into his eyes and thought about something always makes me happy, and then I heard it. That melody I haven’t heard for a long time. Kim Taehyun playing on the piano, just for me. I saw us sitting there. My back faced the piano keys, he’s playing on, and I rested my head on his shoulder, sleeping.  I can’t help but smile on the sight.

- He still makes me feel better after all... – slipped out of my mouth which surprised my company. I saw a sadness flashing trough his eyes for a second, I don’t know why.

- I like the melody. – His voice sounded bitter but he kept smiling. I took a deep breath and lifted my right foot, after he let me go. When my foot touched the ground again, my magic world came to life again. Even though Taehyun is gone the melody still lingers in the air. Trees are back, so do birds and all the colours. He sat down next to me, not saying anything for a while, and then I heard him murmur something.

 

 

I can’t believe what just happened. She changed it all in a second when I gave her an instruction. But I saw something I shouldn’t. I saw that boy playing on the piano; I saw her feelings for this person. I could tell those feelings are something she kept hidden for a very long time. As long, as it can be, for a human. After all what else she could be... the only thing I can’t even think about reaching out for. I would cross too many rules and step over so many lines I should not. But what can I do? I got too close already. I got too curious to let it go now. After all she is just special. Her scent, her dreams, her hair, her cute smile, her dreamy eyes; even though they are not looking at me.

- I’m not human after all... – slipped out of my mouth.

- Sorry? – I can’t tell her now, she’ll be scared. I have to become her friend first. She thinks I don't exist anyway.

- I said, my name is Moonbin. – I had a hard time, but I managed to pull up a smile. I decided to act as natural, as human as I can.

- I’m Ae Ra. Nice to meet you. – She’s not afraid anymore? Her smile is so beautiful. Why is she holding her hand out? I don’t know what to do with it... I guess it’s a human thing. Something unfamiliar.

 

Because I’m not human after all...