My Career for Yours

I Need To Save My Career!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook yawned as he made his way to the recording studio. He had gotten very little sleep last night, having spent his time in the dance studio to practice for the upcoming comeback. His schedules have been piling up ever since he had agreed to collaborate with his BT S and Jin sunbaenims. He never exactly realised how busy and popular his sunbaenims are until he sees them leaving earlier from the recording to rush for another event or coming in tired from a long drive the night before.

When he entered the recording studio, he was shocked to see the PD in there, looking contemplative and unhappy? He looked around the room to see everyone being more tensed than usual.

“Good morning, sunbaenims, Bang PD-nim,” Jungkook bowed. Bang PD grunted to acknowledge his arrival.

Jungkook awkwardly made his way to the corner of the room and stood there silently.

“But how did they find out?”

“We were very secretive about this!”

“This is not even a tabloid. Seriously how did they get this info?” Namjoon questioned.

Jungkook realised that they were tensed over an article in the magazine that was on the table. Jungkook approached the table and saw the words “Rap Monster Above, Runch Randa Under.”

“Who’s Runch Randa?” Jungkook timidly asked.

“It’s Namjoon’s underground name, way before he entered the company,” Hoseok answered solemnly. Jungkook nodded as he picked up the magazine, scanning through the article. His heart dropped when he saw the writer’s name. V.

“We’ll deal about this later. Now get back to work,” Bang PD said. He then left the room. Namjoon groaned and scratched his head in annoyance.

“Our image is ruin, !” Namjoon shouted. Hoseok tried to calm him down.

“I don’t see the problem...” Jungkook muttered to himself as he read the article.

“His image is being built up on a lie. He has been denying about his involvement in the underground hip hop scene ever since he debuted because Bang PD wanted to create a ‘clean’ image for him. For all of us,” Yoongi answered.

“Hyung you were in it too?”

 Yoongi nodded as he added, “Hoseok as well.”

Jungkook looked at the three of them in surprise. He then excused himself to leave the room to call his hyung. When he opened the door, he was shocked to see Taehyung outside the door with a carrier that had 6 cups of coffee.

“Hi! Am I disturbing?”

“Underground rapper? That is really cool!” Taehyung chirped as he looked at the three stressful faces who could only force a smile. Jungkook was in a dilemma as he wondered why Taehyung had written the article in the first place. Was it revenge for them laughing at his articles before? Or did he not think twice about his action? What was going on in his hyung’s head?

“It’s cool, but this means we’ve been lying to the public,” Yoongi answered as he stared at Namjoon who was silent the whole time.

“I don’t even want to see the number of people leaving the fan cafés and the slanders that we’ll be getting,” Hoseok groaned. Taehyung rubbed his shoulders in comfort and look at them.

“I suggest you issue an apology and explain why you have to hide about your involvement underground. I mean, there must be a reason why you had to do it right?”

“Issuing an apology is basically acknowledging their mistakes and letting the public shame them even more,” Jungkook hissed as he glared at Taehyung. Taehyung didn’t notice the glare as he looked down at his shoes.

“Underground rapper turned idol rapper. Hyung, you’re an idol rapper now. Can you even call yourself an underground rapper?” Taehyung directed the question to Namjoon. Namjoon looked up and stared at Taehyung, blinking in confusion.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean, I’m just saying. If you were an underground rapper and you signed onto an entertainment company that produces idol rappers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter