The Mind Invaded

Blue Moon

Kihyun looked at her amusingly, "It's just a stray." He watched her slowly open her eyes, relaxing as she watched the the cat stalk away, tail waving at them. Kihyun tried to hold back a snort when the cat meowed loudly, clearly feeling offended that Chaeyoung had screamed at it. He shifted his arm a little, reminding her that she was still clutching onto him. 

"O-oh, right...of course." Chaeyoung quickly unlatched herself from him, thoroughly embarrassed. She didn't notice Shownu's eyes trained on her.

 Kihyun couldn't help but catch her scent. It was sweet and a little intoxicating. Suddenly, he was wishing that she held onto him for a bit longer. He quickly shook his head, trying to clear the odd cloud over his thoughts. 

They walked back to the van, finding that Hyungwon was already napping in there. Jooheon was watching their surroundings intently. They had come back to watch their van, having nothing better to do.

"Go into the van first I need to go over something with Kihyun," Shownu ushered Chaeyoung into the van. As soon as he saw her settle into her seat, he turned back to Kihyun.

"Don't you think her behaviour is odd?" 

"What do you mean?"

"Are you sure she's a cat?"

"She smells like one...but sweeter...n-not that I've been especially scouting her out. You know, when she got scared of the stray. She was standing really close," Kihyun mentally kicked himself for rambling.

Shownu sighed, something was off for sure and Kihyun didn't seem to notice the way Chaeyoung lacked the senses of a typical cat.

 

------

"I'm heading of now!" Chayoung called to Mina, and waited for her friend's head to pop out from behind the mannequin.

"Alright, be careful!" 

Unlike Mina, she didn't have anyone to pick her up this late at night. She swung her arms lightly, walking past the closing stores. Suddenly, someone tackled her from from behind.

"AHHH!!!" She screamed and a hand clamped over . 

"It's just me!" Kihyun let her go once she relaxed, "-Ow! Stop hitting me! I'm sorry!" He protested as Chaeyoung slapped his arm repeatedly. 

"Scare my soul out will you? Geez!" Kihyun only chuckled in response. They walked comfortably, side by side. It turned out that Kihyun was a vocal teacher in one of the music academies nearby. He promised to walk her from then on, realizing that their work places were alot closer than expected. 

Chaeyoung wanted to ask him something when her ears caught the sound of footsteps. She wasn't sure why but the clacking sound echoed creepily in her head. Turning to Kihyun she realized that he was already looking at her. She fidgeted nervously before voicing out her question.

"Do you think it coul-" She then saw a cloaked figure appear a few feet in from on them and tugged on Kihyun's sleeve.

 "Spawn." He confirmed, pulling her behind him. The hooded figure slowly walked towards them, and slid his hood off. The dim street lamps reflected off his red eyes, giving them an evil glint. 

"Hand me the girl." His gravelly voice made Chaeyoung's hair stand on end. Kihyun made no move to step aside. Instead, he waited for the spawn to near. Letting out an animalistic growl, he swiped at the spawn's neck with his claws. Chaeyoung gasped and moved out of the way as Kihyun brought his fist back, punching it in the jaw.

She could only stand an watch as they exchanged blows. However, it was clear that this spawn was a lot more experienced than the one who attacked her on the first night. One cat was ot match for it. Soon, it had Kihyun on his knees. He snickered, trailing his razor sharp fingernail up Kihyun's cheek, leaving a deep cut in it's trail. Chaeyoung let out a muffled cry when the spawn let go of Kihyun and turned his head to her. 

Her eyes widened as she locked eyes with the spawn, the red eyes seemed to drill into her like lasers. A piercing pain ran through her skull and she cried out.

Then it was gone. The pain left her and in it's place was darkness. She watched as the spawn walked towards her. A shiver ran up her spine as thoughts that weren't hers started to whisper into her mind. You are mine, little kitty. At that moment, she saw Kihyun stand back up. Her eyes must've given it away, because the spawn suddenly turned from her and roared at her friend. KILL. KILL THE CAT. GET THE GIRL No...No! she thought back, STOP! 

At that moment, the spawn froze, confused. Kihyun took this moment and landed the finishing kick, dispersing the spawn into a cloud of dust. He landed on his feet, before snapping his head up to find Chaeyoung. Running up to her, he grabbed her by the shouders, the relief in his eyes were clear. 

"Are you alright?" He wrapped his arms around her, his breathing still heavy from fighting. They stood there listening to each other's heart beats, glad that they both managed to get out alive. 

Coming to her senses, Chaeyoung quickly pulled herself from him to look at the scratch on his cheek.

"Ah! It's still bleeding!" She was about to wipe the blood with her sleeve, but Kihyun stopped her. Their eyes met, but both were in confusion. 

"Your eyes..." He panted lightly.

"W-what about my eyes?"

"They're...green." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@bluebunny96: Thank you~ 

This was  pretty short update ;-;

Want a hint? So far you've seen the flash of red eyes and blue...what exactly is green then?

Leave comments/feedback and I'll see y'all next chapter aha~ 

Much Love, 

toffee13