Green Cocoa

To You, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„Where have you been?“
Nichkhun’s voice thunders as she opens the front door. She flinches backwards and instinctively turns around to run away. But finds herself trapped in a matter of seconds. It’s easy for him to corner her, as he is a lot stronger and especially faster than her. His chest rose and fell with rapid breaths.
“You can’t run away forever, babe.” he honeys, it gives her goosebumps.
A statement like this is, even outside of a horror movie, rather frightening. Especially when her mobility is limited, due to his body pinning her against the wall. Sohee just turns her head away, refusing to even look at him, let alone speak. He uses the time to take a better look at her, she feels his eyes wander over her body, until they stop at the sight of the unfamiliar shorts. She could have switched them somewhere on the way, but Jiyong’s were a lot more comfortable and more important clean and unused. Also finding a bathroom hasn’t been easy, and the one she has found was dirty and small. She wouldn’t have spent more time than necessary in it, even if they paid her.
“So, who is he?” He pants, while his grip tightens, it’s almost painful.
Still no answer from her, not even a glance. Losing his patience, he jerks her head towards him, forcing her to look at him.
“Come on babe, we really need to talk about this.”
He tries to sound mellow but also firm, and she knows he is right, but she doesn’t want to.
“Why are you even home?”
At least a beginning, Nichkhun muses and slowly backs away from her.
“Because I was worried. You were wandering off in the middle of the night. Who knows what could have happened.”
A month or two ago, these words would have flattered her, he worries so he cares, she used to think. So he still cares. But yet it feels like an excuse to control her.
“Why? Wasn’t your intern ready to fill my absence?”
Instantly, there is a sharp pain in her cheek, and her shoulder, as the smack caused her to bump into the wall behind her. Nichkhun is shaking, and stares with widening eyes of his burning palm.
He opens his mouth to say something but Sohee pushes him out of the way, and flees into their shared apartment into the toilet, were she can lock the door.

 

 

The balcony is open, fresh cold morning air fills the apartment, as well as the noise of sizzling bacon. Of course no eggs, but fried bacon on toast is, even without scrambled eggs, very delicious.
The coffee machine is humming loudly while doing its duty. Filling up the brown essential liquid in his favorite mug. He dances to the song that stuck in his head. “Like rice cakes, like rice cakes. Our chemistry, our chemistry.”

He has sung it under the shower and summed it when he searched for the pan. He makes a little swirl as he opens the refrigerator to take out some butter for the toast. Jiyong misses the clicking of the front door, but he doesn’t miss the call of his name. Cautiously he takes a glimpse to the living room, and feels surprised.
“Kiko?”
He really hasn’t expected to see her. Especially not in here.
“Surprise Baby!”
She cheers happily, and jumps towards his direction slinging her arms around his neck and pressing her lips captivatingly onto his. She flashes him her flawless smile, her eyes twinkle in happiness.
“I haven’t expected you back,” he hears himself say. It’s inappropriate, given the circumstances, but he does feel happy to see her. Being able to cup her face between his palms and lovingly kiss her forehead.
“How was Japan, darling?”
“I missed chouuu~” she whines, and wraps her arms around his waist. Deliberate she presses her hips against his and he immediately clears his throat. It’s not a sweet gesture of his girlfriend. Kiko is never sweet but absolutely fervent and cunning and he is absolute bewitched by it. Her fingers hold him by his waistband and guide him back towards the lounge. He uses the opportunity to give the shirt a smooth kick beneath while allowing himself to get lost in the infinity of her dark eyes and her racy smile. She pushes him and he confidentially obligates, letting himself fall backwards onto his furniture. It’s not blind trust, he has felt the armrest of his settee. There are body parts of him that almost got a little too excited as she easily climbs on top of him. But instead of unbolting his shirt, she stops and raises an eyebrow.
“Do we have a guest over?”
She asks in askance, as she sees the blanket and the pillows beneath her boyfriend. It’s really not the type of question he wants to hear or even care about right now. But it helps to bring some sort of sense back to him or better said the blood who has rushed between his legs found its way back into actual vital body parts.
“No,” he says, almost a little too hastily, “my bed was just too big and cold without your company, so I couldn’t fall asleep.” Almost as if to empathize his words his finger play with a lost lock of her hair and brush it back behind her ear. It sounds believable he knows because it isn’t the first time this has happened. He usually calls her on such nights. He hasn’t this time and this is the single flaw in his lie. This woman is incredibly witty and the longer her eyes linger on him, the nervier he gets. He is sure she can already tell that something isn’t quite right so his best chance is to get her attention away from here.
“Well, I suppose I will have to invite you out for breakfast then.”
Her eyebrow furrow and she looks at him questioningly. The smell of bacon and coffee is almost unbearable and it’s impossible to miss it.
“Why?” Her finger sweep over his chest and stop exact above his .
“Weren’t you just making breakfast over there? Or is my company not satisfying enough?”
She rolls her hips against his pelvic watching him swallow dryly.
“No,” he shakes his head quickly, “but I only have old bread here, and burned bacon and that’s not a worthy a meal for my queen.”
She titters at the last words, but still, gives his poor a hard pinch.
“I suppose, we could go out for brunch, and continue to have the fun later,” she chirps cheerfully.


 



“Common Sohee, I’m sorry, I truly am. You know I would never want to hurt you.”
Nichkhun bangs his feast against the wooden door making it shake, pleading for her to open. He does that for a while now, it starts to annoy her. The sound that rings after penetrates her sensible hearing and gets harder to ignore. With every other shake, she keeps on wondering if the hinge would loosen up sometime or even break apart. Sohee sits on the closed toilet lid, legs tucked to her body, chin resting on her knees. Her fingers play with the golden ring, on and off, on and o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter