Beasts? (Update: fixed)

Blue Moon

It's been a month since Chaeyoung came to live with the seven boys. At first they were surprised that there was breakfast on the table. She had promised Mr. Xue to take care of the boys, and after a week of trial and error, she learnt what each person preferred to have. Now they greeted her cheerfully in the mornings, either sitting down to eat, or grabbing something from the table and hurrying out the door. Kihyun often joined her in the kitchen to make dinner. Although all of them were responsible for themselves before she came. Kihyun had been the one who cleaned up the most and took care of dinner as they all got sloppy, neglecting housework when they got busy. She cleaned out the house on the days she didn't have work. It was surprisingly easy, thanks to the help of Kihyun. 

He had given her a house tour the day after she moved in and acquainted her with all the appliances as well. "I'll take care of laundry," He had told her, relieving her of the embarrassment of having to touch someone else's clothes. They spent alot of time together, and she got to know him best out of all the boys. They often hungout in the balcony at night, enjoying the cool air and laughing at dumb things. Sometimes he sung for her and she enjoyed it, though she learned not to compliment him too much. Wonho had said not to give him a big head. She realized that after the second time she complimented Kihyun, when he cockily replied that he always had that honey voice. She threw a plastic cup at him in response, to which he yelped and dodged. 

 

Later that evening, she came back with groceries, putting them into the fridge. She turned around and jumped. Kihyun, who was standing behind her, put his hands up. She smiled and went back to re-stocking the fridge."You're back early today!" 

He hummed in response,"Yeah, it's that time of month." Chaeyoung looked at him weirdly. What time of month? Surely Kihyun wasn't having periods? 

"Since you're back early, want to watch a movie? I downloaded it last week and haven't gotten a chance to watch it." She grabbed two drinks from the fridge, but then Kihyun told her not to drink alcohol today. She frowned but switched them with sodas and walked into her room. When he didn't follow, she popped her head out of the door, "What are you doing? Come on!"

He hesitated, "Are you sure?"

"What do you mean? This isn't the first time you've been in my room." He sure was acting weirdly. They sat down on the floor of her bedroom while she loaded the movie on her laptop. His initial awkwardness from earlier soon dissolved, as he made timed comments on the movie, making her double over with laughter.

As the credits rolled over the screen, she looked over at the clock. Beside the clock, and outside the window, was the moon. The night sky was beautifully illuminated by it. Shining serenely, it captivated Chaeyoung's attention. "Look, it' a full moon tonight." Kihyun looked out the window too and then back to Chaeyoung. Their eyes locked and Chaeyoung could see something change in his eyes. It was like a flicker of a flame, and then it was gone. Suddenly, he crawled on all fours towards her, and she widened her eyes. "W-what are you doing?" She then noticed two tufts of brown hair strangely out of place on his head, "You're a mess, Yoo Kihyun" she reached out her hand to smooth it down, only to realize that it wasn't hair. It was ears. Cat ears.  "Wha- How.." He stopped and gazed at her before speaking. 

"Yeah, I can't control them during the full moon so they pop out...You seem to be under perfect control." He then leaned over her and she let out a yelp when she felt something wet touch her jaw. 

"K-kihyun!" He had her and was now nuzzling his soft head into the crook of her neck.

"You smell nice." As cute as he was acting, she still felt uncomfortable. Not to mention that he sounded like a creep. She quickly pushed him off, rushing into the living room. Shownu was sitting at the table reading. She noticed something twitching in his hair. Rounded ears. W-was he a bear?

"Are you alright, Chaeyoung?" He glanced up from his book to find her flustered and noticed Kihyun trailing in behind her. 

"You didn't do anything to her did you?" Wonho said while looking over from the couch at them. Chaeyoung noticed the way his eyes flashed blue. Earlier she would have for wearing circle lenses, but now she was pretty sure he wasn't wearing any. 

"I don't need to hear that from you." Kihyun bristled, and she stepped sideways, keeping her distance from him. 

"Um..why are...what's going on today?" Chaeyoung mumbled, looking at them. 

"Full moon," Hyungwon answered, and Chaeyoung caught sight of the flick of his white-tipped tail. A fox. He sees her unchanged look and comments. "Lucky."

"Yeah, it's unfair how you seem to be able to control your abilities really well!" She hears Changkyun's voice and looks around, not seeing him. She gasps when a Tanuki hops in front of her. 

"I thought you knew this as a fellow beast," Jooheon yawns and stretches out on the couch. She isn't able to spot any change in him. "Oh, I'm a tiger," he notices her starring, "part of your family tree." He adds, showing his dimples. Right...tigers were essentially big cats. She finally puts two and two together. Mr. Xue had put her with beasts knowingly. She hadn't stepped into the home of cat lovers, but the home of beasts. 

"She probably lived isolated from a lot of beasts then. It's not uncommon." Shownu said, grabbing Minhyuk by the collar when he tried to run by, tail wagging. 

Together they explain that some beasts couldn't control their appearances during full moons and that some would have urges to find prey. Chaeyoung gulped, looking around nervously, but Hyungwon assured her that he and the others didn't prey on cats. I'm not a cat though...I'm a human.

Wonho his lips and laughed when he saw her flinch, "Don't worry, I'm only interested in humans." For once, he wasn't embarrassed.

"I-i'm only interested in humans too!" She said back at him and he smirked

"Don't, it only works if I say it." She noticed that his attire was different today as well. Gone were the oversized hoodies, and the cute, embarrassed Hoseok. She looked away and Minhyuk caught her attention, before excitedly motioning at I.M.

"You see, Changkyun is the youngest and clearly has zero control. This makes him transform fully." 

"I was supposed to go drinking with my friends today.." Chaeyoung could hear the pout in his voice.

"Alcohol makes it worse, kiddo." Shownu patted the Tanuki with his free hand.

---

The next day, she made breakfast and left a note on the table, leaving before any of them woke up.

 

I have to go to work early today.

Enjoy your breakfast!

-Chaeyoung

Kihyun frowned when he read the note. Was she avoiding him?

----------------------------------------------

 

She pushed open the doors of to the realtor office, finding Mr. Xue looking over some papers. 

"Mr. Xue!" She called out to him. He was surprised to see her, smiling. However, his smile dropped when he saw her fuming. "You didn't tell me I was living with beasts!"

"Oh, that."

"Oh that? And all seven of them are MALES! What if they attack me?" 

"Please sit, Ms. Lee." 

"I want to move out! I'm a human, I can't live with them!" He places a piece of paper in front of her and highlights a line. 

"It's 7, 000, 000 won for the cancellation fee then." Her jaw dropped, "Well, if you can't pay up, then just continue living there." Chaeyoung sputtered for words, and Mr. Xue continued. "Don't tell me you didn't read through all the terms before signing this." She mentally punched herself then, Why hadn't she?

"You won't be in any danger living with them." He assured her, clearly convinced that she had no choice but to stay. However, she demanded to know the reason behind his confident claim of her safety. Mr. Xue made a pained expression and said something under his breath. 

"What?" She squinted at him. He fidgeted, twirling a pen. His amber eyes flitted from the pen in his hand, to the girl sitting in front of him. He was unsure if he should tell her, but it she would have to know sooner or later. 

"You see, the thing is..."

"Spit it out," She growled at him. He put the pen down and looked her square in the face, looking grim.

 

"You're not actually human." Wait what? 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a compilation of the species to clear up any confusion:

'Beasts':

Shownu: Bear

Wonho: Wolf

Jooheon: Tiger (I wanted to make him a gorilla after seeing Weekly Idol XD) 

Hyungwon: Fox (I wanted to make him a frog...ahahaha if you know what I mean *laughs and gets punched*)

Kihyun: Cat

Minhyuk: Puppy

I.M.: Tanuki (raccoon dog - don't be fooled by their name, they're more closely related to foxes and wolves)

Lee Chaeyoung: human? *wink face*

 

Double update~~~ Sadly I may not be updating until August 7th due to the fact that I am taking exams~^^ So...What species is Lee Chaeyoung? We'll have to find out~ 

pls leave some comments for me ehe. this is my first time writing a fantasy based fanfic (very diff from my drabbles and oneshots)

Much Love,

toffee13