- Chapter 5

Ride The Bull

Title: Ride the Bull

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: nc-17

Length: 5,484 Words (5/8)

Genres: Romance, college AU

Summary: One would think him blurting out at 2am on the couch in front of the TV to one of his best friends’ brother that “I hooked up with Chan Yeol four nights ago.” was totally uncalled for. This is the story of Baek Hyun’s last four months’ journey of discovering his uality for his tall best friend. Imagine this. All this . Because of a 3D bull from some ty game.

Warning: Un-beta, lots of gay, and Baek Hyun is gay, okay.

 

===

 

Summer.

 

Summer was coming, and it only meant that finals will be over.

 

Baek Hyun thought that it was fitting how freedom was accompanied with the promise of blue sky and bright sun and scorching heat. Because it was only appropriate that the long awaited sovereignty will also be justified with pain and sorrow, because nothing was free in this world, and Baek Hyun believed in an equal-give-and-take theory. It was only fair.

 

While Baek Hyun looked forward to the warm weather, not having to wear layers upon layers, the varsity jacket lover, Park Chan Yeol, detested it with his whole heart.

 

“I have weird legs, I don’t even look good in shorts.”

 

“Since when do you care about how you look?”

 

“I do! You think why I use hair conditioner?”

 

“But the sea, Chan Yeol! The sea! Water! That’s gotta be something, right?”

 

“God, the sunburn. You know how easily I get sunburn.”

 

“Just put the sunblock all over your skin. Don’t be a dramatic .”

 

The pressure of the exams was already on them. At times like this, the three of them tended not to stick together as each of them was an equally great distraction to one another. Baek Hyun, however, didn’t know how he’d gotten robbed into sticking with Chan Yeol.

 

Both of them had the dining table filled with their notes and laptops.

 

Baek Hyun had crossed both of his legs onto the chair, sitting comfortably while trying in vain not to let sleep and fatigue get the best of him. His eyes were heavy, watery, but he found that if he focused hard enough on the lines of words, he might memorise a word or two rather than throwing everything away for something as mundane as sleep.

 

Pftt.

 

What was sleep anyway?

 

“Tired?” Chan Yeol’s soft voice startled him into focus. He looked up to see that the tall man had taken off his reading glass, body slouched against the chair and eyes focused on Baek Hyun.

 

It was hard to believe that someone who took good care of himself like Park Chan Yeol had bad eyesight. He would usually have his contact lens on, and while some people might see that move as a simple guilty vanity, that was not the case at all. It was all purely because Chan Yeol was a clumsy and tended to lose his glasses more than a few times a week.

 

“Very.” He told his best friend honestly, throwing his highlighter onto his opened book and clenching a fist atop the sheets.

 

Chan Yeol’s fingers were cold when they softly pat his knuckle.

 

Baek Hyun allowed the touch to linger.

 

And just because he was curious, he twisted his fist and laid his palm up opened, making way for Chan Yeol’s huge palm to dwarf over his.

 

Chan Yeol’s fingers were getting warmer now.

 

When he looked up, it was to a small and shy smile.

 

They continued studying after that and Chan Yeol pulled back his hand much longer after that. He didn’t know that it was possible at all, but the he swore he could feel the lost of warmth.

 

===

 

The hall was awfully cold.

 

His fingers were numb and icy the whole time he was stabbing his pen into the answer sheet, it –

 

Baek Hyun can feel his balls figuratively shrinking in.

 

He tried reasoning with himself that the only cause of that happening was because of the temperature, and it had nothing to do with the state of his mind over the -numbing paper he was trying to answer. 

 

He could’ve done better.

 

He could’ve studied harder.

 

ing Chan Yeol holding his hand and jacking up with his mental state.

 

But he guessed one night of cramping a whole lot of into his head couldn’t make that of a difference, anyway.

 

===

 

If there was one thing that he was grateful about life, it was that he wasn’t the only other party who ended up miserably outside of the exam hall.

 

The exam was still running, there was still fifty minutes left and there was Chan Yeol, sitting by the staircase that will lead down to the parking lot just next to the exam hall. He was nursing a can of chrysanthemum tea and a packet of red bean bun. Baek Hyun sat next to him with a huge sigh, immediately catching the tall man’s attention and Chan Yeol’s face basically lit up like a Christmas tree when he grinned.

 

“You too? Nice.”

 

“Shut up. like you shouldn’t exist.”

 

“Meh, some miserable er might like looking at my face. I’m handsome.”

 

“Miserable, yes, but not really a er.” He mumbled to himself with a shake of his head. Chan Yeol looked at him questionably and Baek Hyun quickly interjected, “I wonder how Jong Dae is faring. He must have done better if he’s still in there.” He then planted his face into his two palms with a moan and bit his lips at the soft pat on his back. “Unbelievable.”

 

“Nah, son, he got out five minutes before me and getting the car now. We thought you’re the only one that’ll survive this jack- paper, but apparently, we thought wrong.” 

 

They went for pancakes after that, not caring that they should get started with their preparation for tomorrow’s morning Advanced Accounting System. None of them were too happy about it, but at least Se Hun was when he joined the three of them twenty minutes later with a lazy grin, obviously leaving the exam hall early too, no doubt.

 

Se Hun was very nonchalant about everything. Baek Hyun thought that the man was rather lucky with being average in everything he did. He didn’t need to try so hard, he’ll get that B- and if he focused just a little bit harder, he’ll get a B+ or sometimes, even an A-.

 

“How’s Accounting Theory?” Se Hun asked all casually and the bout of miserable groans that chorused following the question somehow made him smile. Baek Hyun felt like shoving the man’s smiling face to the table. He almost did, his fingers were already curled at the back of the man’s head. It just so happened that on top of being tall as and good looking, Oh Se Hun was just strong and no matter how much force he put into his fingers, his head just won’t budge.

 

“Try harder, Baek Hyun-ah, you’ll pop out a .” The younger commented nonchalantly and it immediately pulled out a huge grin out of Chan Yeol.

 

He should probably be insulted by the comment, but he just can’t help how fast his heart was beating at the other tall man’s smile.

 

ing sadist, that was basically him in a nutshell.

 

===

 

He ended up going back, gratefully, with Oh Se Hun as the younger man had offered.

 

The drive was a silent one as it was still basically early, only 11.45 am. Se Hun initially had the music on, Dizzee Rascal’s Bonkers playing loudly with him rapping along, but it was annoying, because Baek Hyun was still unsurprisingly agitated and antsy that morning from the Accounting Theory, so he switched off the radio altogether with a loud sigh and leaned his head against the window.

 

He closed his eyes when long fingers ruffled his hair messy, almost smiling at the memory of how he was the one who used to doing this whenever Se Hun was upset back when they were younger.

 

“It’s gonna be okay, hyung.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“I’m a part-time fairy godmother, don’t you know that?”

 

“ you.”

 

“No thanks, honestly, it’ll complicate .”

 

“Life is already not an okay- anyway, it basically is ing me over now.”

 

“Nah, it can’t be that bad.”

 

“How do you even–”

 

“Because I’m a part-time fairy god –”

 

“Never mind, just forget I ask.”

 

Baek Hyun didn’t need to turn around to witness the -eating grin Se Hun was sporting behind the steering wheel as he pulled away his hand from the elder’s head. He’d forgotten how unnervingly annoying the younger can be most of the time, goddamnit, he used to be better at being a to Se Hun’s parade.

 

Se Hun ended up coming up into his flat with a blank face. He reasoned with the elder that he needed to use the bathroom, because –

 

“Some urges just can’t be contained. Forgive me for being such a weak human being.”

 

“I thought you’re a part-time fairy godmother.”

 

“I can’t see any necessary reason for you to be this rude, hyung.”

 

The bedsheet was cold when he lain down on them, hands folded beneath his head atop the pillow and he bended a knee. The room was vacant when he came in, the other bed crisp and untouched, a proof that Jong In had probably stayed up all night the night before for his morning exam, and he wondered if the younger would return back to their room at all.

 

The curtain was half closed, shadowing the room from the now glaring afternoon sun. Whatever little chilliness left in the room from the morning was quickly wearing off, heat starting to warm the room and Baek Hyun was contemplating on switching on the a/c.

 

The bedroom door creaked open to reveal tall Oh Se Hun. The younger man had a nonchalant expression. His long legs quickly covering the space between them before he walked pass the bed to the study desks.

 

The high pitch beep sound rang in the room and Baek Hyun had to hold his grin in when Se Hun had indirectly solved his dilemma by switching on the a/c himself. He quirked an eyebrow when the younger man hovered over him, broad shoulders shielding him from view as he straddled over Baek Hyun before climbing over him to the space between the elder and the wall.

 

The bed shook at his weight and Oh Se Hun had an arm crossed over his face, his sigh rumbled soon after that.

 

The silence that followed after was a comfortable one, but somehow, it made him dizzy with sleep now that the effect of the a/c was on impact. He shuffled in his spot, wriggling until he managed to use his legs in untangling the blob of duvet that had somehow meshed at the foot of the bed into a ball mess. Se Hun grunted as he lazily moved his feet along to assist him and they somehow managed to have the duvet untangled and covering their lower torso.

 

It was a tight fit for the two of them to be on the single bed like this, but this was Se Hun, his Oh Se Hun, so going by principle, Baek Hyun didn’t think he minded the skin contact at all. If anything, Se Hun seemed as if he was ready to melt by the elder’s side.

 

“Your roommate is that marketing student Kim Jong In, yeah?” Se Hun suddenly asked, voice low and soft, drowsy. Baek Hyun only hummed in affirmation, warmth starting to crawl over him seeing that Se Hun had basically plastered himself against the elder’s side, thigh to thigh. “Then you’ll probably know of the talk going on about him.”

 

Baek Hyun shifted in his spot, turning around so he was laid on his side, one arm still bended beneath his head against the pillow while the other was pressed by his side.

 

“About which one now? There’s many.” He asked in return, because there were plentiful of talk going on about Jong In.

 

“That he’s gay?”

 

“Got that one covered.”

 

“About him banging most of the lecturers to maintain the 4-flat menace he’s into?”

 

“Nah, he hasn’t got the time to do that between studying and his part time job.”

 

“Is it true that I heard about him being a rent-boy and all?”

 

“Don’t think so, he does love , but not for money.”

 

“Has he tried making a move on you yet?”

 

“Classified.”

 

“So he did? Is it a recreational thing, then?”


“What is this, an interrogation session, Se Hun-ah?”

 

Se Hun was quiet after that, his arm still crossed over his face and Baek Hyun studied his long throat, his sharp jawline and his fluffy lips. He lived and breathed with the fact that the younger was a very good looking man. So it was only fair how affronting that the man, despite being this up close, didn’t manage to pull any sort of reaction out of him like how Chan Yeol always did. It was confusing. If he can go mad just from watching Chan Yeol breathing, why was Se Hun so very different? Or, for that matter, how was it even possible for only Chan Yeol to pull any unexpectedly inconvenient reaction out of him at all?

 

Se Hun pulled away his arm from his face moments after. He was quiet, as if he was mulling over a thought and Baek Hyun silently watched over the other man. It was strange. They were so close, he always knew that, but he didn’t think most of other men would behave this calmly with each other if laid this close.

 

The younger turned his face to the side, his eyes scanning the elder silently. The mattress was soft under them, the shared pillow was starting to warm from their heads and the duvet was doing a wonderful job shielding them against the onslaught of cold breeze from the a/c.

 

“You wanna know what your problem actually is, hyung?” Se Hun asked, face contorted frustratingly in a quiet way. “You don’t realise that you’re actually nice. You tend to undermine people’s bad side, you always want to see what you want, and you only want to see the positive side of them.”

 

“I don’t understand how that is a bad thing? Should I go around carousing with the thought of people plotting my death on every second? That’s just plain vanity, Se Hun-ah.”

 

Se Hun narrowed his eyes at his scoff, temper obviously trying to get the best of him, but Baek Hyun knew him better, knew the extent of his patience and knew that it was ing hard to get him lashing out. It was frustrating why the younger man was acting this way. It was confusing the out of him because he didn’t think he liked the hint of hostility and accusatory behind the man’s words and tone.

 

They were quiet after that.

 

Baek Hyun was trying to keep his words in check because Se Hun was always the better out of the two of them and he didn’t want to say things he will surely regret later. He didn’t understand the man’s behaviour, he didn’t understand his hostility.

 

Se Hun was still looking at him. His bravado of being able to look at a person’s eyes despite their level of authority was borderlining pompous most of the times. Baek Hyun knew that, acknowledged that, but that still didn’t make the behaviour any less brattish.

 

“What I’m trying to say is hyung,” Se Hun started, “You tend to do things you don’t realise can be misleading.”

 

Se Hun’s soft voice was unexpected, apologetic almost.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked.

 

“I don’t know, like, you do all these nice things to people, touching them, indulging them with things, and I think it can easily mislead people.” Baek Hyun couldn’t help the smirk at Se Hun’s frustrated face and he snorted when there was a light kick to his shin. “My point was, you do all these things and people can easily misinterpret your action. It’s as if you’re making a move on them, you know. It’s kinda creepy.”

 

“Why? Does your heart beat faster when you’re with me then?” He teased with a smirk and Se Hun narrowed his eyes, didn’t bother concealing his disgust at all. But the man closed his eyes when he pushed his fingers and carded them around the light coloured hair, pushing Se Hun’s bang back. “What about this? When I play with your hair like this?”

 

Se Hun let out a deep sigh and Baek Hyun grinned wider when he opened his eyes.

 

“I think you kinda miss the point here.”

 

“Did I?”

 

===

 

He decided to stay at his place that night instead of piggybacking at Chan Yeol’s studio like a parasite as he usually did any other night. Se Hun and he ended up sleeping the rest of the afternoon that day and they woke up around 4pm when Baek Hyun’s loud ringing tone screamed from the pocket of his skinny jeans when Jong Dae called him to ask about dinner.

 

It was when he walked out that night from the bathroom in the hallway and entered his room that he saw Jong In sitting on the floor next to his bed. Jong In was leaning against the mattress, body slumped forward with head bowed. He looked up when he heard the door creaked close and watched as the elder sauntered in with only boxer brief and towel around his neck. The younger man’s backpack was on the floor next to him, and his face was pale, tired, and Baek Hyun can tell that the man must have holed himself up in the library again after his morning paper.

 

“Put on some clothes, hyung, or you’ll catch a cold.” Jong In said softly and Baek Hyun only nodded lazily as he walked to his cupboard, pulling out a fresh tee for himself.

 

It was later that night when Jong In had settled himself at his desk and Baek Hyun at his own next to the younger that the thought crossed his mind at all. His writing hand stilled and hovered over his printed notes at the memory. He looked up to the pin board nailed to the wall ahead of him, eyes scanning over the timetables, tickets from the gigs and raves he attended and pictures of him and his friends and his families. The pin board was already there when he moved in, and Baek Hyun just stacked things onto it in a sad attempt not to lose them.

 

There was one particular picture that caught his attention. It was that of his mother hugging him with his grandmother and his brother. Hills that surrounded the Gangwondo Yanggu colouring their background and Baek Hyun remembered distinctively how cold it was that morning when his brother forced everyone for a photo to try out his new camera. His father had grunted and refused to indulge his eldest son’s whim, but his mother was all too eager to comply, pulling him and his unsuspecting grandmother along.

 

He remembered a lot of things actually, like the smell of his grandmother’s braised sweet potato and his mother’s fried rice, but now at that moment, the memory of Se Hun’s remark from the afternoon played glaringly at the fore of his mind, and he couldn’t help the frown that immediately cut across his face.

 

The man said that his actions were misleading?

 

But to who?

 

“Do you find me desirable?”

 

His question surprised even himself and his eyes became dazed as he focused on nothing.

 

Jong In didn’t answer immediately and the quiet sound of muffled music from the younger man’s earphone filled the air. For a moment there, he really thought that Jong In didn’t actually hear his question, so he dared himself to turn his head towards the other man. Jong In had stopped writing and was staring at him all the while.

 

He can sense the blooming question in the man’s silence, but he didn’t want to turn away either from the confused eyes.

 

It took a while, but Jong In answered him.

 

“Yes.”

 

The answer was unexpected, but he can’t say that he was surprised either.

 

“Why?” He asked.

 

“Because you’re nice.” Jong In answered.

 

“Am I misleading you in any way?” He asked again.

 

“No.” Jong In had answered back.

 

So he nodded, turning back to his notes, but still refused to pick his pen up again.

 

Baek Hyun had sat with both of his legs crossed and tucked under his weight. His shorts were loose in black and his hoody was oversized in white. The a/c was on full blast, but Jong In only had his long track pants and topless. It was ludicrous to some extent, because it was cold despite the socks he had put on. The younger man had claimed once that his head can absorb things faster in cold. Baek Hyun decided to never question Jong In’s ways of doing things.

 

It was curiosity really that made him ask it, and he turned towards the man when the question slipped past his lips.

 

“Am I desirable enough for you to want have with me?”

 

Jong In, who had continued with his writing, swivelled his head back towards the elder with a furrowed eyebrows before a confused and suspicious frown stretched out across his face. But he nodded hesitantly after that before answering.

 

“Very much, yes.” He said, and Baek Hyun took note of the honesty he can hear from the man’s voice.

 

“So why aren’t you making any move?”

 

“I don’t want to complicate things.”

 

“Complicate things?”

 

“I’d rather have you sticking around with me for the long run, hyung, not just a mindless hook up.”

 

The answer made his chest warm up and he couldn’t help the smile that he was sporting.

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Do you want to have with me?” Jong In asked back, and despite how the question will usually make him shrivel with disgust, now, he only felt numb.

 

“Not really.” He answered earnestly, smiling lips now slowly falling.

 

Jong In nodded again before he said it.

 

“But you want to have with Chan Yeol.”

 

It wasn’t a question. It wasn’t even an accusation and Baek Hyun’s fingers instinctively curled into a fist atop his note. His palm grew sweaty and cold. His neck felt tingly all over, and his face felt warm. His heartbeat probably skipped about a thousand beats, his torso clenching in and his jaw tightened defensively. But the worst part of everything was probably how easy it was for images of his best friend to flash across his mind. Memories of his laughter, his smile, his deep voice and the wet dreams that had been plaguing most of his nights these days.

 

Denial was quick to reach the tip of his tongue, but Jong In was looking at him knowingly. It was as if the younger was expecting for him to sprout lies to cover up his guilt.

 

Since when did this attraction have become guilt?

 

He turned away, looked down to the messy handwritings scribbled next to the printed notes. The PowerPoint slides were filled with cluster of neon highlighters of different colours, of shades lining sentences that might or might not be relevant.

 

He gathered his pen back into his hold when he finally admitted it to Jong In.

 

“Yes.” He said, “I want to have with Chan Yeol, yes, but I probably might want to have so much more than just that.”

 

Baek Hyun didn’t know why, but it became easier to breath after that.

 

He thought that the admission wasn’t really for the benefit of his roommate. The confession was really an admission to himself because it. Two months after the Qunari escapade, Baek Hyun just decided to stop fighting the growing infatuation he was harbouring for his best friend and accepted the fact that he might be ed head over heels for Park Chan Yeol.

 

Because see, the image of waking up next to the beautiful man, morning light streaming in from the parted rocket-printed curtain of Chan Yeol’s room or just holding hands with him on the couch of his living room didn’t seem so bad at all.

 

===

 

Suffice to say, Advanced Accounting System was not really that bad.

 

There was still one week left before their last paper next Friday, Advanced Taxation, and finally after that, summer break. It how most people can enjoy their bouts of freedom in a week time unlike the three of them. But because they just knew that they were going to flunk their Accounting Theory, they had registered for the summer course to sit back for this particular paper.

 

There was a four weeks period into the summer course where students can decide if they want to proceed with the course or to drop it. Seeing that their result will come out exactly three weeks after the last paper, they actually have the choice to drop the course should they actually pass their paper, so really, Baek Hyun thought it was a win-win situation for any other person.

 

The three of them decided to have their lunch at Subway because all of them just wanted to get the day over and done with so they can sleep till tomorrow, figuratively and literally. Jong Dae at least had the audacity to ask where he should drop them off at, and despite how Baek Hyun had specifically told the man to kindly drop him off at his flat, Jong Dae decided to just ignore him and, in the end, drop both Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun at the tall man’s place. He justified his reason being that Chan Yeol’s place was the nearest to his apartment complex compared to Baek Hyun’s supposedly criminal’s hut.

 

The first thing that Baek Hyun did when he got into Chan Yeol’s place was to immediately drop off his shoes right after the door was closed before shrugging his backpack and black hoody onto the couch and plopping himself face first into Chan Yeol’s neatly made queen sized bed. He couldn’t come up with any plausible way to conclude how his best friend even had the time at all to tidy up his bed every morning. The man wasn’t even a morning person.

 

The sheet was cold against his skin, and he turned his head sideways towards the cupboard next to the bed and saw his best friend hanging up his varsity jacket, leaving him in loose sleeveless white graphic muscle tee and washed light blue skinny jeans. Chan Yeol’s arms were toned, biceps hard with pronounced muscle and the sleeve opening of the tee was a little too low, burning his face up when he can basically see the outline of the man’s ribs. The mattress dipped down when Chan Yeol sat at the edge of the bed, raising a foot, crossing it over one knee to take off his sock and he switched the position of his foot with the other one to take off the other sock. He then rolled the socks together into a ball before standing up and walking away to the living area opposite of the bed.

 

Baek Hyun watched as Chan Yeol dropped the item onto the coffee table between his couch and TV before the tall man returned and jumped into the bed with a deep content sigh.

 

It was pathetic how he can feel warmth creeping down from his face to his neck when he realised how close they were getting with each of his best friend’s shifting. Chan Yeol too had laid on his stomach with his face turned sideways, eyes closed. There was basically little to no space between their faces now to the point where Baek Hyun thought he can feel Chan Yeol’s warm breathing fanning over his face at each of the man’s exhalation.

 

, he wondered how long will it take for his heart to finally burst at this rate, going crazy under his chest. The damn organ just refused to calm down, messing with his stomach and his head. He was getting dizzy with adrenaline and high.

 

And then Chan Yeol made his move.

 

Baek Hyun thought he was close to throwing up his heart.

 

Chan Yeol’s fingers were skittish as they trailed over Baek Hyun’s waist, hitching the smaller man’s breath and cramping his stomach up at his sharp inhalation, before Chan Yeol’s palm finally rested at the base of his spine. He thought he can feel warmth seeping through his green tee. Baek Hyun’s fingers were basically twisting the sheet into his fist, and his eyes widened fractionally.

 

.

 

, , !

 

“You think we did well?”

 

He almost didn’t hear the soft question in his fit of hysterical internal monologue, but Chan Yeol was so up close, he can actually study the length of the man’s eyelashes. It was impossible for him to miss the movement of his lips, which got his eyes attentively paying attention to.

 

“S-sorry?” He stuttered, and the soft smile that appeared lazily across the man’s face made his face burned even more.

 

“Our paper just now. Think we did well?”

 

Baek Hyun thought anyone within a one-kilometre radius can probably hear him swallowing. The thought of cursing himself colourfully for being damn obvious about it materialised, in which he did prosecute it, in his head though, but still. His fingers were cold, his face felt tingly and on top of it all, he felt as if he was floating. Everything was so surreal.

 

Chan Yeol was so close.

 

Why was Chan Yeol so close anyway?

 

“We did okay.” He answered after a while when he was much calmer.

 

Chan Yeol opened his eyes at his answer and Baek Hyun knew he wasn’t that far at all from melting. Now that he basically had admitted his attraction for his best friend, somehow, his brain became more than efficient to mess with his head and body.

 

Chan Yeol moved closer after that and he was all but whimper when the man grabbed his shoulders with two of his huge palm and overturn him. The tall man hovered above him, and yes, Baek Hyun didn’t even bother covering up the fact that his eyes were the size of the saucer at the man’s unexpected move. Panic was quickly filling him up. His feet were forcefully parted open from his best friend’s long limbs. His fingers were at Chan Yeol’s loose tee above his torso and Chan Yeol’s long legs were a nice fit between his opened thighs.

 

.

 

, , !

 

Chan Yeol had a sort of a dazed look as he studied the smaller man’s face. Baek Hyun’s throat was quickly drying up at the heavy eyelids. Chan Yeol had the bottom of his own lips between his teeth in contemplation and Baek Hyun honestly didn’t know what to make of it, especially so at the way the man was eyeing his lips rather intensely.

 

The stupid part of his brain was asking what the was going on, the bigger part of it was filled with unplaced hope and expectance, but a small part of himself actually knew what the was to be expected.

 

“Hey,” Chan Yeol’s voice was breathless, the smell of strawberry mint was strong and Baek Hyun didn’t know why it did to libido. He was glad that his didn’t think ahead of him and get embarrassingly hard, but he knew that it will be soon, they were so close.

 

Best friends don’t do this, he thought.

 

Best friends don’t look at each other like this.

 

He should’ve ing known.

 

Chan Yeol shuffled on top of him, bending his arms so that he was resting his weight into his elbows that stabbed next to either side of Baek Hyun’s head. The movement did nothing but reducing the distance between their faces. He thought he can feel fingers brushing his hair and he was ed, because it was getting harder to breath.

 

The tall man didn’t say anything much, eyes basically eating him up and Baek Hyun swallowed audibly after a while.

 

“Chan Yeol –”

 

“Hey Baek,” The man called out again.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Do you think it’s okay if I –”

 

Chan Yeol’s question was cut off when Baek Hyun’s phone rang rather loudly from his pocket. It was a rude awakening, to be honest, and he looked down to his pocket at the so much familiar personalised ringtone. It was his dad. He muttered his apologies under his breath, and jammed his hand into the pocket of his skinny jeans, cursing at the tightness of the garment, and he noted, much to his dismay, the loss of the other man’s warmth when Chan Yeol moved over and lain next to him instead with a muffled groan.

 

He got up from the bed before hastily answering his phone. He thought he saw Chan Yeol sighing with a bite of his lips as he flung an arm over his eyes.

 

His father was coming down from Bucheon to see him with a surprise.

 

Baek Hyun was to drop him off at the airport after that.

 

===

 

a/n: OMG sorry for the late update! I was, well, a bit busy from the progressive tests I’ve had this week. It’s ridiculous. Missing two weeks’ worth of syllabus really is doing to me. Why the papers need to be so frickin hard, GAH!!

 

But, OHMYGOD, have you guys seen the teaser pictures? Baek Hyun is in his element, I’d say. Stripper. I need a stripper-AU. Okay, wow.

 

Anyway, how was the chapter? We can see Baek Hyun’s admission to his feeling. I initially wanted to make it more dramatic, but, meh. Let’s go for normal. I mean, we all are normal people, lol. So, drop me a comment or two and lemme know what you guys think!

 

-bluecoins