Ten.

Claws of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night air was peaceful, and even more so in the clearing with the stars bright above me. I came out to the clearing in the woods a lot now, knowing full well the wolves who were out here could get to me at anytime. But they hadn’t, and I wasn’t too worried. I would come out here and lie down, tracing the stars for hours, just thinking. Putting puzzle pieces into their place and trying to stay a step ahead of a pack of wolves wasn’t an easy feat, but I had to admit it was a bit fun.

It had been a week since I stalked the pack and figured out their very specific commute details. I hadn’t made much progress since then, other than getting closer to the rest of the boys at lunch and in my classes. Although, I did have to give myself credit for being patient about everything. It took a lot of willpower not to ask my burning questions or spill something accidentally. If anything, I did it for Sangmi.

My next advancement came in the form of the boy I had seen so many times in my thoughts and dreams. 

His name was Luhan, and he was annoying.

I had gone to the library to check out a book for a history project in between my classes one day and found him by the entrance, totally unguarded and sleeping. I froze. He was curled up in a chair using a book as a pillow. It made me smile and my heartbeat sped up. It was my first time seeing him in school.

I walked over to him and kneeled down so that I could get a good look at his face. Being this close to him gave me that feeling. It felt like being under the sun on the nicest day of the year. It felt like I was home. 

With his eyes closed, he looked incredibly innocent and a couple years younger. My heart ached. How could he avoid this feeling so easily? Why did he always run away from me? 

His hair swept over his brows and a large part of me wanted to brush it back for him. 

So I did.

“What the ,” a voice called out.

I froze and looked down. With my arm still extended, hand barely brushing his face, I met his eyes. He was pissed. 

“Uh, sorry,” I mumbled, retracting my hand quickly. “I was just, uh, it looked like you had a… thing… in your hair?” I tried.

The boy wasn’t buying it. 

“Whatever,” he snorted, “Just don’t touch me again. Ever.” He sat up and gracefully placed the book he had been using as a pillow in his lap. He started to read, ignoring my presence.

“You got it,” I stated. When he didn’t look up, I coughed. “What’s your name?” I asked. 

He looked up, eyes narrowed and peeking out from under his bangs. He was incredibly adorable. My stomach flip-flopped and my heart squeezed. 

“Why do you need to know?” he questioned, and I frowned.

“I don’t need to know,” I spat, “It’s a common courtesy thing. When one sees someone more than three times, it’s pretty standard to ask that person's name.”

This seemed to set him off.

“When have you seen me more than three times?” He asked. I could clearly feel the question was a challenge. It was like he wanted me to dare say out in the open that I had seen him in his wolf form, which I was 100% more or less sure I had. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep myself from smirking.

“Just because you haven’t seen me more than three times doesn’t mean I haven’t seen you more than three times,” I jeered.

“And that still doesn’t mean I have to tell you my name,” he said. His cool, collected aura seemed to falter every second I continued to pester him. I liked it. I wanted to break down that facade so badly.

“My name’s Yeonhee. Im Yeonhee,” I began. “I’m a first year. Major undecided, but I’m leaning toward music. High school tae kwon do captain. What else? 162 centimeters tall. Libra. Cat person, but I really do have a soft spot for dogs. Oh, and I’m wicked good at MarioKart and-“

“Oh my god, please stop,” he whined, his hands covering his ears. I laughed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter