My Articles are My Pride

I Need To Save My Career!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure about this?” Taehyung asked as he and Jungkook ascended the stairs. Jungkook, as per Taehyung’s request, made arrangements such that Taehyung was able to enter the management building whenever he wants. Since it was his first time there, Jungkook had welcomed him at the lift lobby, smiling brightly.

“Are you really asking me this after you pestered me for the past few days, hyung?” Jungkook hissed. Taehyung could only smile sheepishly and scratched his head.

“I mean I’m a reporter, by right I can’t be here without your boss permission,” Taehyung replied. Jungkook scoffed, stopping his tracks and turning towards Taehyung.

“Seriously hyung!! I managed to get the permission already!! Stop dwelling on it, please!” Jungkook whined.

“You omitted the fact that I’m a reporter, though,” Taehyung commented before Jungkook hurriedly placed a hand over his mouth and pushed him towards the wall, leaning in with a serious look.

“Listen hyung, under no circumstances, you are to reveal that you’re a reporter or journalist okay? The noonas and hyungs here are pretty tight about this stuff and I’m already risking a lot by bringing you here. The only reason why you’re not recognised is because of your alias and the fact that you write weird and uninteresting articles,” Jungkook whispered. Taehyung’s eyebrows furrowed in disapproval and slapped Jungkook’s face lightly. Jungkook straightened his body as he looked at Taehyung incredulously for the slap.

“You , just because you’re popular and I’m not,” Taehyung crossed his arms. Jungkook sighed and pulled Taehyung along the corridors to one of the rooms, which Taehyung assumed was a recording studio.

“Fine! I’m sorry, hyung. Now come! Meet my hyungs!” Jungkook opened the door slightly and peeked in, murmuring something before he opened the door fully.

Three pairs of eyes instantly scrutinised him and that he felt under their stares. Taehyung blinked and bowed immediately as a greeting. The youngest of the three, who Taehyung knew as Rap Monster, smiled and stood up from his couch.

“Hello, you’re Taetae-hyung that Jungkook has been talking about?” Rap Monster held out his hand. Taehyung looked at his hand then his friendly gaze before taking the outstretched hand with both of his hands.

“Ah, yes. I’m Kim Taehyung,” he answered while shaking the taller man’s hand. Rap Monster nodded and gestured towards the others.

“That’s Hoseok and Yoongi. I’m Namjoon. And please, call us by our given names,” Namjoon smiled. Taehyung marvel at the dimples on his cheeks, feeling blessed that he could see them in real life. The television screen did the dimples no justice, he thought. Namjoon led him to the couch as Hoseok made space for him and smiled. Taehyung sat down and looked at Jungkook who was smirking.

“So Taehyung, you’re two years older than Jungkook?” Hoseok asked, putting his phone into his jean pocket. Taehyung nodded.

“You have a job?” Taehyung nodded again to Namjoon’s question.

“Are you a model? You look very... ulzzang,” Hoseok stated as he blatantly checked Taehyung out. Taehyung blushed as Hoseok’s eyes moved up and down his body. Taehyung caught Jungkook’s warning glance and cleared his throat.

“I’m just a normal office worker. A manager,” Taehyung smiled as he lied. Hoseok let out a sigh of disapproval as he shook his head, commenting on how Taehyung was wasting his looks.

The other member, Suga – also known as Yoongi – was watching him in suspicion. He scooted closer to Taehyung on his roller chair and glared at him.

“Why are you here?”

Taehyung gulped. “I just... want to... visit my dongsaeng... at work,” Taehyung mumbled. Yoongi turned towards Jungkook who shrugged, raising his eyebrows.

“Why?” he continued, turning his gaze back to Taehyung.

Taehyung searched his brain for an answer. “I want to... see how idol life is like.”

“Seeing on TV is not enough?”

“Yoongi-hyung,” Namjoon chided.

“I wanted to be a singer when I was younger. But I gave up that dream when my mother fell ill and became a jou... a normal office worker... so that I can attend to her easily. I just want to see how it’s like if I had been a singer,” Taehyung answered softly, biting his lips as he realised that he almost slipped up. Taehyung looked down on his lap, aware that all four pairs of eyes were watching him in sympathy. He could even feel the questioning stare of Jungkook as he never to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter