- Chapter 4

Ride The Bull

Title: Ride the Bull

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: nc-17

Length:  4,046 Words (4/8)

Genres: Romance, college AU

Summary: One would think him blurting out at 2am on the couch in front of the TV to one of his best friends’ brother that “I hooked up with Chan Yeol four nights ago.” was totally uncalled for. This is the story of Baek Hyun’s last four months’ journey of discovering his uality for his tall best friend. Imagine this. All this . Because of a 3D bull from some ty game.

Warning: Un-beta, also, there may be a scene that sort of, I don’t know, rated? It’s not M worthy, hence, I'm not rating this chapter as so. But a fair warning should be nice =]

 

===

 

Chan Yeol.

 

Park Chan Yeol.

 

His best friend was beautiful.

 

Baek Hyun can’t think of anything else as he stared at the other man on the seat in front of Oh Se Hun, light streaming in from the side window of the car. Chan Yeol had a knee pulled up against his chest, body and all leaning against the door. Jong Dae was loud behind his steering wheel from in front of Baek Hyun, jumble of words screamed out in the name of singing along. Se Hun was a religious follower, bobbing his head along to the beat.

 

Park Chan Yeol was beautiful.

 

He looked beautiful no matter how ungallant he can be most of the time. Because his facial attribution depressingly played a very robust role in vindicating his good look. Long sharp nose, with defined jawline and long neck, eyes shaped in almond, soft at times, but fiery for most. His lips were full and pouty, his voice was deep and when he smiled –god, Chan Yeol liked smiling, too generous, truthfully, and when he did it, he did it with a lot of teeth and gum.  

 

And then there was the matter of his mannerism too.

 

Park Chan Yeol had grown up to be a perfect gentleman, he realised.

 

His parents must be proud, for sure.

 

The glass of the side window was warm against his scalp. Baek Hyun had the blazing afternoon sun to be blamed, despite how bright Chan Yeol was, sitting in front by the passenger side, facing ahead, lips tightly pursed, because it was a known fact that he hated Jong Dae’s Mac Demarco’s Salad Days. Hidden behind Jong Dae like this, Baek Hyun wished he can keep doing this, quiet in his observation with no one calling him out. Guilty. He was guilty for harbouring this guilty pleasure so passionately.

 

It was unbecoming of him to be this careless.

 

But his feelings were not going to grow any less, he realised.

 

And he just happened to like pretty things.

 

How can one even possibly move on from Park Chan Yeol?

 

What was the key to unlock that trait? That possibility?

 

And then it happened.

 

He made the mistake of looking up to the rear mirror, because then, he saw it. Through them, he caught Chan Yeol’s eyes. Fire. Roving and searching and Baek Hyun felt his lips dried up at the intensity of his stare.

 

Fire and fire.

 

It was as if time stood still and suddenly, only the two of them existed.

 

Chan Yeol was unyielding, didn’t mind at all that he was caught staring at Baek Hyun all this while. In retrospect, it was only reasonable that Baek Hyun was just as stubborn. Both men guilty. Chan Yeol held his gaze and Baek Hyun gradually felt his stomach dropping and his chest clenching in, throat closing up and head dizzy and high. 

 

His fingers grew cold and clammy, the car was still loud, and he was aware that he was still hungry despite the kimbap he had for breakfast and it was only 12.30 pm. They were on their way for lunch, and Baek Hyun shouldn’t be this hungry.

 

Just ing hungry.

 

Chan Yeol was still staring, blinking, but still there.

 

He wondered who would relent first. Admitting defeat and guilt before turning away, because the prospective of swimming in sharp denial and lying and covering up the fact that he liked looking at Chan Yeol wasn’t that pleasing anymore.

 

He wondered if the other man knew at all.

 

Knew of the torch his best friend carried for him?

 

“Chan Yeol, can you get my power bank from my bag?”

 

Finally, it was Jong Dae’s voice that broke whatever strange limbo they were in, and both of them turned away, because Chan Yeol had twisted his body around, and Baek Hyun made a grab for the backpack by his feet. But he looked up then, looked up to see an unmoved Chan Yeol who had his arm stretched out for the bag, but eyes roaming over Baek Hyun’s face, searching and determined and he didn’t know what to think.

 

Because the way Chan Yeol stared at his lips made his breathing hiccupped and paused and the tall man looked up to his eyes when their fingers touched above the fabric of Jong Dae’s bag, both men stupid and, perhaps, confused. Chan Yeol didn’t pull away, and Baek Hyun didn’t want him to.

 

There was nothing subtle about it.

 

There was nothing subtle about how Chan Yeol’s eyes never left him, how his fingers rubbed over Baek Hyun’s in circle before the shorter man finally pulled away.

 

===

 

It had gotten weirder when they reached the café. While Jong Dae dropped them off in front of the shoplot with rows of cafes so that they can find a table while he looked for a parking spot, Se Hun had leaded the way with long legs and constant humming. It was ridiculous. Because his voice and the song he was humming to even more and he walked too fast.

 

The café was on the upper storey of the shoplot, the staircase was a torture, but Baek Hyun endured it with Chan Yeol following behind.

 

Se Hun was efficient as he pushed the glass door open, striding in with purpose and left the door closed to Baek Hyun’s face, but that was before huge palm laid flat against the glass, stopping it from swinging closed so carelessly. Baek Hyun stopped in his stride, still breathless from the stairs and he looked up to the long arm covered by white and electric blue varsity jacket and turned around to look at a handsome face. 

 

Chan Yeol had a snapback placed backwards atop his silver hair in a typical boy fashion, and his eyes were wide as he held the door opened for Baek Hyun.

 

It came to a surprise to them, because Baek Hyun realised that the movement wasn’t deliberate at all. Chan Yeol hadn’t meant to do that, but he still felt his heart skipped a beat.

 

 “I’m –”

 

“ –thanks.”

 

He thought he saw his best friend’s ears turned deep crimson, eyes wide with lips parted open when Baek Hyun had interrupted him and Baek Hyun felt like a fool. His face burned. So he can only nod his head furiously before turning around.

 

He thought he saw Se Hun gave them both a sceptical look, but that was before the waitress had called out for them to their table.

 

===

 

It happened exactly a week after their supposed scandal. Baek Hyun would, in the future, refer to this as a sort of his ‘proper’ awakening phase.

 

“Inner gay.” Jong In would say. “Release that dam of yours and allow the inner gay to flow out.”

 

He realised that after rooming with the younger marketing student for the past two years, it was best to allow the eccentric man’s trash talk run free, especially when he was drunk, because they will never make sense. He tried deciphering it before, in the name of bonding, but gave up as soon as he realised that it was a lost cause.

 

Spring will end in six weeks.

 

It was still chilly, but it was bearable, and Baek Hyun liked it.

 

And Jong In was sporting a huge purple hickey on his throat.

 

He knew of Jong In’s preference very well. See, the thing was, Jong In liked men. A simple scan over the man’s ways can’t make a person coming up with that conclusion easily, because Jong In has a sweet personality, has a pair of sleepy eyes, has pink-bleached hair, it was easier to see that as a part of his charm, his personality. He was stylish, simple, and sweet, and most people attributed that to the fact that he was a marketing student and a metroual man.

 

But Baek Hyun knew well, because while Jong In had mentioned it to him occasionally, he also tended to be handsy when he was drunk.

 

That was why Baek Hyun always stressed for him to lock the door, because the sight of Jong In splaying on top of the elder while snogging the life out of him tend to make people misunderstand.

 

The kisses won’t last long. Two to three minutes at most, and Baek Hyun allowed it, because there was no mutual attraction, and Jong In was a great kisser anyway.

 

Baek Hyun closed his eyes this time.

 

The day had been long. Chan Yeol’s actions were confusing no matter how in sync they were. It was still easy to fall back into step to their light-hearted and casual friendship, everything still intact, but somehow, everything has changed. He swore he thought he saw Se Hun eyeing them the whole day confusingly. Baek Hyun didn’t blame the younger man at all, because confusion might just be his theme for that particular day.

 

He felt Jong In’s long thigh parted his open. This was when Baek Hyun would usually draw the line, pushing the younger away, because Jong In was just drunk, and he loved , and he was ing drunk. But Baek Hyun allowed it, just this once. Partly because Jong In was tall, 5-6cm shorter than Chan Yeol, sure, but it was easy for his imagination to run wild, replacing reality with his guilty pleasure, because he didn’t know since when he loved another weight to smoulder him deliciously like this.

 

He thought that being crushed into the mattress like this by a heavy weight of another body somehow posed a different feeling. While he’d done it with girls few times here and there, there was a distinctive difference between being crushed upon and robbed all of control than being straddled, immobile, but still in control.

 

He wondered where he stood then –was he even in control at all?

 

Baek Hyun’s arms were still, pressed to his side. They always would whenever they did this. He freaked out two years ago the first time Jong In crushed him in his sleep and molested his lips with breath stunk with alcohol, he kicked Jong In’s out of his bed the second time the man did it.

 

“Why did you even do that?”

 

“I like kissing.”

 

“Yeah, no .”

 

“And I have no control when I’m drunk.” 

 

“That’s ed.”

 

“Sorry hyung, we can make a new arrangement. I’ll find a new room? I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be dumb. I’m straight, what’s the worst thing can happen anyway?”

 

Baek Hyun was so confident back then, he was so sure of himself that he told Jong In – “I guess a little kiss is fine, just remember that I can kill you in your sleep if you dare go further. You’re lucky I’m a saint.”

 

“I think your conception of religion and good deeds are ed up.”

 

Except that he wasn’t that confident anymore, because hell, Chan Yeol ed up with his head and things changed. Things always change, and look at him now, allowing things to escalate further. Simple smooching now turned into a full make out session, and Baek Hyun was panting, fingers stranded into sweaty pink-bleached hair and there was a set of full lips now trailing down his throat, his skin and flesh deliciously between set of teeth. Jong In’s long body rested between his thighs obscenely and it was Chan Yeol’s face blinking at the fore of his mind that made Baek Hyun moaned jaggedly and realised he needed a ing break.

 

“S-stop,” He gasped, before drawling out a breathless moan when Jong In moved his hips, grinding against him.

 

.

 

That was so ing good.

 

Jong In was gay and Baek Hyun was straight, but how come Jong In’s was only semi hard and Baek Hyun’s was in all states of solid?

 

Obviously the younger man didn’t stop. How could he? It had been more than ten minutes now, what self-control the other have must had already flown out of the window and Baek Hyun raised his arms, because he knew how sensitive his neck was, it won’t be long before he’d be game over. He didn’t think he was ready for things to escalate just yet, and imagination tend to do to him, because wow, Chan Yeol would just –

 

“Ow,” Jong In mumbled softly from his throat when he pinched at the man’s waist, flesh pulled between his thumb and forefinger, “Ow. Ow. OWW!” he twisted harder until the younger man pulled away from his neck. Eyebrows furrowed –betrayed. “Why do you do that? It hurts!”

 

Why did he do that?

 

He didn’t know.

 

Breathing was hard, his face felt hot and he was still hard. Jong In was still heavy on top of him, body splayed flush atop, weight crushing Baek Hyun, pinning him against the mattress and eyes starting to clear into soberness. He wondered if Chan Yeol’s weight would just –

 

Stop.

 

Jong In looked confused, face bewildered before he pulled his head slightly backwards. His eyes scanned over Baek Hyun’s face, brown irises probably trying to learn his facial expression and that was before a look of realisation washed over him and he a startled breath in.

 

“Wait a minute,”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m not hard.”

 

“Look –”

 

“So that means –”

 

“Jong In, please –”

 

“Y-you’re –”

 

“Don’t say it –”

 

“–but hyung! You’re hard, how come you’re hard?”

 

“Jong In –”

 

“You’re straight, you’re supposed to be straight!”

 

“I was –”

 

“Was? Why is that in past tense –hyung, what’s happening?”

 

“, I don’t know!”

 

“You’re hard!”

 

“I know, Jong In –”

 

“You’re like real hard –”

 

“I ing know I am!”

 

===

 

It was 2am when Jong In got completely sober.

 

The whole flat was quiet, because cheap rent equalled to suspicious people grouped together under one roof, and Baek Hyun hardly see them all. He needed to stay at a cheap place, and at that time, Chan Yeol was still rooming with his sister and Jong Dae was still then, and even now, staying with his cousins. He couldn’t possibly barge into Se Hun’s place, because he didn’t think their father would appreciate having another bachelor joining the three of them for dinner, despite how the elder man was only there for a month every half a year. He was an engineer, worked at the sea most of the months.

 

He met Jong In at Joon Myun’s party.

 

First year, sad and lost, trying to find someone to rent room with.

 

The campus’ hostel was already full, and they somehow just clicked, finding this cheap flat looking for tenants. The place had no elevator service and only five-storey tall. They were lucky to get the third floor. It will be developed into some high rise apartments in two years’ time, but Baek Hyun will probably be out by then.

 

“Hyung?”

 

Baek Hyun looked up from his bed. The room was dim, if not for the lamp on their study table. Jong In sat at the edge of his bed, facing the elder and he was looking straight at him. Baek Hyun was warm under the cocoon of his duvet, lain on his back, and he turned to his side, facing Jong In more directly.

 

“What?” He called out in return, and Jong In’s stare hardened. He looked handsome in black skinny jeans and grey long sleeved jumper. His hair was carelessly pushed sideways, fluffy and soft and pink.

 

“What happened?” the younger asked, genuine concern layering his voice and Baek Hyun felt his chest clenched in, because Jong In was honestly a sweet man. He was smart, scored himself a scholarship to be at the college, he worked part time at a convenient store to support himself, and he just happened to be gay. He drinks only when depressed, and having an unrequited love over his best friend made him very depressed and drunk.

 

His habit of wanting to kiss anyone when drunk made Baek Hyun squirmed at odd places, but bearing the thought that anyone might take advantage of the younger man made him strangely protective. That was the reason he decided to stick by the man’s side. It was better him then strange elder and dangerous men.

 

“Nothing happened.” He said, defensive, because Baek Hyun was a guilty man. And guilty man tended to be defensive in all sort of phases to be right.

 

“Was it Chan Yeol?” The question made his lips dried up quickly. It was happening again –sweaty palms, uncontrollable heartbeat and confusing panic.

 

How was it that the name rang easily from the man’s lips?

 

Was Baek Hyun that obvious?

 

His vulgar fixation with his best friend?

 

“I –what?”

 

“It’s him isn’t it? I saw you guys on campus. He won’t look at anything else other than you.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“So it’s not him?”

 

“What?”

 

“Hyung, please stop responding me in one word, it’s highly confusing.”

 

“You’re making me confused!” Baek Hyun sat up on his bed in haste, whipping his head to the side to face Jong In more directly. “What are you talking about? How is any of this about Chan Yeol at all?”

 

“Are you saying that none of this is about him?”

 

“I would know what to tell you if I understand what you’re talking about.”

 

Jong In crossed his arms over his chest, looking displeased at the elder’s outburst. He always had been more private and rather quiet sometimes whereas Baek Hyun was just loud and vibrant most of the time. He was loud when on the phone with his friends, loud when watching dramas and movies on his laptop, and loud when dressing up in the morning with Chan Yeol or Se Hun nagging from his bed. And he was especially loud when Jong In didn’t lock their door after coming back home drunk.

 

“You like Chan Yeol.”

 

“Of course I do, he’s my best friend.”

 

“No, not like that, you like him. You want to touch his .”

 

His clenched fists were unintentional, and Baek Hyun felt his face growing hot. He didn’t want to think about his heartbeat, because they were basically a speed boat, and his palms got sweaty, just like his feet and his neck. It wasn’t even hot in the room, summer was still six weeks away.

 

“That was highly inappropriate, Jong In,”

 

“Is it?”

 

“I don’t want to talk about this.”

 

“Hyung, at this point, I think only I can understand your problem. Are you just going to bottle it up?”

 

“There’s no problem to even begin with, Jong In.”

 

“I’m just trying to help.”

 

“I know.” He knew so ing well. “And it , I , I’m a , but I don’t want to talk about it yet.”

 

When Jong In sighed, he sounded older than his age. He stood up after that and pulled his jumper over his head. Baek Hyun looked away, because he knew what will come next. Skinny jeans and boxer and there was a rustling sound of the duvet being removed. He looked towards the other side of the bed again and saw that Jong In had already settled in, lain on his side, facing the wall. His shoulders were broad, fuller than Chan Yeol’s. He knew that, and he bit his lips for letting Chan Yeol doing to his head again.

 

And then Jong In spoke.

 

He said, “You know, when I was talking about Chan Yeol just now, it’s only because he’s the obvious one out of the two of you. I thought he made a move on you, or something, I’m only confused as to why you got so affronted by it, s’all.”

 

What?

 

“Come again?”

 

“Good night, hyung.”

 

He threw his cover off himself and stalked to Jong In at a speed he didn’t know he was capable of. Jong In’s shoulder was warm when he shook them.


“Jong In, what do you mean? Say it again.”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it, I want to sleep.”

 

“Don’t be a ,”

 

“You’re the one.”

 

“Jong In!”

 

“Good night, hyung.” The younger then shrugged his shoulder, throwing off Baek Hyun’s hand.

 

.

 

.

 

ing .

 

Talk about karma, man.

 

===

 

Baek Hyun was practically pulling his hair for the finals’ preparation in frustration four weeks before summer began.

 

It was somewhat satisfying how he wasn’t alone in his voyage of misery, because the lecturer for his Accounting Theory had announced during their last lecture that morning chirpily about how 30% of the class will fail for the final due to bad midterm result and assignment.

 

“But hey, there will be summer class if demand is good. That is, if you guys decided not to wait another year for this subject to be offered again!”

 

Jong Dae had looked determined as he dragged both Baek Hyun and Chan Yeol to the front of the class after the lecture was over to inform the lecturer that the three of them will register for the summer course and demanded to know when the registration for the summer class will open.

 

“We’re going to fail this paper again, aren’t we?” Chan Yeol asked dejectedly at the coffee shop the three of them had settled at. The sun was bright, birds were still loudly chirping, because it was only 11am, but the atmosphere surrounding them was moody, dark and sad, mirroring Chan Yeol’s miserable face as the man slouched against his chair with slouched shoulders. The simple smiley of

:-) next to the name Tara Banks was such a contrast to his sad face that it was not even funny anymore.

 

So it was only fair that Baek Hyun was depressed too. Chain reaction, that kind of .

 

“We knew right from the first day, anyway.” Baek Hyun supplemented with an ankle crossed over a knee, body slouched further against his chair, reflecting both Jong Dae’s and Chan Yeol’s posture. Just look at the three of them. What a bunch of dramatic ers, truth to be told.  

 

“Why bother trying?” Jong Dae had an aviator on, he always kept one in his backpack in case of a sunny day, but Baek Hyun knew that was a pile of crap, because Jong Dae had an obsession about trying to look cool and gangster-like. His hair was messy and he had Chan Yeol’s black beanie covering them up.

 

“We’ll only fail again.” Baek Hyun agreed solemnly, because wasn’t that the truth? They should’ve just skipped class.

 

“What’s the point of going to class man, if we’re just going to fail?” Chan Yeol agreed with him. Although a part of him felt ing good that Chan Yeol agreed with him, it didn’t even manage to lift some of his depression away at all.  

 

“Oh my god, will you guys just drop it?”

 

Se Hun dropped his bag onto the table before slouching on the chair next to Baek Hyun. The chair scrapped against the floor noisily as the younger dragged his chair closer to him. He groaned in response from the loud scratchy sound no matter how he knew and lived with the fact that Oh Se Hun was a peculiar . He didn’t like skin contact much with anyone else, but when it came to Min Seok and Baek Hyun, the other man basically thrived for it. Like now, look at him, their shoulders were basically smashed to one another.  

 

“Personal space, man.” He muttered under his breath. It was futile, they will only be ignored, because that was just how the younger man was programmed. in and out.

 

It wasn’t as if Baek Hyun didn’t notice the trait, because honestly, who couldn’t?

 

He was just so used to it.

 

He just happened to see Park Chan Yeol’s disgusted sneer from his corner of the table before the tall man leaned forward and pushed out two long arms, grabbing at Se Hun’s chair and pulled them closer to him, almost toppling the youngest over in return. Se Hun gave him a dirty look and Chan Yeol just then went ahead and slouch against the table instead, burying his head into his crossed arms.

 

Although the move may have resulted in his heartbeat to beat a few thousands beats, that still, of course, just confused the hell out of him.

 

===

 

a/n: Although I know I should apologise for being so predictable with the KaiBaek thing (because it’s a ing fact that I can’t help from indulging myself with them aha wow oops) but, lol. The scene was not M worthy, but damn, I still giggled like a school girl when I wrote that part because I’m lame like that. Mhmm. Just so you know, I wrote this when the boys were still in the Love Me Right era, hence, Jongin’s hair colour etc.

 

So. I’m still not over the new Star Trek and to make thing worst, I did a complete Voltron marathon and re-watch the whole season again because I’m a huge er for Klance. God-damnit guys, just so you know, I’m gonna write a bad spaceAU ChanBaek and no one is stopping me IDC! Also, I recently went to watch Suicide Squad. My honest (unwanted) opinion? Err, 5/10? I don’t know man, I mean, I really, really, REALLY love Deadshot’s and Harley Quinn’s dynamic though. I love how Joker’s motif is basically all about his woman. But I don’t like the enchantress-villain troop? Like, mmm, no?

 

And another personal thing, I am heartbroken. Like, thousand and million pieces kind of mess. I was actually really looking forward to going to UMF (Ultra Music Festival) in Singapore this September, , I’ve already had my outfits figured out! But since I just had my surgery, of course, when I asked my doctor when I saw him last week if it’s okay if I start jumping around or something, he looked me dead in the eyes and told me in a flat tone “No partying for three months. No music festival, no clubbing, stay at home and study for your boring ACCA.” wth, I didn’t even mention anything about ANYTHING, I thought I can hear vividly how my heart cracked.

 

:’(

 

Anyway, enough about that. So, how was this chapter? Nice? No? BAD? Please forgive me for all the grammatical error and what not. This is un-beta, don’t kill me. Please drop me a comment or a million to tell me if you love me or hate me.

 

-bluecoins