Feathers Away

Infinite Worlds
Feathers Away
 

Prompter: N/A (InariChi)

Layout: Drabble

Genres: Fluff, Comedy

Rating: PG

Kinks/Warnings: N/A

Length: 800 w.

Time: 45 minutes

Prompt: Kyungsoo, Jongin and pillow fighting.

A/N: Something short, cute and fun! 


 

“Pillow fight!” Jongin yelled as he grabbed the nearest plush and slapped Kyungsoo square in the face. The other didn’t budge from the abrupt assault and sat wordlessly beside his amused boyfriend with an unimpressed glare.

“You can’t just yell ‘pillow fight’ Jongin. That’s not how it works,” he stood from their shared queen size bed, “there’s an etiquette to a proper pillow fight, rules even.”

“Etiquette?” Kyungsoo nodded in confirmation.

“The first rule is to never yell that you are about to start a pillow fight. It has to be an element of surprise.”  

Oh, okay. So it has to be a surprise, huh?” A pregnant pause occurred while Jongin pondered over the words Kyungsoo had just said. With his gaze fixated on the ceiling, he not-so-subtly reached over for a pillow, and before he began to lift it in the air, Kyungsoo spoke.

“That’s not a surprise, Jongin.” He deadpanned. The pillow slipped from Jongin’s grasp, and he brought his fingers to brush the back of his nape.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He nervously chuckled.

“The second and final rule is this,” Kyungsoo held up his index finger speaking matter-of-factly, “once the pillow fight begins, it can not stop until all of those who are engaged are tired.” With those words, Kyungsoo nodded once again.

“Okay, I think I understand now.” Jongin smiled.

Kyungsoo merely rolled his eyes and headed for the kitchen to make breakfast. After taking several strides, he sidestepped an incoming pillow that missed its target by a whopping five inches. Kyungsoo shot a glance over his shoulder before shaking his head in amusement. Jongin pouted for not being able to catch his boyfriend off guard. Yet, he wasn’t going to let it end there.  

 
 
 
The next time Jongin decided to pounce on his prey was when he had returned home from work. Kyungsoo rested on the couch in the living room with a novel situated in his palm. His feet were raised on a brown ottoman, and his rectangular glasses were nestled atop of his nose. Kyungsoo was so immersed within the pages of his book, he would never see a pillow coming, or so Jongin thought.
 
After quickly changing his clothes to sweatpants and a t-shirt, he soundlessly grabbed a pillow from their bed and stealthily tiptoed to the living room. Before entering, he peeked around the corner and noted that Kyungsoo was gone.
 
Jongin’s sense of surprise instantly deflated. He turned around to head back to their bedroom and jumped nearly five feet in the air. Kyungsoo stood beside him, his arms crossed over his chest, a teasing gleam in his eyes.
 
“Jongin, just give up already.” Kyungsoo sputtered before exploding with laughter. He shook his head once again at his startled boyfriend and began walking toward the kitchen.
 
Jongin audibly huffed and agitatedly moved his hand along his bang. This was turning out to be harder than he had expected, but he would continue to try. Perseverance was his middle name, he claimed, although he didn’t have one at all.

 
 
The following week was rough on Jongin. Kyungsoo was on guard constantly and appeared ready to intercept any form of plush thrown his way. Jongin had even devised a plan to wake up in the middle of the night, however, Kyungsoo’s eyes would pop open just before he landed a blow.
 
Things were getting serious.
 
 
 
It wasn’t until one Saturday when Jongin found the perfect opportunity to strike. Kyungsoo was taking his daily shower, singing his lungs out to some unknown EXO song. Jongin rarely listened to those guys.
 
When Jongin heard the water cease, he readied himself for when Kyungsoo exited the bathroom. The excitement was almost overbearing, and he had trouble stifling his giggles behind his palm while waiting impatiently for the door to open.
 
Once the cloud of steam drifted into the bedroom, Jongin didn’t waste any time and swung full force. He celebrated with glee when he heard Kyungsoo grunt from the unforeseen attack.
 
The half- male took off running seconds after, and he lept onto the bed with his towel barely secured around his waist. Jongin was hot on his trail, propelling himself onto the bed like a ragdoll with a high-pitched screech akin to a pterodactyl.
 
Just as Jongin was about to take another swing, a white case robbed him of his vision. Kyungsoo was relentless with his strikes, smacking him everywhere and anywhere before he had a chance to retaliate.
 
There was no better time than the present moment, Jongin thought, as he opened his mouth and yelled, “Pillow fight!”
 
They smiled and made unintelligible noises while hitting each other with various pillows. They continued their clash of fluff until goose feathers burst through the seams, showering over them and painting their room in sprinkles of white. Laughs and giggles saturated the room as they both reveled in the shower of feathers.
 
Jongin gradually grew tired of swinging his, now empty, pillow case. He scooped Kyungsoo into his arms, and they shared a chaste kiss before collapsing onto the feather adorned bed. Kyungsoo turned his head and coughed. What left his mouth made their eyes both widen for it was a single feather.
 
Kyungsoo groaned, and Jongin laughed. His efforts were definitely worth it.