Dream Theater: Just Say It

Infinite Worlds
Just Say It
 

Author: Bambi45

Prompter: InariChi

Layout: Drabble

Genres: Romance, Fluff
Rating: PG
Kinks/Warnings: N/A
Length: 1.3k w.
Time: 1 hour
Prompt: Jongin has been thinking about ways to propose.

A/N: So this (Inari's Dream Theater) will be a special corner for those who write the prompts that I personally give them. I gave Bambi45 this prompt and a time limit. She wrote it within an hour. AAhhhhhhh! I wanna scream, I love this. It's so cute!

 

*Also, displaying the time to write the one-shots/drabbles will become optional from this update forth.


 

“So, what are you going to do?”
 
Jongin shrugs and leans back against his sofa seat. He and Baekhyun have been thinking of creative ways to propose.
 
See, Jongin and Kyungsoo have been together for five years, and he really couldn’t imagine himself with anyone else. It’s been a long time, and Jongin rather not delay another second in making the older man his one and only.
 
“Well, I’m gonna make some tea, that solves everything.” Baekhyun pops up from his own seat and heads to the kitchen. The other man sits turning a silver ring over and over in his palm deep in thought.
 
He wants it to be unforgettable, but he knows Kyungsoo isn’t impressed with extravagant, expensive surprises. Kyungsoo has always been a simple guy ever since they went on their first date. Jongin wore a suit and expensive cufflinks, and Kyungsoo wore a t-shirt and jeans. Jongin wanted lobster and Kyungsoo, well, he just wanted a burger and fries.  Let’s not discuss dessert.
 
Let’s just say, that a ball of Tartufo in the middle of an oversized plate for seventy-five dollars wasn’t Kyungsoo's idea of a decent dessert. Jongin had felt out of place that night, eating that pricey dessert while Kyungsoo settled for a cold glass of water.
 
Jongin wants something that will feel genuine, and spending loads of money for a flash mob or a firework show wouldn’t impress his simple boyfriend.
 
“Maybe I could do something low key, no audience,” Jongin thinks aloud wincing as Baekhyun slams the door on a hot pocket in the microwave. It somehow gets the younger’s wheels turning, “Like a picnic, and I can cook him his favorite things instead of inviting him to a restaurant. Nothing expensive.”
 
“I don’t know. It’s not in your taste, Nini,” Baekhyun frowns, “you don’t even like the outdoors. Imagine sitting outside and getting ants all over your picnic blanket.”
 
“Okay, I don’t like the outdoors thing, but I suppose I could do it for one night,” Jongin chews on his bottom lip, suddenly imagining he and Kyungsoo cuddling on a picnic blanket. It would be intimate and perfect for setting the mood, “He likes picnics.”
 
“I prefer the suit and tie at a grand Italian restaurant,” Baekhyun chatters pulling more food out to put in the microwave, “I mean why cook?”
 
“Yeah, I guess you would say that when you clearly don’t,” Jongin shakes his head disappointedly, “seriously, you can’t cook everything in the microwave.”
 
“Oh please, Chanyeol never complains about my microwave fresh soufflés!”
 
“That’s because he loves you.”
 
“Well, if Kyungsoo loves you no matter what you do, he will say yes.”



 
Jongin gets home with a deep frown settled in his features as he kicks his shoes off. He goes to his bedroom quickly to hide the ring box in his nightstand and notices that his boyfriend is in the shower. Not bothering to take one himself, he strips his clothes and climbs in the bed.
 
When Kyungsoo finally enters their bedroom, he smiles, “Hey, Jong.”
 
“Hey, baby.” The younger feels giddy at the greeting and even more so when the other walks around to his side of the bed to plant a kiss on his lips.
 
“How was your day?”
 
“It was good.”
 
“You sure?” Kyungsoo gently lifts his boyfriend’s head up by the chin, “Why are you frowning, dear?”
 
“No reason…” Jongin lies, picking at a loose thread on the comforter and ignoring the suspicion written all over his lover’s face.
 
“Hmm, okay,” The elder decides not to push it, and goes to dry off and puts on his own PJs, “but you know, you can talk to me about anything.”
 
“Yeah I know…” Jongin pouts scooting closer to his boyfriend and traces imaginary hearts and characters on his chest, “How was your day?”
 
“It was good up until now.”
 
“Oh?”
 
“Yep, I got home, but my boyfriend looked sad, and now I’m worried.” Kyungsoo, teases and Jongin slaps at his chest before rolling his eyes. “Seriously baby, what’s wrong?” There is silence for a moment and Jongin puts a little space between them, which Kyungsoo more than notices and pulls the younger back closer. “You’re worrying me baby, what’s going on?” Kyungsoo takes his lover’s hand in his gently to coax him into talking, and frowns when Jongin pulls his hand away. “Jong?”
 
“Kyungsoo just…” Jongin sighs deeply and brushes at his bangs slowly, “You love me right?”
 
“Of course I love you, so much.” The elder sits cross-legged turning to face his boyfriend. “You never need to ask me that. What is this about?”
 
“I just…I really love you, and…but sometimes…” Jongin struggles over his words, “Like, do you ever want something else in life? I mean, do you really see yourself with me for sixty or so years?”
 
“What?” Kyungsoo pulls the younger close until he is almost in his lap. “I see myself with you forever, and I don’t want anything else in life. You’re a part of all my future dreams.”
 
The younger looks at Kyungsoo in his eyes for lies, but all he sees is sincerity and worry, he figures he should put things to rest. Why complicate and stress things out with a whole event and what not? Now is as good a time as any. With another deep sigh, Jongin gets off the bed pulling the older with him. He almost giggles at Kyungsoo’s scared expression, it almost does seem like a break-up.
 
“I wasn’t sure how I was going to do this but…I think I’m ready.” Jongin smiles shyly and bites at his thumbnail as Kyungsoo dumbfoundedly shakes his head. “Close your eyes, I have a…surprise for you.”
 
“Oh gosh.” Kyungsoo sounds fearful, not sure if he’s ready for Jongins antics. But, he trusts him. “I swear Jongin if it’s something ridiculous like a puppy, I’ll kill you.”
 
The taller male reaches into the nightstand drawer and pulls the ring out, and with a giggle, he drops down on one knee. “Okay, open your eyes.”
 
When Kyungsoo opens his eyes and stares at the man kneeling before him, he lets out a cute gasp and takes a step back. “Jongin, what-?”
 
“I know, I know…” The younger lets out a shaky breath, he isn’t sure what to say, but he would like to start with…”I love you, Do Kyungsoo, so so much. I keep trying to find these reasons why. Is it because you’re nice and sweet? Is it because you’re good to me? Is it because you’re handsome? Is it because you make me better than I was yesterday? But when it comes down to it, you have all of these things, these wonderful, amazing things about you. Things I love so much, and no matter how much you do them, they never get old. I just love you more and more with each passing day. You give me so much of you every single day of my life and I want to give you the same, for the rest of my life. So…will you marry me?”
 
Kyungsoo is in tears and Jongin isn’t sure if he's made the best speech. Right now, he is as red as a tomato with embarrassment.
 
“Yes, yes! Jongin, Oh my gosh, yes!” Instead of a hug and a kiss, the elder delivers a scolding smack to the side of Jongin’s head.
 
“Ouch! Whaddaya do that for?” The younger pouts standing to his feet.
 
“Don’t you ever scare me like that again! I thought you were breaking up with me.”
 
Jongin smirks taking his fiancé’s hand to place the ring on his finger before giving him the tenderest of kisses. “I wouldn’t dream of it.”