Three.

Claws of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of shattering glass.

I sat up and tried to get a grip on my surroundings, but was immediately met by a pounding headache. God. What the hell did I do last night--drink liquid stampede?

I squinted my eyes at the fuzzy room I was in. Light filtered in through half-closed blinds and I could make out articles of clothing strewn everywhere--on top of a TV, wedged in a couch, hanging off a fake plant. I briefly looked down, grabbing at myself in the process.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Fully clothed.

“Alright, everybody!” a shrill voice suddenly yelled, causing me to curl into a ball on the floor and cover my ears. Was that really necessary? “It’s two o’clock and I’m not in the mood to explain to our house mother why there’s fifty people passed out in the living room when we were supposed to be making volunteer schedules.”

I groaned, rolling over and into the person next to me. To my utter shock, I saw a boy named Do Kyungsoo completely wiped out, missing his pants and shirt, with a coat hanger delicately wedged in his open mouth. I knew him vaguely from my World Civilization class and as one of Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s friends, but I would never have taken him to be the party type. 

Then again, most people didn’t take me--high school salutatorian, captain of the Tae Kwon Do team, and president of the music club--to be the party type, either. 

“Get out!” the voice came again, and I felt my head throb. “If you’re not awake and out of here in the next ten minutes, so help me God, I will call Student Conduct!”

That did it. Most of the people around me groaned, making motions of stretching and clutching their heads. Kyungsoo next to me did nothing of the sort, evidently majorly passed out.

“Kyungsoo-ssi,” I croaked, my throat terribly dry and angry, “Wake up.” I poked his side gently and removed the coat hanger.

His face scrunched as he inhaled a deep breath. “Lu?” he asked softly, and I raised a brow.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, you need to wake up,” I repeated, and the boy beside me blinked softly, his round, blank eyes meeting mine.

“You smell...” he trailed off, and I furrowed my brows in offense.

“Hey, buddy,” I hissed, “You reek, too.” Kyungsoo groaned and wiped his face with both hands. 

“Sorry, that’s not what I meant. I’m just... imagining things. Sorry,” he said, and I made a face. “Where are we?” he asked, and I laughed.

“I think we’re in the Kappa Delt house. Wild party,” I said, shrugging. Kyungsoo nodded and rolled around on his back a bit before twisting to sit up. He breathed in deep, and if I didn’t know he was trying to not react to the immense hangover, I would’ve thought he was meditating.

“Well, thanks for waking me up, Yeonhee-ssi. I’ll see you in class,” he said before slowly coming to a standing position. I gawked. He must not have had nearly as much to drink as the rest of us. 

Speaking of which, how much did I have to drink? It was evident by the fact that I couldn’t remember a single thing past arriving at the party last night that I’d had too much. I normally didn’t drink that much. I shuddered, trying not to think too hard. I was clothed and alright, not in a hospital and not in some stranger’s bed. I should be thankful and make note to not drink so much in the future.

I slowly got up, watching the people around me slowly come to. It was weird how things looked so drastically different in the morning light. The DJ’s equipment was long gone, the stereo system now looked empty and shoddy at best. The strobe lights were nowhere to be seen and--

I felt a new wave of pain wash through me. I held my head as I saw flashes of the previous night burst through, but it was mostly flashing lights and... Baekhyun? Had I spent a lot of time around him? I couldn’t remember and tried to push the thought that I spent a large portion of the party around him. 

Maybe that’s why I drank so much--I hated the sight of him.

I stumbled into Kappa Delt’s kitchen and tried to search for a glass of water and possibly pain killers, but a short, stocky red-headed girl stomped in before I could lift a finger.

“Get over your hangover somewhere else,” she snapped, and I recognized her voice as he one that had woken us all up a few minutes ago.

“Okay, okay,” I said meekly, holding my hands up in sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter