Meeting My Housemates (Update: fixed)

Blue Moon

"What do you mean I have to leave by the end of the week?" Chaeyoung asked Mrs. Oh, bewildered at the sudden request. 

"I'm really sorry, but my daughter and grandchildren are coming back to live with us. We just don't have the space. Please understand. She's going through a hard time, the divorce has taken a toll on her and I need to keep an eye on my babies." Chaeyoung knew that Mrs. Oh didn't want to kick her out either; she was the tidiest tenent who had lived with the Oh couple. She sighed, deciding to start packing right away. It was already evening, too late to go house hunting. Maybe she'll rent a cheap roof top place...

The next day, she woke up to the knocking on her door. Still half asleep, she pulled open the door. "Good morning...Mrs. Oh?" 

"I'm so glad you're awake. Listen, my cousin has a friend who works in the real estate business. Here's the address." She handed Chaeyoung a piece of paper and patted her on the back, "God bless you, child."

Flustered, she thanked Mrs. Oh before going back in. Well, she had a day off from work today. Might as well go house hunting.

------

Looking at the address on the paper again, Lee Chaeyoung squinted at the sign hanging outside the Realtor Office. 'Cheap deposits and rentals'. This must be it. She pushed open the door, and was greeted by an empty desk.

"Hello? Anyone here?" She peeked into the doorway, not wanting to enter an emtpy office.

"O-oh, come in! I'm Mr. Xue, I was just making some coffee. Sit, sit! Would you like a cup?" A tall man with graying hair popped out from a door in the back and waved me in. He quickly rushed back and brought out another cup of coffee with him, setting it down in front of her. His eyes were amber in the sun's rays, "So I take it that you are looking for a cheap place to stay?" Chaeyoung nods and explains her urgent need for a place to live. Preferably by the end of this week. 

He brought out brochure after brochure. However, none of them caught her eye, and if they did, they prices were double or triple the rent she paid Mrs. Oh. After the 10th one, it was clear that she would not be able to find a place. Chaeyoung was about to give up and thank Mr. Xue for his help, when he suggested something else. 

"Have you thought of living in a share house? The rent is alot cheaper." Her eyes lit up again, and she tilted her head, eager to hear the idea.

"A share house?" 

"Yes yes, " he brings out a file to show her, "there's already 7 occupants living here. However there's a spare room and the rent is only 300,000 won" She nodded slowly. Only 300,000 won? Who care's if there were already 7 occupants. This was a great deal!

"When can I move in?" 

"Immediately. That's not all. I give you the rent for free if you can double as a housekeeper."

"For free? Really?" Her eyes widened.

"Yes, you just need to do the chores and maybe cook a meal or two for the the other tenants."

"Yes. I'll do it!" Mr. Xue looked amused at her enthusiam. 

"-Oh yeah, there is a catch though. Do you like pets?" 

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, "Yes, why?" 

"You can't live there if you don't like animals. So if they ask you what group you're from, just say cat."

"Cat? Why cat?"

"You seem like a cat person." 

"Oh..okay, I'll make sure to do that." Huh, so the tenants there are cat lovers?

"Alright! Let's sign the contract!"

--------------------------------

Dragging her suitcase up the front step, Mr. Xue opened the door first with his key and helped her bring her other suitcase in, before showing her to her room. Wow, it's so much more spacious than my old room...Chaeyoung looked around in awe. He told her that the other occupants were out and would be back by sun down, handing her the key. 

When Mr. Xue left, Chaeyoung rolled up her sleeves and began to unpack. After a few hours, she decided to take a break and plopped onto her bed. Before long, she drifted off to sleep.

*Creak* *tap* *tap* *tap* Chaeyoung's eyes popped open at the sound of footsteps. She glanced at her window. How long had she been knocked out for? It was already dark outside. *tap* *tap* *tap* She heard foot steps in the livingroom. Where the other people back now? She decided to get out of her bedroom and greet them. 

The hallway was dark when she walked out and a cool breeze drifted in from the open living room window. Chaeyoung flipped the light switch, and squinted. A dark figure by the foyer froze. "Are you my housemate?" Chaeyoung walked towards the male dressed in all black. "I'm Chaeyoung, nice to-umpgh." She tried to scream when he lunged at her, and grabbed her. A thief! His gloved hand covered his mouth and he stared into her eyes. Chaeyoung  froze, fear engulfing her. His eyes were bright red, staring straight at her. She felt dizzy, was she hallucinating from being scared? "..help.." She whimpered against his glove.  

Suddenly, the front door opened and in came a blonde male in an oversized hoodie. "What th-" The man in black turned to look at him, but his head snapped back as the blonde swiftly kicked, landing a hit on his jaw. He dropped Chaeyoung and the blonde caught her. The guy growled but backed off when 2 more males walked into the foyer. Clutching his jaw, he jumped out the living room window and into the dark.

"...Was that...?" One of the males asked, and the blonde nodded. One by one, more people filed into the house, each surprised when they caught sight of their new female housemate. 

"Is our new housemate here? Wha-Mr. Xue sent us a girl?" A tall, skinny male shoved his hands in his pocket, giving me the once over.

There was another guy with blonde hair...much lighter than the guy who saved me. He smiled and draped a blanket over my shoulders. "Hey, at least she smells so much better than y'all-ow!" He rubs his head where a brunette whacks him.

"You're scaring the girl, Minhyuk."

"I agree," A tall male wearing a sleeveless tank seems to take control of the situation, "How about we sit in the living room and introduce ourselves. We all wanted to meet you and I think you need some company right now." Chaeyoung nodded gratefully and followed them to the living room. They all sat in a circle. A guy with a dimpled smile pulls me down next to him.

"Alright, I'll start, since I'm the oldest," The one who suggested we sit starts, "I'm Son Hyunwoo, and I'm 25 years old." He nods at the next person.

The blonde who saved me speaks, "It's Shin Hoseok, but you can call me Wonho." He sends a wink in my direction, but then buries his face in the sleeves of his hoodie, "I'm 24." He continues, his voice muffled by his sleeves. Then he puts his hands down, "S-shownu is Hyunwoo's nickname." He stutters, trying to cover up his embarrassment. Chaeyoung bites back a smile. 

The platinum blonde snickers, "Don't do that if it embarrasses you! I'm Lee Minhyuk~ The 24 year old jack of all trades!" He finishes off cutely with a victory sign. The brunnette pretends to gag."Hey, at least I don't pretend to be cute like you!"

The brunnette looks at Minhyuk offended. "I'm Yoo Kihyun. Also 24. Don't listen to him. If you need help, you can come to me." Chaeyoung had a sudden urge to run her hands through his fluffy looking hair. Shocked at her own thoughts, she quickly folded her hands in her lap. 

It didn't help that the next boy who introduced himself was perhaps one of the best looking guys she's ever seen. He gave her an embarrassed smile, which drew her attention to his lips. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Chae Hyungwon. Turning 24 soon." His eyes flitted to the boy sitting next to her.

The one sitting beside me flashes his dimples again. "Lee Jooheon, 23 years old. Yo yo yo~" This time she couldn't help but smile back. They were the same age. 

Lastly, the quiet boy sitting far from her speaks up, "Lim Changkyun. I'm the maknae, born in 1996." He gives her a shy smile. She looks around at all of them sitting in a circle on the living room floor. They look back expectingly, waiting for her to speak.

"Uh..I'm Lee Chaeyoung, and I'm 23 this year. " She smiles and Jooheon throws his arm over her shoulder. 

"We're the same age!" Chaeyoung glanced at him, a bit flustered at his eagerness to be friends.

Changkyun groans, "I'm still the youngest?", but then he brightens up, "We three are now the maknae line!"  Jooheon high-fives him and then turns to her, fist out. She gently bumps her fist against his.   

"So...what group are you?" She looked back at Shownu and remembered what Mr. Xue said. 

"I-i'm from the cat...group.." Uncertainly, she trails off, feeling their eyes on her. Did I say something wrong?

Kihyun is the first one to respond, looking at her excitedly, "Me too!"

"Uh..yeah.." She says, laughing awkwardly. They welcome her again before dispersing to their repective rooms. It was late and they were all tired after the long day. She needed rest too. Mr. Xue never told her that she would be sharing a roof with 7 boys! She shook her head, thinking that he probably didn't want her to back out of the deal if she knew. Probably since boys were harder to clean after...right? Not that she would have backed out from getting free rent anyways.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first chapter is up~ 

Hope you enjoyed it~ Right now it may not be clear who Chaeyoung is going to end up with...hmm, is it Wonho? or Jooheon? LOL if you already read the tags/characters...oops spoiler alert!!! /gets punched for spoiling/

uhhh here's some pics and gifs to make up for dat spoiler.

Here's Kihyun cringing at Minhyuk.

tumblr_oar0wfmS7H1vt0cfxo1_540.jpgahahahatumblr_o7jbueVTJc1vnxycpo2_400.gif

I.M. being a dork

tumblr_oar0guyp4S1vt0cfxo1_540.jpgtumblr_oa94irpNeB1vnxycpo1_400.giftumblr_o94fvxkuIB1vt036ao1_540.jpgtumblr_oaqa05hq2x1vs79jco7_400.giftumblr_oaqh6cHA0b1ukx31ho1_540.jpgtumblr_oaqgqbeb421ukx31ho1_540.jpgtumblr_o7vcszOhzo1qjq9s7o1_400.giftumblr_oaq68zShAi1uwestgo2_1280.jpgtumblr_oaqba4vZ5y1vuoyklo1_540.jpg

tumblr_oaes84LdZl1qzlewlo1_1280.jpgpicky eater edit lolol

Disclaimer: All images belong to their rightful owners.

Much Love, 

toffee13