Two.

Claws of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sangmi’s sorority house, Kappa Delta Phi, was alive and b with excitement when we arrived. 

The house lights were off in every room but the kitchen, and a portable disco ball with accompanying strobe lights had been set up in the living room. Jeez, these people really did go above and beyond for their parties.

We were greeted by a few of Sangmi’s sisters, and then she gave us a grand tour of the house. It was large enough for twenty rooms, and she filled us in that about forty girls lived in the house. 

As we shuffled back into the kitchen, Sangmi took in a sharp breath. I followed her gaze and found the tall, handsome giant entering the room with a flock of other boys.

I pinched her arm and she yelped, frowning at me and grabbing her arm.

“What was that for?” she yelled.

I shrugged. “Just a reminder that you can do this,” I said.

She sighed. “But look at him. He’s so... perfect.” I watched her as she said this and noted that, yeah, she was really far gone on this guy.

I rolled my eyes. “Do you want me to talk to him for you?” I grumbled, and her eyes immediately lit up.

“You would do that for me?” she asked, her eyes wide, round, and excited. I nodded. “You’re the best friend I could’ve ever wished for!” she squealed and I was nearly knocked to the ground when she hugged me.

“Okay, okay. Thanks and all, but you’ve gotta let me go if you want me to go talk to him,” I said, and she quickly sprang away from me.

“Sorry,” she said, ducking her head. I moved to ruffle her hair, but thought twice seeing as how it was all done up perfectly.

“Go party. I’ll find you after I talk to him,” I instructed her, and she nodded obediently, grabbing Eunah’s hand and racing into the living room.

As they left, my expression turned sour. Baekhyun was one of the guys among Chanyeol’s friends and I certainly was trying to prolong our next confrontation.

Grimacing, I reached for whatever was set out on the kitchen island. It looked like punch but when I got myself a glass and sniffed, it reeked of alcohol. But I took another glance at Chanyeol and his friends and downed the contents of the cup.

I coughed a bit and had to wipe my eyes. Boy, that was strong. These girls really didn’t play around with their parties!

I quickly grabbed another two glasses and walked over to where Chanyeol was standing in the corner, surrounded by other people.

“Hey, Chanyeol,” I spoke, and immediately his eyes lifted to meet mine. He broke out into a signature grin and glanced at the cups in my hands.

“I hope one of those is for me,” he said, and I grinned back playfully. The rest of the group gathered around him didn’t seem to mind me much, except for Baekhyun, whose death stare I was trying to ignore.

“It sure is,” I said, “But this other one is, too.” Chanyeol’s head quirked to the side. “You know Park Sangmi, right?” I asked, and Chanyeol’s feature immediately lit up even more than they already were, if that was possible.

“Yeah, I know her. You’re her best friend, right?” he asked and I nodded.

“Look,” I began, “I’m not saying anything concrete here, but I can guarantee if you go find her in the other room and give her about five minutes to stop freaking out, you’ll have the best night of your life.”

Chanyeol grinned ear to ear and stepped forward to take the glasses from my hands. “Thanks, Yeonhee.”

I winked before he turned to leave, and I could swear I saw him blush. Sangmi was totally getting laid tonight.

In the meantime, I surveyed the rest of the room, trying to once again avoid Baekhyun’s stare. There wasn’t anyone I recognized in the room, and most people were already engaged in conversation, so I decided to slip into the other room. 

I found Chanyeol’s massive head above the crowd and grinned slyly to myself before scanning the rest of this room, too. I found Eunah in the corner, drink in hand, talking to a girl with la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter