- Chapter 1

Ride The Bull

Title: Ride the Bull

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: nc-17

Length:  3813 Words (1/8)

Genres: Romance, college AU, guilty pleasure because fluff

Summary: One would think him blurting out at 2am on the couch in front of the TV to one of his best friends’ brother that “I hooked up with Chan Yeol four nights ago.” was totally uncalled for. This is the story of Baek Hyun’s last four months’ journey of discovering his uality for his tall best friend. Imagine this. All this . Because of a 3D bull from some ty game.

Warning: Un-beta

 

===

 

It all actually started two months ago, and he had no one to blame, but himself because –

 

Byun Baek Hyun was an honest man.

 

He was a blunt and to some extent, vulgar even, but the point was: he lived an honest life.

 

To say that he disliked the new Dragon Age was just a little too much, because he admitted that the CG and character design were definitely better than the second one, but the new romance option? Chan Yeol was disgustingly enjoying them a little too immensely.

 

“I can’t believe you’re doing this, man.” He sighed two hours after they got into Chan Yeol’s place. He slouched further into the couch, thighs parted obscenely with both arms crossed behind his head and looked at the screen of the huge TV with a bored expression.

 

“What?” Chan Yeol grumbled from next to him, body slouched forward as he held the black wireless controller closer to his chest in defence, and it was almost laughable how Baek Hyun can easily recognise the pout in his voice.

 

“You created a dude, a pretty one at that, just so you can see him get banged by the bull.”

 

“Hey! Everyone deserves to be loved!”

 

“He’s a bull.”

 

“He’s a Qunari!”

 

“You have some ed up kink, man.”

 

“C’mon Baek, you want to ride the bull, I mean, look at him. Who doesn’t want to get romanced by that?

 

“Err, me?”

 

Chan Yeol huffed out an indignant scoff at that and Baek Hyun turned to him with furrowed eyebrows and squinted eyes.

 

“Stop even trying to deny it Baek, I mean, let’s be real. I’m sure somewhere down there every man in this world at some point would want to get romanced by the bull. I don’t blame you. People tend to get curious, that’s all.”

 

“Yeah, and I’m curious to see how your mother will react when she knows about her son’s death –crushed by a huge ing 3D bull.”

 

Chan Yeol didn’t even try to look the slightest affected at his annoyed claim, and although that should be boiling the shorter man with unquestionable anger, all it did was instead stabbed him with unplaced panic and hysteria at Chan Yeol’s suggestion because the idea of it all was so plausible, it sort of freaking him out. Big, bulky and burly figure crushing against him.

 

What the hell was wrong with him?

 

With a shake of his head, Baek Hyun in the end grabbed the remote from Chan Yeol’s hand with clammy fingers and proceeded to exit the game and load the Assassin’s Creed. Chan Yeol didn’t say anything to that, but Baek Hyun knew the triumphant look he wore and Baek Hyun tried hard not to think about Qunari or tall man pinning him down the mattress.

 

His heart shouldn’t be beating this fast anyway, goddamnit.

 

He didn’t realise that it was just the beginning.

 

===

 

It was all morbid curiosity, really, Baek Hyun told himself three days after the Qunari escapade. He just happened to have a plentiful of free time in his hand, because he had no car, his baby still locked up back in his hometown after his father had texted him the repair bill with a clear ‘Your CGPA better reflect the money I’ve wasted, or this car will rot in the garage until your graduation.’

 

Min Seok was quiet next to him, only the noise of the TV filled the whole space and the elder’s occasional quiet hum to the tune of the insurance advertisement. The shower was running upstairs. Se Hun was getting ready for his midterm and had requested Baek Hyun to drive his car so that the elder can pick him up later once he was done and the two can meet up with Jong Dae and Chan Yeol later at the rave.

 

His phone was tight in his clutch, the sound of the video wasn’t even that loud, it wasn’t even anything obscene, but his face burned nonetheless at the suggestive voice and dialogue.

 

He was shameless.

 

Chan Yeol said this line before –“You want to ride the bull.” So he did it. He typed out ‘ride the bull dragon age’ by a slip of fingers on Youtube and list of videos came out within seconds much to his horror.

 

Talk about the huge height gap, the size gap was vulgar, scandalised, actually. Everything about it was so wrong on so many different levels.

 

He watched as one scene after another unfolded, going through the gameplay until the Bull had lain with the Inquisitor, to another scene of the beast smacking the other much smaller man’s and just says romanticised vulgar things.

 

“This is crazy.” He whispered to himself and he jumped up at the approving hum that came from next to him and saw Min Seok looking down at Baek Hyun’s phone with a bored expression. “Hyung!” He called out, pulling the phone smacked to his chest and saw the elder turning his eyes towards him before shrugging and turning back towards the TV.

 

“Look,” he began with a sigh, “I don’t really care with whatever kink you’re into, I mean, that’s your boat, not mine.”

 

“You’re getting the wrong idea, I swear –”

 

“I don’t judge,”

 

“Hyung –”

 

“So hey, whatever.”

 

The pat to his thigh wasn’t consoling at all, and Min Seok gave him a supportive smile, got up from the couch with a thumb up before walking to the kitchen, leaving Baek Hyun to sag against the back of the sofa with a miserable face.

 

He will ing kill Park Chan Yeol.

 

===

 

The club was loud with bass and drums and cheering crowd. The a/c kept the place moderately chilly, but when they joined the throngs of moving bodies, heat just crawled up his skin and music filled his head, turning him stupid and high.

 

As it always had been with this sort of events, there were promotions of new cigarettes near the bar, girls with pretty smile offering new concoction of shots and the four of them were almost too eager to try them. Chan Yeol and Jong Dae especially, despite knowing well how the three of them have a morning class the next day. They walked away after that, joining the crowd then before moving until they were in the middle of it all with some new DJ on the deck, playing his set as the opening act. 

 

He can hear Jong Dae’s high pitched cackle voiced out from next to him before he started jumping, shaking his head left to right in rhythm with the rest of the crowd. There was all sort of smell surrounding them –perfumes, colognes, beers, vomit, sweat, nicotine and weed. The four of them don’t do this very often, only when specific DJs in town or when they need to shake off the adrenaline and stress for upcoming exams or assignments.

 

Jong Dae’s cheer was loud and he smiled. He liked looking at Jong Dae when they did this. The shorter man blended so well with the crowd, it was as if he was born to do this all his life, partying, having fun and his smiles were bloody infectious it almost made Baek Hyun grin his face off. 

 

But that was before strong arms slid from his back and wrapped around his torso. Baek Hyun felt his eyes widened at that, his breath knocked out rudely from his chest. He always knew that Chan Yeol’s strength was probably unquestionable whenever the man swayed him from left and right like this, cheering along with Jong Dae and Se Hun’s weird smiley face. But if he had to be honest with himself that night, he didn’t really think it was Chan Yeol’s strength that made the air thinned up, making it hard for him to breath.

 

They were probably the perfect representation of brothers at arms, friends, boys just having fun. Baek Hyun shouldn’t be worried about people might mistake Chan Yeol’s hold around him as something more, he never found the need to, because he was confident with their friendship, they did this all the time –he was confident about himself.

 

But it happened anyway. His heart beat uncontrollably under his , his breathing hitching and his torso scrunching up into wayward ed up black hole, turning everything surprisingly hotter and crazier. He bit his lips when he felt the man loosen his hold around him, but because of that, the tall man’s forearm moved up along his tummy, hitching up the tee he had worn, probably unintentional because Chan Yeol was jumping against his back, hips grinding up and down Baek Hyun’s and back. Baek Hyun thought that he was on the verge of falling apart.

 

Suddenly he was hyper aware of Chan Yeol’s long limbs, thick biceps and the coarse material of the other man’s skinny jeans.

 

What was happening?

 

He turned his head slightly around, catching the sight of Chan Yeol bobbing his head up and down, in synch with his jumps and suddenly, he couldn’t tell nerve, anxiety, adrenaline and panic apart. His fingers turned cold and his palms got clammy and he didn’t even realise that he had touched the other man’s arm if not for Chan Yeol staring back at him.

 

Chan Yeol must have noticed the look on his face and the man grinned out in return.

 

“C’mon Baek, midterm will only start next week! Loosen up!”

 

He must have mistaken Baek Hyun’s horrified look for that of nerve for their upcoming midterm, but the truth was, it was probably worse than that.

 

“I need to go to the loo!” He shouted among the loud noise, and he was glad that they were practically plastered to each other, the tall man was virtually breathing down his neck and they sent confusingly wonderful shivers down his spine. He should’ve noticed of the man’s effect on him, he should’ve noticed, he should’ve ing noticed. Chan Yeol heard him clearly and the man nodded.

 

“I’ll save you some space!” The man shouted back and Baek Hyun hurried out of the crowd, a palm clutching his chest because breathing was hard, and the unplaced excitement burned through him when Chan Yeol’s fingers brushed along his torso down to his hips when Baek Hyun rushed away was wrong.

 

Just like the hard on Baek Hyun had spotted as he panted by the sink.

 

The man that looked back at him from the mirror was pale as ghost.

 

What the was happening?

 

Baek Hyun should’ve noticed.

 

===

 

Baek Hyun decided that there was something wrong with him when he got into Jong Dae’s car the next day. Jong Dae had dark circles shadowing under his eyes, whereas Chan Yeol had shades on, covering his eyes from the world and the man groaned out from the passenger side when Baek Hyun got into the car, shaking the vehicle with his weight and rough entrance.

 

“Sup.” Jong Dae called weakly from behind the steering wheel and Baek Hyun grinned, before he cheerily greeted them loudly from the backseat.

 

“Morning, friends!”

 

Chan Yeol moaned distressfully at that, and he tried ignoring how the voice made his heartbeat sped up and in turn, slammed the door shut.

 

“Can you like, be gentler? I’m having a massive hangover right now, and you moving about like a fat dinosaur is not helping at all.” Chan Yeol groaned and Jong Dae scratched his head distressfully.

 

“You guys knew we have a replacement tutorial this morning, I told you not to drink. Not my fault you s decided to be a in the end.” He said with a grin, feeling somehow victorious for being able to stick to whatever self-control he had last night, because if he was honest with himself at all, he knew control was the very thing he needed the most. Goddamn it, he didn’t even need to think about it now.

 

The ride was a silent one, except for his occasional humming from last night’s set at the backseat.

 

Chan Yeol and Jong Dae in the end skipped the replacement class and they instead had Baek Hyun signing the attendance list on their behalf. That left him disgruntled the whole time, because while busy jumping along to loud music and almost having a near panic attack about Chan Yeol last night, he hadn’t even touched the tutorial’s assignment.

 

He wasn’t surprised at all when he saw Se Hun lounging at the café of their faculty on the ground floor once the class was over and he joined the man with a pleased grin. Se Hun, just like Chan Yeol did this morning, had shades on and he nodded at Baek Hyun almost too airily to be completely sober.

 

Beautiful hangover doing its bidding.

 

“Had a good night sleep?” He asked as he pulled his right ankle over his left knee. Se Hun turned towards him slowly and with him hiding behind the shades, Baek Hyun can hardly tell his expression if not for the raised eyebrows.

 

“You are being unnecessarily unkind right now, just so you know.” The younger man said with a straight face and Baek Hyun couldn’t help laughing out at the blank voice, memories of a heaving Oh Se Hun by the toilet bowl wailing and crying about wanting Baek Hyun not to ever leave him from last night was still fresh in his head.

 

“Hangover still? I’m surprised you’re up at all since your next class is at 4pm today. Jong Dae and Chan Yeol bailed out on me before the class started. Traitorous bastards those lots, I’m telling you.” He sighed and Se Hun only nodded in return.

 

“Yeah, figured that one out when I heard them sneaking into our house this morning and passed out in the living room.” 

 

It was actually heart-warming when they climbed into Se Hun’s compact Kia Rio, both silent with sleep, because it was early, only 10.15am, and Baek Hyun always knew that the man had a soft spot for him, getting out of his bed this early at all despite of his hangover just to fetch him. Se Hun didn’t say this, Se Hun wasn’t really a man with many words to begin with, but Baek Hyun knew of this fact anyway. He always had, and he changed the gear to ‘D’ before driving them away from the campus site.

 

Se Hun’s and Min Seok’s place was not that far from the campus, only a fifteen minutes’ drive away and Baek Hyun parked the car at Min Seok’s empty lot. The elder man must have gone out earlier. He was already in his final semester, life figured out and a company waiting for him once he was done with the finals in two months.

 

He saw Jong Dae’s car parked by the street. He shook Se Hun from next to him awake, and they both got into the house, cold marbled floor soaked through his socked feet when Se Hun closed the entrance door and they walked past the living room. Baek Hyun saw Jong Dae on the couch and Chan Yeol on the carpet, pillows probably snuck out from the Se Hun’s room upstairs surrounded them with the few blankets Min Seok always folded on the couch covered them from the cold.

 

True to his thought, all four pillows and a bolster were missing from Se Hun’s bed and the younger groaned out before he walked out from the room. Baek Hyun threw his backpack to the floor, taking off his black cardigan and abandoned them onto Se Hun’s office chair, leaving him in only washed light blue skinny jeans and white short sleeved tee, before he jumped into the bed. Se Hun came back minutes later with pillows probably snatched from Min Seok’s room and they slept right away after that.

 

===

 

The next time he woke up, it was to a slight headache. Se Hun was already gone from the bed and he walked to the window, looking out to see that both Se Hun’s and Jong Dae’s cars were missing. A quick glance at his watch showed that it was already 3.56pm and he remembered Se Hun had class at 4 and Jong Dae mentioned that he needed to see his supervisor per the university’s usual required evaluation procedure.

 

When Baek Hyun went downstairs, he saw that the living room was empty and he was oddly disappointed to see that he was left alone, not even Chan Yeol had stayed behind and so he walked to the kitchen, tummy rumbling at the prospect of food.

 

Min Seok will be back sometime after 4, and the man had mentioned something about kimchii fried rice for them and so Baek Hyun settled for the iced tea from the fridge.

 

The glass almost slip from his grip if not for the huge hand dwarfed around his as his heart jumped out when Chan Yeol’s face suddenly appeared from the doorway to the kitchen right after he shut the fridge’s door.

 

Jesus –Chan Yeol, don’t jump out like that on people!”

 

Chan Yeol had looked at him with confusion and he opened his mouth as if to retaliate when Baek Hyun pulled his hand away, taking the glass with him as he walked to the sink. His hips were pressed against the hard tiled counter; it was easier to compose himself when he was turned away from Chan Yeol like this.

 

His heart was going crazy under his chest, Chan Yeol had genuinely surprised him.

 

“Sorry, didn’t mean to surprise you like that.” The deep voice called out from his back and Baek Hyun almost jumped on his spot when hard body pressed against his back and Chan Yeol slid an arm around his waist to place his own glass into the sink.

 

His cologne stabbed through his nostrils, and damn, Chan Yeol smelled really good. The man used his fingers to twist the knob of the tab and water poured over his hand before he undid the knob again, stopping the water back.

 

Baek Hyun can feel his breathing hitching into a staccato of notes in his throat, his eyes were wide and he hoped that Chan Yeol won’t see all that, except that when he focused on the glass of the window by the sink, he saw that Chan Yeol was staring straight at him. His face was unreadable, before his eyes flicked down Baek Hyun’s face to his lips from the reflection and then looking back up again to his eyes. His weight was a sturdy wall at the shorter man’s back and Chan Yeol pulled away after that with, what Baek Hyun refused to acknowledge, somehow, a satisfied look.

 

With Chan Yeol’s long legs, it didn’t take long for the tall man to walk out of the kitchen and soon enough, noises from the TV filled the whole space and only after that did Baek Hyun allowed himself to take a calming breath in.


What the was wrong with him?

 

What was happening?

 

Baek Hyun should’ve realised.

 

Chan Yeol’s presence never usually had that sort of effect on him. Once upon a time, if Chan Yeol ever sneak up on his back like that, he would act like a coy playful housewife and they would act disgustingly domestic with noisy flying kisses to each other and exaggerating lovey-dovey act that would usually drive Jong Dae up the wall with disgust, but now, it was almost as if he had hoped for Chan Yeol to –

 

He took another calming breath in before settling his glass into the sink and walked out of the kitchen. 

 

Chan Yeol had settled by the 3-sitter couch, arms opening and pushed out to the back of the sofa. Baek Hyun sat next to him with what he hoped to be a nonchalant move. He couldn’t focus on what Chan Yeol was watching, because suddenly, the knowledge that there were only the two of them in this confined space of a home seemed scandalous.

 

This wasn’t the first time they’ve been alone in this house, there never had been an issue before because both of them were great friends, so Baek Hyun really didn’t know what brought the change. He really needed to get a grip of himself.

 

“How come you’re still around?” he asked after a while, “I didn’t see you when I came down just now.”

 

Chan Yeol hummed from next to him, turning his face around to face Baek Hyun with a raised eyebrow before he looked back to the TV.

 

“Was in the washroom I think? I was, at least, before I went into the kitchen and walked in on you.”

 

Baek Hyun chanced the man another glance, studying his side profile briefly before quickly turning away, heart that only just calmed down now starting to grow erratic again when he took in Chan Yeol’s handsome face.

 

His best friend had gone through drastic transformation with his hair colour. The first time they met, Chan Yeol had deep red hair, complimenting his handsome face and physique. A year and half after that, the man had dyed them back to black. The contrast of jet black and his fair skin made many girls giggled their way. He remembered always teasing the man about it, and how Chan Yeol always liked it whenever Baek Hyun complimented him. Then last year, he had drastically bleached his hair into a shade of grey, silver-ish, and Chan Yeol was just a walking ticking bomb, Baek Hyun knew that, he just didn’t know why suddenly now he was affected by it.

 

Baek Hyun was thankfully saved from his own head when he heard the front door opened and saw Min Seok walking in with a bored face. The eldest of the three nodded their way before slumping next to Chan Yeol since the tall man had hogged up the middle seat. When the couch move about at Min Seok’s weight, Chan Yeol’s hand fell over and Baek Hyun felt his face heating up and his heart going at it again.

 

The man’s palm was huge as they casually rested on Baek Hyun’s shoulder, but the shorter man swore that he could feel the heat radiated straight to the back of his neck, up his throat and frying up his ing brain. He gulped down a huge breath in.

 

Chan Yeol wasn’t looking at him, the man looked nonchalant in his spot and Baek Hyun was rendered paralyse, too confused to move the hand away, because despite how his reaction scared the out of him, his stomach clenched in excitedly and his head was giddy with high –probably lack of oxygen because he was so ing stupid, he wished he’d just die and get swallowed by the sofa there and then.

 

===

 

a/n: Wow, would you look at that. Finally. A new chapter HARRHARR. I initially got the idea for this fic when I first saw a friend played the new Dragon Age 2 sometime last year. I was complaining about one thing or another because we were basically obsessed about the fact that we can make pretty characters to match them with the Bull. So it all stem out from there, actually. Just google them up, if you're unfamiliar with the game. This is a Qunari, btw.

 

I remember that I just saw Martin Garrix when I first wrote this chapter. Lol I remember I was still stuck in that hellhole of an audit firm when I wrote this oh god, I’m a free man now. There are so many things that have happened all this time I was away. Got offered a scholarship to continue my professional course (ACCA) and so I quit my job back in March this year. I wrote this fic last year, but never got the time to finish everything up, because I was always held back at the office before and at some point, I began to write less and less. I thankfully finish the whole thing last month, and I’m almost done with another project. So let’s see what happens next!

 

So, tell me! Was this ok? Nay? Sorry about the grammatical mistake and stuff. This was un-beta, so… mmm… yeah. Hahaha….

 

-bluecoins